Why the salvage kit system could be better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valinum.1768

Valinum.1768

The monthly salvage kit is ridiculous. I have found so many items or used some previous items so i can salvage them and then, they don’t even let me salvage? It seems like i can only salvage the items that make me money that are rare or exotic. I do not know whether this is a glitch with my system, but I cannot salvage any of my fine or basic equipment even though they are weapons. I don’t agree the monthly salvage is a good idea. 500? That’s a little too much. It is a lot of effort finding 500 items that will be able to be used to complete the monthly challenges or even so buy them? Costing us more than we even make from doing these monthly challenges.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lavernius Tucker.2903

Lavernius Tucker.2903

You should be able to salvage basic and fine equipment, as well as salvageable trophies (i.e. thin leather straps, valuable metal scraps, etc.) It could be a glitch on your side of things.

-Tucker

in Suggestions

Valinum.1768

I can’t. I’ve even tried to use a better salvage kit, still no work. So now i must miss out on my monthly due to the system? :’)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

Er…. You could be trying to salvage something/equipment from a karma vendor. Some things aren’t just salvageable. Definitely on your side of things.

in Suggestions

Valinum.1768

I’m going to buy a sword and see if it works, but I’ve had this more than once

(edited by Valinum.1768)

in Suggestions

Yujin.1785

I tried salvage something I got from the Dragon event, still turned up red -.-

Red? What do you mean red? As in your inventory was full and it was red?

in Suggestions

Valinum.1768

Inventory wasn’t full. I changed it cos i realised my mistake there :p but everything I’m trying to salvage just comes up as red after I double click the salvage kit. There’s room in my inventory. However wen i checked if my bow could be salvaged, it said it highlighted blue. The bows exotic however and I am not salvaging it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

The only items you cannot salvage are items you bought for karma I believe. I myself have no trouble salvaging anything that drops. I’m already at 250 salvages, and its only the 5th in the month, also there are some players out there who have already completed a monthly, so I don’t see why 30 days would not be enough to salvage 500 items.

in Suggestions

Yujin.1785

As Doomguard said, you probably got them from some karma vendor, Lion guard Lyns, and some items from the personal story line. Other than these, can’t really think of anything else that’s unsalvageable.

Maybe you should post a screenshot of the item in question that can’t be salvaged.

in Suggestions

Valinum.1768

I was annoyed about it being 500 because my things won’t salvage. I tried a beserk warhorn, but it turned up red

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Maybe they should add clear indicators on those karma items so we know they were bought for karma at some point, or we got them from personal story some time ago.

in Suggestions

Posted by: krippler.9826

krippler.9826

Such a stupid monthly. People tell me “It’s only 18 salvages a day!” OK, but what if I play every other day? Suddenly it becomes 36. The only purpose this serves is to teach us to salvage stuff that we shouldn’t be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Such a stupid monthly. People tell me “It’s only 18 salvages a day!” OK, but what if I play every other day? Suddenly it becomes 36. The only purpose this serves is to teach us to salvage stuff that we shouldn’t be.

Go to the TP buy up some salvageable items, done in first day. Stop expecting to be spoon fed the reward at the end of the month and do something to earn it.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

I used Basic Salvage Kit on Metal Scraps on 6 of them. All returned me with silk scraps !

Mechanics are all bugged. I didn’t even get a single metal ore or any quality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Something tells me you play a necro…

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

The monthly salvage kit is ridiculous. I have found so many items or used some previous items so i can salvage them and then, they don’t even let me salvage? It seems like i can only salvage the items that make me money that are rare or exotic. I do not know whether this is a glitch with my system, but I cannot salvage any of my fine or basic equipment even though they are weapons. I don’t agree the monthly salvage is a good idea. 500? That’s a little too much. It is a lot of effort finding 500 items that will be able to be used to complete the monthly challenges or even so buy them? Costing us more than we even make from doing these monthly challenges.

What the hell are you talking about? I think you’re doing it wrong since you can salvage any type of gear: Weapons, Armors and Salvageable items no matter what color. The monthly salvage it’s one of the easiest of all achievements, I’m doing it in 5-10 days without effort. 20 days for a moderate players is more than enough. If you ever find yourself in a hurry buy a some white gloves from the TP (sort by price) with only a few copper/piece.