Why won't Housing be added?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Q. Why won’t Anet add a housing option? Or even a Guild Housing Zone? They could do a whole lot with that! Even make it a PvP Area in game or something! I think it’s a great idea that can be twisted and turned and made into something awesome.

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Because there is soo much more important things being worked on atm. I believe these features will come when ready since they were in GW1 and were attractive but currently it just isn’t that imporant as fixing spvp and wvw.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Housing
*should be instanced
*Look like it’s in the open world like in R###.
*I want to live anywhere in the world, but instanced like the personal story.
*furniture crafting
*use screen shots as hanging portraits
*buy bank access, BL TP, crafting areas for housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

Whatever you do, do not give Anet the idea of some furniture being exclusive to the gem store. (golden, gem encrusted, big, look-at-me-im-so-good-at-this-game, mini mystic toilet.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

^ hahaha you just gave them the idea though… I think they should make the housing furniture and items purchased with in game currency, not gems.. but find some way to add gem usage for the houses. Also I think they should bring in the traditional raids so we can put up trophies.. maybe like the guild bounty missions could earn your guild trophies or if you go on the dragon raids and kill big mobs they have a chance to drop a trophy you can display idk… I certainly hope they’ll add housing/guild housing soon!

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Instanced housing would remove players from the open world, a bad move..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I remember a long time ago they said our home instances would develop and people would react to us differently in our home instances depending on how we played, we could invite friends to visit us in our customized home instances and so on and son on and so on. So many empty and broken promises.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kangaroo.8753

kangaroo.8753

I will officially die for that. I was playing phantay star universe before guild wars 2, they have it from the start and it was a very very very beautiful add to the game. In quest you drop item to embellish it, it was a great part of that mmo… Maybe a very little istance you could place wherever you want in the world, with a free waypoint inside to teleport too, with golem banker, and maybe a tv or something with the possibility of opening the guild wars 2 forum inside of it to wrote on this forums… Anet will sell in the shopgem all the embellishment for it, because houses are a totally NOT IMPORTANT thing and if someone want it can pay for it. Maybe it will cost like a 100 gold, with implementation of material and recipe to create it…it just a fantasy but i will supremely love it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They could use hall of monuments for it,expand the place a bit make it like the HoM in gw1,restore it to its original glory ( with some extras ).OR Simply give us the option to pay the NPC inside to restore/upgrade the place.And make it so you can invite other people there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I like the idea of housing and more. Anything that adds more dimension to this narrowly focused game. Right now it’s all about killing! All rewards are based on killing. There’s more to our lives than that. Please add something we can build!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Because there is soo much more important things being worked on atm. I believe these features will come when ready since they were in GW1 and were attractive but currently it just isn’t that imporant as fixing spvp and wvw.

God, dude, applause! +1

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

Sucks that if there is any housing it wont be for at least 6 months or a year when no one cares anymore.
You’d think they would just have it in the game automatically when it was released

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Instanced housing would remove players from the open world, a bad move..

It beats the landscape being clogged and overrun with ugly, misplaced houses and first-come first-serve rented rooms available only to the rich.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theorick.2713

Theorick.2713

Copy&paste from another forum.

“I think one of the key problems with rewards in this game is that the system lacks any real depth or breadth. At the moment our material goals are for cosmetics (ultimately Legendaries) and gear (ultimatey ascended but generally exotics). As these typically share the same resources, ectos t6 mats etc, this is creating a bottleneck for Anet; materially we’re only interested in rares/exotics/pre-cursors because they are the only drops that have any real value.

Anet need to add scope to endgame activities/hobbies, and need to place them on a separate ingredients path to those currently in-game. If, for example, Anet took a leaf out of Trion’s book and introduced Rift-style player housing players could/would have the option of pursuing items for housing; Bosses dropping trophies or whatnot.

Until Anet increase our end-game options, until they give us more grind (in the positive sense) until then they can pull, stretch and tweak all they want, but all they have to play with are rares and exotics."

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Your home instance IS housing. It’s just a lame, underdeveloped implementation of housing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I would love my own house in game, but unfortunately I can see housing being like other MMO housing, where it will cost loads of money (as if we dont have enough to spend on atm grinding for legendaries etc) and the only ppl that will be able to afford the more exclusive housing are the ones that log on Play TP for an hour get rich and log out, and not the real ppl that play the game itself and are not scarred of stepping outside LA.

Perhaps it would be a good idea use the achievement points to purchase houses and that way everyone has a fair chance to get roughly equal, and that way ppl actually earned their house. Not just the rich kids with daddy’s credit card (who probably get a weekly allowance of gems), not just the ppl that think all the game is, is a stock market and havnt seen outside of LA since release, and not the gold sellers that will find some way to use housing as a profitable means. Why allow the real player that earn their achievement points as they play , something they dont have to grind for, something that gold or money has no advantage over (keep that for furniture if necessary). Have different size/type houses costing various amounts of achievement points for example mansion/estate/castle/palace etc, giving the player option to buy small or wait until he/she acquires more points.

But please for the love of god dont make them acquirable buy gold and give more to the rich. I been grinding my kitten off for months for 1 legendary and still got quite a bit to go and there are ppl with 4 legendaries running around with a few thousand gold spare in the bank, (here u go mate spend ur spare cash on a palace it will go well with all ur legendaries, perhaps u could employ the poor folk who cant play the game instead of TP to rub ur feet while u sit in ur throne).

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronik.5249

Ronik.5249

I don’t know if it would be even remotely possible with the amount of players in the game and the amount of space, but I think it would be simply AMAZING if player houses weren’t instanced, but were rather part of the open world. Imagine having a home in the heart of Divinity’s Reach, being in your own, quiet, personal space, then stepping out into the bustling streets without even having to load a new screen. Or having your house built at the base of a waterfall, stepping from the safety of your home into the uncertain mists.
There’s a lot of features that would need to be implemented, and a lot of thought would need to go into them.

I don’t know if the open-world aspect would ever work, but it would also be extremely cool to add a form of housing market on GW2. For example, to own a home, you and other people would put “bids” on houses, and if you were the highest bidder, you got that home for maybe a month. Then, when the “lease” ran out, the bidding would happen again. This would cause the homes that are more desirable to go for more and the less desirable to go for less, obviously. This not only would add another cool feature to the game, but would also help control the economy by causing the people who are loaded — and therefore driving prices of the TP up — to spend a lot of money to ensure they got the home they wanted, and would also add a new thing to strive for at end-game.