/afk command or something similar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I’ve noticed this for awhile too. Someone will be afk in an area that’s not completely safe and people will keep rezing them thinking that they’re not afk. Then they’ll keep dying and their armor will keep degrading. I know you can just say “well don’t go afk in a dangerous area” however I like to think of solutions that can help everyone. I originally thought that maybe a prompt should come up asking if you want to be rezed but on second thought that is a bit silly because it would be annoying. So I’d like it if there was a way to show players that you’re afk. For instance maybe typing /afk can put an icon by your name that says AFK like the LFG thing puts a symbol by your name. Then any input from your keyboard would automatically break the AFK.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I think they should just make the AFK kick shorter and not consider me AFK when I am typing. Hello? I am typing. That, by definition, means I am not away from my keyboard and not idle.

I hate the kitten out of that kitten idle message too!

Sponsored by the Don’t Kick a Kitten Foundation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dead Parrot.1973

Dead Parrot.1973

They need to add an afk option that “safes” the toon. Sometimes nature, family members or the UPS person want attention NOW. A player shouldn’t be punished just because real life demands a little attention. And teleporting does punish since it costs and you then have to run back to where you were.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

They need to add an afk option that “safes” the toon. Sometimes nature, family members or the UPS person want attention NOW. A player shouldn’t be punished just because real life demands a little attention. And teleporting does punish since it costs and you then have to run back to where you were.

I’m sure that wouldn’t lead to any exploitation at all…

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

It’s called the ‘Character Selection Screen’. It takes less than 10 seconds to get there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dead Parrot.1973

Dead Parrot.1973

Have to admit to a facepalm moment on this one. Too many years of GW1 where char select popped you back to the nearest town. It just hadn’t ‘clicked’ that GW2 was starting me where I had last stopped.