dungeon join sytem similar to pvp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paine.2513

Paine.2513

This is dumb, I stopped playing nearly 2 months ago, shortly after obtaining lvl 80 and full exotic gear, because it was impossible to build decent groups to do dungeons, pvp or wvw. I don’t want to stand in town shouting for a group over other people, that’s not fun. After taking part in the betas and seeing how much effort arenanet put in to optimizing the game and making it fun; I’m really surprised they’ve completely overlooked players wanting to find groups outside of their guild, or casual players who don’t have all day to sit in town.

It’s not acceptable to force players who are looking for an lfg option to rely on 3rd party sites for a solution. Regardless of how well other site work, this option should available in-game. Even if they made queuing for a dungeon similar to joining pvp, where you could “fast join” to automatically get grouped with others, it would relieve a lot of the sitting in town bored trying to filter through chat spam.

For incomplete groups, who currently end up sitting on their hands in town filtering through chat, having a function similar to Aion, where you could queue with a partial group and get random LFGers to fill it, would be great.

Obviously some people would want to have specific classes and builds for specific roles to run speed clear or to be the most efficient, it would be nice to see a more complex system that allows you to check everyone’s level/gear/build to make sure you’re adding the right people, obviously that would take longer to implement but it would benefit the end game a lot.

The top two options don’t seem difficult to implement, especially since the pvp random group function already exist in game, and the 2nd option is similar to joining a current pvp. There’s really no excuse to not implement something similar for dungeons.

If something isn’t done I’m going to lose all interest in wanting to come back and play.

Cry Of Paine – Crystal Desert – 80 Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I say the more control the player has in the group creation, augmented by an in-game system, the better it would be. Auto-groupers are good for lazy people, but having more control can simply create a more enjoyable experience for everyone (unless you are an elitist who only wants r9’s in their party, but they pay the price of waiting a long time to create one)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Global-LFG-UI-and-Feature/first#post852695

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Auto-groupers are good for lazy people,

I like the lazy part. I dont really care who I will be teamed up with, I just need to do the dungeon. So I am really up for an auto-grouping system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Laziness has nothing to do with not wanting to stand in lions arch for 15 minutes or more to get a party done… its about efficiency.
Besides, if you want control, there could be some option to check the classes you’d like to be teamed with… Even though in my exp, only a few times I’ve seen someone asking for or against a specific class/build for their group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thoressen.3794

Thoressen.3794

Not laziness, just we dont want to waste time waiting, and neither get out of instance to look for a replace.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mooseherder.2897

Mooseherder.2897

i want to continue with the story and do CM dungeon before moving too far past level 40 so i’ve kinda been at a standstill for 3 days now logging on just to find groups and not being able to and logging off. it sucks. why wouldn’t there be a group finder for the casual player?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paine.2513

Paine.2513

Auto-groupers are good for lazy people, but having more control can simply create a more enjoyable experience for everyone

I understand where you’re coming from, but this game was designed to allow any profession combination to enter a dungeon and go. While I know that only works in theory in some dungeons, it should force arenanet to consider this better when designing dungeons. It makes complete sense to allow anyone interested in running instances to auto-group and go. I mean <en>it already does this in pvp arena</en>.

Also, a lot of people don’t have the time to sit in town and wait for a group. I personally work full time and go to college half time so I only get a few hours here and there to play games. If I’m forced to spend all of that time cyphering through lfg chat when I choose to play GW2 then I’m to get frustrated, log out, and play another game.

Cry Of Paine – Crystal Desert – 80 Mesmer