Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Maybe it would of helped if jormag wasn’t the most 9/11 of boss mechanics

http://youtu.be/bcB5RDNlp7Q

nerf frostgorge championfarm

in Suggestions

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

This is not the solution to the problem because the problem exists in other world boss zones as well, even those that DO NOT have a popular champion farm path.

The main problem is GUESTING – ever try to do a boss within 4 hours of reset? Everyone who gets home form work logs in, looks up gw2stuff (or dragon timers if they are behind the times) and guests to wherever events are taking place.

I think that you should only get chest/daily rewards for the mega bosses while on your native server – that would go a long way to solving overflow issues. The servers are more than full of players where these bosses are easily taken down on all but the most odd of hours during the day.

Another option is the event overflow system we saw with the Scarlet Invasions, that could work too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

i can’t believe some are actually asking for nerfs… are you like stupid or something? this is probably the game that received the most nerfs in its 1st year than any games released in the passed decade and you want more? like wtf

exactly he want it to take longer to grind for ascended etc. What happened to play the way you want !? some people just want to get legendary in this decade. Then others want to nerf some of the only profitable farms. Not everyone have time to play 15hours a day. Some people like me have jobs for them profitable farms are good.

I don’t think you read his post. I must agree with him in that it causes problem for others that are in the same zone doing other content. It’s very problematic for all in the zone. I don’t agree with his solution, but I do agree with his premise. Of course proposed solutions get heckled, but fun-fun we can just keep at each others throats in the zones until the game melts and everyone logs out for good.

Causes problems? Overflows are still a problem at every World boss or Scarlet invasion outside of Frostgorge. Frostgorge presents a good target and a “group” to blame. The Zerg farm isn’t effecting anyone outside of the few people who have no manners or social grace in map chat. That’s everywhere though.

Zerg = Scapegoat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i can’t believe some are actually asking for nerfs… are you like stupid or something? this is probably the game that received the most nerfs in its 1st year than any games released in the passed decade and you want more? like wtf

exactly he want it to take longer to grind for ascended etc. What happened to play the way you want !? some people just want to get legendary in this decade. Then others want to nerf some of the only profitable farms. Not everyone have time to play 15hours a day. Some people like me have jobs for them profitable farms are good.

I don’t think you read his post. I must agree with him in that it causes problem for others that are in the same zone doing other content. It’s very problematic for all in the zone. I don’t agree with his solution, but I do agree with his premise. Of course proposed solutions get heckled, but fun-fun we can just keep at each others throats in the zones until the game melts and everyone logs out for good.

you know what the real problem is? GW2 has no farmable spots. Lets say running dungeons wa truly rewarding (3-5g per run without stupid DR). Do you really think we would be seeing zerg trains farming champs? No. But since there’s absolutely nothing to farm in this over nerfed game, everyone is doing what they can to make some kind of money. Don’t blame champ farmer but &^#^ anet nerfing everything that can possibly be nerfed.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Champion Zerg.

Open to all classes, builds, and levels in the area.
Give PvE commanders something to tag up for.
Highly profitable.
Requires community interaction and cooperation in open world.

Ruins Jormag on some servers but you can guest smaller ones.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

you know what the real problem is? GW2 has no farmable spots. Lets say running dungeons wa truly rewarding (3-5g per run without stupid DR). Do you really think we would be seeing zerg trains farming champs? No. But since there’s absolutely nothing to farm in this over nerfed game, everyone is doing what they can to make some kind of money. Don’t blame champ farmer but &^#^ anet nerfing everything that can possibly be nerfed.

I will pose these questions to you. Why do you need to farm? Where does it state that you need all that money and materials now? Why not play the game and not just farm the game?

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

I don’t see how it ruins Jormag. Even if I’m in the zone and not champ farming I never do Jormag, it’s not worth my time.

in Suggestions

Nuka Cola.8520

I will pose these questions to you. Why do you need to farm? Where does it state that you need all that money and materials now? Why not play the game and not just farm the game?

I will answer you with a question. Why do you even play? The answer is to do something. That’s the answer. Farming is makes you money which gets you closer to your goal which can be a legendary or whatever. Running around and doing hearts like some are saying that’s what enjoyable in gw2 is just laughable.

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

Why does it bother you that people farm? The farm in no way hurts your game what-so-ever. This farm is simply taking out champions in open world, it’s not like they are failing an event to farm champs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Someone above made a valid point about lack of reward for dungeons. If typical dungeontakes an hour and gives me ONE gold but champ train gives me 6…..well i’m an accountant, but even if you are not i’m sure you can do the math.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Nuka Cola.8520

Someone above made a valid point about lack of reward for dungeons. If typical dungeontakes an hour and gives me ONE gold but champ train gives me 6…..well i’m an accountant, but even if you are not i’m sure you can do the math.

Not only dungeons but everything else as well. Why the F am i getting like 70copper for completing a Heart? Why am i getting 1silver for completing an event that took ~10 minutes? Anet wants us to do open world stuff when rewards aren’t just bad but completely pathetic never seen in an mmo. Then people complain about champ farmers rofl

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Stuff needs to scale for real. It makes no sense that the more people you throw at it, the less risk there is and the more rewarding it becomes. A personal looting system without any cap or scaling to account for everyone is a major flaw that promotes zerging.

Take event scaling for example, where with a group of 10, there might be 10 mobs and 2 veterans, whereas with a group of 50, there might be 10 veterans and 2 champions. Not only will the 50 players kill them faster, they also get better loot.

Scaling needs to be entirely uncapped. If 100 people want to zerg a champion balanced around 5 players, then that champion should be scaled to at least 20x its normal to account for every single player. A single auto attack should be able to 1 shot someone and AoEs should take out entire groups. Sitting there and AFK auto attacking should not be an option.

in Suggestions

TheGuy.3568

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

I don’t see how it ruins Jormag. Even if I’m in the zone and not champ farming I never do Jormag, it’s not worth my time.

Uhmm if other players (not you since you do not do Jormag and would sit in the area when people want access to him thus taking up a slot) want to complete the Jormag event and can not due to the area being filled in part due to the champ zerg the yes it does ruin the event for some. Some player still want their celestial weapons and Jormag like other world events provides loot that helps with that. Additionally even if a player just wanted to fight the boss just to fight the boss they should be able to do that as they paid for access to the content just like you did.

BTW there are more people playing then just you yourself.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

Uhmm if other players (not you since you do not do Jormag and would sit in the area when people want access to him thus taking up a slot) want to complete the Jormag event and can not due to the area being filled in part due to the champ zerg the yes it does ruin the event for some. Some player still want their celestial weapons and Jormag like other world events provides loot that helps with that. Additionally even if a player just wanted to fight the boss just to fight the boss they should be able to do that as they paid for access to the content just like you did.

Excuse me? There are other things to do in the zone besides be there for Jormag, so my being in the zone doesn’t “take up” a spot. I have every right to be there and doing so isn’t selfish of me as your post so implies. Perhaps I’m there gathering, or perhaps I’m there completing the map on an alt. Who are you to tell me what I’m supposed to be doing while on the map? If by some chance you want to do Jormag and cannot because you are put in an overflow (for whatever reason) there is a little thing called guesting you might want to check out, or I don’t know…wait for the next time he’s around if the event is so important to you.

EDIT: By your logic if I’m on a map and a world event pops up that I don’t want to partake in I should have to leave the map so someone can take my spot….I don’t think so. That request is pretty selfish imo.

(edited by CelebrityX.7014)

in Suggestions

TheGuy.3568

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

(sic…nonsensical anger) If by some chance you want to do Jormag and cannot because you are put in an overflow (for whatever reason) there is a little thing called guesting you might want to check out

EDIT: By your logic if I’m on a map and a world event pops up that I don’t want to partake in I should have to leave the map so someone can take my spot….I don’t think so. That request is pretty selfish imo.

Hurt much? That being said you don’t read either. Next time you want to make a point and quote someone read what they said. And yes by my logic you are selfish. Did you miss that? 3 – 4 hour wait vs gathering you can get when you get back with no time barrier. Or you could just do in the overflow with no penalty (unlike Jomag).

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

So……..next time read or just do not comment :-)

Lets not do the whole forum battle thing you win and I do not care. Please do not bother quoting me over your nonsense in the future.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hastings.4068

Hastings.4068

plz nerf this farming – champions are special mobs and its insane ppl spamfarm this and kill them in 2-3 seconds

we have overflow on elonareach in the morning even 50min before jormag spawn – alot ppl guesting on elona to farm champions (same with this dolly bug event in cursed shore)

plz do something bout – thx

Maybe Diminishing Returns could be applied to Champion loot, you stay somewhere to long and you start getting porous bone and globbity glop instead of loot bags …

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

(sic…nonsensical anger) If by some chance you want to do Jormag and cannot because you are put in an overflow (for whatever reason) there is a little thing called guesting you might want to check out

Hurt much? That being said you don’t read either. Next time you want to make a point and quote someone read what they said. And yes by my logic you are selfish. Did you miss that? 3 – 4 hour wait vs gathering you can get when you get back with no time barrier. Or you could just do in the overflow with no penalty (unlike Jomag).

Champion Zerg.

Highly profitable.

So……..next time read or just do not comment :-)

Lets not do the whole forum battle thing you win and I do not care. Please do not bother quoting me over your nonsense in the future.

You misinterpret my post as anger where there is none, but I could really care less as I don’t tend to worry about internet people all that much.

I simply found your second post to be hypocritical, you imply I am being selfish yet in turn suggest that I shouldn’t be there taking up a spot if I’m not doing the event you think should be done.

Obviously I did read your original post since I commented on it, I still maintain the event is not ruined. I can assure you there are people on the map that are not participating in the event and not farming either. Since you are aware of the guesting feature it just seemed a bit odd you’d still think the event was somehow “ruined”. The player does in fact still have access to the content because of this feature so “ruined” seems a bit dramatic.

Sorry you see a differing opinion as a battle. Must reflect a bit about you IRL.

In any case, enjoy your next Jormag event!

(edited by CelebrityX.7014)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I think it’s wrong to place the sole blame for jormag overflow on farmers. It didn’t go into overflow at all during the SAB update. Jormag is going into overflow mainly because a ton of people are trying to get their hands on dragonite ore and ectos for crafting, and more recently, they announced world bosses will be buffed in general, now even more people will be attempting to get into world boss events before the buff comes.

it’s not like world boss events going into overflow is something new, when they first added guaranteed rares, high pop servers were going into overflow ever single time, and back then people were blaming guest, and this was before they had reduced the map caps for a short while.

Teq went into over flow a couple nights ago on YB, but there aren’t any champ farmers there hidden away int some underground tunnel, it went into overflow because a lot of people are going for dragonite, and ecto.
A couple days ag

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”