nerf thief stealth

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

wtf in wvw its again and again thief 1-2 hits apply condition and go stealth then attack again and stealth so normal class cannot fight vs him ( you dont see dmg if you hit him) with perma stealth is thief massive op (remove condition/big hp regen/with trait have 100% chance to crit when in stealth (with no cd on this trait).
and they need nerf for finish when they use stealth they can easy res anybody or finish
pls give thief some delay before he can go to stealth (2-3s) or we need see dmg if we hit him

(edited by Pecar.1236)

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Immobilize + nuke. Thief down. Problem fixed.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Pecar.1236

when use immobilize he use stealth and lose it so you never nuke him you can 1-2 hit but this dmg he can easy regen

(edited by Pecar.1236)

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

pls give thief some delay before he can go to stealth (2-3s) or we need see dmg if we hit him

There’s already a three second debuff, called “revealed” that applies any time stealth is broken by using an attack. This applies to all forms of stealth, including mesmer stealth and stealth resulting from smoke combo fields. In addition, exiting a shadow refuge while the effect is still up automatically applies revealed. Revealed prevents re-stealthing from all sources while it is in effect.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Viking Jorun.5413

when use immobilize he use stealth and lose it so you never nuke him you can 1-2 hit but this dmg he can easy regen

They don’t lose their immobilize when they stealth. You just can’t see them. Hit in the spot where you immob’d them.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Pecar.1236

we only need easy fix see dmg when we hit thief in stealth so how can fight vs anybody if i dont see hits in every mmo when get dmg in stealth you get revelated or they see dmg on you

with Shadow’s Embrace he automatic lose 1 condition when enter stealth so i use immobilize and before use aoe skill he in stealth and run away from me

(edited by Pecar.1236)

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Viking Jorun.5413

we only need easy fix see dmg when we hit thief in stealth so how can fight vs anybody if i dont see hits in every mmo when get dmg in stealth you get revelated or they see dmg on you

That used to be a bug and it severely nerfed the thief stealth to the point where you might as well have been an open heartseeker spammer than stealthed. Learn to counter thieves. They’re more predictable than warriors.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taven.5402

Taven.5402

sigh Simple. If you immobilize a thief and they go stealth they are STILL THERE. Stealth doesn’t clear immobilize, so keep attacking that spot. Throw some CC too. I’ve always laughed when they go stealth and suddenly appeared again but were downed when they did reappear. If that’s STILL not enough for you, use your chain skill.(Press 1) If you start to chain when you swing, you’ve hit the stealthed thief, so keep swinging and/or start hitting them harder.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Pecar.1236

sigh Simple. If you immobilize a thief and they go stealth they are STILL THERE. Stealth doesn’t clear immobilize, so keep attacking that spot. Throw some CC too. I’ve always laughed when they go stealth and suddenly appeared again but were downed when they did reappear. If that’s STILL not enough for you, use your chain skill.(Press 1) If you start to chain when you swing, you’ve hit the stealthed thief, so keep swinging and/or start hitting them harder.

rofl next time read before post i write it again with trait when he go stealth he automatic lose 1 condition every 3s so i use immobilize and want do some dmg but after immobilize he use stealth(automatic lose it) and run from range w8 for cd and start gank again and this do again and again every time he attack in stealth (with trait have 100% crit chance he hit1-2 apply condition and go stealth again so he kill me with condition if he have perma stealth where nobody kill it

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

It’s not a ‘nerf’ you’re calling for, it’s a ‘balance’.

‘Nerf’ and ‘Grind’: Two words hardly anyone these days seems to know the meaning of.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

rofl next time read before post i write it again with trait when he go stealth he automatic lose 1 condition every 3s so i use immobilize and want do some dmg but after immobilize he use stealth(automatic lose it) and run from range w8 for cd and start gank again and this do again and again every time he attack in stealth (with trait have 100% crit chance he hit1-2 apply condition and go stealth again so he kill me with condition if he have perma stealth where nobody kill it

From someone that plays every profession in WvWvW and TPvP and SPvP, if a Thieve is hitting you and going stealth and hitting you stealth and is a stealth build, he is just that a stealth build and low damage. If he is high damage he is low stealth ability. If he removes the imob and runs away waiting for CD’s, guess what, your CD’s are recharging also, your also gaining health and you can run from them.

Honestly sounds like you just need to learn how to play against a thieve.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Stealth should be removed from the game, completely. It’s a broken mechanism. What the heck is Anet even trying to promote with such a cowardly mechanism as stealth??? No less giving it to a cowardly class as thieves! How long is it going to take Anet to figure that out?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Stealth works just fine. There are posts on fan forums about how to run a stealth thief (for soloing vs siege or camps and vs zergs) and plenty of other posts about how to counter them, using any profession. The mechanic might not be perfect, but it doesn’t need a major change in my opinion.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

well, if they remove stealth from thief, then they will need to buff health and defense of this class to convert it to a warrior-like class.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kormona.7156

Kormona.7156

well, if they remove stealth from thief, then they will need to buff health and defense of this class to convert it to a warrior-like class.

Why do they need to do that? ranger got less hp and less defense than warrior and got less escape mecanisms than thief. Problem is not the stealth in itself it’s stealth combined with one of the best mobility.

(edited by Kormona.7156)

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

All this about immobilising, blah, blah, blah, well it doesn’t apply. Even with ArenaNet’s attempted culling fixes, Thieves are still able to stay invisible and attack from that invisibility. Their initiative allows them to spam high damage skills from this broken invisibility, while you’ve wasted your immobilise and are now waiting on a cooldown.

In theory, attacking breaks invisibility. In practise, when there are a lot of players on screen, it doesn’t.

Heck, even in other MMOs that utilise stealth, stealth classes can only be stealthed up until the initial strike, then if they want to re-stealth they have to break combat.
Any skill that allows them to stealth during combat has a cooldown measured in MINUTES, not seconds.

Initiative allows for instant reapplication of stealth skills, and the Revealed debuff doesn’t last long enough to allow WvW culling to catch up. On top of that, Thieves have various traits that heal them in stealth, remove conditions, allow them to move faster, etc.

Thief stealth is just downright broken and should never have been introduced; it’s not “stealth”, as it doesn’t require skill to use. Stealth implies awareness of your surroundings, using cover, movement and light to remain hidden. GW2 stealth is invisibility, and invisibility is a ridiculously overpowered ability to have in a multiplayer game. There is no way of balancing it.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

nerf thief stealth

in Suggestions

Pecar.1236

alright i dont want nefr stealth but only fix stealth if thief take dmg and stay in stealth and i dont see when i hit him i call it overpowered we only need fix on bug what thief use to have peram stealth / some cd on thief stealth bonus ( if thief go every 3-4 sec to stealth and in stealth have condition remove and 293hp regen every 1 s) it op

list oh his op traits: Hidden Killer 100% crit chance in stealth( no cd)
Shadow’s Rejuvenation 293 + 0.1 * Healing Power at 80. every 1s when stay in stealth ( no cd if he can spam stealth its best regen ability in game)
Shadow’s Embrace ( instan remove 1 condition when enter stealth and every 3 sec remove 1 condition (again no cd so best condition removal)
Fleet Shadow (Move 50% faster while in stealth. 33% when in combat ( again no cd so with Signet of Shadows what give passive 25% speed you never catch thief)