thief initiative-REMOVE

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

Remove the thief initiative mechanics and replace it with standard cooldown mechanics so the weapon skill’s mechanics would be the same for all classes

(edited by matemaster.2168)

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The class concept revolves around having no cooldowns and resorting to skill management. It’s the equivalent of a cooldown system and I have no beef with it. This coming from a non-Thief who has played Thief.

Also, if they removed Initiative, Thieves would just be a weaker Warrior.

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Remove the thief initiative mechanics an replace it with standard cooldown mechanics so the weapon skill’s mechanics would be the same for all classes

You people just want to totally destroy the class don’t you? You can’t be a thief or assassin with the lame cool downs… You people are just kitten ed cause you got your kitten handed to you by one. Stop trying to destroy them.. pathetic..rolls eyes

Together we stand in the face of evil!

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

If I stand there and spam /cry while you kill me will that make you feel better?

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

If I stand there and spam /cry while you kill me will that make you feel better?

I am just pointing out that the most basic mechanics in the game apply to all classes except thieves which I think is not OK

If Anet had this ridiculous idea to copy WoW rogue energy based mechanics and call it initiative then I want to see
Elementalists/necro’s/guardians to use mana pool and remove coodowns
warriors/rangers to use rage and remove cooldowns
and so on…

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

A-net is big on each class providing a different play experience.
“With professions, we’re much more concerned with how they interact with the current balance and whether they provide a different play experience.”
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/2094-room-for-future-races-and-classes/page__st__60#entry89820

So while the base may be the same, they each have something unique that they boast. They won’t just remove it and make it base. You would need to suggest something unique to add to the thief.

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

A-net is big on each class providing a different play experience.
“With professions, we’re much more concerned with how they interact with the current balance and whether they provide a different play experience.”
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/2094-room-for-future-races-and-classes/page__st__60#entry89820

So while the base may be the same, they each have something unique that they boast. They won’t just remove it and make it base. You would need to suggest something unique to add to the thief.

stealth-based character is as unique as you can get

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

maybe. but there is no reason to give all casters mana bars just because of how a theif is.

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Seems like a troll thread. Either that or OP just got roflstomped by a thief 5 hours ago and is having a knee-jerk reaction.

My advice, if you are willing to listen, is to try some confusion, retaliation, and/or some blocking cooldowns. The initiative mechanic is designed for bursting. Use other game mechanisms to counter and punish the thief’s burst.

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Please, the thief nerf posts are getting old. We just had our range nerfed so that not a single weapon skill exceeds 900 cast range… do we really need more?

Also:

Low boon access
lowest health pool tier
hs spam is as predictable as hundred blades
we die easy if you know how our skills behave :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Remove the thief initiative mechanics an replace it with standard cooldown mechanics so the weapon skill’s mechanics would be the same for all classes

You people just want to totally destroy the class don’t you? You can’t be a thief or assassin with the lame cool downs… You people are just kitten ed cause you got your kitten handed to you by one. Stop trying to destroy them.. pathetic..rolls eyes

Says the typical thief….

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

Seems like a troll thread. Either that or OP just got roflstomped by a thief 5 hours ago and is having a knee-jerk reaction.

My advice, if you are willing to listen, is to try some confusion, retaliation, and/or some blocking cooldowns. The initiative mechanic is designed for bursting. Use other game mechanisms to counter and punish the thief’s burst.

its not a troll thread
and I beat bad thieves but I cant beat skilled thieves
the encounter goes like this I am attacked by invisible thief (obviously) I am able react in such I way (using def abilities) that I am able to counter the initial burst and start to beatdown the thief now the bad thief panics and usually I kill him or he just runaway
Now the skilled thief immediately recognize the initial burst countered and he just stealths away waits for the initiative to replenish and attack me again with all the arsenal he has at his dispoasal and here’s the problem I cant properly react on this second attack as my def ability/ies are on cooldown
Thats the reason why thieves are broken.

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Remove the thief initiative mechanics and replace it with standard cooldown mechanics so the weapon skill’s mechanics would be the same for all classes

Yeah! And Mesmers shouldn’t be able to use their phantom/clones to gain certain benefits. And Necros shouldn’t have a second life pool with special powers. And Warriors shouldn’t have a special extra power with each weapon. And Guardians shouldn’t have three special skills with passive and active effects. And Engineers shouldn’t get two skills for each skill. And Elementalists should only have one set of skills per weapon. And Rangers shouldn’t have pets.

All the classes should work the same way and have nothing that sets them apart at all!

/sarcasm.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Yeah! And Mesmers shouldn’t be able to use their phantom/clones to gain certain benefits. And Necros shouldn’t have a second life pool with special powers. And Warriors shouldn’t have a special extra power with each weapon. And Guardians shouldn’t have three special skills with passive and active effects. And Engineers shouldn’t get two skills for each skill. And Elementalists should only have one set of skills per weapon. And Rangers shouldn’t have pets.

All the classes should work the same way and have nothing that sets them apart at all!

/sarcasm.

You forgot:
Thiefes shouldn’t have almost perma stealth, ports, evades, high mobility and high burst.

If thiefes had the same cooldown on skills like other professions have they still will be thiefes.

and:
Mesmers still being able to use their phantom/clones to gain certain benefits. And Necros still having a second life pool with special powers. And Warriors with a special extra power with each weapon. And Guardians with three special skills with passive and active effects. And Engineers should have two skills for each skill. And Elementalists should have 4 bars of skills per weapon. And Rangers should have pets.

Because Thief should have STEAL (a unique mechanism to their profession)

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

/sarcasm.

You forgot:
Thiefes shouldn’t have almost perma stealth, ports, evades, high mobility and high burst.

If thiefes had the same cooldown on skills like other professions have they still will be thiefes.

and:
Mesmers still being able to use their phantom/clones to gain certain benefits. And Necros still having a second life pool with special powers. And Warriors with a special extra power with each weapon. And Guardians with three special skills with passive and active effects. And Engineers should have two skills for each skill. And Elementalists should have 4 bars of skills per weapon. And Rangers should have pets.

Because Thief should have STEAL (a unique mechanism to their profession)

The point I was making is that is it the unique mechanic of the thief class. Each of those things was the unique mechanic of the class mentioned. As such, regardless of skills, no it wouldn’t be a theif because those specific mechanics are the only things that every instance of each class has in common.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Yeah, lets remove initiative, and while we are at it, mesmers dont need clones, necros dont need Death shroud either…. How could you remove initiative from thieves? Do you realize how broken the class would be? Fast combat has to flow, not be choppy, they would have to rework all of the skills and could possibly ruin the whole class. Whats with people complaining and whining about thieves? If you’re getting killed by a thief spamming 2, learn to counter it, don’t expect arenanet to change a class so you can beat it.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Couldn’t disagree more. The thief is built around this mechanic. What you’re asking is for everyone who plays thief to go back to square one. It’s not going to happen, and it shouldn’t happen.

| Lithia |

thief initiative-REMOVE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Initiative is THE Thief mechanic, basically taking the place of the f skills and unique mechanics other classes have. Steal and Stealth are just parts of their arsenal.

So Initiative is comparable to attunement swapping, pets, clones, etc. more than Stealth and Steal are. Removing it would be bad, though I wouldn’t cry if they implemented a very short global cooldown to reduce spamming.