unlimited gathering tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jolan True.4230

Jolan True.4230

I am trying to find out why, all the gathering tools you get are account bound, But the molten alliance mining pick that you have to buy with real US money, is soulbound. I think this is a mistake. please let me know the reasoning behind this.When I have to pay real money for something it should be for the whole account.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Funny thing is that for this exact reason, is why I haven’t bought the mining pick. I love the pick, the animation on it is awesome, love the idea of having an endless pick…what I don’t like, is the fact that those of us who play multiple characters get “punished” for doing so. It’s not worth buying a pick for every character I have, but being soulbound, I won’t buy it either, sorry. I’m too much of an alt-a-holic to have it soulbound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Because they want more money. Quite obvious, isn’t it?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Funny thing is that for this exact reason, is why I haven’t bought the mining pick. I love the pick, the animation on it is awesome, love the idea of having an endless pick…what I don’t like, is the fact that those of us who play multiple characters get “punished” for doing so. It’s not worth buying a pick for every character I have, but being soulbound, I won’t buy it either, sorry. I’m too much of an alt-a-holic to have it soulbound.

You don’t need to buy more picks when everything you mine can go into collections.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

You don’t need to buy more picks when everything you mine can go into collections.

What does it going into collections have to do with multiple characters?

If you’re implying that I should only mine on one character, that just repeats exactly what I’m saying is the problem with the soulbound pick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I was initially disapointed about the soulbind but it clearly isn’t a mistake. I just have it on my character that will be doing most of the mining. I can get my daily gatherer with trees and herbs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

This is a bit disappointing. I know it’s my fault for not paying attention prior to buying it, but I didn’t realise it was soul bound on use either (unlike every other gathering tool in the game). I have 8 characters and was very excited to not have to keep a ton of picks around for each char (as with sickles and axes too). I could just switch this among them and never have to worry about moving to a new zone and having the wrong level pick on and accidentally destroying ore.

That’s why I bought this… One less thing to worry about. Even the advert says “never run out of mining picks again” I actually thought that truly meant never… Sucks, now I have to decide which character actually gets it

Great concept, account bound would’ve been brilliant though!

…first world problems, right?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

…first world problems, right?!

This is a good way to look at it :]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Honestly, anyone who would take the time to switch the pick between characters might as well just use that time to buy some picks at the vendor and not worry about the infinite pick. IMO this was meant for people who would prefer to equip it once on a character and never have to worry about buying new picks.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Honestly, anyone who would take the time to switch the pick between characters might as well just use that time to buy some picks at the vendor and not worry about the infinite pick. IMO this was meant for people who would prefer to equip it once on a character and never have to worry about buying new picks.

You however still have to worry about buying new picks with your other characters. So the problem stays and this makes the pick seem more than just useless.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

What does it going into collections have to do with multiple characters?

If you’re implying that I should only mine on one character, that just repeats exactly what I’m saying is the problem with the soulbound pick.

Because your collections and bank can be accessed by all of your characters. You can store 250 of any 1 mat in Collections.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

+1 for making the Molten Alliance Mining Pick account-bound.

It’s ridiculous. Since it’s only a convenience item (expensive at that), why should we be restricted to equip it on one char only? Once I mine all the ore I need for lvl 400 Armorsmith, for ex., there isn’t much use for it on that char. I’d like to be able to switch the pick to another char to level his Jewelcrafting or whatever, so I don’t have to do the mining with the char with soulbound pick every time, bank mats and then log onto a different char.

I also wonder what would happen if (one day) I get an Unlimited Harvesting Sickle and accidently soulbind it to a char different from the one with the mining pick? It will become frustrating to find which char has which harvesting tool.

It certainly is out of the question that I will purchase more than one MA Mining Pick.
It simply doesn’t make sense, either.

Please, sort this out.

Thank you in advance.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Won’t happen. Anet’s intentions with this is to make money. They’ve already made countless by players buying it. Whether they bought 1 for their main, or 4 for their top 4 toons. In fact, because people already bought it for multiple toons, they won’t make it accountbound as that will cause players to demand refunds as the product was changed after the purchase. I only got one for my main, as much as it would be nice to be able to move it around, it is a convenience tool and was never meant to replace your normal use of buying/using regular gathering tools.
This also means that the future Unlimited Harvesting Scicle and the Unlimited Axe will also be Soulbound unfortunately. So before more of these threads go up complaining about that, just accept it as fact. Realize the company is here to make money, not cater to your whims. This item is working out exactly as Anet has intended.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

But catering to whims is exactly what will make them money. If they continue refusing the community at every turn they will quickly find themselves with a dead product and at that point it will be far too late to start playing nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

While it staying account bound would have been nice I fail to see how it not being makes it any less useful.

Currently: 1 character gets a permanent pick which can be used to mine materials and put in shared storage (if they can refine the mined materials you can store even more).

If it was account bound: 1 character gets to use the permanent pick at any given time to mine materials that can be put in shared storage (unlikely they are all going to be able to refine em), you can change which character currently has it by taking time to put the item into shared storage and picking it up each time you change character.

I don’t really see much advantage unless you work on a system where you play 1 character for a long period of time before switching to another as swapping would have to come with a daily routine of stopping by the bank on log in and log out.

The only way it would really work much better is if it worked like the deluxe edition items where you get a copy mailed to all alts new and old.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I often wonder if people actually take any time, what so ever, to think about it before posting/complaining.

It isn’t and shouldn’t be account bound. It may be a hastle, but it would make it so that anyone who got it would never have to buy any picks ever again. That is an absurd expectation. That is a major gold sink gone for that account with no payoff for ANet. It isn’t hard at all to always log off next to a bank so you can deposite the pick then pick it up with the next character who also logged off next to a bank.

I put it on my main then transfered all my picks of various qualities to my other characters. That it more than sufficient for me. When they come out with a perminant axe and sickle I’ll do the same thing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m okay with the current system. I bought one for one of my toons and, even if I could move it around, I doubt I would — the entire idea of reducing tedium is lost if I have to remember which character last had it, return it to the bank, and take the time for the next toon to grab it before heading out.

That said, if it had been priced at 200 gems each, I would have bought eight. Even at 300 gems each, I would have easily bought far more than 800 gems worth.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

I am trying to find out why, all the gathering tools you get are account bound, But the molten alliance mining pick that you have to buy with real US money, is soulbound. I think this is a mistake. please let me know the reasoning behind this.When I have to pay real money for something it should be for the whole account.

The reason it is soulbound is highlighted above. If it was account bound you would only need to buy one…do the math.

Of course, I suspect this is also why they have nerfed any efficient form of farming, they don’t want people buying gems with in game gold…

(edited by Phaedryn.3698)