Bell Choir and the Razer Naga...

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I’m using the obvious choice for GW2, and that’s a Razor naga.

To play properly with a Razer Naga you have to reasign your 1-0 keys to the numpad and then asign the F1-F4 keys to 1-4. The problem is that whenever I wan’t a friend to try the game, I have to reset the layout of my keyboard. Now I have a second problem!

The problem with Music mini games like these (there is also one in Caledon Forest) is that they expect you to be using a specific button layout!

There are two simple ways to solve the problem:
1. Allow to save button layout profiles, and load them with a few clicks
2. Make all mini games that expect a specific Button layout to ask you if you temporary want to reset it for the duration of the mini games.

Bonus requested fix (While you’re at it!):
1. Make the numpad buttons visible bellow the skills instead of a (…).
2. Add true Razer Naga support.

…and don’t be toxic!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I have a Razer Naga and I do not reassign my keys to the numpad. I just reassign F1-F4 to easier keys to press around WASD while keeping 1-0 as the default controls.

I do like the idea of saving custom button layouts, I can’t really see a reason besides having someone else use my computer which is next to 0% of the time. If the idea is on arenanet’s to-do list, they have more important quality of life things to add/fix before this IMO.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

(edited by Ilithis Mithilander.3265)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Phex.8423

Phex.8423

I use a Naga for playing GW2 as well and I simply have my Naga 1-9 set to the keyboard’s 1-9 so I don’t need to change anything in GW2’s key settings and can play the bell choir and other similar activities using the keyboard. I use E for Elite and Q for weapon swap. F1-F4 I’ve bound to have a secondary keybind for Shift+1-4. (I just use 1-4 on the Naga.)

I don’t know if something like that really warrants its own fix. GW2 allows 2 keybinds for the same skill, so just bind your Naga keys to whatever and use the secondary keybind slot for whatever your Naga button is linked to. That way you can have your Naga configuration without actually altering the default GW2 keybinds at all.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Or that ^ . I kinda forgot you could bind two keys to one function (its been a while since I’ve opened the keybind options window).

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

To play properly with a Razer Naga you have to reasign your 1-0 keys to the numpad and then asign the F1-F4 keys to 1-4….

Sorry, but you do not have to do that. You chose to. The Naga is completely configurable. No keyboard re-mappings required. Check Razer’s on-line support if you’re not sure how to do this.

Good luck!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

The mouse should have come with some software that allows you to map the mouse buttons to standard keys and allow you to save different profiles. Otherwise that’s pretty horrible software support from Razer.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

It does let you save certain profiles.
I use my Naga. Love it, but did buy it primarily for WoW (When I was playing it, that is) – Can’t say i’ve had any problems yet with my keyboard not meshing properly with my mouse keybinds.

Though why GW2 needs to add a ‘fix’ for a certain type of mouse is a bit silly. Just fix it yourself :P

in Wintersday

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I don’t have a naga and use a trackpad and doing just fine with it :P

in Wintersday

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Lol.

To play properly with a Razer Naga you have to reasign your 1-0 keys to the numpad and then asign the F1-F4 keys to 1-4.

Why?

The problem with Music mini games like these (there is also one in Caledon Forest) is that they expect you to be using a specific button layout!

If your layout can’t hit keys as fast as the standard layout, doesn’t that just mean your layout isn’t as effective?

There are two simple ways to solve the problem:
1. Allow to save button layout profiles, and load them with a few clicks

Yeah, that would be your mouse software, not GuildWars. My 50$ mouse can do that.

2. Add true Razer Naga support.

Wat?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Wintersday

Kite.2510

It does let you save certain profiles.

Must have missed that…
I’ll look into it!

If your layout can’t hit keys as fast as the standard layout, doesn’t that just mean your layout isn’t as effective?

Inneffective layout is having to take half you fingers from the basic movement buttons to reach skills 7-0 and F1-F4. Doing that and still moving seamlessly around is imposible, unless you play a non-GW2 MMO that doesn’t allow/require movement when casting skills. This mouse improves my experience by a lot!

These particullar “Piano-simulation” mini games however asume that I have all my skill button in a straight line and I haven’t re-aranged them in some way as the game options allows me to. The only advantage there is in having them in 1-0 keys is being able to press 2 at the same time, and that is not required with the exception of this particular mini game.

…and don’t be toxic!

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

Inneffective layout is having to take half you fingers from the basic movement buttons to reach skills 7-0 and F1-F4. Doing that and still moving seamlessly around is imposible, unless you play a non-GW2 MMO that doesn’t allow/require movement when casting skills. This mouse improves my experience by a lot!

These particullar “Piano-simulation” mini games however asume that I have all my skill button in a straight line and I haven’t re-aranged them in some way as the game options allows me to. The only advantage there is in having them in 1-0 keys is being able to press 2 at the same time, and that is not required with the exception of this particular mini game.

Fair point, I’ll eat that one
Still, check your mouse software (May be on a cd, otherwise google it). I bet a fancy mouse like that is programmable. Most semi high end mice nowadays is programmable. Heck, my keyboard “0” is also assigned to trigger when clicking the mouse wheel.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tyrick.9867

Tyrick.9867

uh, every skill can be bound to two different keys. just make 1234/6789 the secondary choice for all the skills. this is a non-issue.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Look underneath you Naga, there is a switch there. Flip it. The side buttons will now be mapped to the regular numbers instead of the numpad.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raven Verakie.4128

Raven Verakie.4128

I use a Razer Naga all of you cry babies are crazy but i have a fix for you as follows :

right click on the cp window

close the cp , pull the stick out of your kitten and Just Get Over It !!!

Its Quaggen huggin, Charr slapping , crying lil babies like you that are ruining this game , A hot fix for Razer Support are you Serious ?

like Anet really has time to put developers on this non issue. how about you and all the other whiners get together and decide on what 1 topic you want to focus on. everytime i log onto the forums all i see is this sucks, thats not fair, we want something for nothing, why can’t the game cater to me, i’m a guild wars 1 player so Anet needs to listen to what i say . the problem is that you spend so much time complaining about what you don’t get that you have no concept on what you are missing out on or at least you never mention it, why not talk about the things Anet got right in the game.

sorry for the rant but it’s the shear number of players knocking things in the game if people can’t get over something that is “wrong” with it here is some advice.

1 stop playing (you won’t because you will realize the game is very sound)
2 goto college and get a game design degree
3 get together a team of ppl and start a game studio
4 this is the important one develop a funding strategy one that will raise you the 100 million you will need to build your title.
5 if your lucky and some how accomplish this spend the next 5-7 years building your game.
6 then put yourself in Anet’s Shoes you will see that no matter how awsome your game is you will be on the recieving end of the same crap that you are all complaing about because no ones ever happy.

Anet is doing a great job. the game is brand new , they don’t owe gw1 players anything, no ones forcing you to buy gems or spend your gold on things that don’t change your gameplay. simply put you have a choice

in Wintersday

Kite.2510

Fair point, I’ll eat that one
Still, check your mouse software (May be on a cd, otherwise google it). I bet a fancy mouse like that is programmable. Most semi high end mice nowadays is programmable. Heck, my keyboard “0” is also assigned to trigger when clicking the mouse wheel.

uh, every skill can be bound to two different keys. just make 1234/6789 the secondary choice for all the skills. this is a non-issue.

Look underneath you Naga, there is a switch there. Flip it. The side buttons will now be mapped to the regular numbers instead of the numpad.

My problem is that 1-4 keys are already occupied with the F1-F4 buttons. I’m aware of the swich below my Naga that changes it’s buttons from the 1-0 keys to the numpad keys, and I moved all the skills to the numpad instructing Naga to read them from there instead, because I wanted the 1-4 keys free to put the F1-F4 keys. And chainging all those just for one mini game tied to 2 achivement is a pain.
I’m asking for a quick way to change my layout to factory settings and back, so I can play these events that expect your key layout to be intact.

…and don’t be toxic!

in Wintersday

Treeline.3865

close the cp , pull the stick out of your kitten

Attachments:

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ripred.4605

Ripred.4605

I use the Naga as well and have had no problems with the bell game. When I first got the mouse and opened guild wars 2, I simply flipped the switch on the bottom to the “123” option rather than the “num” one. Bam, no re configuring required. all I do for the game is move my hands to my keyboard and use 1-4 and 6-9. Easy as that

Stop calling me a cat! I’m obviously an over sized combat kitten…

in Wintersday

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

You obviously have never bothered to look at Razer’s Synapse software. You can make as many configurations for games as your heart desires and change which one is active with just a couple clicks. They even moved saving those configurations into the cloud which means you can move your Naga from computer to computer without having to recreate your configurations.

Then again, like a few others above, I just let my Naga’s side panel be a numpad which means I don’t change anything for GW2. I then used GW2 keybinding option to make my middle mouse button F1, the Naga’s top index fingure button (the one at the top left of the mouse) be F2, and so on since GW2 recognizes 5 mouse buttons, and the non-numpad buttons on the mouse happen to be those 5 buttons.

Heck, if you really want to go crazy. Learn to use the open source program AutoHotkey. At that point, pretty much any input into your computer can be configured to mimic pretty much any other input (ie. your gamepad’s #3 button can be set to type the letter ‘a’). Just make sure you don’t break ANet’s guidance on one key = one function.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?