Do the 1-day visits provide unique rewards?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

So according to the event page, Tixx will visit each of the racial capitals once for 24 hours only. Are there any unique 1-time-only rewards from these visits?

I ask because I have to work on the 15th, and then have multiple social obligations(work party that night, out-of-town family visit the next morning) that will likely prevent me from participating in the Sylvari visit.

Obviously I don’t expect Anet to run their events around my personal schedule… I just want to know if I am going to miss out on any unique rewards… Or if what I miss out on is just the “previous toy events” that become available on the 20th.

Thanks!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Even if you miss one of the days, once Tixx gets to LA you’ll be able to replay any events for any city he visited.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Wintersday

Noviere.7309

Yeah, I read that bit too It really shows they took feedback on the 2 other events into consideration, which is awesome. Letting players experience new content on their own schedules is great!

When I initially read the schedule, the unique toys Tixx was giving to each race made me think minis, tonics, consumables or something similar… Now I’m beginning to think the toys are these events that we can replay in LA on the 20th.

My question is will I miss anything unique(item-wise) if I miss one of these visits.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

I almost overlooked the replayability bit in the announcement. Glad I looked over the threads before complaining about time-zone inclusivity. Good way to run it, I’d say.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

If they answer this question, other people will start complaining right away because “ArenaNet is giving too much details in advance and spoils all the fun”.

There are already people complaining about the generic info given, although to obtain that information they had to visit the appropriate event webpage and/or this forum by their own free will….

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Thread question answered here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Where-is-the-info/first#post970070

Just watch for dev posts in this section, as most questions on Wintersday have been answered already. Enjoy.

in Wintersday

Shikigami.4013

The question was not really answered there. The dev post in that thread states that if you miss a day in a city, you will be able to replay that cities event on a later day.

It may very well be the case that the playable city events are unrelated to any “participation reward”. For example a city event might be a game in which you have to build snowmen in an instanced zone, while the other team has to prevent you from it. The dev post states, that if you miss the specific day, you will still be able to play that event on a later date, when all of the events will be enabled to play for everybody from lions arch.

Whether there will be any item rewards for having been present in a city for the actual visit was not revaled. You only think you have the answer, because without having the required information you assume that if any item reward will be handed out, it will be in form of a reward for that cities “event” and thus conclude that if you can replay that “event” on a later day, you can also acquire the reward on a later day.
That however is pure speculation.

People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

The question was not really answered there. The dev post in that thread states that if you miss a day in a city, you will be able to replay that cities event on a later day.

It may very well be the case that the playable city events are unrelated to any “participation reward”. For example a city event might be a game in which you have to build snowmen in an instanced zone, while the other team has to prevent you from it. The dev post states, that if you miss the specific day, you will still be able to play that event on a later date, when all of the events will be enabled to play for everybody from lions arch.

Whether there will be any item rewards for having been present in a city for the actual visit was not revaled. You only think you have the answer, because without having the required information you assume that if any item reward will be handed out, it will be in form of a reward for that cities “event” and thus conclude that if you can replay that “event” on a later day, you can also acquire the reward on a later day.

Be a skeptic cynic all you’d like, but it was answered. Those day-events will repeat when Tixx lands in LA, just as the Halloween events were repeatable all the way until the last day. And, with them being repeatable, people were still able to get the book(s) with them. There’s no indication that “you’ll be able to repeat them ‘for fun’, but not be rewarded”, because it sounds ludicrous just saying it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Be a skeptic cynic all you’d like, but it was answered. Those day-events will repeat when Tixx lands in LA, just as the Halloween events were repeatable all the way until the last day. And, with them being repeatable, people were still able to get the book(s) with them. There’s no indication that “you’ll be able to repeat them ‘for fun’, but not be rewarded”, because it sounds ludicrous just saying it.

I don’t think he’s suggesting you would repeat the event but without the reward the second time. That would indeed be silly and bad.

I think he’s just suggesting that there might be something else given simply for attending each day’s city event besides just any rewards given for the actual events.

Maybe for doing the event in The Grove while Tixx’s airship is docked there you get a “toy” weapon for Costume Brawl or whatever. That would also be gettable by doing the event in LA once he docks there.

But maybe there’s another item given simply for showing up at each location during the day Tixx is there. Some kind of racial-themed town hat or something, who knows. But if its not directly tied to the repeatable event and is rather just something given for being in town when Tixx is there, it would be missable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I find it awesome that it kicks off on the 14th, and provides 12 days of fun till christmas. Just saying. visiting each major town, and then settling in LA and able to replay, another bonus. To date so far, what a great start through communication. Much better than Hallowe’en.

Tixx and Toxx,
dressed a snowman with carrots and rocks,
The sun shone down,
there was a puddle on the ground,
and a new legendary appeared from the box.

… one route to not being a cynic, is to not be a cynic. Have fun, enjoy, play nice… and don’t eat the yellow snow.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Wintersday

Shikigami.4013

Certainly it is perfectly possible that there will be no other rewards involved than those, that will probably be given for participating in the events that get enabled in a specific city once Tixx visits it. As we know, those events can also be done at a later date.

This does not rule out the possibility of a reward being given for being in the city at the very specific date that Tixx visits. An example of such a possibility: Tixx might be acting as a vendor NPC where you can buy items that are only available during his stay in the city. This is perfectly in line with the dev’s statement, that you will be able to participate in the game events even when you miss the specific day when they initially happen.

I did not say that this will happen – I just stated that the OPs question was not answered. There is indeed a possibility that he will miss out something if he is not in the city at the specific day, even if he will be able to participate in that cities event later on. Your first post was incorrect and your second post was rude in addition to being incorrect. Also, there was no cynicism involved in my own post.

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Any rewards tied to a specific day will be attainable when those days are available for replay at the end.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Any rewards tied to a specific day will be attainable when those days are available for replay at the end.

Anthony, I am sending the Huggatron 9000 to hug everybody at ANet. This is how rewards should work!

in Wintersday

Noviere.7309

Thanks for answering, Anthony I hope this is the blueprint for events you guys use going forward. It’s so much more inclusive!

(edited by Moderator)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Macnol.3752

Macnol.3752

I’ll have to tip my hat to the ANet team on this one. I had my fair share of criticism for the Karka event (and still do, on some other parts of it) but it looks like you took those lessons and the community feedback to heart.

This just nails it – in-game events should be long and inclusive, allowing everyone a fair chance to participate on their own schedule. I’m very optimistic for this Wintersday.

in Wintersday

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Hooray for learning from past mistakes! I’m also looking forward much more to this event thanks to the non-1-time-only nature of it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Anthony, I am sending the Huggatron 9000 to hug everybody at ANet. This is how rewards should work!

Same for me. Except i will use a Hug-inator

in Wintersday

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

It does seem like ArenaNet is really learning from past mistakes in the previous events. It’s good to see that they really do take feedback seriously and do want to take care of us and make our gaming experience great.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

From players in NZ – Thank you a million times over!!!!

It’s so difficult to try and re-arrange all of my day/work/study to fit in with the US times for things. So THANK YOU!

in Wintersday

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Even if you miss one of the days, once Tixx gets to LA you’ll be able to replay any events for any city he visited.

I love this. I’ll be enjoying my last day in the sun with by best friend and not even an event like this could drag me away from her.

Thanks for paying attention to the feedback ANet. I’ve been hard on you recently, but only because I know you can do better. Keep working on it, and keep raising the bar for yourselves.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”