In my view, people will join WvW to farm nodes

in Wintersday

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

The only update to WvW for this event will be new passive mobs and a new snow skin for the ground. DO NOT UP ORE NODES LIKE THE CANDY CORN! I know you haven’t released it yet, but please, don’t do this to the WvW community again.

in Wintersday

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Are you suggesting WvW players cannot focus on things other than nodes?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

WvW players can only focus on one thing.

A Commander Icon.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avatara.1042

He means zillions of people will join WvW just to farm nodes, like what happened for Halloween.

in Wintersday

Posted by: AWSUMSAUCE.4372

AWSUMSAUCE.4372

Please change this threads heading. I find it more disturbing than any uncensored kittens that could have been put up and I’m tired of seeing it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

The idea is to allow people who primarily WvW to get candy corn. Although, perhaps they could have put less nodes on the map and put trick or treat bags in the bags you get from looting a kill.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

The only update to WvW for this event will be new passive mobs and a new snow skin for the ground. DO NOT UP ORE NODES LIKE THE CANDY CORN! I know you haven’t released it yet, but please, don’t do this to the WvW community again.

Well you come of a little snooty. You act as if you are a separate part of GW2, well you aren’t so get over it. They update that area to give you all a chance to participate since you won’t come out of your little hole in the world. Besides I seriously doubt you can speak for all the other players.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Is it that terrible to go without WvW for this holiday event? For as far as we know there are only two major holiday events: Halloween and Wintersday. The other events will probably be smaller or just releasing new maps/content. It’s not like the WvW maps will be crowded during these kinds of events anyway. Because most people like to check out these special new things which aren’t there to stay, instead of doing what they normally do.

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

There’s no resource nodes being added to WvW for Wintersday.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

There’s no resource nodes being added to WvW for Wintersday.

You mean ‘There are no resource nodes……’ but I get your point

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Wintersday

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Sorry, next time I’ll spend more time policing up my grammar instead of answering more questions.

in Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

But are new resource nodes being added at all for Wintersday (anything like corn nodes for Halloween)? (to the rest of Tyria) There was no mention of anything like that in the event page (I don’t anything about new recipes, but can’t be sure), so I’m assuming no, but confirmation is nice.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Wintersday

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

No, there’s no resource nodes. Something else will take the place of ad-hoc, holiday content on the go. There are new crafting recipes, but the components for those will come from the rewards gained by playing any holiday content.

in Wintersday

skullmount.1758

No, there’s no resource nodes. Something else will take the place of ad-hoc, holiday content on the go. There are new crafting recipes, but the components for those will come from the rewards gained by playing any holiday content.

Thanks for the answers. Nicely phrased. Answer the question and give us more to speculate about.

Darkhaven server

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There are new crafting recipes, but the components for those will come from the rewards gained by playing any holiday content.

There goes the price of every speculation item in the marketplace. GG! Love it! Thanks, Anthony!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

There are new crafting recipes, but the components for those will come from the rewards gained by playing any holiday content.

This is definitely good news, but I’m a little unsure what you mean. Are you trying to say there will be:
A) Completely new resources added that will be used as mats for every holiday event from now on, or we will use the holiday resources added in Holloween (i.e. candy corn, chattering skull, etc.), or C) holiday events will from now on use the standard GW2 mats?

in Wintersday

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Does that mean we will have to be farming the holiday dynamic events throughout the patch in order to obtain the materials? For example, let’s look at the halloween event. You need 2500+ candy corns, 75 and 25 of the other two crafting materials depending on which you wanted to craft, plus other in-game items to craft a hallowen item. If I want to collect materials to craft (let’s say you make 3 wintersday craftable weapons like halloween), will I have to do dynamic events throughout the holiday to get these materials so I can craft them in the future? I know I still have candies pending to craft halloween weapons, taking up space in my bank.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Wintersday

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Azjenco, I’m saying that there will be new crafting components specific to Wintersday. To get them, you play Wintersday stuff. Activities, events, etc.

We took a very different approach to Wintersday crafting than Halloween. There’s a lot more recipes and we made some of our unique skins considerably more easy to get.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Cooooool (had to put some more characters xD)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Azjenco, I’m saying that there will be new crafting components specific to Wintersday. To get them, you play Wintersday stuff. Activities, events, etc.

We took a very different approach to Wintersday crafting than Halloween. There’s a lot more recipes and we made some of our unique skins considerably more easy to get.

So they won’t be the mini legendaries that the Halloween ones are?

in Wintersday

skullmount.1758

So they won’t be the mini legendaries that the Halloween ones are?

God I hope they are considerable easier. They should be at least only half the amount of stuff needed, IMO. One of my two main problems with the Halloween event (other was the chest only items).

Darkhaven server

in Wintersday

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

God I hope they are considerable easier. They should be at least only half the amount of stuff needed, IMO. One of my two main problems with the Halloween event (other was the chest only items).

You and me both. I still have 3k candy corns in my bank account because I’m saving them for my weapon. I would like to actually craft the weapon or get all materials through the event this time, if possible. If not, let’s just hope it’s much easier.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Wintersday

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

The Market!

Ahahahahahaaaahahahaaaa….

Your joking right?

People were speculating about chocolate bar’s and cinannnenenem crap and blah blah being used and this and that… all i can say is – thats how markets work, people start speculations of higher demand of certain items and what happens, prices go up. could of sworn chocolate bars were alot cheaper – even when stopped from karma vendors and became drops only…

I for one thank Anthony for that lovely juicy bit of information – he didn’t have to say anything! For those that tried to buy off the TP increasing prices for certain items/ingredients and speculation – that was a risk you knowing took. Now that its official that its totally different than expected – all i can say is – Tough! you took the risk – you lost – oh well!

lol@Crushnaut

in Wintersday

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Honestly man, I appreciate the answers, but when it comes to the market, just keep your mouth shut. This kinda of statement quickly gets spread through the blogosphere and has a REAL effect on the market.

Mr. Smith should pull you into his office and have a little chat imo.

There are many negative things I could have posted here, but most would have been chat filtered.

Don’t tell him what answers to answer. Don’t pretend like you know more than him about the game. And don’t take it out on him that you invested too much money in speculations that likely won’t turn out well. That was the risk you took. Just sell now and move on.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Aww sad face.

I was getting ready to go on a candy cane node mining extravaganza!

in Wintersday

Rajani Isa.6294

Honestly man, I appreciate the answers, but when it comes to the market, just keep your mouth shut. This kinda of statement quickly gets spread through the blogosphere and has a REAL effect on the market.

Hey man, I appreciate you trying to be an active part of the community, but when it comes to GAME DESIGNERS imparting info about the intents behind the DESIGN of the upcoming events in GAME, just keep your mouth shut.

in Wintersday

Rajani Isa.6294

There are many negative things I could have posted here, but most would have been chat filtered.

Don’t tell him what answers to answer. Don’t pretend like you know more than him about the game. And don’t take it out on him that you invested too much money in speculations that likely won’t turn out well. That was the risk you took. Just sell now and move on.

Thing is, nothing Anthony said here should have any great affect in the market. Just because they are introducing new mats doesn’t mean none of the currently existing mats will be used.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

So, from my understanding, speculation, and interpretation of what you’ve just said: none of the Wintersday craftable items will use current existing items, but instead will have specific Wintersday materials.

Based on this new information, I must immediately overreact:

1) SELL EVERYTHING! (No reason to try to ride prices on items now, they’re going to tank within this 24hr period prior to the patch where everyone will find this out for themselves).

2) As soon as Friday’s patch happens, grind my rear off on the new content to farm out the Winterdays materials and sell high immediately prior to a market bloat at the end (i.e. what Halloween had on candycorn).

3) Spread a rumor that there’s a double-secret recipe that includes X amount of Y to artificially increase demand for a limited time so that people would buy into it while I make a killing profit (j/k, I’m no Martha Stewart).

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Sorry, next time I’ll spend more time policing up my grammar instead of answering more questions.

You mean ‘polishing up’, your spelling is terrible too, you **** !!!

Just kidding, it’s greatly appreciated that you answer questions, very, very greatly. Grammar & spelling remarks are silly in this context.

Keep up the good work!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

So, from my understanding, speculation, and interpretation of what you’ve just said: none of the Wintersday craftable items will use current existing items, but instead will have specific Wintersday materials.

That is not speculation, that is plain wrong. No where in any of the statements was said that the recipies would ONLY use Wintersday items.

If you wanne make a point by exagerating (which is a very efficient way to make points) get the facts right. It’s more fun that way!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

No, there’s no resource nodes.

sigh you did that deliberately, didn’t you.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Cheers.

Irregardless; there’s still no new resource nodes >^_~

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Cheers.

Irregardless; there’s still no new resource nodes >^_~

lol. That’s just mean. xD

in Wintersday

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Oh man this is funnny…..there’s “no resource nodes”, but he neglected the following:

WvW features holiday-themed siege weapons, like ballistae that shoot candy canes. Presents will occasionally fall from the sky from Tixx’s marvelous airship. Try not to let them hit you on the head, but once they’ve landed, you can interact with them to get stuff. What sort of stuff? You’ll never know unless you open one up! There will also be snowmen scattered around the world, waiting to be assembled.

So, instead of WvW players going for candy-corn nodes, they’ll instead be chasing after falling presents and building snowmen. Hahahahaha…..

in Wintersday

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

WvW players can only focus on one thing.

A Commander Icon.

Not everyone zergs in WvW. Lots of small group action now.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Wintersday

Rajani Isa.6294

You mean ‘polishing up’, your spelling is terrible too, you **** !!!

Just kidding, it’s greatly appreciated that you answer questions, very, very greatly. Grammar & spelling remarks are silly in this context.

Keep up the good work!

Actually, I think he meant police-ing his grammar.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Yay love that, now we can have a cool skin and don’t farm like crazy.
Bless Wintersday! <3

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Wintersday

Or you can do both. It is not hard, and the kids from the US hardly need more examples of bad grammar.

in Wintersday

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Or you can do both. It is not hard, and the kids from the US hardly need more examples of bad grammar.

I would much rather have a dev answer questions than worry about whether or not their grammar is correct. It’s hardly his responsibility to be a shining beacon of grammatical correctness for all the US kids to base their grammar skills off of. Seriously.

in Wintersday

I would much rather have a dev answer questions than worry about whether or not their grammar is correct. It’s hardly his responsibility to be a shining beacon of grammatical correctness for all the US kids to base their grammar skills off of. Seriously.

Yeah, that extra 2 seconds is an absolute killer…

in Wintersday

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Whenever i go to WvW, there is no people around…so why can’t we gather nodes?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Connargeddon.6719

Connargeddon.6719

….So, instead of WvW players going for candy-corn nodes, they’ll instead be chasing after falling presents and building snowmen. Hahahahaha…..

Sounds like the Christmas truce during WW1. XD That’s kinda heartwarming to think about.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

what exactly is the problem with people joining WvW to farm nodes? it’s not like WvW is actually interesting and engaging. Just a never ending zerg train running in circles and dying lagged out blob fests.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Wintersday

TheAmpca.1753

Oh hey look people are farming presents, anyone care to explain?

in Wintersday

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

They’re not resource nodes. They’re finite and pretty random at that. Also there’s much better ways to get them. Is it really causing that much of a problem?

in Wintersday

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

They’re not resource nodes. They’re finite and pretty random at that. Also there’s much better ways to get them. Is it really causing that much of a problem?

It’s not. But when people have nothing real to whine about, they tend to pull stuff out of their…kittens? Nobody in their right mind would go to WvWvW to farm presents when lvl 1-15 maps have an abundance of those….

in Wintersday

TheAmpca.1753

It’s not a huge problem and I assume it is not a problem at all in the T4 and lower WvW servers but on places like IoJ when we are trying to attack somewhere and the queues are filling up a bit earlier due to people who haven’t come for WvW it is a tad bit annoying.

Honestly I’m not against having benefits in WvW I think it’s a great idea, but it should be in a way that encourages people to attack/defend key objectives.

(edited by TheAmpca.1753)

in Wintersday

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It’s not. But when people have nothing real to whine about, they tend to pull stuff out of their…kittens? Nobody in their right mind would go to WvWvW to farm presents when lvl 1-15 maps have an abundance of those….

Yet people are, and they are using up queue slots to do it. Think about it, you might goto a lower level zone and get yourself a few presents. If you do it in wvw though you can always leech off others hard work, and money spent, and gain that too.

As others have said, add them as rewards for keeping/taking objectives. Remove the pve crap.

Oh, and yes it is a resource node. You guys just kind of lied about not adding it to wvw.

in Wintersday

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It’s not that they are farming them, it’s that they are doing two things at once.

These people enjoy WvW more than participating in your average PvE content, I would gather, but now that they can ‘also’ participate in the holiday event a little at the same time they are doing what they love to do, well there you go.

And at the end of the day, if it’s 1-2 people in a group of 12, the law of ‘something’, I would think, would dictate you have just as much chance of that happening in the squad of people you are fighting, right?

in Wintersday

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

It isn’t a resource node as you have to fight to get the presents. It’s more like a interactive mob producing box. Why in the world would anyone want to farm them in WvW? There you have to worry about being attacked by other players AND mobs.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!