Reduced rewards from today's event.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I’m talking about diminishing returns from “too many dungeons” (load of nonsense, a way to penalise the good players? LOL)

Well anyway, did a few dungeons (AC / COF) before I did today’s event in Divinity’s Reach.

Lo and behold, 75 cogs. I can now only get one minipet if I do all 5 days.

Diminishing returns applying to event rewards, did this not cross your mind?

I’d like a way to get the 25 I should have gotten, thanks.

This bug has been fixed according to an Arenanet developer post further down the page. Thank you for their swift action.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Honey.9715

Honey.9715

I got all of my cogs but that’s all. I didn’t get any greens to merchant out of the chest.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I always get 1 wodden skin you can buy from the merchant that sells them for ugly socks and stuff. Have 2 now. 1 of these skins + 2 other items I think green armor stuff my level.

And of course the usual 100 cogs and 250 of one of these other items the first time for killing the boss.

They should fix it for others. Does not seem intended if you do other dungeons that it affecst the special event dungeon.

And of course give the remaining cogs. Maybe write support ticket.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

^ was clearly TLDR

I understand why I got reduced rewards, and you can only get 2 minipets if you play all 5 days, its simply a rant that because I did dungeons prior to the event, I am now sufferent and can only get 1 if I play all days.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Cobra.5710

Cobra.5710

I didn’t do any other dungeons just the one in divinity and the one in grove a few hours before. and i still only got 75 cogs when i did the one in divinity

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bad Wolf.1879

Bad Wolf.1879

You can do all 5 events everyday (till the event is over) after Tixx gets to lions arch. So technically you can make all the minis.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Avengersoul.8256

Avengersoul.8256

You can do all 5 events everyday (till the event is over) after Tixx gets to lions arch. So technically you can make all the minis.

Already been said by a dev you only get enough materials to make 2 minis. So technically you can’t. And if people are having diminishing return problems at all it will knock them down to one. Just another reason why DR doesn’t belong in this game.

Yak’s Bend

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Already been said by a dev you only get enough materials to make 2 minis. So technically you can’t. And if people are having diminishing return problems at all it will knock them down to one. Just another reason why DR doesn’t belong in this game.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks so.

I’m not a big fan of minipets, but I wanted to take the opportunity to be able to get 2 pets for pretty much “free” (excluding, perhaps, the very cheap glue/stuffing) instead of having to pay 8g for them from the Gem store (which, by the way, I will not be doing).

It’s just a shame that every other player (excluding the ones suffering similarly to me) get 2 “free” minipets, and due to lack of thought by the devs I am only able to get 1.

I’m just really hoping there will be another way to get cogs once the airship has been everywhere.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

I didn’t do any other dungeons just the one in divinity and the one in grove a few hours before. and i still only got 75 cogs when i did the one in divinity

Can any dev explain this?

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Dont get your pants in a twist! Its clear this isnt as intended so just report it via a ticket and more than likely youll get the missing 25 cogs sent to you.

Jeez, so many people moaning about a fun event!

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Fun is objective. I haven’t found today’s fun. I didn’t know it wasn’t fun until I did it.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Tixx-Minipets/first

in Wintersday

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

Fun is objective. I haven’t found today’s fun. I didn’t know it wasn’t fun until I did it.

so it was fun up until the point you didn’t get your mega lootz.??
Realy as others have said it’s not all that much of a big deal, the mini pets are not essential to playing the game.. they are just fluff realy.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Your fault. Its almost impossible to get into the dungeon DR without exploiting bugs or skipping lots of content.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Thank you for warning others that the rewards for Tixx are affected by DR. I wouldn’t have guessed that they were. Hopefully, you’ll get reimbursed.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Your fault. Its almost impossible to get into the dungeon DR without exploiting bugs or skipping lots of content.

So I’m at fault for not having any indepth background coding knowledge, resulting in myself not knowing that event dungeons suffer from the DR returns?

Sorry, but people at AN are paid to do this for the consumer.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Thank you for warning others that the rewards for Tixx are affected by DR. I wouldn’t have guessed that they were. Hopefully, you’ll get reimbursed.

I’m waiting on a ticket as somebody who posted previously in the thread suggested. Until then I certainly suggest you don’t do any dungeons for hours prior to these events.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Farming mad king instance resulted in DR, so this was expected.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Farming mad king instance resulted in DR, so this was expected.

Not by those who didn’t farm Mad Kings instance.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I was disappointed in the chest today. I only got wooly hats and a gift. I thought if you hadn’t done the instance before you would get something from the chest. I asked others in my party and they all got something from the chest today, so I don’t know why I didn’t get anything. The rewards for doing the new instance were as they should be for me, just not the chest.

Oh and, I only got 1 drop from a mob today. I got lots yesterday…

Gamer Gal

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

I was disappointed in the chest today. I only got wooly hats and a gift. I thought if you hadn’t done the instance before you would get something from the chest. I asked others in my party and they all got something from the chest today, so I don’t know why I didn’t get anything. The rewards for doing the new instance were as they should be for me, just not the chest.

Chest is all RNG. Both days I have only gotten junk, other friends have gotten exotics.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

Chest is all RNG. Both days I have only gotten junk, other friends have gotten exotics.

No, I’m not complaining about it being exotic or junk. The fact is I didn’t get even the junk I got yesterday. I got the same chest drops I would for repeating the Tixx instance, not doing a new instance.

Gamer Gal

in Wintersday

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Hey folks,

we are investigating the issue, hang tight!

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Hey folks,

we are investigating the issue, hang tight!

Great news, thanks.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

No, I’m not complaining about it being exotic or junk. The fact is I didn’t get even the junk I got yesterday. I got the same chest drops I would for repeating the Tixx instance, not doing a new instance.

Seems the chest is bugged or something (or RNG is just laughing at me). My gf and I just duoed today’s Tixx instance, first dungeon of any kind we’ve done today, and both of us got full reward from the event completion but only socks and a giant wintersday gift from the chest. In 3 runs of yesterday’s (yesterday) I got 3 exotics and several greens, and she at least got 2-3 greens each time. Today it was like the code line for loot was broken and not even rolling for gear, just giving the base drops.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Seems the chest is bugged or something (or RNG is just laughing at me). My gf and I just duoed today’s Tixx instance, first dungeon of any kind we’ve done today, and both of us got full reward from the event completion but only socks and a giant wintersday gift from the chest. In 3 runs of yesterday’s (yesterday) I got 3 exotics and several greens, and she at least got 2-3 greens each time. Today it was like the code line for loot was broken and not even rolling for gear, just giving the base drops.

Or it’s possible they deemed the rate of exotics far too high. I did 4 runs yesterday, I may have gotten 0 exotics but the group I did it with accumulated a total of 11.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Bad Wolf.1879

Bad Wolf.1879

Sorry, I was just assuming, I actually spend most of my time playing the game instead of complaining about it in the forums.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tsubaki.2508

Tsubaki.2508

Well, I’m glad OP got a response. Flissy is mostly angry about the cog problem, not the reduced dungeon rewards.

I don’t see how anyone could say players should’ve expected such a problem. We were all under the impression that the winter dungeon is different.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Well, I’m glad OP got a response. Flissy is mostly angry about the cog problem, not the reduced dungeon rewards.

I don’t see how anyone could say players should’ve expected such a problem. We were all under the impression that the winter dungeon is different.

Not to mention I didn’t know I was under DR, the previous dungeon I did I never got reduced rewards. It’s not like I got reduced rewards for my last dungeon, but decided to do holiday event one anyway.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Kaval Patel.6108

Kaval Patel.6108

From the 2nd dungeon at divinity’s reach I only received 75 cogs as the known issue and also I got 188 stuffing rather than 250

in Wintersday

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Per the recent update notes:

“Fixed a bug with diminishing returns affecting the daily rewards from the Wintersday dungeons. We will be following up in the next few days with our plans for the players impacted by this problem.”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

He said you can only make 2 if you play all 5 days. He never said anything about redoing the dungeons once it gets to la.

in Wintersday

Posted by: sammael.7136

sammael.7136

I have been running dungeons most of the last 2 days, and gotten 100 cogs off the winter dungeon in both grove and divinity’s reach. If you exploit dungeons and skip mobs so much that you hit dungeon DR you fully deserve it.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Tundra.5269

Tundra.5269

I’m talking about diminishing returns from “too many dungeons” (load of nonsense, a way to penalise the good players? LOL)

Well anyway, did a few dungeons (AC / COF) before I did today’s event in Divinity’s Reach.

Lo and behold, 75 cogs. I can now only get one minipet if I do all 5 days.

Great job applying these diminishing returns to event rewards AN, did this not cross your mind, or is it another method of being money grabbing devs?

I’d like a way to get the 25 I should have gotten, thanks.

I like the way you whine then demand your 25 cogs, like your life depends on it. Nevermind asking politely or thanking Arenanet for this great free content. You must be a real blast at parties.

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

Per the recent update notes:

“Fixed a bug with diminishing returns affecting the daily rewards from the Wintersday dungeons. We will be following up in the next few days with our plans for the players impacted by this problem.”

Thank you!

It’s also very encouraging you are not settling with fixing the bug, but as well as discussing any possible reimbursements, I’m so pleased to hear this.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Flissy.4093

I like the way you whine then demand your 25 cogs, like your life depends on it. Nevermind asking politely or thanking Arenanet for this great free content. You must be a real blast at parties.

I didn’t “demand” any reimbursement, I simply stated if it’s possible if I could receive them. I’m sure you’d ask if you were in my situation too.

Light Up the Darkness

in Wintersday

Posted by: Raven Verakie.4128

Raven Verakie.4128

no one should be kitten about this anymore they said they would fix it i also experianced it as well as some of my guildies but im certinly ok with waiting for them to fix it ( as long as it is done before the end of the event .

in Wintersday

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

….Nevermind asking politely or thanking Arenanet for this great free content. You must be a real blast at parties.

Yeah, we didn’t pay the game already, we must be happy to be able to buy3 of the 5 dungeon minipet for only 350 gems on the gem store. He must be happy to pay for another one thanks to a bug.

Please Anet, let me pay more, I love to pay. Damn people that complains about lottery minipet and overpriced minipet!!!

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Just another reason why DR doesn’t belong in this game.

DR and MF both suck.

in Wintersday

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

He said you can only make 2 if you play all 5 days. He never said anything about redoing the dungeons once it gets to la.

True, but that also doesn’t confirm that after Tixx gets to LA, that we will still get at least the cogs. I hope thats true, but I have this feeling its not gonna be.

OT, So glad its not just me thats only getting a present and a couple sweater from the “dungeon” chest. I kinda figured it was some kinda DR, but I had about 10 hours and 5 hours in-between a couple of my runs yesterday, and was still getting the same things (except when I did a run on one of my other characters (non 80), which did the Grove one once I believe, I got some items from the chest.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Wintersday

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

We have no idea what the Toypocalypse rewards will be keep in mind.

#TeamJadeQuarry

(edited by VOLKON.1290)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

When I did Tixx in the BC this am, there was TONS of overlap with yesterday’s events, and I didn’t get full reward from the chest. so this may not be completely fixed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

Guildies of mine are getting exotics out of the chest while i get a gift and some socks.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

in Wintersday

Posted by: malevolence.9487

malevolence.9487

Guildies of mine are getting exotics out of the chest while i get a gift and some socks.

Yes, me too, I only got an exotic the very first time I did the dungeon, then nothing, all I get since the first day is 1 Giant Gift and 3 Ugly Wool Sweaters.

My account got hit by a DR for 3 days now ! I opened a ticket by the way (Incident: 121217-002416)

in Wintersday

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Let me know what support does, if anything. I have had DR on my account for the last month and I can’t shake it off.

in Wintersday

Posted by: cal.6189

cal.6189

Kind of glad I’m not the only one who received 75 Mystic Cogs after the first time in the princess version of Tixx’s Infinarium. Sent a bug report a couple of hours ago after being suggested to do that and have been looking through the forums. Glad to know that ArenaNet knows about this and is working to fix it, just hope that I didn’t wait too long to report it. Hope we all get the 25 Mystic Cogs that we missed out on.