The big airship

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Rodaquiste.7631

Rodaquiste.7631

So the big golem will travel between the towns, i have a small question that i might alredy know the answer too but it would be kinda cool: can you see the golem travel between the citys if you stand in a zone between those city’s, or will it be instant porting?

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

I was wondering this too. i dont think it will but it would be really cool if it would and it would be even cooler if we could join the travel while sitting in a big hall looking out of the windows. but thats just my dreams i know this wont happen xD

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Abigor.4952

Abigor.4952

Don’t think so. making golem fly would require to add a lot of visual effects and work though it would be awesome. Adding ability to board it when he flies would require to actually add him on the map as a real object, which would require even more work. But nothing is impossible=) maybe next year we will be able to do something similar if nobody blows it up.

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I doubt they’ll add Tixx’s airship to actual outside zones.

However, one of the devs did state that you’ll be able to see Tixx arrive in each city if you’re there at the time he comes. Not a cinematic, but you’ll see him get there. Which I assume means you’ll see him approaching and then dock at whatever location he’ll stop at.

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

No, Tixx’s airship flies very high. And fast. It is worth noting, however, that we could feasibly make this happen. I’m just not sure we get much gameplay out of it since the airship is too big to fly low enough to be interacted with.

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

No, Tixx’s airship flies very high. And fast. It is worth noting, however, that we could feasibly make this happen. I’m just not sure we get much gameplay out of it since the airship is too big to fly low enough to be interacted with.

I’m sure it’s too late now, but can you imagine how cool it would be to be fighting in a zone and then all of a sudden you see a huge shadow on the ground and hear Wintersday Music playing and then you look up and see the air ship? Talk about your one time event moments!

I still jump a bit when the big dragon shadows fly across where ever I am in the game. When I first saw it I’d start looking up in the air trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Very cool effect.

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Couldn’t we mount cannons on it to take shots at random bookahs?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

I’m sure it’s too late now, but can you imagine how cool it would be to be fighting in a zone and then all of a sudden you see a huge shadow on the ground and hear Wintersday Music playing and then you look up and see the air ship? Talk about your one time event moments!

I still jump a bit when the big dragon shadows fly across where ever I am in the game. When I first saw it I’d start looking up in the air trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Very cool effect.

indeed this is the type of thing the one time events need to be, no one really miss’s out on game play or item’s this way but the people who do see it are just like "Cooooooo(l) "

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I completely agree. It would be cool to see, even if there is nothing to interact with. Maybe next year? With parachute toy drops?

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Jay Sees.2148

Jay Sees.2148

They could make it warp between the cities. When it arrives it could create a weather changing effect and make the sky open with lots of projectiles raining chaos among the city, then we could defend the city with massive AA cannons…
… and my imagination ran wild

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This would be epic, watching a huge airship cruise across the sky. Isn’t there a 12hr downtime between cities? I can run across all of Tyria in less than 12 hours so i don’t think Tixx’s airship flies all that fast. A big golem shaped shadow trudging across the land would be neat, especially if festive music followed. We could have roving Wintersday parties beneath it. Like a pub crawl, but a city crawl. BYONA (bring your own norn ale).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

The big airship

in Wintersday

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

No, there’s basically no down time at all.