Unable to do Jumping Puzzle

in Wintersday

Posted by: Slenderman.8506

Slenderman.8506

So far it has been impossible for me to do the jumping puzzle due to the fact that the damn game takes forever to load. By the time i’m loaded into the map i’m already dead. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks

in Wintersday

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lower graphic settings

in Wintersday

Posted by: Slenderman.8506

Slenderman.8506

Im using the lowest possible settings

in Wintersday

Posted by: lordkabal.4857

lordkabal.4857

the only real solution would be for them to increase the time it takes for the snowflakes to start melting, the Mad King’s Clocktower was manageable due to it having a decent delay in the amount of time it took for the cloud to climb up. Here the snowflakes melt before I finish loading, increasing the time it takes for the snowflakes to melt by 5 seconds would enable people on lower spec machines (who are already on lowest settings) to have a shot on this one.

Killer Instinct [KI]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in Wintersday

Posted by: Herosandwich.6203

Herosandwich.6203

agree. put in a buffer. this is absolutely unacceptable. I finished the MKCT <one of the few> BECAUSE THERE WAS A BUFFER. everyone loaded in, everyone had time to wait for it to start, but here, no buffer, no nothing. I load in and the first flake is broken. please fix this for the love of god.

in Wintersday

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

Finished MKCT, but unable to do this (and I have a fairly decent computer as well), due to the load screen time.

in Wintersday

Posted by: lordkabal.4857

lordkabal.4857

At least MKCT everyone had a fair shot due to the buffer, this one there’s no chance for some people to even load in before the first jumps are gone

Killer Instinct [KI]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in Wintersday

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

The solution is for the puzzle not to be timed. Please, Anet. I want a challenging puzzle that isn’t timed.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

There’s no reason to have a loading screen at all. The game should load the puzzle while people are in the snowball fight “lobby”. Whoever coded / tested this probably had too much eggnog.

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Account.9832

The solution is for the puzzle not to be timed. Please, Anet. I want a challenging puzzle that isn’t timed.

So, have you completed every other jumping puzzle in the game? You didn’t find Dark Reverie (for example) to be “challenging” ?

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

So, have you completed every other jumping puzzle in the game? You didn’t find Dark Reverie (for example) to be “challenging” ?

I’m not saying that there aren’t challenging jumping puzzles. I’m saying “Why not make a more difficult jumping puzzle WITHOUT a timer?”

in Wintersday

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Time should not be the decisive factor to complete the puzzle.
You can time us but don’t fail the puzzle.
Instead give us different grade of reward/achievement according to time taken.
Maybe a ranking chart for good players to compete their time record would be best to please them, since that’s what keep them repeating.

Currently timed content would probably only please less than 10% of the player base. Go and watch those low level FotM players in the Giant fractal and see how long it takes them to finish the JP and how many times they would fall. High level FotM players would always say it is piece of cake, but are they designed only for like 5% of the player base?

in Wintersday

Account.9832

I’m not saying that there aren’t challenging jumping puzzles. I’m saying “Why not make a more difficult jumping puzzle WITHOUT a timer?”

Why not make some WITHOUT a timer and some WITH a timer? Because the game shouldn’t be allowed to have any content that other people enjoy but you don’t?

- Al Zheimer

in Wintersday

Posted by: Vanish.3594

Vanish.3594

It’s not even that difficult after a bit of practice. Having it be timed is part of the challenge. Unless you’re going painfully slow, time is rarely a factor when it comes to completing the jump quest.

(edited by Vanish.3594)

in Wintersday

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

There’s no reason to have a loading screen at all. The game should load the puzzle while people are in the snowball fight “lobby”. Whoever coded / tested this probably had too much eggnog.

I wanna have too much eggnog! O ^ O

More to the point though, I didn’t know this was an issue! Hopefully they’ll get it fixed, not too fair to the people with the older rigs.

Hoopa doopa.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Shadewolfe.8165

Shadewolfe.8165

My girlfriend can’t even start this puzzle because the snowflakes start melting too fast. Usually she loads in to the puzzle and the first few snowflakes are gone.

Her computer is more than up to the task of playing this game. This is unacceptable.

in Wintersday

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Because that in itself takes away half of the challenge…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Im using the lowest possible settings

Switch to windowed mode.

Use whatever control panel app your GPU utilizes to force any “fullscreen” settings, such as Vsync.

in Wintersday

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

My girlfriend can’t even start this puzzle because the snowflakes start melting too fast. Usually she loads in to the puzzle and the first few snowflakes are gone.

Her computer is more than up to the task of playing this game. This is unacceptable.

My kids and I have all completed it multiple times without any loading delays at all. We load in, wait a short bit for the first flake to appear, and have at it. So the problem isn’t with Anet’s end it seems. If her computer is more than up to the task, how’s your internet? What speed are you running at, what location, etc? The problem appears to be outside the ANet offices at least.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Wintersday

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

I think you makeing this up. But than my PC is more than up to the task and I loud in first

in Wintersday

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

Wow, that’s terrible. I’m sorry the loading takes so long for you, that has to be a very frustrating experience.

That said, I really, really don’t want a buffer. There’s already way too much waiting involved in these jumping puzzles, it’s easily the most frustrating aspect for me.

As a solution, I think we should get the option to do it solo. That way, it doesn’t matter how long your computer takes to load something and some other problems (people getting in the way, general waiting times) would also be solved.