the use of Mystical Cogs

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Amaris.9135

Amaris.9135

Hello

Will there be another use for the Mystical Cogs besides making the miniatures? I still have 250 cogs left and no means to make another pet because I used up my frames. I’m also not planning to make another miniature, since making the first one was already a mistake. Don’t see the use in having minipets, if they just gather dust in your collection or inventory, since there’s no easy way to manage the minipets as of yet.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Use them to make Tonics.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Firstly unless things change, which I doubt, the only thing you can do with them is make minis.

Secondly Minis don’t have to take up any space in the Inventory or normal Bank slots. Below your slots in the bank is a special section for minis, just right click on the mini and deposit it in the same way as crafting materials.

I suggest that you make another mini and store it. Although they are currently account bound things like that do tend to be changed on some things so then you can sell them in the TP. If they do unbind them there will be loads on the TP at first so, because they use no storage space, hang on to it til the price goes up.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Caittus.7436

Caittus.7436

Reading comprehension check: Original poster said he/she already used up all of his/her frames, so can’t make another mini.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Reading comprehension check: Original poster said he/she already used up all of his/her frames, so can’t make another mini.

Oops thanks for pointing that out.

It would be nice to know what the OP used them all for, 250 cogs left means only one Mini made if all 5 instances/dungeons have been completed.

Amaris, what did you do with all of the Frames?

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I guess you can save them for next year.

Maybe by that time they will finally put the miniature selection tool in the hero panel that lets you pick miniatures from the collection slots without moving them around and risking deleting them by accident, much like rangers pick pets, that should have been there since the beginning.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

It would be nice to know what the OP used them all for, 250 cogs left means only one Mini made if all 5 instances/dungeons have been completed.

Again. The OP said the frames were used to make the tonics. If you make an endless tonic, it consumes the frame.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Again. The OP said the frames were used to make the tonics. If you make an endless tonic, it consumes the frame.

where exactly did OP say he used them for tonics?…

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

There are only two uses for frames.

He wouldn’t have leftover cogs if hadn’t been using his frames to craft tonics.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well not all ppl might now that, i didnt know you could in fact craft anything but mini’s with them nor seem it that thord did, but even so the op never directly said it either it was the case or not

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

He/She wouldn’t have leftover cogs if he had been making minis you mean. If the OP is out of frames, he/she had to be crafting tonics, which goes against what the OP is saying about running out of cogs and not knowing about another use for the cogs besides minis. Either troll post or typos on the OP’s part.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

He/She wouldn’t have leftover cogs if he had been making minis you mean. If the OP is out of frames, he/she had to be crafting tonics, which goes against what the OP is saying about running out of cogs and not knowing about another use for the cogs besides minis. Either troll post or typos on the OP’s part.

OP never said they didn’t know about tonics. It is implied that OP used up the frames by making tonics, because that is the only other use for frames. OP is asking if there is another use for COGS, which is a different animal. Only use for cogs is minipets, to my knowledge.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Lol, what are we arguing about?

OP made a mini pet and doesn’t like it. It can be assumed that he/she then made 4 tonics with the remaining frames since he/she is out of frames. What’s so confusing?

If you have cogs but no frames, chances are there is nothing left to do with the cogs. However A ) They could add something to use the cogs for or B ) There may be an undiscovered MF recipe.

I haven’t tried to put the cogs in the MF so that could easily answer B if it won’t allow it.

RIP in peace Robert

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: fadeshiro.8513

fadeshiro.8513

You’re in luck! You can buy the frames for [250 Ugly X] from the holiday vendors.

now to figure out what to do with these last 200 mystical cogs we all got…

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

Yeah I can’t find for the life of me what to do with these 200 Cogs… Got excited thinking we were going to be able to craft the other 3 mini-pets, then realised it was just 200…

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Can someone show me the dev post that says we will only get enough cogs for two minis? I haven’t seen it for myself.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

the use of Mystical Cogs

in Wintersday

Posted by: JDub.1530

JDub.1530

You’re in luck! You can buy the frames for [250 Ugly X] from the holiday vendors.

now to figure out what to do with these last 200 mystical cogs we all got…

Exactly. I’ve made two minis. Now I have 200 cogs with no apparent use (yet?). I’m already a pack rat as it is…..do I really need to make room for more junk that may sit there for a year? lol

You can buy more frames?!?!??! I must have missed that. I may have to make some tonics…………. >:D