1/11/13 CD, IoJ, FA (Round 4)

in WvW

Posted by: Rynarx.6124

Rynarx.6124

From an oceanic point of view, which server is best to join?
Do both IoJ and CD have reasonably presence at this time (around 1am to 5am PST)?

Both IoJ and CD have reasonable presence around oceanic timezone, I think the difference is IoJ is more a purely oceanic playerbase due to their unofficial oceanic server tag whereas CD is more of an oceanic + asian playerbase. As such, I think IoJ do tend to have more concentrated population band during oceanic peak hours whereas CD tend to have wider spread of population throughout the oceanic + asian peak hour timezones.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Oh, scratch what I said. It seems you get to stay with us and complain about “sheer numbers” for another week before you get to realize the winning server is always slated as skill-less and zergy. Cause no other server zergs, right?

Just because you zerg doesn’t mean you don’t have skill. [Hel] Zergs like woah, for example. They also work together better than the gears in a bulova clock, which for their numbers is insanely impressive.

Of course Zerg is kind of a weird term; it’s used as a verb but it’s not like you decide to have four full maps anymore than you decide eating food and sleeping every day is a good idea.

It’d be nice to win against CD and get that bandwagon rolling in our direction, but until free server transfers are over it’s probably for the best that we don’t pick up fair-weather Friday transfers.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Warm Ember.2798

Warm Ember.2798

Score update for those interested:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

With the way things are looking, maybe it’s time FA and IoJ teamed up to keep both servers in T3? Better the enemy you know than the enemy you dont right?

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

in WvW

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

With the way things are looking, maybe it’s time FA and IoJ teamed up to keep both servers in T3? Better the enemy you know than the enemy you dont right?

FA always does this and then betray the people they “teamed up” with and fight for second place.

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

in WvW

Posted by: JoshuaLim.5197

JoshuaLim.5197

FA always does this and then betray the people they “teamed up” with and fight for second place.

I can’t speak for the whole server but I personally like having IoJ as an opponent. It’d just be a shame to lose you guys

Joshua Omgculling (Thief)
Fort Aspenwood | Deep Penetrations [DPS]

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I can’t speak for the whole server but I personally like having IoJ as an opponent. It’d just be a shame to lose you guys

Unfortunately it looks like Isle of Janthir is intentionally losing rating points in order to have an easier matchup in tier 4.

Have fun vs. Yak’s Bend and Maguuma IOJ I’m sure they’ll give you a very warm welcome.

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Unfortunately it looks like Isle of Janthir is intentionally losing rating points in order to have an easier matchup in tier 4.

Have fun vs. Yak’s Bend and Maguuma IOJ I’m sure they’ll give you a very warm welcome.

And where are you getting your source, or are you just guessing?
I can vouch for the Oceanic timezone that we are in no way intentionally losing rating points and never will, sorry but too proud to do that., please stick to facts and if you have them then please do post them.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Not necessarily IoJ who will go down, its a fight to the death between both of you. One has got to go, FA is a little bit ahead on the next week rating, since they are winning by 10k now. We still have 3 more days to go, so don’t start losing hope, Dragonbrand might not make it. It’s very close, anything could happen.
See: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

From an oceanic point of view, which server is best to join?
Do both IoJ and CD have reasonably presence at this time (around 1am to 5am PST)?

IoJ is one of the unofficial Oceanic servers and should have a good Oceanic prescence. However Oceanic hours is my main play time and FA has been doing about the same as IoJ in these hours over the last two weeks.

I don’t know how much difference Oceanic is making at present. In previous weeks we had solid numbers and sometimes outnumbered during Oceanic timezone, but right now I am getting out manned buff every borderland I go to and I am from the Oceanic region and play during their prime time. We are still getting hit by 3x the number of CD players as we have in total and FA have slightly more numbers than us during my timezone from my experience.

IoJ has had top potential points in its Oceanic presence all week, yesterday we were only able to keep the slightest of margins kitten good work FA) but the previous days from when our prime time started we regained 3-4k points on FA.

FA has less numbers than IoJ in the Oceanic timezone, but instead of splitting thier forces across 4 BL’s they concentrate thier forces (love FA’s overacrching tactic) which then gives the presence of a larger force, where infact its purely concentrated.
CD numbers in Oceanic are slightly more than IoJ’s at this time, but only marginally, the difference being that CD seem to clump up larger groups and do hit roams as opposed to splitting up across all 4 BL’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

With the way things are looking, maybe it’s time FA and IoJ teamed up to keep both servers in T3?

FA focuses IoJ non stop from reset, largely ignoring CD
IoJ is forced to defend against FA and doesn’t have the manpower to pressure CD
CD romps off to a huge points lead

If you want to improve your glicko rating, you need to limit the highest ranked servers points.

This is why you always play for first.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

Don’t think FA was focusing IOJ, honestly. FA was fighting CD everywhere!
Anyway, no offense to both servers but I hope one of you goes down, just for the sake of having a new enemy. After 4 rounds fighting the same people, it does get pretty boring.

in WvW

Henrik.7560

Don’t think FA was focusing IOJ, honestly. FA was fighting CD everywhere!
Anyway, no offense to both servers but I hope one of you goes down, just for the sake of having a new enemy. After 4 rounds fighting the same people, it does get pretty boring.

Indeed.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Oh, scratch what I said. It seems you get to stay with us and complain about “sheer numbers” for another week before you get to realize the winning server is always slated as skill-less and zergy. Cause no other server zergs, right?

Just because you zerg doesn’t mean you don’t have skill. [Hel] Zergs like woah, for example. They also work together better than the gears in a bulova clock, which for their numbers is insanely impressive.

Of course Zerg is kind of a weird term; it’s used as a verb but it’s not like you decide to have four full maps anymore than you decide eating food and sleeping every day is a good idea.

It’d be nice to win against CD and get that bandwagon rolling in our direction, but until free server transfers are over it’s probably for the best that we don’t pick up fair-weather Friday transfers.

You don’t have to preach to me, I’m defending the zerg (some of them anyways, not the absolute mindless rushes, but some of the huge groups that are organized for example). But the attitude and the whining that “X server only wins because they have 3x our numbers and they’re bad but they just win cause of that” seriously… is getting annoying. The winning server ALWAYS gets this flak, and the losing servers always cry that it’s this.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

FA focuses IoJ non stop from reset, largely ignoring CD

It’s starting to sound like a broken record in here…

Blue is red’s natural opponent (Durios and Bay being easier to take). Green is blue’s natural opponent (Klovan/Bay).

FA isn’t killing IoJ because they want second place. They’re killing IoJ because the towers are easier, and you have less resistance.

RET walked into the IoJ borderlands today with 10 players. We took Bay and got it to reinforced gates before IoJ even started trebbing the darn thing. Then we ninja’d garrison (about 15 players by this point). No resistance.

I think IoJ has lost heart

But then again, we were warned by some blackgate players back when IoJ first dropped to tier 3 that they really like those early-morning golem rushes on Wed/Thursday nights.

We may see a turnaround yet.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

If I recall the scores were reasonably close until it was sunday I think ioj fielded their best guilds in our borderland at the same time CD fielded a huge force and we were stuck on defense the whole night and were down to only two towers and our garrison. We had no capability to produce counter play against CD because we were entirely pinned down. At that point the match pretty much went to CD. ioj makes no effort to take CDs bay keep. When CD was blue we pushed CDs bay keep and their borderland. In this match-up CD pushes our Bay keep every night.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

LaMisT.1863

whoever goes down to tier 4 is going to face maguuma then kaineng. Good Luck

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

If we get Golem blitzed by ioj during Jerry hours then so be it. I would look forward to tier 4.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

LaMisT.1863

To the guy from OBEY guild from FA that transfer to CD for “Map completion”, you should have gone to kaineng or maguuma they have the whole map now

in WvW

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

I know this isn’t going to be on topic here, but do any FA, or CD guys, even some TC guys want to help out a missed enemy try and get night time help? if you could please help us bump this post, I would greatly appreciate it. WE STILL MISS T3!!!!

This post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Yak-s-Bend-Needs-Oceanic-Transfers/first#post1217488

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbabas.6053

Twinbabas.6053

A little sniplet of GoF’s run tonight…

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Saw some Helioz helping SoR beat our faces in just now =( stahp plz

IoJ folks please don’t bail and then join our enemies ;_; Come to us if you must for we have women and baked goods~~

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

The link to that video on youtube from GoF CANT be from last night ! I remind you are blue now and you have more often 80 points per tic. But well I guess you make that video from old T4 or T5 fights where you are going back soon ;p

I understand you also want to boost your server morale because it looks very down lately. We took all EB ioj keeps few hours ago and you retake them only now… (you went at 55points/tic, now FA has 13k points ahead)

Lol settle down nasty CD player .. GoF is actually a new transfer to your server (and one of the main catalysts for your win due to previously lackluster NA coverage)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

My bad. Btw from where GoF is coming from?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Ok mt bad :p From which server is GoF?

GoF was from Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I know this isn’t going to be on topic here, but do any FA, or CD guys, even some TC guys want to help out a missed enemy try and get night time help? if you could please help us bump this post, I would greatly appreciate it. WE STILL MISS T3!!!!

This post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Yak-s-Bend-Needs-Oceanic-Transfers/first#post1217488

Naw. You Benders should come to FA. If you miss Tier 3, come back to it!

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

FA doesn’t need more players—we need oceanic guilds if we want to move up Our NA presence is already pretty strong.

in WvW

Henrik.7560

TC and FA don’t have a really good relationship with each other…. 2nd last week they were in T3 some big arguments… They won’t be leaving T2 for a while too. You might see CD again sometime if we get any better and SBI gets worse, but that’s months away.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

More PvP action packed into a tight little replay.

Our first foray into the world of Guardians. Unedited footage because I’m very lazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Red will always treb SMC non-stop, just like whoever has smc should be trebbing overlook on a regular basis…. much like you already do to anz, durios, and ql. Blame Anet for kittenty map design when it comes to overlook keep and garrison→bay trebs.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

FA and CD needs to stop double teaming IoJ
IoJ and CD needs to stop double teaming FA
IoJ and FA needs to stop double teaming CD

Like, the reason why server X did bad that time was because the sever was the unofficial server of Christians that celebrate christmas, as with the unofficial server of college students that need to study.

Make it stahp

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

To the guy from OBEY guild from FA that transfer to CD for “Map completion”, you should have gone to kaineng or maguuma they have the whole map now

OBEY has been doing this ‘move’ since the release of the game when they were on SF. I have seen them relay information from enemy chat before, so personally I think it is just a ploy to be a really crummy spy.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

Mental Note Must churn better to make it to Az’s videos :P I missed some good fights!

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

The link to that video on youtube from GoF CANT be from last night ! I remind you are blue now and you have more often 80 points per tic. But well I guess you make that video from old T4 or T5 fights where you are going back soon ;p

I understand you also want to boost your server morale because it looks very down lately. We took all EB ioj keeps few hours ago and you retake them only now… (you went at 55points/tic, now FA has 13k points ahead)

Lol settle down nasty CD player .. GoF is actually a new transfer to your server (and one of the main catalysts for your win due to previously lackluster NA coverage)

Thank you for clarifying that maniac : )

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

in WvW

Karykarywook.2481

Like, the reason why server X did bad that time was because the sever was the unofficial server of Christians that celebrate christmas, as with the unofficial server of college students that need to study.

Make it stahp

QFT. There have been times I’ve seen double teaming – but certainly not in the CDvsFAvsIOJ games. Pretty sure all times of double teaming has been unintentional in all sides.

As Az was saying, we were in IOJ BL last night only because it was truly easy pickings for awhile. I like IOJ, but my desire not to be red is very very great

Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

FA doesn’t need more players—we need oceanic guilds if we want to move up Our NA presence is already pretty strong.

I respectfully disagree. While we do need a stronger presence during my time (Oceanic/Asia) and require a significant force during those times in T1/T2/T3, I have had the opportunity to play throughout NA time zone and “prime-time”. If we don’t have queues in all maps and our server isn’t “Full” population, it is safe to assume (in my opinion) we could also use more NA West Coast AND East Coast transfers and I would even go as far to say our NA presence could surely use improvement having lost a couple premier guilds recently.

If we were experiencing a queue in each map during NA primetime and had a healthy West Coast late night presence + a substantial NA morning/early afternoon presence during the week, then I would be inclined to agree with you. I think the best philosophy to follow however is to not be picky with new recruits and encourage all individuals, small guilds/large etc in all timezones to join us as we are currently lacking participation in all departments.

Our current score evolution reflects this http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

^Agreed. FA can improve population-wise across all timezones.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

You make a strong case. I concede the point.

Seems to be we’re actually taking the score in the early mornings/oceanic period.
Meanwhile, CD just dominates the 8PM primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

OBEY has been doing this ‘move’ since the release of the game when they were on SF. I have seen them relay information from enemy chat before, so personally I think it is just a ploy to be a really crummy spy.

Nice try, but no.

It’s not something we would order, and even if it was, we don’t have a large enough dedicated WvW base in our guild to even bother attempting something like this. The vast majority of our guild is PvE, and we very occasionally do WvW events for fun.

What you’ve seen is probably what members of every guild out there have had: A random member of the guild actually being there for map completion but then telling the guild what the opposing team’s state is because they’ve felt like it. It’s not some order from our leader or any of the co-leaders (myself included) to gain information about CD.

IoJ: It’s been fun. You guys are always up for a laugh in the EB jumping puzzle, too, so I’ll miss you regardless of what the outcome is.

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

I very much doubt that We (IoJ) will be pulling ahead at all this week. We’ve lost a few guilds already and I will not be surprised if more follow.

Ive seen a slow but steady drop off in our WvW base over the last 2 weeks. People are getting discouraged and either not coming out to WvW at all or just leaving the server altogether. We barely have the numbers to cover our own BL half the time that im online. Too many gaps in our timezones atm to be competitive at all. I imagine things will only get worse when we drop down a tier.

I hate to see this happen to our server

EDIT: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guesting-is-coming/

This could either save us or make things much worse…everyone will try to transfer off while they still can…on the upside it might prevent people from bailing on us

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

(edited by Foss.4830)

in WvW

Niim.9260

Nice try, but no.

It’s not something we would order, and even if it was, we don’t have a large enough dedicated WvW base in our guild to even bother attempting something like this. The vast majority of our guild is PvE, and we very occasionally do WvW events for fun.

What you’ve seen is probably what members of every guild out there have had: A random member of the guild actually being there for map completion but then telling the guild what the opposing team’s state is because they’ve felt like it. It’s not some order from our leader or any of the co-leaders (myself included) to gain information about CD.

IoJ: It’s been fun. You guys are always up for a laugh in the EB jumping puzzle, too, so I’ll miss you regardless of what the outcome is.

Here is a crazy idea then, take responsibility for your guild membership and have them not transfer to a server you are fighting for map completion. There is a bunch of other tiers, pick one of them.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Why should I?

They don’t ask us before they do it, because our guild is relaxed and we don’t ask for daily updates from our members about what they’re doing. If they’re in another server, we give them a ‘wvw exploring’ rank and that’s about it so they aren’t kicked. I’m not going to warn people that they shouldn’t go mapping on CD because they want world completion because a couple of people from their server think we may be spying on them – they can do what the hell they like, it’s their game time. There are a number of people in our guild that are going for world completion who are in servers other than CD, too, because they’ve done research on who’s best to go to currently for what they’ve got left.

Stop being so paranoid about something that isn’t even true.

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Darnit…….. Looks like it’s going to be another week as red for FA -_-

in WvW

Karykarywook.2481

Darnit…….. Looks like it’s going to be another week as red for FA -_-

—banging head on desk—

Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Brings back memories. We were the red server of T3 when we fought BG and DB. We got knocked down hard and became the red server of T4 against SoS and Mag. We won by a landslide (yep FA defeated SoS!!! that was the week they were getting transfers) and came back up to T3 as the red server again against BG and TC. When both us and TC got knocked to T4, we were blue. Everyone was so confused and disoriented especially in EB. Many players assumed that we were always supposed to be the red server.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Niim.9260

Why should I?

They don’t ask us before they do it, because our guild is relaxed and we don’t ask for daily updates from our members about what they’re doing. If they’re in another server, we give them a ‘wvw exploring’ rank and that’s about it so they aren’t kicked. I’m not going to warn people that they shouldn’t go mapping on CD because they want world completion because a couple of people from their server think we may be spying on them – they can do what the hell they like, it’s their game time. There are a number of people in our guild that are going for world completion who are in servers other than CD, too, because they’ve done research on who’s best to go to currently for what they’ve got left.

Stop being so paranoid about something that isn’t even true.

Is it paranoid if it is true? I have seen your guildies repeating information from enemy chat. Seems that out of general courtesy to your enemies and your server, it would be a simple thing to ask your members, but do as you will.

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

in WvW

Posted by: Hectoncheir.4210

Hectoncheir.4210

This match up isn’t even enjoyable. It’s gotten to the point where this happens…
Let the kitten commence. -_-’

Attachments:

The squid has enthralled me. All glory to the squid! Hulululululu!
Yours truly, a Stick-wielding Mesmer twit.

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfSpectre.6412

LoneWolfSpectre.6412

More PvP action packed into a tight little replay.

Our first foray into the world of Guardians. Unedited footage because I’m very lazy.

haha very nice vid. You may be on the opponent server but i dig the tactics! I myself am doing something similar with GoF Guardians. Those walls you see continuously up when trying to storm a tower is us :P xD. Very nice elementalist blood bomb though.

Keep up the awesome work.

Moses The Bear [GoF] -CD

BG – [XVX] Moses the Bear

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Make it stahp

QFT. There have been times I’ve seen double teaming – but certainly not in the CDvsFAvsIOJ games. Pretty sure all times of double teaming has been unintentional in all sides.

As Az was saying, we were in IOJ BL last night only because it was truly easy pickings for awhile. I like IOJ, but my desire not to be red is very very great

I wonder if you’re one of them who I always trade camps with past 3 days in IoJ borderland xD. True, it’s pretty much decisions we think is best to do at that particular moment, and hardly anything to do with double teaming. With quite a handful of IoJs only in the borderlands, I had an easy time roaming hitting yaks, sentries and capturing camps solo on my small (and cute) Asura engineer. Rarely have to deal with huge groups, only 1 – 2 enemies met along the way. (Only time I had to move to FA BL was because your necro commander with the funny hat and party decided to do that as well, and I couldn’t deal with their numbers) But then I found that FA borders is quite daunting with really fast responses at every particular point xD

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Is that why FA in first this week? O wait they are just doing map completion a lot of ppl do it who want to keep with a guild but still want to get there legendary. Truly what is CD going to lose this week because of this? Just some mud slinging at best at worst YOU are trying to single out ppl and that nearly is an infraction of these forms.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA