1/11/13 - Dragonbrand / Yaks Bend / Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Here’s to another fun week!!

Opening score:

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

WHOLE lotta fun on Yaks BL so far. Been having a blast running up into the Ebay zergs. yea thats me, that big ole santa clause lookin norn ele. rofl…NEVA roll an “in ur face” class as a norn! You make for an easy click target.

Lovin it so far though.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Great fights tonight in Ehmry borderlands. Alot of back and forth with ehmry for dawns/stargrove!!!

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’m just gonna do this now so it doesnt need to be said later in the thread. So waaaay ahead of all of you

Dragonbrand:
“OMG yaks and ebay have an alliance”
“Yaks are a bunch of hackers”
“Ebay is a bunch of hackers”

Ebay:
“OMG Dragonbrand and yaks have an alliance”
“Dragonbrand is a bunch of hackers”

Yaks:
“OMG Dragonbrand and Ebay have an alliance”

carry on

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

I’m just gonna do this now so it doesnt need to be said later in the thread. So waaaay ahead of all of you

Dragonbrand:

Ebay:

Yaks:

carry on

Best post on the WvW forum I’ve seen yet.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

WHOLE lotta fun on Yaks BL so far. Been having a blast running up into the Ebay zergs. yea thats me, that big ole santa clause lookin norn ele. rofl…NEVA roll an “in ur face” class as a norn! You make for an easy click target.

Lovin it so far though.

Hi dred, when did u transfer from dr? Wil we be seeing more stories in this thread?

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Dragonbrand:

Ebay:

Yaks:

carry on

There really wasn’t that much complaining about exploits going in last week’s thread, so I’m not too concerned about that.

And I think by now, everyone’s realized that server’s just take the most opportunistic attack opportunity; and in a lot of cases that best opportunity is to attack who your enemy is attacking, or attack whoever’s in the most substantial lead.

DB Gets double teamed a lot for the first portion of the day just because we hold just about everything, Ebay or YB would be foolish to attack each other in any concentration then. :P

Anyway,
Hopefully gonna be a good week of wvw,
I didn’t get in as much this past week as I would have liked due to moving, but I’m hoping to get some kitten done this week.
Get my Commanderin’ on

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Glitter.7634

Glitter.7634

Ack! You jumped me and my guildees in the JP and got badges off of us while we were trying to get badges! How dare you! Never follow an inebriated GL into the JP on reset while inebriated…

Invictus Aeturnum (IA) ~ Dragonbrand since August 2012 ~
Glitter Monkey (Warrior) / Phlaxis (Thief) / Svetlana Demitrova (Guardian)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Someone please explain Ebays strats. They pretty much have lost their BL and EB…but their in Yaks BL in a zerg of 30+ all afternoon and night. DB…u go back to your homelands now ok. If you cant fight even numbers, youre not allowed to play in our sandbox.

No icecream for you!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Awesome. Another week of having all our efforts completely negated by DB’s night(their day) crew.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Hiyas DB!! Hope you liked [HELL]s lil ninja of the Bay while the other YakBs tied you up at the Hills. LOL….was awesome fun. Great fighting on your BL too. Do you all breed like rabbits? gawsh darnit to heck mayun, only like 5-6 of us!

Nice round of fighting today YakBs. Props to all 3 servers for giving it your all.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

Best post on the WvW forum I’ve seen yet.

And all of it true! It’s a three way revolving door hacking alliance! ZOMG!

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dragonbrand:

Ebay:

Yaks:

carry on

You forgot one bit for Yak’s and Ehmery:
“OMG, Dragonbrand’s night crew takes everything PvDoor and day gets carried”

I would have something more for Dragonbrand, but the response isn’t nearly as funny and is too long.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4317

Sol.4317

Gotta say that i’m getting pretty disheartened with the whole pvdoor scenario. last night before i crashed we had DB and EB solidly behind us. Much gold and effort were put in to upgrade what we had. I put 3g into our war effort on my own last night, so i can only imagine what our commanders sank into it. I know this happens to DB and EB on their off hours but this is BS. Some form of solution needs to be figured out when a servers population goes to bed. Having npc gaurds that would man seiges, programmed to attack the enemy couldn’t be that hard. Anything to slow down the destruction of everyones efforts. When I went to bed Anza had fully upgraded walls and was upgrading mortars. That door must have put up a hell of a fight.

Alfric the Wolf
Guild-Obsidian Fear
Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4317

Sol.4317

Let me say this though as well. I had a great time last night. The fights were fun. When its not WvDoor there have been fantastic fights all round from both DB and EB. Some very challenging seiges. It just pisses me off to see all the hard efforts of everyone go to hell because we went to bed

Alfric the Wolf
Guild-Obsidian Fear
Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

The upgrades slow DB’s zerg a little bit.. enough to limit our point gain overnight. Especially if the other servers provide ANY sort of resistance.

Losing your upgrades is part of WvW. If you want to enjoy those upgrades, get them going early in the day so that you can actually benefit from them during NA primetime. And feel free to focus all of your attacks on Dragonbrand to offset our nighttime presence.. we’re used to it.

Asking A-net to do something about night-capping is simply beating a dead horse. They’ve already said that WvW is a 24-hour game, and the scoring/capping system is working as intended. If you want to continue competing in tier 4 or above, get used to it.. or get a night crew.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Gotta say that i’m getting pretty disheartened with the whole pvdoor scenario. last night before i crashed we had DB and EB solidly behind us.

YB did have a decent lead, and you guys came out swinging hard at the reset.

But the majority of that lead stems from the tactical decision by Dragonbrand to only flex NA guilds in three maps. We decided to leave YB bl alone for the evening, and EBay apparently followed suit or had trouble setting up any kind of foothold there.

Had Dragonbrand decided to flex major forces into YB bl, and leave EBay bl alone for reset night the score would have been closer.

EBay is still trying to dislodge DB from their homeland as we speak.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

koopatroopa.5360

Gotta say that i’m getting pretty disheartened with the whole pvdoor scenario. last night before i crashed we had DB and EB solidly behind us.

But the majority of that lead stems from the tactical decision by Dragonbrand to only flex NA guilds in three maps. We decided to leave YB bl alone for the evening, and EBay apparently followed suit or had trouble setting up any kind of foothold there.

Had Dragonbrand decided to flex major forces into YB bl, and leave EBay bl alone for reset night the score would have been closer.

How is that a “tactical decision” when DB can clearly outnumber both servers combined during off peak hours?

You can do as much tactical decision making all you want during the day, it doesn’t change that fact that your server is playing PvE mode at night.

in WvW

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

So again DB and YB double team EB.. you should try fight each other sometimes

in WvW

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

Hey, I want to give a shout out to the Emory Bay thief that I had an epic fight with this morning around 11am EST. You’ve got a legendary dagger i think.

I had you down when those yaks killed my bud and that got you up. Then we ran around for fools for like 20 minutes until you finally got me.

Just wanted to say great fight. Most instense thing i’ve been in awhile. Great use of headshot, it got me so frustrated I snapped my headset in half when I died. I wanted to win that one pretty badly heh.

This is phinz, big norn ranger with the floppy hat btw

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

How is that a “tactical decision” when DB can clearly outnumber both servers combined during off peak hours?

You can do as much tactical decision making all you want during the day, it doesn’t change that fact that your server is playing PvE mode at night.

Whether u wanna believe it or not, these kinda cancerous thoughts directly, and indirectly, impact the success or failure of your peers… Buck up lil trooper and keep fighting, you have some good players in your game, no need dis their efforts

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Last night in EBay Borderlands I came across a charr engineer (I think, was medium armor and had no signets equipped) from Yak’s Bend and an Asura thief from Ehmery Bay on the western side of the lake. The thief downed the engineer just before I got in range.

I want to apologize to the engineer for not arriving sooner. I tried to save you, just didn’t quite manage it. If it makes you feel better, I did get the thief shortly after. I don’t like thieves ganking folks just trying to get to a battle :p

To the thief: you should know that I was still wearing my magic find gear from PvE farming and had forgotten to switch.

I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: allstick.1405

allstick.1405

. I don’t like thieves ganking folks just trying to get to a battle :p

I dunno if you can really be upset at a class doing something that they are supposed to excel at. I think a few thieves picking off players along the reinforcement lines will make all the difference in larger battles.

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Latest Score Update!

Yes, I’m scaled up – don’t hate!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Yak’s Bend doesn’t seem to have much effort in their WvW scene and relied on Maguuma being bad and Ehmry Bay being ganked.
Ehmry Bay gets double-teamed by everybody.
Dragonbrand just outnumbers everybody and won’t stop camping the Jumping Puzzles.

Sure is a great tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Noobles.4325

Noobles.4325

i do not understand why people kitten about camping the jp, its apart of wvwvw get over it,

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Their asian pop is irrelevant at that point, its a smart tactical decision because they obviously only have enough NA pop to properly deal with 3 BL on reset and they don’t want to spread themselves thinly.

Yak’s Bend doesn’t seem to have much effort in their WvW scene and relied on Maguuma being bad and Ehmry Bay being ganked.

Oh please stop with the pity party given ebay were the benefit of DBs focus on YB last week, allowing you to focus on us as well and keep us down. BTW I fought on ebay BL on reset and just on that BL YB was often beset by both ebay and DB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

So again DB and YB double team EB.. you should try fight each other sometimes

Last week we attacked Yak’s bend more than EBay. We helped Ebay the whole time, then we get double teamed the last two days by EBay and Yaks. Calm your kittens.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

And now, another Haiku, to help alleviate …

Big Fight at Ograth
Greatsword cleaves blue as I fall
Off the cliff I ran

- Jornosh, testing gravity since Original WoW, it always wins.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I kill each other server without bias.

If I could kill my fellow ebayers…trust me I would kill them just as much

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

. I don’t like thieves ganking folks just trying to get to a battle :p

I dunno if you can really be upset at a class doing something that they are supposed to excel at. I think a few thieves picking off players along the reinforcement lines will make all the difference in larger battles.

Not upset at a class doing what they’re designed to do. Doesn’t mean I like it.

To be a bit more precise, I don’t like seeing thieves do that, then think they are awesome when their target likely never saw them until they were staked due to culling. It’s always a great feeling to stomp a roaming thief in a 1v1.

On the occasions I lose to a thief in an actual duel, I give them a bow (or would if I wasn’t dead). I make them work hard for their kill, so if they win, they have my respect.

I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

I’d like to thank WAR guild and CL from yaks bend for wiping so many times today. WAR, it was great killing your 6+ golems @ our garrsion. and CL, how many times would u like to wipe at north supply? Love it. =)

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I’d like to thank WAR guild and CL from yaks bend for wiping so many times today. WAR, it was great killing your 6+ golems @ our garrsion. and CL, how many times would u like to wipe at north supply? Love it. =)

Attachments:

in WvW

koopatroopa.5360

Whether u wanna believe it or not, these kinda cancerous thoughts directly, and indirectly, impact the success or failure of your peers… Buck up lil trooper and keep fighting, you have some good players in your game, no need dis their efforts

The fact that DB can own all 4 maps at once during the night without any resistance is what is impacting the success or failure of my peers. Its a simple fact really. They get more points at night than anyone during the day. Unfortunately that’s the way to goes with this matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

*gets out my pom poms

Go Yak’s Bend! You can do it! Rah! Rah! Rah!

(We still miss you on TC)

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Same old song, no matter what tier we are in. We have a night crew – They are a very GREAT night crew, and we are thankful they are here. They have to play SOMEWHERE and I’m glad they chose HERE!!

Edit:

Score update!

Attachments:

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Good job today in Eternal Yaks!!! Was a blast!

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

pokes Ebay

Did we break you guys.

I didn’t mean to spot your 6 Alpha 1 Omega golem rush. I didn’t meant to destroy it before it got to the door. Well ok I did meant to destroy it but still. I stopped commanding in your borderlands and the zerg there has no commander and they are taking your stuff.

Attachments:

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

pokes Ebay

Did we break you guys.

I didn’t mean to spot your 6 Alpha 1 Omega golem rush. I didn’t meant to destroy it before it got to the door. Well ok I did meant to destroy it but still. I stopped commanding in your borderlands adn the zerg there has no commadner and they are taking your stuff.

Like a Sir <3
Some good kittens going on right there braj.
Those golems got nailed.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Breaken.7950

Breaken.7950

Dragonbrand just outnumbers everybody and won’t stop camping the Jumping Puzzles.

Sure is a great tier.

Well i know for sure there was a point last week where we had a cease fire in jp. We let a bunch of yak’s and eb get chest. Most were dancing, waving and having fun until a random yak’s person decided to start killing people.

Warmaster Mittens
Arch Lich Brittany
Leader of NSFW-Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: IonusX.7905

IonusX.7905

dear yaks learn to golem rush lol that last one you guys pulled flopped your golems did not even get to the gate let alone the walls

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

dear yaks learn to golem rush lol that last one you guys pulled flopped your golems did not even get to the gate let alone the walls

^^ This

We’ve killed more Yak Golems then have gotten to gates. All that gold such a waste.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in WvW

IonusX.7905

^^ This

We’ve killed more Yak Golems then have gotten to gates. All that gold such a waste.

i know every time i see one I’m like really they doing that stunt again even our day crew laugh their pants off when they see it

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

Sometimes we make golem rushes that we know will fail in order to relieve pressure off of other maps. It works.

Imagine that.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Noobles.4325

Noobles.4325

Sometimes we make golem rushes that we know will fail in order to relieve pressure off of other maps. It works.

Imagine that.

i lol’ed hard, your 11 people and 4 golems are easier to wipe then 15 people and no golems. if your loosing on a map it wont help.

in WvW

IonusX.7905

that pretty much says we like to through our money away and when bad stuff happens we through more money at it hoping for it to resolve the problem

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Welp had some fun in the DB BL tonight.

After the zerg’n got outta the way opened up for some nice roaming fights. Some good fights, but some of you Yak’s need to relax after getting your kitten pushed in.

Accept the invite or join and lets talk about life afterwards…..

in WvW

Sajec.5302

great fights tonight Ebay and DB. Other than the massive night crew DB has, this is a solid matchup in population outside of DBs PvDoor late crew. lol……..jk

Ebay…i’ll stay out of your BL if you stop zerging mine and taking stuff when your BL is every color but your own. Me and my fellow guildmates in [HELL] been rackin up some loot bags and pushing map objectives to help get ole YB some needed points. If only we had about 50 more folks on late night…..sigh (ebay transfer!) lol

Either way, great fights on both sides. Lotta good offense and defense.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Not saying this as a slight at all, but if DB moves up their off peak crew is going to have to pick it up when they meet servers that match their coverage. When our weekend warriors have stayed up late to even approach their numbers, we have led the points and income up through about 4 AM still vastly outnumbered both Fri/Sat, at which point most sane folks finally turn in, and they start painting it green.

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Not saying this as a slight at all, but if DB moves up their off peak crew is going to have to pick it up when they meet servers that match their coverage. When our weekend warriors have stayed up late to even approach their numbers, we have led the points and income up through about 4 AM still vastly outnumbered both Fri/Sat, at which point most sane folks finally turn in, and they start painting it green.

It’s not that they aren’t doing well, it’s that the real force they have doesn’t start until like 7AM Eastern. I think around 3-6 AM Eastern if I got everything from them correctly it’s Dinner/Family time for them. They are also a day ahead so it’s heading into Monday for them shortly already in a few hours. The Asian guilds on our server are very good at what they do maybe better at a lot of things then I have seen many servers/guilds try. I wish they mesmer swept a bit more but that’s trivial as they are just going to steamroll over a wooden tower/keep.

What your facing at 12AM-4/5 AM Eastern are those that haven’t gone to sleep yet from the NA time zone. Same as you guys.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

(edited by Skapocalypse.5236)