Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

Boy, this sure is a thing, ain’t it?

1-11-13 Maguuma vs. Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Can we please keep this clean.

And bring back the focus to the WvW fight.

To make this a better match up lets try to play smarter all!

-2nd place, and 3rd place servers(currently BP & DR ) need to stop attacking each other, and start attacking the team with the most control over the map.

-In EB the team that controls SM should be the focus team to attack.

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Better suggestion: BP and DR should go for a dead-even tie and see what happens…get both your scores identical!

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.9508

Loco.9508

2nd place, and 3rd place servers(currently BP & DR ) need to stop attacking each other, and start attacking the team with the most control over the map.

I agree. I love more bags of loot!

Verdict – 80 Mesmer – EVOH – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Go Maguuma!

It’s unfortunate we will not be getting a Maguuma vs. Kaineng fight next week as both are moving up one tier. Mag’s performance is more impressive and it would be great to see Mag end another server’s hopes and dreams.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Arcadio.6875)

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Hello from Kaineng

We are hoping DR hangs in and doesn’t drop down. There’s a lot of people here looking forward to the long awaited rematch. Too bad it may not happen. Come on DR stick in there!

TC

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

I don’t see Maguuma doing well next week. We don’t have the EU/Ocean timezone coverage to hold things overnight and our US pop will become ghosts after a few wipes.

There have been matchups in the last several weeks where the only thing Maguuma fielded was a handful of gankers, and people are used to coasting into 2nd over a dead server.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I would really like to see this thread stick to actual WvW topics instead of being derailed by a handful of people doing a lot of 1v1 or 5v5 trash talking. There is, after all, an entire forum devoted to sPvP, including tournaments, which seems to me to be a more appropriate place for fight club activity anyway.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Really….again, what’s this like 3 this week thus far?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I don’t see Maguuma doing well next week. We don’t have the EU/Ocean timezone coverage to hold things overnight and our US pop will become ghosts after a few wipes.

There have been matchups in the last several weeks where the only thing Maguuma fielded was a handful of gankers, and people are used to coasting into 2nd over a dead server.

You say this like Mag actually wants to win T4 match ups.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Hhhmmm … I thought that I rather openly admitted that we don’t have great coordination yet, and certainly not from one map to another. I’ve actually agreed with many of your criticisms of DR in the past, but I think it’s a bit beneath you to characterize the entire server based upon particular examples. I’ve seen a couple of pretty illogical actions from occasional (even large) groups of Mag myself, such as attacking isolated and fully fortified objectives with no hope of success and no other apparent value (such as distraction or attrition). I assume that every server has their share of rogue players just out to have some fun or try something different, and while we may have a larger share than some it doesn’t mean that we all are the same.

I am simply expressing an opinion based on anecdotal evidence. I was more seriously interested in what you think you have learned from us so far, because that is the important part.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I fully agree.

-2nd place, and 3rd place servers(currently BP & DR ) need to stop attacking each other, and start attacking the team with the most control over the map.

Uhh … because that worked so well last time? I suspect that if either of us had the discipline and coordination to pull that off within our respective servers we wouldn’t need it in the first place.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Xthnru.2079

A prioritized list regarding the long-term strategy of Maguuma’s hivemind:

1) Have fun
2) Make the other servers work for whatever they have
3) Have fun
4) Do interesting things with siege
5) Have fun
6) There is no #6
7) Have fun

Edit: 8) ALL GLORY TO LORD FLAME RAM

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

It’s pretty much at the stage where you’re better off trying to win battles instead of the war. Which is the more fun way to play anyway.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I fully agree.

Uhh … because that worked so well last time? I suspect that if either of us had the discipline and coordination to pull that off within our respective servers we wouldn’t need it in the first place.

It worked pretty well for the first few days last time, did it not?

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

You say this like Mag actually wants to win T4 match ups.

You say this like I say that like Mag has any choice in the matter. I think the turnout we have for what is very much a blowout is pretty indicative that people want to and enjoy winning. It’s just not going to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

It looks like we’re going to be good old rank 11 again. It feels good to be blue.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Xthnru.2079

Blue is the best color, qtiyd

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

I fully agree.

Hey, it could work. Had a couple fun fights with some AD guys roaming around in Maguuma BLs – but when some Maguuma players came to ruin the fun we both started attacking Maguuma and leaving each other alone.

Fight the power!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

2nd and 3rd never both prioritize attacking 1st when their populations start feeling 1st is out of reach. The more the 1st place server pulls ahead, the less likely you are to see both 2nd and 3rd going for 1st. This especially happens during the latter half of the match when there isn’t enough time to catch up so the battle for 2nd becomes the main event. Anet really needs to put into place a system that gives players incentive to always go for 1st.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

people want to and enjoy winning.

You must be new here. We, as a server, are not about the win. If you’re looking to win match ups, Mag isn’t the server for that to happen. We’ve won exactly 5 out of 53 matches (6 after this week). The only time we win is when we need to get back to T4. T1-3 is terrible game play. Nobody wants to go there.

Sit back and enjoy competitive battles in the Maguuma tier. Grandiose plans to move up is for the birds.

in WvW

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

Anet take note:
When people are creating threadsd filled with begging other people to fight them, something is wrong with your PvP mechanics.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

You say this like I say that like Mag has any choice in the matter. I think the turnout we have for what is very much a blowout is pretty indicative that people want to and enjoy winning. It’s just not going to happen.

Of course we like winning, but I think our server enjoys winning the campaign while we’re logged on, coupled with a bit of setup for our next time zones, with the people we’ve been gaming with for months now. It’s not very practical to aim a couple of tiers above where server populations simply aren’t comparable or reliable whether in our favor or not as we’re seeing in this tier right currently.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

Blowouts suck, no matter which side you’re on. There’s no reason to log into one. Better off letting the week go and see what happens next. the only problem for BP is that it’s been this way for weeks now and it’s lead to some pretty terrible results. I know I used to be in WvW 7 days a week for 5-14 hours a day. I no longer log into WvW for anything other than curiosity about the score and map (I usually end up in LA overflow). I doubt I’ll be back any time soon either.

in WvW

Xthnru.2079

Blowouts suck, no matter which side you’re on. There’s no reason to log into one. Better off letting the week go and see what happens next. the only problem for BP is that it’s been this way for weeks now and it’s lead to some pretty terrible results. I know I used to be in WvW 7 days a week for 5-14 hours a day. I no longer log into WvW for anything other than curiosity about the score and map (I usually end up in LA overflow). I doubt I’ll be back any time soon either.

Blowout weeks are good times to try out stealth-capping strategies. If you can steal a tower from 50 guys before they come in and take it back, you’re doing well, and getting better.

Seriously, you guys need to loosen up. Remember, the Buddha says “to gain anything, you must first lose everything.”

But then, some of you weren’t here for SoS’ rise to power. :v

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I much prefer playing on the losing side of a blowout than the winning side. But that’s me.

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

people want to and enjoy winning.

You must be new here. We, as a server, are not about the win. If you’re looking to win match ups, Mag isn’t the server for that to happen. We’ve won exactly 5 out of 53 matches (6 after this week). The only time we win is when we need to get back to T4. T1-3 is terrible game play. Nobody wants to go there.

Sit back and enjoy competitive battles in the Maguuma tier. Grandiose plans to move up is for the birds.

I’ve been on maguuma since headstart. Saying people don’t like to win is asinine, of course they do. This is the most active the server has been since before Halloween, solely because it’s a blowout. They obviously don’t like to lose because mag has been a ghost town the handful of times that we’ve fought competent people that can run groups on multiple maps.

I couldn’t care less whether maguuma wins or loses and don’t plan on contributing any time soon. I’m content with logging in to gank people even when we’re losing, which is why I find myself alone in our BL so often.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

You’re talking about a bunch of people that literally just transferred here to win. Those aren’t Maguumas, they’ll be gone by Friday. Who cares about those people?

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Not that we don’t “like” to. But there are many with the same mindset I have and that’s I couldn’t care less. Some of us don’t even bother to so much as take a supply camp unless it has enemies inside to kill. We play for the DAoC style roaming PvP.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Amongst the signs that you may have been on a Rocode Roleplay Rampage, you log into this dye color scheme in the morning.

http://imgur.com/yLQVn

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Isn’t that exactly what JerkJerk looks like

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

No way! his is humiliation pink, mine is Icing, it should be pretty obvious.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

My ignorance is now known to all. Can’t be taken back.

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

You’re talking about a bunch of people that literally just transferred here to win. Those aren’t Maguumas, they’ll be gone by Friday. Who cares about those people?

Yep, the true mark of a Maguuma players is how we lose, not how we win.

We have got a few decent guild transfers, new faces in mumble, it’s really quite lovely. It’ll be interesting to see how DB holds up to our expanded ranks after we shed the glory chasers we gained over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully it’ll be a closer match than last time at least.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

2nd and 3rd never both prioritize attacking 1st when their populations start feeling 1st is out of reach. The more the 1st place server pulls ahead, the less likely you are to see both 2nd and 3rd going for 1st. This especially happens during the latter half of the match when there isn’t enough time to catch up so the battle for 2nd becomes the main event. Anet really needs to put into place a system that gives players incentive to always go for 1st.

thats the glory of the 3-way war design.

with 1st’s population being high… they can still only put 100 players in the lake. the other 2 teams, can also each field 100 players..that makes it a 200 100 war. or more so, 100v50.

they must divide to try to hold off the attacking forces.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Yep, the true mark of a Maguuma players is how we lose, not how we win.

We have got a few decent guild transfers, new faces in mumble, it’s really quite lovely. It’ll be interesting to see how DB holds up to our expanded ranks after we shed the glory chasers we gained over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully it’ll be a closer match than last time at least.

Hoping DB moves up and we can get fa/mag/yaks. Daddy FA always taught us new things, so that would be fun.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

FA were pretty cool guys. I’d be interested in that fight for sure.

You hear that FA? Start losing more.

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

FA were pretty cool guys. I’d be interested in that fight for sure.

You hear that FA? Start losing more.

We miss Maguuma, but this is our 9th week in a row that we are in T3 and it doesn’t look like we are going down. I think we are ahead of IoJ right now and may even replace them as blue server.

You guys come up! It’s not like you haven’t beaten DB before.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

FA doesnt afraid of anything.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

alot is going to depend on all those recent transfers. i assume if we keep winning they will stick around, but i kinda hope we lose once or twice 1st to drop the ones that only stay because we are winning.

>.> i kinda hate the sudden income of transfers, i was looking forward to at least another near equal fight over the weekend but it looks like it was not meant 2 be.

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

No one wants to win past t4, and we probably won’t. I hope we’ve made it clear to the bandwagoners (not the small organized guilds) that Maguuma isn’t a winning server. Maybe they’ll jump to DB.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

I think its gonna shake out in 2 weeks to be Kain/BP/and DR in this tier. I think once all things settle it would be a nice match up. Although since the last time we fought Kain I understand they received a lot of new guilds so I am not sure how heavily populated they are now but time will tell.

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

This matchup is boring. Erh Muh Gawd Gerd Wers.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I think its gonna shake out in 2 weeks to be Kain/BP/and DR in this tier. I think once all things settle it would be a nice match up. Although since the last time we fought Kain I understand they received a lot of new guilds so I am not sure how heavily populated they are now but time will tell.

Not in T5. Ebay, Yaks, and Maguuma will end up rotating in and out of the tier.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

some fun 1v1s with some DR this afternoon. Mag, I know you folks are tearing your hair out looking for fights, but if you see people in an evenly matched 1v1, do you really need to roll it ASAP every time?

Yes yes, this is wvw, yes yes l2p and all that. But in a blowout, facestomping solos with numbers every time is fun for nobody.

yes yes, I know my experience is purely anecdotal and does not represent statisticly valid info.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

IF IT’S RED IT’S DEAD

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

People still talking about numbers as all I saw other than dead bodies in DRBL tonight was that 40+ man zerg. It is ok though fun all the same, I just imagine all of them trying desperately to get to my body before I’m finished for loot bags…. spamming gap closers and aoe.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Gotmilk.2713

Gotmilk.2713

Yep just taking my break from WvW

[BURN] Borlis Pass
Lvl 80 Warrior

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Glad DR pulled out some good numbers in their borderlands so far today, it’s been fun fighting

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

So tempting to desecrate… But I’ll worship from the shadows instead. Probably better for my health.

Attachments:

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma