1/11 ~ Ferguson's C ~ Sorrow's F ~ Eredon T

in WvW

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

Since no one put one up, here you go!

last week was the first even match in tier 8 in months.

It seems now that again has changed, some of the “other servers” seem to have swelled into rolling zergball status, Congrats!

keep it clean and do what we do best. Fight outnumbered!

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

(edited by moutzaheadin.4029)

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

had a lot of fun in ferguson’s crossing today, the WZ? (correct me if I’m wrong) and envy guilds held us for the longest time while we tried to hit you guys at bay (after you had taken the map back from us)

Went to EB later and had a stand off with a giant night crew zerg from SF, seems you guys have a lot of night presence this week.

Hoping for more fun fights – wishing I didn’t have to wake up early tomorrow!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

>Keep it clean
Too late for that now, already mesmers in ET are exploiting inside keeps with gates/walls intact and porting in everyone to instagib everything

Secondly, regarding exploits: posting exploits on the forum is not permitted as the forum moderation team does not investigate those issues. That’s why exploits have to be sent to the following address: exploits@arena.net or to our Customer Support Team as explained above. Reports of exploits sent by either of these two methods reach the correct people who can then investigate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvWvW-sub-forum-rules-reminder/first#post1185925

If it’s truly a case of exploiting (and not just folks forgetting to do a thorough mesmer sweep after taking the keep)…document it, report it and let ArenaNet sort it out from there.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

raced ET into their overlook in EB, and we defended it beautifully thanks to SF leaving full supply… but… you claim youre outnumbered and suddenly a 40 man zerg! and then we cant defend both the keep and our borderlands when some of you scatter and SF wakes up

…was honestly taken aback at how many red names i saw that late at night. (green names too actually)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Goteam.2937

Goteam.2937

Fun night in wvw on ET map . like to see a few more fergs on there but all good. this week’s matchup has been the best in agges.

quick props to the mesmer from elite siege agents P.s Im out of alpha blue prints.

Don’t make me bring my [Main] Leader
Silver Onyx Dps Guardian Scrub
+39k kills +4.4k zerg dive suicides. fc roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Skybuddha.2634

Skybuddha.2634

ESA Mesmer here! Thank you so much for the great fights Yarr! I spent a pretty penny on siege golems tonight. Ill admit I need a lot of work playing my mess but you and I kept downing one another 1v1 or 1vx depending on who’s side had team mates with them. You have much respect from me. Thanks again! ……Small Sock.

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

>Keep it clean
Too late for that now, already mesmers in ET are exploiting inside keeps with gates/walls intact and porting in everyone to instagib everything

Hmm, so you saw that mesmer “jumping” into DB or something?
Pm me the guild name , I will ask them .

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

>Keep it clean

Ever heard of doing a Mesmer sweep?

No?

Well don’t try and make it as though the server is exploiting when you failed to do a good Mesmer sweep and then blame exploiting for your poor sweeps.

No matter though, I will ask around and check the mesmers and have a talk to them if they were indeed exploiting (unlikely) and ask them to not do it again.

But please instead of calling out a few people and making it look like the server is doing it, just report it and take SS, ok?

Now let us keep it clean.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This thread needs a bump so…. Here’s some terrible Guardian gameplay from SM today. Quick vid I threw together for a build thread in the Guardian forum, so I’ll post it here too.

Also this match up is the funniest I had in some time. A lot of good players out there.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

Pretty cool video!! makes me think if I had fraps running on a day like today. There I am in my chief’s suit , laying the frying pan into some thug pirate in an epic costume fight. When all of a sudden 6-7 red names show up at the camp to gank us and jack our camp. Boy did they get a surprise when we turned and killed them in 30secs.. then promply roasted a pig over thier corpses and continued on with the fun. I lost the costume brawl btw. Pirates r OP’d.

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

(edited by moutzaheadin.4029)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

Wow Ferg’s what happened to you? Did you guys suddenly choose to be dbags? I’m visiting ET for a week and was doing EB JP and you guys love ganging up on ppl there even when they respectfully bow. Especially that Charr from the guild SIKE. I’m so dissapointed, respect has been lost for some of you.

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: theredone.3845

theredone.3845

Wow Ferg’s what happened to a minute amount of you? Did a small group of you guys suddenly choose to be dbags? I’m visiting ET for a week and was doing EB JP and you guys love ganging up on ppl there even when they respectfully bow. Especially that Charr from the guild SIKE. I’m so dissapointed, respect has been lost for some of you.

FTFY….. feel free to post accurately next time bud….

in WvW

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

I love it, this is hilarious. This many golems, for 1 Keep… Bit of an overkill ET?

Attachments:

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

in WvW

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

Wow Ferg’s what happened to you? Did you guys suddenly choose to be dbags? I’m visiting ET for a week and was doing EB JP and you guys love ganging up on ppl there even when they respectfully bow. Especially that Charr from the guild SIKE. I’m so dissapointed, respect has been lost for some of you.

What are you talking about, we have the same problem with people from SF and ET camping ever JP and ganking our players. Don’t make it seem like our server is the only one that does it.

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

What are you talking about, we have the same problem with people from SF and ET camping ever JP and ganking our players. Don’t make it seem like our server is the only one that does it.

I am not, I’m telling my personal experience with fergs who I bowed to several times and spoke with who just laughed and continued. I had no issues with SF while in JP they all bowed right back. I’m speaking personally and notice how I said SOME. My whole time in the puzzle all I saw was fergs ganging up on everyone there. So for this personal experience the only ones were fergs. I posted here because I know before we wanted to know ppl camping JP so our server could deal with it, so I did so to post about this guy from SIKE. I was so kitten far in the JP So I was pretty upset since I’m not very good at them lol and no one around to revive me. I know every server has ppl like this so please don’t think I am saying Fergs are the only ones. I have quite a few friends in FC and I’m not that type of person. Just speaking on my personal experience today. I’m not use to running into issues like this, personally had nothing but positive and respectful experiences in the JP, any other time. So this was a new experience for me, and I was just dissapointed. I apologize if it seemed that way, I suppose I should have elaborated in my first post more. So SORRYYYY <3

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Every server does it, don’t know why people complain about PvP in a PvP zone. I’ve been killed countless times in JPs, but it doesn’t bother me. There are player activated traps, and hazards. It’s obvious Anet wants people to fight in them.

I’m not going to let you get free siege without a fight.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I am not, I’m telling my personal experience with fergs who I bowed to several times and spoke with who just laughed and continued. I had no issues with SF while in JP they all bowed right back. I’m speaking personally and notice how I said SOME. My whole time in the puzzle all I saw was fergs ganging up on everyone there. So for this personal experience the only ones were fergs. I posted here because I know before we wanted to know ppl camping JP so our server could deal with it, so I did so to post about this guy from SIKE. I was so kitten far in the JP So I was pretty upset since I’m not very good at them lol and no one around to revive me. I know every server has ppl like this so please don’t think I am saying Fergs are the only ones. I have quite a few friends in FC and I’m not that type of person. Just speaking on my personal experience today. I’m not use to running into issues like this, personally had nothing but positive and respectful experiences in the JP, any other time. So this was a new experience for me, and I was just dissapointed. I apologize if it seemed that way, I suppose I should have elaborated in my first post more. So SORRYYYY <3

Seriously who cares, it’s the jumping puzzle it’s not a safe zone. Personally I never go in there but if I did you bet I’d attack any red names.

On a side note, rocked my Ele in EBG today and had a blast all day long.. Great battle to hold SM and just tons of epic fighting all day long..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

dank.3680

I love it, this is hilarious. This many golems, for 1 Keep… Bit of an overkill ET?

HArd to tell in the pic but it was like 20+ golems lol, I was following them around the map for awhile trolling ppl.. Good stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.4391

Mouse.4391

Now Here is a Golem Rush for SM

Attachments:

Cyrus Snow Wolf – Engineer
Cyrus Snow Crusher – Guardian
[TAC] Tactical Terror -Eredon Terrace

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

what can I say…we love golems

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

It’s nice to have a balanced tier again. Not as much action on the forums, but the game play has been much better.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in WvW

Posted by: Themanbat.3206

Themanbat.3206

Great, fair fights all around. Now, if I could just figure out how the Players vs Panzies (SF) guild is so stealthy in getting into towers… It’s almost like they don’t even have to set up siege or anything. Like the gate and walls are up on a fully upgraded tower that hasn’t been broken into since reset and there they are killing the guild claimer… Gg guys. Could that d/d ele commander leading those guys teach me your awesome tactics?
(insert sarcasm anywhere above)

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

(edited by Themanbat.3206)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It’s nice to have a balanced tier again. Not as much action on the forums, but the game play has been much better.

forums are for when youre disgruntled. short thread = were happy

although i AM sad that the jump puzzles no longer seem to be a (mostly) safe haven… one thing to miss about the kain/dr/ferg matches.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Thoughts.1987

Thoughts.1987

ET loves our golem marches. I dont know if certain guilds are teaming up cross server or what, but gotta love the getting hit by both SF and Ferg from 2 sides and them NOT attacking one another. Still its always a blast. Can’t hate on the strategy.

TFOR – Thoughtsone – Ranger – ET – 80
Golem enthusiast

in WvW

Leogolas.6941

well it always seem like two server are allies when they both hit 1 server at the same time. But it’s just pure coincidence .
Good fight from reset till now . Keep it up SF and FC.

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

I will say this the defense of SM all afternoon yesterday with 4 walls down was the most intense and fun fight I have had in a long time. Good job to ET and SF for the push and great job to Ferg for the defense at the Lords room. ET your 2 guys on the Trebs at ET Overlook must have been bored… 3 hours of pounding the walls would have driven me crazy. SF you brought a lot of people to the party good on ya. Let’s do that again.

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Manoa.5897

This thread needs a bump so…. Here’s some terrible Guardian gameplay from SM today. Quick vid I threw together for a build thread in the Guardian forum, so I’ll post it here too.

Also this match up is the funniest I had in some time. A lot of good players out there.

Fun video, couldn’t help but root for you. Which I kinda feel a bit bad about since you’re fighting my people!

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Hey there T8. Im coming to fergs till transfer ppl on kain leave. Hope there is wvw going on most the day in T8. see yah guys on the killin fields

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

waow lol first couple minutes have been terrible. No one talks. People mindlessly attacking SM and getting pushed back to keep in EB. No one does a res or a stomp on downed people.

I hope its not always like this Fergs

in WvW

moutzaheadin.4029

waow lol first couple minutes have been terrible. No one talks. People mindlessly attacking SM and getting pushed back to keep in EB. No one does a res or a stomp on downed people.

Relax, take a breath. Ok there you go. Now not everyone is super ubar elite as you want them to be. Take the time while you visit to help some of the people around you become better. We seem to have got some newer players recently.

Then your time here will mean something.

Who are you again?

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

Yesterday we had an epic fight for Stonemist Castle, this was Ferguson’s Crossing’s little headquarters for our operation on Stonemist. The siege went really well and took a long time, I really enjoyed it, it’s been a while since I have been in a really good battle like that.

Attachments:

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Had a couple fun duels with an asura D/D Ele from ENVY last night (I was the human S/S Mesmer) around SM and Klovan with multiple resets and thieves on both sides butting in. I don’t think any of the actual duels ended decisively at all in favor of either of us, but it sure was fun. When you finally got caught (by presumably a million thieves) in front of SM it was definitely worth the /bow despite the hail of arrow cart fire I was standing under.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

Relax, take a breath. Ok there you go. Now not everyone is super ubar elite as you want them to be. Take the time while you visit to help some of the people around you become better. We seem to have got some newer players recently.

Who are you again?

commander from kaineng im not gona be commanding on ferg tho. Just here to chill

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

Who are you again?

commander from kaineng im not gona be commanding on ferg tho. Just here to chill

For someone looking to “chill” you sure were quick to point how terrible it is here. Given that your post is based on several minutes of being on a new server, it’s fairly asinine of you to give any kind of judgement about the overall play style of this server. You’ve already stated that you’re here temporarily due to a numbers issue, so do you really expect any other response?

If you’re goal is just to come here and chill for a few weeks, your post is really unnecessary.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

(edited by Skarloc.2569)

in WvW

Posted by: MiceElf.6897

MiceElf.6897

quote=1202734;Ashuri.1387:]Wow Ferg’s what happened to you? Did you guys suddenly choose to be dbags? I’m visiting ET for a week and was doing EB JP and you guys love ganging up on ppl there even when they respectfully bow. Especially that Charr from the guild SIKE. I’m so dissapointed, respect has been lost for some of you.[/quote]

It wasn’t always like this. We had a lot of influx of new guilds who have a different playing style and didn’t really care what our server culture was. We might be winning now, but at what cost?

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

wish they’d fix the server xfers because I’ve been on two servers in which that’s happened already mice

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

Had a weird instance tonight…. Was in Durios…Banner was up…defending when 1/2 my guards decided to turn against us… they went Red and started attacking? Anyone else seen this happen?

Oh and how many kitten guilds transfered to Sorrow’s recently? I have never seen them at 200+ Strength and suddenly they pushed us off EB….

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

dank.3680

Had a couple fun duels with an asura D/D Ele from ENVY last night (I was the human S/S Mesmer) around SM and Klovan with multiple resets and thieves on both sides butting in. I don’t think any of the actual duels ended decisively at all in favor of either of us, but it sure was fun. When you finally got caught (by presumably a million thieves) in front of SM it was definitely worth the /bow despite the hail of arrow cart fire I was standing under.

That’s me, I’m always up for dueling or w/e just send me a /w..

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.4391

Mouse.4391

Just held Red Lake Tower in SF border lands for a half hour with about 6 ppl defending.
Was a Blast!

Attachments:

Cyrus Snow Wolf – Engineer
Cyrus Snow Crusher – Guardian
[TAC] Tactical Terror -Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Leogolas.6941

I must say this has been a very fun week in this match up.
Ran around on my stealthy thief and have some good fight with other thieves and a asura Mesmer on SF .
Looking forward to more actions in the next few days.

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

The Mines of Eredon hold firm against the Sorrowful tide.

The Great Flame Ram Wall prevails.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Salzus.2098

Salzus.2098

What the hell happened to ET?

in WvW

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

Yesterday we had an epic fight for Stonemist Castle, this was Ferguson’s Crossing’s little headquarters for our operation on Stonemist. The siege went really well and took a long time, I really enjoyed it, it’s been a while since I have been in a really good battle like that.

Heyy I remember this lol. Great job with the siege weapon you guys. Can I just say, you guys would not give up. Everytime we take over EB, some Fergies would capture a supply camp and get our jimmies rustled.

Basic Banjo

in WvW

Posted by: Klaytax.7869

Klaytax.7869

Oh well…..At least one week of a even match up was good.
Was hoping for another, but looks like the transfers are in at SF.

Is That Blood? Are You Bleeding??
Tarnished Coast – Ranger Commander
[DUG] Down Under Gamers

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

What the hell happened to ET?

We lost a couple guilds (one was big into WvW) and a good leader. They switched servers and I won’t go into why but to be honest from what I was told I completely understand.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Whaaa?? O.o

The score as of this posting is currently:

SF: 164,806
FC: 145,723
ET: 97,322

If you compare that point spread with the point spreads of the other tiers, you’ll notice that this is still a relatively even match and SF is NOWHERE near dominating (if you want to see domination as a result of server transfers, look at those point spreads in tiers 5 and 6). (http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA)

I myself haven’t noticed much in the way of server transfers, but that’s not to say it hasn’t been happening. But I personally don’t think server transfers is playing much of a role in SF taking the lead as much as ET loosing even more WvWers (sorry to hear ET ). SF has always had the numbers to do well when they’re against one strong population server and one weak population server. Now that we’re not fighting a two-front war nearly as much, SF is able to cap more assets and put a lot more heat on FC. We also have a lot of “fair weather” players on our server. When the going gets rough in WvW, our players retreat to PvE. When the going gets good in WvW, our players decide that WvW is fun again and return to WvW. Also, I’ve been hearing stuff about a new alliance on SF that is trying to get our WvW organized and populated, which may be playing into things.

Just because SF has taken the lead doesn’t mean the match isn’t even anymore or that we’ve gotten an influx of server transfers. The point spread is still relatively competitive and there are plenty of other reasons that could explain the lead. If we start seeing a point discrepancy of hundreds of points, then we can start pointing the finger at server transfers.

Keep up the good fight and don’t let that morale dip!

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

dank.3680

Whaaa?? O.o

The score as of this posting is currently:

SF: 164,806
FC: 145,723
ET: 97,322

If you compare that point spread with the point spreads of the other tiers, you’ll notice that this is still a relatively even match and SF is NOWHERE near dominating (if you want to see domination as a result of server transfers, look at those point spreads in tiers 5 and 6). (http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA)

I myself haven’t noticed much in the way of server transfers, but that’s not to say it hasn’t been happening. But I personally don’t think server transfers is playing much of a role in SF taking the lead as much as ET loosing even more WvWers (sorry to hear ET ). SF has always had the numbers to do well when they’re against one strong population server and one weak population server. Now that we’re not fighting a two-front war nearly as much, SF is able to cap more assets and put a lot more heat on FC. We also have a lot of “fair weather” players on our server. When the going gets rough in WvW, our players retreat to PvE. When the going gets good in WvW, our players decide that WvW is fun again and return to WvW. Also, I’ve been hearing stuff about a new alliance on SF that is trying to get our WvW organized and populated, which may be playing into things.

Just because SF has taken the lead doesn’t mean the match isn’t even anymore or that we’ve gotten an influx of server transfers. The point spread is still relatively competitive and there are plenty of other reasons that could explain the lead. If we start seeing a point discrepancy of hundreds of points, then we can start pointing the finger at server transfers.

Keep up the good fight and don’t let that morale dip!

Well we went to nice even battles in EBG to SF having 100% EB and 50 ppl outisde our spawn all day, overnight. It’s not even anymore, don’t kid yourself.

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Well we went to nice even battles in EBG to SF having 100% EB and 50 ppl outisde our spawn all day, overnight. It’s not even anymore, don’t kid yourself.

Those are 50 people who would have been split between fighting ET and FC, but can now 100% concentrate on FC. SF had a good night the other night when we able to take advantage of ET’s weakness on EB and were able to make a solid push against FC to overtake the lead. But looking at the map control at this moment in time, it’s pretty much 1/3 across the board. And during evening hours PST, I’ve been observing SF getting up to 50% total WvW map control or a smidgy over (with FC dominating the remainder of the pie). If SF were the beneficiary of a bunch of server transfers and/or the match was completely uneven, we’d be able to achieve and maintain far more map control.

If these posts were coming from ET players, I would wholeheartedly agree that the match is no longer even for them (again, I’m really saddened to hear ET lost even more of their WvWers due to server transfers). But FC is still putting up a solid fight. The map control and scores between FC and SF are for the most part still relatively even. And there are plenty of good battles. That would not be the case if the match were completely uneven.

IIRC, there were a couple times when FC was able to completely overtake EB last week. But that didn’t mean FC got a ton of transfers in or that the match was completely uneven. FC just had the advantage at that specific point in time and overall, it was still an even match for the week.

Not saying that server transfers to SF wouldn’t impact the score, I just don’t think server transfers to SF (if we’re getting them) is having as much as an impact on this week’s score as ET’s loss in WvW population.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: Rowrin.3986

Rowrin.3986

So that people kinda understand the situation at ET:

Atm our server population is “High”, but just last week we were “Medium” so relatively speaking, we have fewer people. But besides that, our increased population is largely new players (like myself).

A lot of our experienced players are packing up and leaving the server. My old guild basically up and went to Kain 2 days ago, and the guild leader, after transfering, quit the guild, so that is a mess atm. Players may not be transfering to FC or SF, but a lot of them are transfering. This is largely out of frustration.

Our commanders that are still on the server rarely tag themselves because they cant get anyone to listen. Because we are losing a lot of good experienced players to transfers, we are left with a influx of new players, and lonewolf/bad players. Just last night we couldn’t even do breakout on Mendons in EB. Players wouldn’t build siege, wouldn’t help commanders take Speldan camp. We basically sat there for over an hour autoattacking the gate until SF’s zerg took the rest of EB and came back to wipe us. We couldn’t even get people together to hit SF-BL, FC-BL or our own borderlands because as soon as people rezed, they would run straight outside the gate towards Overlook and engage the 30 or so SF. We tried getting people to go around to hit supply camps instead, but it was like a magnet was pulling everyone in.

Now I’m sure every server suffers from this problem. Not everyone listens. I see a lot of the same when defending vs FC and SF. People wont build siege and I can tell people are not following directions just by watching how bad some fights go. (SF is kinda notorious for building rams under manned oil pots, at least from ET perspective) But on ET the problem is worse only because we don’t have enough people active in WvW and we are losing a lot of experienced players. Having 4-5 people doing the own thing/lonewolf and 4-5 people not following commanders’ directions isn’t bad, if you have 25+ people in a map. But when you have only 15 or so people it becomes impossible to do anything.

We can pull 20-30% of the map during the afternoon-lateafternoon. This is basically when the majority of our server is online. However, even these people are getting frustrated and transfering because despite their good effort (they try hard, follow commanders, succeed in taking the map back) we dont have the same quality of players show up a few hours later. Thus we just end up losing everything every evening and all their effort is in vain. Evening time (around when SF and FC get their nightly 30-40 players and start zerging the maps) we have around 15-20 people total (not counting the lonewolves that I cant see) and about half of these guys just kinda do their own thing. They are either new players who you just have to teach or don’t care in which case there is little you can do.

In my opinion, the situation at ET is just going to keep getting worse as more people get frustrated with poor performances, transfer causing poorer performance thus frustrating more people and getting them to leave. The only people that seem to be staying are those that want to hop into WvW, run around killing things for an hour and log off, which is pretty unfortunate (well besides our patient ET patriots xD). It seems that this cycle is almost impossible to break at this point, and likely it wont until we hit rock bottom with a completely new set of players, get our new players good experiences (not the current terrible performance we’ve had) and basically build up from scratch.

As a post script: We not only have a case of people-not-following-commanders but also this weird case of “if you are not a commander, I-will-not-follow-you.” Commanders atm have a hard enough time finding enough people to do anything, but good luck if you are not a commander trying to find a few people for camps. People are complaining that commanders wont tag themselves, yet if someone is looking to start a group to hit camps that isn’t a commander, they’ll get completely ignored, maybe even shunned.

/disapoint face :<

Edit: and literally immediately after posting this Anet announces they will be removing free transfers. That will certainly help since hopefully we’ll have more people willing to stay and build up the server instead of leave and making it worse.

(edited by Rowrin.3986)

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic.6047

Cosmic.6047

I can’t wait until the paid transfers are in place and guilds jumping to or from a server finally ends ( at least in the amount which happened lately ). It will be good for server stability and hopefully balance.