1/4/13 CD, IoJ, FA (Round 3)

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

IoJ doesnt have to prove anything, to ourselves or to our past opponents as far as skill or grit is concerned. We definitely don’t need to rely on some vague opinion from Niim. Be better off arguing about which flavor ice cream is the best. If you haven’t been on IoJ for the duration of the “GW2 Anabasis” that IoJ has experienced since September, you have no idea of the quality or determination of the core population. See you all in WvW.

Butter Pecan.

The even scores and the large numbers of people represented by them make it impossible for a rational person to say anything useful about the quality of the people or the skill of the players we are talking about. So, let’s go with what we know.

Butter Pecan is by far the best flavor ever invented, but close behind is Green Tea, and then a hearty chocolate. If I were to rate them it would be something like…

8.1 of ten, 8.0 of ten, and 7.9 of ten. Of course that’s respectively Butter Pecan, Green Tea, and Chocolate. There is no dispute. These are the best flavors. Except for the 6 flavors above these three which rate at anywhere between 8 and 9.6 on any given day. Depending on the weather, and whether there is pie served a la cart. Sometimes, the day of the week matters too.

But definitely butter pecan.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I totally agree. That’s why I found the video so amusing after some people from IoJ were talking about their “battle hardened warriors” , etc., blah and stuff. I think server pride is great, but it’s silly to pretend only one server has good players or suffered some purge of bads. And since that was the lingering thread direction I felt the need to chime in with a bit of supporting evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps if you bothered read the post instead of assuming it’s content, you’d see it had nothing to do with player skill, and that it was about “fair weather” players. No one claimed commitment and skill went hand in hand.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Aliases.8354

Aliases.8354

Just transferred to IoJ today with little to no knowledge about how and who you were facing, but I must say I will most likely be trying to play a bit more now seeing that my ex guild, is on the server we are going against. Good luck to you GoF, can’t wait to see you on the battlefield! Also who from IoJ wants to give a new transfer a guild

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

no one can really be objective = my ice cream analogy. I am sure every server has people who are proud of what they have done. However, no other server (period!) except IoJ can tell you what it is like to face T1 level opposition week in week out for MONTHS on end with a T3 population….. fight off up and coming servers over and over…… I don’t expect anyone to understand either. IoJ is simply a very different place than other servers, have to be here to understand it I guess.

I have been having fun in this matchup, because it is the first time in forever where we get to compete against anything close to our population. Refer to my point about opinions and ice cream if we are going to start talking about guilds, skill, who is the uber super dooper kings of WvW etc.

For Niim….I am the “bad” thief commander from FIST, and if you had 1 v 5’ed us (lol), I assure you I would have been the first person to post the video and congratulate you. Because I would have been impressed, as the only person I ever saw 1 v 5 successfully was Mjollnir from SoS on his guardian. If you were the thief who kept trying to kill me while we were camping Longview, I have to say you were not bad, and it was fun kiting you around, if I had a GC build you probably could have killed me once or twice, instead of you getting spiked when we were done playing with you.

As far as FIST vs all challengers goes…had some fun fights out there…. nothing new or special compared to other matchups…..and for all the tough guys who have something to prove…….open invitation is open! WvW is for fighting! Bring it! The tougher the opponent, the harder the fight, the better Armored FIST will get.

Regarding the Flashypants video…… If you guys knew Flashy you would know that his post was only meant in good spirits, I am sure everyone ( me , you, everyone) in the game probably has a cameo in somebody’s kill video by this point. No big deal.

Just try to have fun out there, even if we are the “bad guys”, its nothing personal.

Keep up the good match all! And btw, it’s just a fact that Mint Chocolate Chip is the best. ; D

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Hi All!!

Got another video for you

This one has a mix of both FA and CD, so hopefully nobody’s feathers will get ruffled.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Riddickk.7091

Riddickk.7091

All Im seeing is IOJ videos, any from FA/CD perspective? I know you guys got to have some epic fights on video….

Roddrickk-80 Asuran Warrior
Guild: Helioz

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

All Im seeing is IOJ videos, any from FA/CD perspective? I know you guys got to have some epic fights on video….

We let the scoreboard do the talking

Well.. i think its not our thing to record videos and show them on youtube, i have yet to find one myself

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

AoN had fun fighting the TL zerg tonight you guys are very organized, and make it hard for us. We had 7 tonight… next time we will have more. Watch out.

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Awesome fights today everybody!

Here is a brief section of the evening

Wouldn’t you be ashamed at posting this?

I mean, a party of 3 is focus firing one person and killing them. What’s the big deal in this video?

And it wasn’t even a clean fight, you ganked an ongoing fight to get most of the kills. If this is some measure of skill then I don’t get it tbh.

LOL

Do you also get upset when zergs melt smaller groups and post videos?

relax and have a laugh

PS are you from Fort Aspenwood?

CD.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

I just wanted to say that there were some epic fights today at IoJ borderlands, mainly at the Bay keep (Western one). It was CD’s LW and LaZy vs IoJ (mainly drgn) Anyways, it was lots of fun and zerg vs zerg. I was the LW Commander that rushed in and went 1v982459834765902. xD.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

I just wanted to say that there were some epic fights today at IoJ borderlands, mainly at the Bay keep (Western one). It was CD’s LW and LaZy vs IoJ (mainly drgn) Anyways, it was lots of fun and zerg vs zerg. I was the LW Commander that rushed in and went 1v982459834765902. xD.

Never forget.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: SirWar.7846

SirWar.7846

likewise Gismor it was a lot of fun that long second stalemate at the outer wall with siege on both sides was crazy. Anyone from both sides who entered the center was downed pretty fast.

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Props to the CD who were attacking Bay in their BL today.

FA took it early in the day, and the fight to retake it went on into the night (4+ hours).

The outer wall went down multiple times to more than just trebs.

Videos soon.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Team Dolyak [DOLY], hosts a weekly event known as the Yak Parade. It is a three-server wide celebration of Dolyaks and Fun. It is a nice break from the usual WvW business. You need to join the guild to get the time/date/location of that week’s event, and the guild provides free transformative tonics for those who want to transform into dolyaks or othersuch creatures.

Our goal is to make a loop around the entire map and then have an epic battle.

Here are some screencaps from our last, and very successful, Yak Parade:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/handymidgit/yakkington_zps2b5fdff8.jpg

We currently have no members from IoJ and only a few from FA. So I would like to encourage everyone to bring themselves and their guildies to the yak parade. All are welcome. If you require an invite, please send me a mail in game. My username is Ellehnia.

Bring your fireworks. Bring your booze. Turn into a dolyak and run freeeee! Free as the wiiiiind blows.

<3 Ellie

I’ll be there to farm Dolyak meat. PvP in a PvP zone.

You’ll have to face down a flock of plush griffons first!

couldn’t have said it better, you have no ioj members because we go to wvw to kill…not walk dress up as draft animals.

And that is probably the reason TC pushed you rout of tier two.

Probably definitely.

Really though, the Yak parade is a fun time to kitten off when the match is basically over. If there’s not a wider gap in the scores by the end of the week I could see wanting to keep playing seriously but with score out of the way all you’ve got is looking for challenging fights and scooping up loot bags. Buncha ruminants aren’t going to make for an interesting fight and you’re not going to get a lot of loot compared to actual fights where players will run back and die multiple times for you.

Which leaves the unlisted option: you’re actually into parades. See you there~

I’ve been leaving my settings too high to run video capture during any of the KH stomps. Some of the other members might be making something soon (I’d like to rewatch our lurking under the bridge last night before we took Anzalia’s out from under those golems.)

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Terror[TG] held hills for about 16 hours today, was a lot of fun sad to see it go to a golem ninja, Good fights out there coming from IoJ and FA hope to have more fun in this weeks match, Good luck everyone.

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

mwahahahah we got the waypoint up in bay twiddles evil mustache now for fortify keep

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

mwahahahah we got the waypoint up in bay twiddles evil mustache now for fortify keep

Phase Two is complete, Herr Doktor.

in WvW

Posted by: daocvet.3524

daocvet.3524

I would really not be patting myself on the back to much there slick, you guys really dont have much to be proud of, you guys cant gain any ground in CD bl unless you wait until we are fighting both realms at once and I dont mean just at more than one area, I am talking about FA and IOJ fighting side by side against our twrs and keeps. You can deny it all you want but I have witnessed it at our twr and garrison.

I personally feel embarrassed for both FA and IOJ that the only way they can have a chance at our SMC is to come with 7 golems and 20-30 man zerg at 5am CST and still failed!!!! We maybe had half of your numbers at that castle in case you were wondering. Plus you guys had peeps hitting CDbl garrison at the same time with a golem and that one also failed! I dont know what to tell you guys.

CD we have alot to be proud of tonight on both fronts of EB and CDBL. We held off impossible odds at the same time. FA and IOJ, you guys go ahead and keep hitting us cause we just getting more and more points off of it. IOJ better get their act together or they gonna have to trade in one christmas color for the other for next week at this point, well, that is, unless they drop to T4.

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Had a fun fight with a thief in the CD borderlands this evening. Was using pistol/dagger and just… kept constantly stealthing. Like literally would shot at me a bit, and then immediately go into stealth. Shoot for a bit, and then back into stealth. Only way I was able to win was by basically force the thief into stealth until he ran out of initiate/utilities. Took forever.

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I would really not be patting myself on the back to much there slick, you guys really dont have much to be proud of, you guys cant gain any ground in CD bl unless you wait until we are fighting both realms at once and I dont mean just at more than one area, I am talking about FA and IOJ fighting side by side against our twrs and keeps. You can deny it all you want but I have witnessed it at our twr and garrison.

And not at all like when we (IoJ) were in the midst of a 3 hour defense at Bay from CD and then FA takes the opportunity to golem-rush hills.

It happens. Put on your big girl panties and keep going.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

For Niim….I am the “bad” thief commander from FIST, and if you had 1 v 5’ed us (lol), I assure you I would have been the first person to post the video and congratulate you. Because I would have been impressed, as the only person I ever saw 1 v 5 successfully was Mjollnir from SoS on his guardian. If you were the thief who kept trying to kill me while we were camping Longview, I have to say you were not bad, and it was fun kiting you around, if I had a GC build you probably could have killed me once or twice, instead of you getting spiked when we were done playing with you.

You spiked someone else, after downing two of your group and them getting revives before I could stomp, I had to back off because the rest of the zerg arrived. SBD.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I like that IOH and FA are working together. Not only does it make the matchup more interesting, it keeps CD in a range where if we do take 1st we won’t be in a position to move up a tier, for which we’re clearly not ready. Being double teamed, will only make us stronger and prepare us for the chance we do move up a tier eventually.

It’s funny though since I was telling FA they should have worked with us for 2 weeks when this strategy could have helped both servers against the much larger TC. For whatever reason FA refused to work with us against TC. I wonder now if they’ve actually figured out that double teaming the 1st place server is a good strategy, or they’re just blindly attacking CD like they always do.

I also wonder what will happen if FA takes the lead. Will IOJ switch focus, and attack them?

Lastly CD, we really need to start realizeing when we’re wasting large amounts of man power in EB, that it might be a good idea to send some people back to help out our border land.

Can’t wait to see how the rest of this week plays out.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

You spiked someone else, after downing two of your group and them getting revives before I could stomp, I had to back off because the rest of the zerg arrived. SBD.

Man I don’t know how you were able to back off with that flag in your chest. Epic! : D I’m out there every night, come show us your leet skillz ! If I am impressed I might ask you to apply to FIST, becuase I could use a thief who effortlessly kills 5 mans in WvW.

(edited by Blrrgh.6908)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I personally feel embarrassed for both FA and IOJ that the only way they can have a chance at our SMC is to come with 7 golems and 20-30 man zerg at 5am CST and still failed!!!! We maybe had half of your numbers at that castle in case you were wondering. Plus you guys had peeps hitting CDbl garrison at the same time with a golem and that one also failed! I dont know what to tell you guys.

CD we have alot to be proud of tonight on both fronts of EB and CDBL. We held off impossible odds at the same time. FA and IOJ, you guys go ahead and keep hitting us cause we just getting more and more points off of it. IOJ better get their act together or they gonna have to trade in one christmas color for the other for next week at this point, well, that is, unless they drop to T4.

Wait, didn’t CD come 3rd in the first matchup IoJ v FA v CD? Or was that just from double teaming too? I’ll believe impossible odds when I see the outmanned buff on you guys – ever … I’d love it if you could provide footage/screenshot of a 30 man FA zerg at 5am CST. We’ve gained ground where we choose to gain it, it’s never been with IoJ’s help. Right now we are fighting massive force of ND (IoJ) and EsF (CD) forces in our own borderlands and we had to let go of your bay to defend it. I guess by your theory, you have ND to thank? Food for thought ..

P.S: I’ll never be embarrassed fighting for 1st and stomping your zergs. Posts like this just make it SO much sweeter. <3 from PRO

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Posted by: Rskippy.3620

Rskippy.3620

I personally feel embarrassed for both FA and IOJ that the only way they can have a 7chance at our SMC is to come with 7 golems and 20-30 man zerg at 5am CST and still failed!!!! We maybe had half of your numbers at that castle in case you were wondering. Plus you guys had peeps hitting CDbl garrison at the same time with a golem and that one also failed! I dont know what to tell you guys.

It is a game mate, and this forum is here for constructive talk not to sling off at the other servers we face off against so try keep it as such would you? And I am not sure where you are getting your info from? We didn’t throw a golem at garrison, I was heading up this “assault” and not once did I think we had the manpower to actually take it. In fact we set up a treb at dawn’s for Lols and left the borderland to recap stuff you guys nicked on Ioj border. Then we returned in time to defend dawns for the tick and fell back to Hills to waste 30 or more of your people’s time while we bunkered.

That being said I must commend those who attacked hills, really pulled out all the stops and gave us agreat fight, was really enjoyable.

(edited by Rskippy.3620)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I might be coming to FA next week!

team bunzy yeah!?

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

Stop with the double team talk. CD is doing well, yes. Nobody has denied that. But to come on here and say we’re double teaming you? I spend 90% of my time in IoJ BL defending against CD and FA, though mostly CD. FA only seems to pop up when CD is hitting us at Bay. Which is a smart tactic. It’s not double teaming.

It’s been a fun matchup so far, though frustrating at times here on IoJ. We have had a couple of defenses sabotaged by players ordering upgrades in the middle of a siege. We have guilds that defend a tower/keep, then just leave to another BL cause they’re bored. And then we get rushed by both CD and FA. But that’s the nature of WvW. Kudos to all the servers, let’s keep the fights going!

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

likewise Gismor it was a lot of fun that long second stalemate at the outer wall with siege on both sides was crazy. Anyone from both sides who entered the center was downed pretty fast.

Ermergerd yes! I accidentally stepped in there just to see what siege y’all were placing, and BOOM, I went down. I was all like " "

Overall oodles of fun, then you guys hit us at Fort Knox (aka Bluevale), Bluebriar, and the Bay. ’Twas impossible to counter all.

Great night, and a fun matchup so far!

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

In the CD Borderlands today, RET and BT worked together to take Bay.

4 hours later, we were still defending it. Reinforced walls went up, and CD attacked it time and again.

It had some amazing fights for the outer wall. Here’s one of them

(The first 2 minutes of this video is of RET retreating, because we don’t always win… but we withdraw like a proper guild should— Enjoy!)

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Man I don’t know how you were able to back off with that flag in your chest. Epic! : D I’m out there every night, come show us your leet skillz ! If I am impressed I might ask you to apply to FIST, becuase I could use a thief who effortlessly kills 5 mans in WvW.

Sorry, I do not join guilds that fail at the basics of reading.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

FA – wonderful tactic tonight. Getting the breakout event commander to attack the tower and distract us while you ninjaed Bay with 5 rams. How the hell did you get that up so fast with about 10 people?

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

And not at all like when we (IoJ) were in the midst of a 3 hour defense at Bay from CD and then FA takes the opportunity to golem-rush hills.

After we took bay from CD BL and managed to nail it down tight, we decided we’d see if we could hold 2 keeps so RET and GODS went to the IoJ BL and started building golems. When they were ready, we messaged BT (Still defending the CD BL Bay) to come to help. When we hit that door, it was 3 guilds with 5 minutes from start to finish. The blitz was perfect.

Immediately after, BT returned to CD BL to defend the Bay as planned.

Within 10 minutes of us holding Hills, IoJ’s zerg attacking the CD-held Bay did an ‘about face!’ and basically set fire to the place.

tl;dr: So no. FA and IoJ don’t team up. We just ended up spending more time on the CD BL because there was definitely a lot more interesting fights there. The IoJ Hills never held long enough for us to put a significant FA presence there

FA-held Bay in the CD BL, however, was held long enough to get a waypoint

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

This matchup is beyond perfect. The scores are all so close, even IOJ, who is last right now, has a good shot at 1st place. None of us has a chance of going up into T2 while the T2 servers won’t be dropping down any time soon. As for T4, DB is in the same position as TC in the past. They will win for sure but will not be moving up any time soon. In other words, we will be fighting each other for quite a while longer.

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

This matchup is beyond perfect. The scores are all so close, even IOJ, who is last right now, has a good shot at 1st place. None of us has a chance of going up into T2 while the T2 servers won’t be dropping down any time soon. As for T4, DB is in the same position as TC in the past. They will win for sure but will not be moving up any time soon. In other words, we will be fighting each other for quite a while longer.

If only, however the f’d up ELO/Glicko system will punish IoJ severely for not winning by 2 trillion points in every matchup below T1. We were losing double digits in rating even while we were winning. As much as it would be fun to hang out in T3 it just is not realistic if we do not win every week, and if we were able to win by the amount of points w need to stay afloat in rating it would not be fun for the other 2 servers. Lose/lose/lose situation.

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Score update anyone?
:)

in WvW

Hekatombaion.4320

The thing I find strange is how this is exactly how you could have demolished TC’s zergs. A difference is that it wouldn’t have worked quite so fast against them, so I’m a bit disheartened to see us doing what TC did but worse. I thought all that time we spent plummeting through tiers and clawing our way back up would get us more of the groups that just need a few players to sabotage the enemy or who role over their zergs with half as many players.

But it takes clear communication and that goes away as you get a lot of players. It takes discipline but once your elite 10-30 players gain enough infamy the guild recruits flow in too fast to get them all up to speed and soon you can just beat people with numbers anyway.

I don’t think they’re so much saying that getting attacked by both other teams is that big of a deal, but rather that we’ve been watching you ignore other maps for days while you have things like one server after our garrison and the other sitting at the other side of it not laying down siege so much as just blocking our players from getting in to defend, or having an idle FA zerg playing door blocker for an IoJ tower. Day after day both servers spend the same hours in our borderland and I see these kinds of weird moves from FA that just seem to be about stopping our pugs from fighting back against IoJ (after the FA zerg has been killed once or otherwise lost their forward momentum.) Maybe this is only the afternoon players but this looks as blatant as an alliance could get without trying to get the two zergs right next to each other on the field to swing their sticks at some gate.

It’s fun for the elite guilds since it just means more lootbags but it really castrates the pugs to see that the other servers are cease fire on each other like that.

I can see why FA would favor this- we’ve had a cycle of large scale retaliations where certain CD players decide to just stomp them down over some perceived slight, and presumably something similar on their end.

…except that I suspect there’s nothing like it on their end. They tend to roll around our borderland more often because it’s much easier to capture points there, and with server populations being what they are if they go to the other borderland as soon as they draw any attention most of the players on that server are going to show up in one big ball and demolish them for it- even if IoJ doesn’t send excessive numbers to deal with that FA is still probably conditioned to it from all that time spent against TC.

So the afternoon pugs on FA are stuck on whatever map was already going except on the occasion that GODS decides to do something else, but that guild seems to prefer CD border for the same reason the pugs do.
Note: Derv the Monkinator likes negotiating alliances with commanders on other servers for some reason, so some CD commander could probably get FA out of our border if they don’t have too much pride and really care more about points than dominating foes.

This means CD has largely been doing drive by shootings to FA that don’t impact the actual players that matter. If we want to do this hit squad thing to actually show them that they should spend some time on the IoJ border then we need some later-morning players to really abuse the FA map an decimate their infantry.

It is a week time of day for us as I hear it, and definitely not in the hours I play, so if anyone could send me some in game mail about commanders and guilds that are around at that time I’d love to give them a small arsenal to wreak mayhem with.

in WvW

Hekatombaion.4320

I also wonder what will happen if FA takes the lead. Will IOJ switch focus, and attack them?

No. You can’t really get a zerg to ninja something in IoJ BL before they’ve got defenders in it and their pugs actually know how to operate mortars. Seems like a small difference but the number of people they need to defend a tower is the same number where CD pugs decide it’s hopeless and run away (or just try to duck in and out of the door portals until they get locked down and killed pointlessly.)

Because of this kind of thing if you were to attack every point on their map simultaneously (around 3 times as many people attacking as they needed to just see every important direction + sit on the key siege,) IoJ could still have a big enough offense group to go take all the camps and possibly both towers with some of our pugs defending them.

Trebuchets are generally the factor that stops a small group from holding an built up tower against anything less than the entire server worth of players bearing down on it.
On CD we seem to think that the quartermaster upgrades are all there is to beefing up a tower so we regularly let all the arrows carts and ballista time out, as if we can always afford to just built them straight out of the tower supply depot.

Given how little we focus on defense it’s generally not worth the trouble to ration tower supply, since we’re just going to lose it as soon as they catch on that we took the defenders out, but it shouldn’t be like that.

Note: our server seems a bit short on elementalists but those of you that are in WvW should block trebuchet shots all-the-kitten time. I’m a bit dumbstruck when I go to maps where we’re under heavy pressure and there aren’t any elementalists actively denying trebuchet operators.
Plus for the long shots like garrison-to-bay you could be down there blocking shots until they zero in on guards and then let them trebuchet an NPC thinking they are hitting a wall until they actually send somebody over to check on it. That kind of thing feels great but nobody ever explores those kinds of uses for their skills.

If only, however the f’d up ELO/Glicko system will punish IoJ severely for not winning by 2 trillion points in every matchup below T1. We were losing double digits in rating even while we were winning. As much as it would be fun to hang out in T3 it just is not realistic if we do not win every week, and if we were able to win by the amount of points w need to stay afloat in rating it would not be fun for the other 2 servers. Lose/lose/lose situation.

Why would you think that managing a 30k lead over the other servers should mean you are fit enough for the next tier? Why would you think even having a 50k lead over the other servers would mean that you don’t belong in your current tier?

If there’s not some exodus of players off of a server above you then to get into the next tier you need to be better than the server that last moved up there. You need to be better than a server that had 100k leads over you for a month or lead you by 200k points at least two weeks in a row. To move up you need to be better than a server that pushed you out of your home borderland time and time again.

Just look at the matchup for tier two for a moment and recognize that TC is in third place. This is the server that made both FA and CD whine like a kitten because they outnumbered us even when we had a queue and we really knew that they had exactly as many players on the map as we did. This is the server that only needed one guild to decide to obliterate FA all week long because some guild they had never seen before set up a ballista to butcher some yaks that were shooting off fireworks.

You think that by being so much less powerful than them that you deserve to be above them in the ranking? That there aren’t gaps just as wide in the level of competition between ever tier?

Or do you just not think before you complain? If I’ve hit the nail on the head there then you’re like most people on forums, but hopefully you learned something just now.

Score update anyone?
:)

Attachments:

(edited by Hekatombaion.4320)

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

If we want to do this hit squad thing to actually show them that they should spend some time on the IoJ border then we need some later-morning players to really abuse the FA map an decimate their infantry.

This is the exact opposite to what you should do if you want FA to visit IoJ BL more often. In fact, for a couple of weeks CD tended to favour attacking FA BL, so our natural response was to return the favour.

To be honest, one of the reasons some of us go to CD BL is because IoJ is already there. If CD went to IoJ BL more often we’d probably do the same on IoJ.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

There is no double teaming going on! There is no secret alliance! Here’s how it works:

CD is currently winning. FA and IoJ are not playing for 2nd. We are all playing for first. How to get there? Put pressure on #1. Congratulations, you just figured out WvW!! If we’re not attacking FA, or vice versa, it’s because we’re trying to cut your lead down. This was the way 3way fights are supposed to be played. And it’s been fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Araliun.5024

Araliun.5024

So guilds of IoJ and FA … ready to transfer to CD and take it to the next Tier? We have our sights set on Tier 2. Perhaps you do as well. SO maybe it’s time for a little server hopping. Message me if interested in discussing.

Leader – The IMPERIUM of LaZy NATION
lazyimperium.com

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah… i’m foreseeing this match up will last at least another 3 round, unless there is major WvW guild transfer in/out……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

There was no double team. It was hillarious how FA’s came to hit IOJ’s zerg at dawn’s (CD was defending the tower) and CD cleared them both. CD was clearly outnumbered by each server’s zerg lol.

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I and the small guild I’m a part of (usually a 4 or 5 man) have been exclusively playing on IoJ borderland trying to hold a defense. Sadly, IoJ in general and the larger, zerg-ier guilds, such as DRGN in particular, seem to be completely allergic to proactively defending most days, so it’s always a struggle just to keep camps capped and siege refreshed.

in WvW

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

I and the small guild I’m a part of (usually a 4 or 5 man) have been exclusively playing on IoJ borderland trying to hold a defense. Sadly, IoJ in general and the larger, zerg-ier guilds, such as DRGN in particular, seem to be completely allergic to proactively defending most days, so it’s always a struggle just to keep camps capped and siege refreshed.

Well for one Drgn usually does jump back to IoJ if its in trouble….in fact we did it tonight. We left CD bl because bay was being trebbed by CD so we came in and cleaned up, while this was going on FA ninjed hills and drgn when and took it back before the tick. Drgn is usually the guild that responds to IoJ bl when its in trouble.

That being said, have the BL in trouble means a large invader force. with fully upgraded keeps you should need a larger guild to come in and save the day, they are put to better use in the other BL’s getting us points.

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Had a lot of fun tonight in EB, from destroying the well placed mortar sniping at our walls on IoJ’s fort, to defending SMC’s northern half from the endless zergs of FA rangers, necros, and mesmers. Well played everybody, have a fun week, for I’m stuck working until Friday morning. Hopefully we’ll have a round 4.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Kincadia,
I took Dragon out of IOJ the other night thinking it was safe and it wasn’t. It’s not a trend it was a one time mistake. Perhaps you left after we lost those keeps, but I apologized immediately when I realized what happened (we were there for the loss, and some of our guildies helped take back both later that night).

Let’s keep the drama low, or you’re fired.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Waking.6052)

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

Why would you think that managing a 30k lead over the other servers should mean you are fit enough for the next tier? Why would you think even having a 50k lead over the other servers would mean that you don’t belong in your current tier?

If there’s not some exodus of players off of a server above you then to get into the next tier you need to be better than the server that last moved up there. You need to be better than a server that had 100k leads over you for a month or lead you by 200k points at least two weeks in a row. To move up you need to be better than a server that pushed you out of your home borderland time and time again.

Just look at the matchup for tier two for a moment and recognize that TC is in third place. This is the server that made both FA and CD whine like a kitten because they outnumbered us even when we had a queue and we really knew that they had exactly as many players on the map as we did. This is the server that only needed one guild to decide to obliterate FA all week long because some guild they had never seen before set up a ballista to butcher some yaks that were shooting off fireworks.

You think that by being so much less powerful than them that you deserve to be above them in the ranking? That there aren’t gaps just as wide in the level of competition between ever tier?

Or do you just not think before you complain? If I’ve hit the nail on the head there then you’re like most people on forums, but hopefully you learned something just now.

[/quote]

You missed my point completely. Also, there isn’t anything in my comment about moving up in rating. The rest of your response to me is basically a ramble about FA and CD outnumbering you,( which is amusing to say the least. CD slightly outnumbers IoJ, and we outnumber FA somewhat, off of their peak times) and “who deserves what”.
Try to take the time to read and understand what is written.
I’ll decipher my comment for you: T3 is a good matchup for IoJ, but we are probably going to drop further down in ranking even if we win, which means the system is bonkers. This is not news anyway, the ranking system is designed for static entities, not GW2 servers with radical population shifts every 3 weeks.

in WvW

Hekatombaion.4320

There is no double teaming going on! There is no secret alliance! Here’s how it works:

CD is currently winning. FA and IoJ are not playing for 2nd. We are all playing for first. How to get there? Put pressure on #1. Congratulations, you just figured out WvW!! If we’re not attacking FA, or vice versa, it’s because we’re trying to cut your lead down. This was the way 3way fights are supposed to be played. And it’s been fun!

Except that that doesn’t happen. We’d have had a split this even if CD and FA had hit TC any of those weeks. We’d have had a very even split if FA had pressured the lead when IoJ was in 1st. We had an uneven split this week with CD taking a wide lead (for Friday) but both servers have spent a majority of their time in our borderland and stopped that gap from growing.

Kind of a significant difference, and very striking for the people that wanted this to happen against TC. What’s clear is that “fighting for 1st/2nd” are not the motivators that actually set up who gets attacked.

I’d still agree that it’s (at least mostly) not any kind of arranged double team. More of a path of least resistance thing.

-

Another thought on FA retaliating: at least with what KH does to the stuff you hold you’re not really managing to retaliate against us. Maybe in a “I’m going to beat up your little brother” way.

We’re kind of a small target only having the death ball going during prime time a few nights a week. Tighten up your game to try and match us on those nights if you want revenge I guess…
No. I just don’t think the FA and IoJ guilds can pull that off. The way that KH rolls over you it too different from how you play on our off days. Your only viable option is going to be to find out dedicated members that run gank squads and roll upgrades around the maps, but picking them off with a zerg is probably too unproductive for your actual score.

Well for one Drgn usually does jump back to IoJ if its in trouble….in fact we did it tonight. We left CD bl because bay was being trebbed by CD so we came in and cleaned up, while this was going on FA ninjed hills and drgn when and took it back before the tick. Drgn is usually the guild that responds to IoJ bl when its in trouble.

That being said, have the BL in trouble means a large invader force. with fully upgraded keeps you should need a larger guild to come in and save the day, they are put to better use in the other BL’s getting us points.

I get the impression that by proactive defense they mean more than coming in during the hour of darkness to clean up the home map.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

logged on to see FA at +85
we must’ve botched something really bad for this to happen o.O

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

logged on to see FA at +85
we must’ve botched something really bad for this to happen o.O

Whats CD and IoJ on?