1 Week Transfers are too long.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I think a better time frame would be 3 days. This game is slowly dying and you can see the population decreasing over time. With less population people are going to want to move to those with a higher population and more people to play with. As it stands at the moment if you go to a server that is dying/dead you are going to be in for a very lonely week by yourself.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

If you want to move from a less populated server to high populated, I see no difference between 1 week and 3 days, as it’s supposed to be a rather permanent move.
And then 1 week before being able to jump to the next isn’t bad.

In fact, I think 1 week is way too low still.

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Game is dying? News to me.

Populations always decrease after a game launches. Perfectly normal, and best of all, expected.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Viruzzz.8746

Viruzzz.8746

Well, apparently the game is dying. I read it on the official forums, so it must be true!

The fact that they even allow you to transfer for free is amazing, a day, a week or a month restriction on it is completely fair.

The game is definitely not dying, It’s just gotten over the launch bump, every game goes through this.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Ahh a ‘the game is dying’ post. No it isn’t, join a good guild and/or do some research before you move to another server.

Should be once a month, minimum.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: shindoras.3641

shindoras.3641

In my opinion it’s far too often. If they’ll let the transfer at 1 week and also the matches in a 1 week rotation, than you have to get a bann for wvwvw from at least 2 weeks. As i think it over it should be a bann which moves around 1 month.
With this high banns from WvWvW it’s possible to get a certain balance in player numbers for WvWvW and stop the hopping to the winners site.

in WvW

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

1 week is too short, we need longer period to stop bandwagoning.

Stop running and start fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Skydda.3192

Skydda.3192

Honestly? I’m happy the new “once in 7 days” rule prevented another user from fleeing a sinking ship.

No offense, Bunzy, but I don’t think you should leave your server because activity is a little low, but rather work on re-activating people’s spirits

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I guess this is why ArenaNet held off on making transfers 7 days. It was inevitable that some kitten was going to start a QQ thread about it. Can’t wait till they close transfers…..

You’ve had how long to prepare??

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

Oh no, I guess I won’t be able to server hop and screw things over everywhere every 24 hours!

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: JAX.8347

JAX.8347

They should be longer cool downs on Xfers like 2 weeks or a month until it costs $$ to move.

————

Ruin on Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: flyro.6083

flyro.6083

Make it 3 days but cost’s $25 and you got a deal!!

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Populations always decrease after a game launches. Perfectly normal, and best of all, expected.

I read the same sentence in the Swtor forum one year ago xD

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

that game had so many more issues than gw2 does. plus there was the sub. gw2 is free so people can come and go. Im sure people will come back when the Nov event starts. Plus we all have to keep in mind that a lot of other games have come out lately, and Black Ops 2 next week, so we’re probably gonna see a drop in population for a few weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

next thing you know 24 hour transfers are “Too Long” Also……..

tbh, Im glad they done 1 week transfers (I’m hoping 1 month transfers, and in the future to see paid transfers to stop bandwagoning).

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Impressive, it wasn’t even out yet at this time last year :p

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

The height of the population per server was during the holloween event so I wouldnt say the game is dying
transfers should be 30 day free 7 day pay

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

It should be 30 days for 25$, or 3 days and a 30 day lockout from WvW which can be cumulative.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

I think a better time frame would be 3 days. This game is slowly dying and you can see the population decreasing over time. With less population people are going to want to move to those with a higher population and more people to play with. As it stands at the moment if you go to a server that is dying/dead you are going to be in for a very lonely week by yourself.

It really only hurts the crossrealmers for WvW. Pver’s, it doesn’t affect nearly as much since it takes about a week to truly figure out if a server is alive in zones that you or me care about.

IMO the week long lockout is too short, it should be 1 month. If you haven’t figured out what your server is and how it suits your needs, then that is a problem that you won’t find a solution to until you personally change.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

in WvW

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

I guess we better go ahead and combine servers while primetime wvw queues are 3+ hours long.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

It’s still too short.

we had a guild leave our server after fighting with us that week. fight against us AND then rejoin in the same week to fight with us again. just no

Longevity is in community and a sense of us v them

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Xorn.6079

Xorn.6079

well, the best way is put restriction on joining wvw matches to whoever transferred to another server. maybe like block the player from joining WvW for 7 days after server transfer. And shorten the cooldown for free server transfer for 3 days. Everyone happy, no exploits.

Character : Xorn Crossfire (Engineer)
Guild : Organization Zero (Zero)
World : Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

make all payed transfers exept to lower populated servers

in WvW

Posted by: Xorn.6079

Xorn.6079

And the funny thing is this thread is inside WvW section. want to shorten the cooldown so can exploit more? lol

Character : Xorn Crossfire (Engineer)
Guild : Organization Zero (Zero)
World : Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: chris.1850

chris.1850

The problem is people changing servers more often than their underwear, always moving to the win servers, until they are totally overcrowded. 1 week isn’t nearly enough, make it 1 month to stop losers killing this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

server xfers needs to be longer out. Like 2-3 weeks instead of 1 week.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

one week is not even enough if people would stop moving around we wouldn’t have that problem

We’re out of chicken

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Tranfsers should only be allowed every 60 days and cost $10 to move in my opinion; unless it’s from a high to low population server.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Too short. 30 to 60 days. Or, if you want every day, transfer every 24 hours but you are banned from WvW for 30 days max each time.

EDIT: Stay on your server and build a community. Transferring to improve your WvW game is really just taking advantage of a good feature put in this game for PVE players. Learn to lose. Learn to win graciously. Quit watching the score and just play the game.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Scrapping free transfers like they originally planned would be best.

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Transfers should be every 2-3 days for PvE

Transfers should be locked out of WvW for 1+ week

PvE people are happy, PvP people are happy

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Dont see the logic here or where you got the game is dying. I see new people everyday, just like I’ve seen people quit. Sure pop always decreases a few months after launch that is normal.

And if you are going to transfer from a server that is supposedly dying to a higher pop server, do you really need to do it once every 3 days? even if the game is dying that’s more than you’ll ever need. It is probably the other way around; people are jumping from servers to servers that some servers die one week, and get a population surge in the other…because transfers can be done way too soon.

So you are seeing population decrease due to transfers not due to the game dying. Of course a simple solution is to transfer to one of the top servers, or transfers to one of the servers that has a loyal population that do not quit when they lose and come back when the server is winning. Personally I have settled with Yaks Bend since it’s the only non-full server I have been on that has a big, strong loyal population that never quits.

in WvW

Posted by: Grey.7862

Grey.7862

I’d rather have a 7 day lockout of WvW. Seeing that this game has no subs it’s just a matter of them really fixing thing for people to come back. I wish they would realize that there is quite a bit more stock in WvW and plan changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

This is the first week I’ve not seen blowouts in scores (400k+ vs <50k). The only teams not making 100k this week are HD and ET which is a shame but forum discussion reported server transfers severely affecting those servers.

The ladder looks much more stable with only a little bit of movement in the middle. This gives a good indication that introducing 7 day transfers has made a positive improvement.

I’m still not completely convinced that 7 days is enough to stop major movements between servers. Fortnightly to monthly transfers would give even more stability to WvWvW. As stated above, a lock out period for WvW after transfers would be a good deterrent for avid WvW players and still allow PvE players to play on the same server.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Impala.4952

Impala.4952

If you transfer to a new server you’re going to want to leave it within 7 days? That’s hard to believe unless you’re blindly picking servers out of a hat or you have other reasons for wanting a lower wait time you’re not telling us. It should require at least a 1 month wait and have to pay after the 1st one.

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I expected people saying GW2 is dying earlier tbh. But it’s not, 1 week is fine. ^-^

in WvW

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Sooo many mixed opinions, some people want to transfer within a day, some every 7 days, some every 28 days… I can only imagine how tough for Arenanet making changes to a game would be…

I guess you just hope that MOST people would be happy.

Then again, on the forums, the minority cry out the loudest!

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Fix guesting, put a cooldown on entering WvW after transfering, and make transfering paid.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Impressive, it wasn’t even out yet at this time last year :p

Nearly one month :/

Anyway, the pop of serv french seem to having a big drop :/

it came out november 11th. beta testing=/=game release.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

You misspelled short.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

The longer you put the transfer time the more people will flock to the winning servers. You think if they made it 30-60 days people would even try a low pop server? No they wouldn’t they would go for all the top tier servers. I guess that’s what I am going to have to do in order to have people to play with. I guess to the winning servers we go……. If they made it 3 days I would be willing to try other low pop servers in order to find a group of people to play with, however i am not waiting one week.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Ezkeal.7589

Ezkeal.7589

In my opinion they needt o start charging for transfers. If your not on a server your comfortable with yet then you got bigger issues.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

No, if anything, make it once a month. If you’re changing servers more than once a month there’s something wrong, or you failed to do any forum research beforehand.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

No, if anything, make it once a month. If you’re changing servers more than once a month there’s something wrong, or you failed to do any forum research beforehand.

Agreed. Once a week still allows too much ‘farming’ which is all that’s really going on. Major guilds are still server hopping and influencing Wv3 matchups too much.

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: Ceribis.8104

Ceribis.8104

The longer you put the transfer time the more people will flock to the winning servers. You think if they made it 30-60 days people would even try a low pop server? No they wouldn’t they would go for all the top tier servers. I guess that’s what I am going to have to do in order to have people to play with. I guess to the winning servers we go……. If they made it 3 days I would be willing to try other low pop servers in order to find a group of people to play with, however i am not waiting one week.

Yes, because everyone will flock to the top tier servers to play the queue game instead. Limiting transfers stabilizes the population on servers. Just because you need to transfer constantly to find a “good” server doesn’t mean it’s right for everyone. Find a guild and people to play with. It takes longer than 3 days to evaluate a server anyway.

Keeghan – Sylvari Mesmer – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Fallensbane.8420

Fallensbane.8420

I am really hoping they keep this free transfer BS going for another month or two. I am hoping after a few more losses the only ones left on my server will be me, the cricket and that one creepy guy…

Get rid of the free transfers already anet. The population flux ever week or two is getting seriously irritating.

80 Ranger • 80 Necromancer • 80 Guardian • 80 Mesmer • 80 Engineer
[SAnD] of Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

I just realised I am going to miss getting ~60 badges a day from jumping puzzles.

Day 1

Do jumping puzzles on all 4 maps
Find and join a dominant server
Do jumping puzzles on all 4 maps

BONUS: New build available, do jumping puzzles on all 4 maps again! xD

Day 2

Repeat

snifflez

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.