1 up 1 down question

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Exhale.9463

Exhale.9463

Is reset based off the victory points? Or the total score from the old days? I don’t understand how reset works with the new 1 up 1 down thing, or at least what it’s going off of.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

1 up 1 down is based off victory points.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

BG gets an automatic 1 up. It’s written into the code.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

Why did HoD move up to tier 3 instead of Dragonbrand? Didn’t DB win tier 4 pretty handily last matchup?

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Maybe I missed something?
In T4… DB came in first… HoD came in 2nd…
After reset DB is still in T4 but HoD is in T3…

?????

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If DB had been placed in T3 like they were supposed to be based on score it would’ve made 9 servers fighting in 1 tier, maybe that was too much for the servers to handle? Or, maybe the ghost maps last week caused servers to win that didn’t actually win? Or maybe someone sneezed and jabbed at a keyboard and punched HOD to move up instead of DB? Or..blah I dunno, I’m gonna kick my own kitten this week in one capacity or another and try to have fun while doing so, it’s not like both CD and HOD will move down this next week because that’s not how it works…

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

(edited by HazyDaisy.4107)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: SachiKoAsuna.7058

SachiKoAsuna.7058

things didn’t work as said though

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Ciriaco.9863

Ciriaco.9863

LOL okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Crissy Bear the Thief
Best female Norn thief with a bear hat NA

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Why all the servers have a predictable color in the new match?

Server, that drop from tier, will get a green color in the new match.

Server, rising to a new tier, in a new match will get a red color.

And blue color for who remains in tier.

Yes, so I will be stuck with the DBL for another few weeks – great.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Djamonja.6453

Does Anet have any comment on why 1 up 1 down didn’t work correctly for tier 4 —> tier 3 this past reset?

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Jana.6831

Does Anet have any comment on why 1 up 1 down didn’t work correctly for tier 4 —> tier 3 this past reset?

What didn’t work?
We were 5 and predicted our next matchup correctly, so I guess everything went down as planned.
ETA: Or maybe you’re talking about NA – no clue about their MU’s.

(edited by Jana.6831)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Djamonja.6453

Yes, I’m talking about NA.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

was not in t4 so don’t know the answer, but did you look within game or mos.millenium.org? Mos.mellenium has been wrong since skirmish scoring. it is sort of close, but almost always off by a few points.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

So does anyone know what DB/HoD/SoS warscore was last match v’s the match points? Because DB seemed to have won the match points, but did they win the war score?

Just interested because what I thought was 1up1down didnt happen.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m not sure the Anet dev is looking at replies to this topic since the topic question was answered. A new thread might be in order to specifically ask about DB and bring better visibility to the issue. I thought DB won too and should have moved up.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: CheckPlease.2631

CheckPlease.2631

was not in t4 so don’t know the answer, but did you look within game or mos.millenium.org? Mos.mellenium has been wrong since skirmish scoring. it is sort of close, but almost always off by a few points.

I did not check before reset, however right now for T3, the scoring is spot on.

I do remember looking at who was in first, second and third, and HoD was in second so we should have stayed in T4, and not moved up to T3.

The only thing I can think of, is ANet “fixed” the scoring for the skirmishes that had those ghost maps, and it didn’t reflect in the scoring.

(edited by CheckPlease.2631)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The only thing I can think of, is ANet “fixed” the scoring for the skirmishes that had those ghost maps, and it didn’t reflect in the scoring.

That’s possible! There was incorrect score being given when objectives were flipping colors too.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

So does anyone know what DB/HoD/SoS warscore was last match v’s the match points? Because DB seemed to have won the match points, but did they win the war score?

When I last looked at 11pm or midnight night last Thursday, DB was some 20 victory points ahead, just as they were ahead most of the week. I’ll admit, I did not look on Friday though.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

It did not happen. DB had in fact won and HoD came in second.
I don’t remember the exact scores but I can tell you DB came in first with a decent lead.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Jana.6831

Come to think of it: Did you have a look at the skirmishes won or the score? I think the 1 up 1 down goes for skirmishes won and they don’t always show up in the score as well (strongest server usually has got most points and skirmishes).

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

We are looking into this.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: foxof.8752

foxof.8752

victory points : http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/skirmish/4060
1st Dragonbrand +Kaineng, Darkhaven
1st 2nd 3rd Victory points
57 17 9 380
2nd Sea of Sorrows +Borlis Pass
11 40 32 311
3rd Henge of Denravi +Sorrow’s Furnace
15 26 42 305

warscores: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/35 – week 26
Dragonbrand 589 267
Sea of Sorrows 479 067
Henge of Denravi 517 793

HOD victory point is 3rd, went to Tier 3

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Fridgemomo.3750

Fridgemomo.3750

You can’t look at Mos.Millenium last week. It was having issues connecting to the data and got completely thrown off. Look at T1 here http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/skirmish/4057, it had YB taking 2nd and JQ taking 3rd and the results were opposite. So if you are looking at Mos.Mellenium for your matchup this week it would be wrong. You would have to look at scores in game for correct matchups.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

BG gets an automatic 1 up. It’s written into the code.

That’s how we roll yo…

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Chaba.5410

You would have to look at scores in game for correct matchups.

Not sure even the in-game scores could be trusted though. The game was randomly flipping colors on objectives and counting those objectives towards the wrong server’s score.

Chaba Tangnu

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

It’ll straighten out this next reset…hopefully…

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

We are looking into this.

Thank you, hopefully we all get to find out why it happened .

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

A bug potentially affecting the last tier during 1-up/1-down matchmaking has been found, and a fix has been submitted. Until that fix can make it to the live game, we’re returning to the previous style of Glicko sort-and-shuffle. The change will first be noticed with this Friday’s reset.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Deng. That didn’t last long.
Way to ruin everything for the rest of us, T4.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Please try to get 1 up 1 down up and running again. No one likes glicko

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Raymond Lukes

Previous

Raymond Lukes

Gameplay Programmer

Next

1 up 1 down will return once the bug fix makes it to live.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Djamonja.6453

Thanks, hopefully the RNG won’t be too crazy this reset

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Give Vabbi FSP in case fsp loses their matchup, please Don’t wanna dodge them on our way up because of this, its pretty big of a deal.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

u.u;; pls fix 1 up 1 down is best

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

1 up 1 down will return once the bug fix makes it to live.

Raymond,

Is it possible to manually do the 1-up-1-down until the bug is fixed which is keeping it from functioning automatically?

It would be greatly appreciated if you can do this manually. I’m in the T4 NA match up, and the winner could come down to the last skirmish on the last day!

Please help us Crown a Victor and allow that victor to ascend properly from the Bowels of WvW NA!

Thank you for your consideration!

Attachments:

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Please help us Crown a Victor and allow that victor to ascend properly from the Bowels of WvW NA!

Except Dragonbrand is only in T4 due to random shuffling. Based on rating, DB is 8th, TC is 10th, and SoS is 12th. You should have been facing HoD this week, not DB.

1-up-1-down has never actually been used. They should start with a week that’s based on pure rating with no random shuffling and then run 1-up-1-down starting at the end of that week.

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Except Dragonbrand is only in T4 due to random shuffling. Based on rating, DB is 8th, TC is 10th, and SoS is 12th. You should have been facing HoD this week, not DB.

1-up-1-down has never actually been used. They should start with a week that’s based on pure rating with no random shuffling and then run 1-up-1-down starting at the end of that week.

Alas you are right, my friend…

DB was cast down into The Pit by the cruel and wicked sisters – Chance & Fate! But… I’m so glad it happened! >:) DB and TC have been a blast to battle against!

And I agree with you… proper tier grouping should be put into place first before the 1-up-1-down. I really hope we get to try this out soon more.

(Edit… I guess it was in place for 1 week, so says another thread :P)

Cheers!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

This friday Northern Shiverpeaks (NA) moved up 1 tier even though we came in second place last matchup… Henge of Denravi should have moved up 1 if it was working properly. Glicko must still be active atm.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Yep…NSP here, too…it’s obvious 1-up 1-down has not been fixed yet, and it’s a good week to take off and do something else because the other two servers in our current matchup are trolling us hard.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Chaba.5410

it’s obvious 1-up 1-down has not been fixed yet

They didn’t say it was. There’s been no patch to live related to a fix so matchmaking on Friday was based on Glicko, as they said we should expect.

Chaba Tangnu

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Is there any news about this?
Wouldn’t it be obvious to have Tiered MUs as they stand, prior to the week you bring back one up/one down?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Anyone have predictions for tonight? I’m not totally sure on how this will work.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Since there hasn’t been news of a patch to address the bug fix, I assume we’ll still be going with Glicko for today’s reset, which means it’s mostly based on ranking, but with a random element as well.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Since there hasn’t been news of a patch to address the bug fix, I assume we’ll still be going with Glicko for today’s reset, which means it’s mostly based on ranking, but with a random element as well.

Ok ty.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

So do bug fixes happen on Reset for wvw today or not until patch days?

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

This bug fix will be in the next patch.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So will there be an official announcement about glicko or will anet just expect players to trawl through the threads to find this info?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Please scrap 1 up 1 down as soon as possible, it is terrible. It puts the player incentives in all the wrong places with the result being 5 of the 6 servers in Tier 1 & 2 at any given time are trying to come in third.

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Please scrap 1 up 1 down as soon as possible, it is terrible. It puts the player incentives in all the wrong places with the result being 5 of the 6 servers in Tier 1 & 2 at any given time are trying to come in third.

I dunno…Mag seems to be happy not trying so hard to PPT…

1 up 1 down question

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The fix for 1 up 1 down went out with this release. So this Friday we will be using 1 up 1 down again.