1 up 1 down

1 up 1 down

in WvW

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

Why hasn’t this been implemented yet?

Those unfamiliar with this concept its where the match-ups are divided into its own bracket. The winning server that week goes up a bracket, the losing server goes down a bracket, and the 2nd place server stays.

With RNG as the current system, servers are getting match-ups against servers 8 ranks above them. I doubt anyone thinks thinks that is fun at all for either server. The higher tier server just gets a free Karma/ WxP train and the lower tier server gets the short end of the stick.

With the League system coming up its going to be worse. The lowest tier server is guaranteed to roll a server 12 ranks above them. I can tell you that neither server is going to have much fun at all in WvW for that week. The lower tier server is just going to have to wait it out for another week and hope the next roll will be enjoyable. You know something is wrong if you have people saying “I cant wait till Friday maybe we will roll a FUN match-up”

1 up and 1 down method groups servers around its equal rank. It will also give the “winning” server a sense of accomplishment and awarded with going to the next bracket to take on more challenging match-ups. the only servers this wont effect much is the top 2 and the bottom 2 servers but im sure they don’t mind as their WvW experience will still be ENJOYABLE.

I just wanted to bring up an old concept. WvW should be enjoyable EVERY week and not get these shafted match-ups.

/end of rant

1 up 1 down

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Actually if a tier 1 were vs a tier 8, the tier 1 would make less karma as most of the time there’s nothing to flip.

1 up 1 down

in WvW

FooDang.2498

Actually if a tier 1 were vs a tier 8, the tier 1 would make less karma as most of the time there’s nothing to flip.

True but your missing the point of my post. Niether server is going to enjoy that match-up for a whole week.

1 up 1 down

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

this topic has already been answered several times, use the search function or click Devon Carters name to find the quote or explaination, in fact you dont even need an actual answer rather an objective look at the 1 up and 1 down system

1 up 1 down

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

THey are sort of doing this but on the scale of the leagues – winners of “silver” league will move up to gold league and bottom of gold league will move down for next season.

I think soccer in UK works like that?

Sea of Sorrows

1 up 1 down

in WvW

FooDang.2498

I couldnt find the quote. And honestly I wouldn’t mind getting the same round of matchups every week as long as its enjoyable to play.

1 up 1 down

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

My server has had no RNG match ups, we know every week who are going to face. We have faced Vabbi for like 10 weeks, maybe more i have lost count. We have then faced either FoW, BT or Arbor I think we have had like 7 weeks of FoW, 2 of BT and 2 of Arbor recently…Where is the RNG?