10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: mifbifgiggle.6713

mifbifgiggle.6713

Thought it’d take the liberty of opening the thread. Discuss!

Mr Flintlock, lvl 80 Engineer
Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

(edited by mifbifgiggle.6713)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kyouki.9350

Kyouki.9350

What’s the status of the fight atm?

Dahlaipapa-80 Thief
Crystal Desert
[MTs]More Tears- We Fly The Quaggan Flag

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kyouki.9350

Kyouki.9350

Well at some point it’ll be every man for himself. It was a pain when DB and JQ teamed up on us for the whole week previously.

Dahlaipapa-80 Thief
Crystal Desert
[MTs]More Tears- We Fly The Quaggan Flag

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

Now I aint saying its a gang bang…..

Attachments:

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

mifbifgiggle.6713

IoJ came out of the gates swinging, took castle and had a strong offensive. At some point in the battle CD and ET decided to work together on every borderlands. We went from first to last and were fighting to make a comeback. Its going to be a long week.

idk about the borderlands, but ET sure as hell isn’t helping us in the EB. They were basically what was keeping us from taking sm the whole time.

Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

Heh. I think we did just fine at the beginning. Defending against both CD and ET, that’s just something we can’t do. Nice job IoJ really great effort

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

lol look at the two X’s on the map… a bit curious.

Attachments:

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ignicity.7938

Ignicity.7938

It’s that time of the week again.

Start of a new match, and yet again I’m stuck at work

Anyone able to post a score update? (cookie for a pic)

\ig-nis-i-tee\
Ignicity – 80 Necromancer
Unreal Aussies [uA] – Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

Score Screenshot

Attachments:

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Ignicity.7938

Thanks mate. Wish I was there to help

\ig-nis-i-tee\

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vlayde.8764

Vlayde.8764

This week is going end the same as it has every week in the tier 2 bracket.

1.The tier 1 team that lost will win by twice as many points
2. IoJ will come in 2nd place
3. Which ever team got pushed up to tier 2 will be in 3rd place.

I’m hoping IoJ/CD will team up against ET so a new team can reach Tier 1 for once. IoJ/CD would most likely get destroyed in tier 1 but it would be a nice change.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Sui.2586

Sui.2586

IoJ don’t want no Tier 1, CD is quite welcome to it :-)

Generation Gaming
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

Im happy if we maintain our 2nd place, but I wouldn’t mind moving up to Tier 1 even if we did get stomped.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Seems a lot of servers dislike IoJ and purposefully team on them. So glad I got off that server. While the community is great, we fight trashbag loser baddies week after week and it isn’t fun. Crystal Desert got kittenon in their last match, they shouldn’t be in first place.

CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Squeal.7142

Squeal.7142

Well, I just recently moved to IoJ, like several days ago. And I have to say, I like this server. The 10/12 match starts is kinda rocky, I was at Crystal Desert Battleground, there are several commanders and it seems each have different target/methods. It’s not that the method used are not effective, it’s just that there’s only so much resource/supplies.

After several hours, one commander seems have general players approval, and the gameplay become much more fun. I am still trying to note, which commander fit my playstyle in this new server, and I have to say accompanying commander Grimaldi of Blood Pact (BP) is quite fun. Thanks for the run.

Rose Forestborn, 80 Ranger,
(Hero)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

mifbifgiggle.6713

Seems a lot of servers dislike IoJ and purposefully team on them. So glad I got off that server. While the community is great, we fight trashbag loser baddies week after week and it isn’t fun. Crystal Desert got kittenon in their last match, they shouldn’t be in first place.

wait… last match we had over 300k and the TC and DB had less than 200k… It was pretty decisive. If you mean when we got smacked by JQ 3 weeks ago, DB and JQ seemed to team against us, and it was even rumored multiple times that they had an official alliance. CD has nothing against IoJ and no connection at all with ET… don’t you think that both servers may be piling you because you showed that you were stronger in the beginning by taking sm and holding it for that long? Not to mention, second place is the worst position to be in, ever. You have 3rd trying to pull you into their place, and 1st trying to keep you from matching them, so you’re ultimately screwed from both sides. ET keeps taking our supply camps, so obviously they have a plan to weaken sm and take it for themselves. There’s no alliance to be had here. It’s actually a pretty large probability (25%) that two servers will go after the same one. After sm was taken, both servers needed a new goal to work towards, and both ET and CD decided to go after IoJ. Although the 3 corners are equidistant from eachother, psychologically, red seems to be in the middle. Therefore, it will be a more probable target. CD wants to beat down ET much more than IoJ in the long run, because they are statistically a much better server than either of us.

Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

Heres the updated scores, IoJ had the lead at the start than thanks to fighting a war on 2 fronts on every BG we were knocked down, we are slowly climbing back up.

Attachments:

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Guppy.2753

Guppy.2753

I just finished 5 and a half hours of WvW, and the scores are still close. Both opposing servers are pushing hard, and I’m spending all my loot on repair bills. Now the next shift is starting, and the map positions are changing. It’s an interesting contest so far.

Good luck to everybody. Except for whoever pushed me off that wall when I wasn’t looking behind me. Grrr.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gofr.5794

Gofr.5794

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the fun night in ET Borderlands. It was a gruelling 6 hours of 2v1 defending Dreadfall, and continued still after I logged. Solid defense fellow CD mates, keep it up. ET and IoJ, thanks for the massive karma, money, exp, and just downright fun time. The best for me though was early in the night when all 3 sides were in a massive ffa in front of brightvale camp. Oh the pandemonium when I saw those ET golems!!! Fun times, hope everyone else had fun too.

Gofr, Asura Elementalist;
Garn the Rageblade, Charr Warrior;
Crystal Desert; Member of Crack Clan

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Scyndek.5273, let me explain what happened tonight in the CD borderlands and you will see why it was not a double team but instead a missed opportunity.

After you and ET both took your respective keeps in our BG, ET spread out, got rolled and dissapeared but you guys attacked the Garrison. Once you got pushed off we used the momentum to take back Ascension bay. After that we put in a call to take back Astralholme and take our keep back from ET, but then we saw the two trebuchets you set up in Redbriar which forced us to then focus on you instead of going after what objective we really wanted.

We attacked a few times to try and kill the trebuchets, we kill them, then we have a few people go back to make sure that no more are being built and we attack the west side – that is when we see that ET has the middle island and is hitting your east wall on Redbriar and it was a complete surprise to see them there. This is the part where it looks “double-teamey”. We sweep around the keep with full intention on finally being able to wipe ET (because we hates them), but instead we see that your wall is at 5% and their catapult are doing the dirty work. After killing a bunch of them we make the decision to pull off and try and let them finish the wall so that we can sweep in behind them as they roll into the keep and kill 2 birds with one stone, but we did too much damage and it pushed them to the front of the keep so they weren’t able to finish the wall. We then pushed them back and even wiped out their seige on the middle as we attacked the front, but they zerged back and overcame us and ended up with the keep – we tried to get back to hit them from behind but you guys kept repairing the wall behind them.

We did not want to double team you, we wanted to get the trebs out and go work on sealing the deal in the ET held keeps – but an opportunity came up that we had to go after (and were very close).

After that the zerg kind of took over and decided to hang out at Redbriar because that is where the action was, so I we had no control over anything that happened after then.

But we will not team with ET, they are (or were, since RUIN left supposedly) cheaters and exploiters and we hate(d) them more than you will ever know.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

This match up is pretty awesome so far is all I have to say. Epic fights all over!

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheReign.9740

TheReign.9740

EB has been all over the place tonight. From holding Stonemist to being briefly spawn campped and back to owning our third of the map; this match has been a ton of fun so far. Here’s looking forward to a great week.

[TL] Team Legacy – Isle of Janthir
teamlegacy.net
isleofjanthir.net

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Ignicity.7938

<— Will cyb0r for a score update

\ig-nis-i-tee\

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Green had/has maybe 5 people on the eternal map for hours, both teams completely ignore them, little dissapointed with this matchup so far. It’s kind of been a 2v1 on eb vs cd, but that’s not where my dissapointment comes from it’s the huge lack of strategy to get a point lead. I won’t post my other thoughts on red, but i’ll just let them keep on keepin on it seems to be working great! Idk about the borderlands but eb feels like we’ve been placed two or three tiers lower. If the last team we fought that was red was red right now (tc) green wouldn’t even be on the map in eternal at all and tc would be leading in points atm without sm. Tc are much more strategic as far as what to take when goes. There’s just a few big flaws in tcs overall strategy one of them revolving around sm, other than that they play very strategically.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

This has been probably the closest matchup in any WVW I’ve been in so far. I was a little disappointed that ET had such a mass exodus of “fair weather pvpers”, but we seem to be pulling it together and keeping pace with tier 2 fairly well. We’ll see how the week goes. I am also enjoying laying the smack down on some of those fair weather server jumpers.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gydion.6582

Gydion.6582

Can someone post the current score

Bonniie Brah-80 Thief
Call Mee-80 Warrior
Badonkadonk-80 Engineer

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

CD-17141 +190
IoJ 16080 +240
ET 15471 +265

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Tombs.3952

Tombs.3952

EB has been all over the place tonight. From holding Stonemist to being briefly spawn campped and back to owning our third of the map; this match has been a ton of fun so far. Here’s looking forward to a great week.

Hey! TL is on the battlefield. It must be raid night!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

IoJ came out of the gates swinging, took castle and had a strong offensive. At some point in the battle CD and ET decided to work together on every borderlands. We went from first to last and were fighting to make a comeback. Its going to be a long week.

Haha, that’s hilarious. Just because we wiped you off your own border does not mean we were working together. Believe me, there was still plenty of fighting at the south of the map last night.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Anytime you mass suicide for 8 hours over one spot without doing anything else really, that’s when you know it is going to be a long week. For your server. If it were chess it was like you were chasing a king around with your pawn for 8 hours, while you had clear shots at everything else with your queen, rooks, and bishops to get a huge lead. Why noone pushed into green while they had noone on the map is a huge mystery, suiciding in a battle you weren’t going to win for 8 hours was in-explainable, especially when you consider controlling green would have not only took them down from points (which they were leading in point gain), but also is worth more than twice of sm.

Oh but you did push into green once, for the tower cd took, seems like friendly place over there between you two. Funny thing is I got invited to an “elite” group on that server a day or two ago. I see nothing elite in an 8 hour mass suicide witha huge lack of tactic. Plus both servers had chances and never relaly pushed into green when they had time for it, green was defenceless server completely dead maybe 5 people there on the map AND had the highest point gain per turnover many times during this period of time. <- Not understandable at all. I left eb a few hours ago on my first post, the tactics weren’t there tonight when you repeat one thing for 8 hours it’s very dull. It felt like I was back in lowest tier matches again, tactically speaking.

It’s not like it even takes that long when a server has maybe 5-10 people there, you can clear their entire side with a small group in what 20 mins top as long as they all got a few rams on them?

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

cant seem to quote but this is from Squeal:
————————————-
I am still trying to note, which commander fit my playstyle in this new server, and I have to say accompanying commander Grimaldi of Blood Pact (BP) is quite fun. Thanks for the run
————————————-

Grimaldi is a great Commander, i even run with his strats when im out on commander too. This is a problem IoJ has though, theres too many commanders who simply refuse to work with other commanders and end up trying to override the other causing mayhem. Must be an ego/control thing i dunno, but they really need to get over it.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Holding the garrison for so long while getting ganged by CD and ET, alter bugged, lord bugged, capped circle sitting at 80% all night….epic fun, epic scraps….having CD in the keep while ET stopped us re-inforcing then vica versa……3 times we held the alamo….but alamo’s fall.

Look forward to another biffo tomorrow….very close BG great fun.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheReign.9740

TheReign.9740

Hey! TL is on the battlefield. It must be raid night!

Nope, it’s not raid night. There are many of us who play whether it’s raid time or not. Win or lose, I’m always there on the map.

[TL] Team Legacy – Isle of Janthir
teamlegacy.net
isleofjanthir.net

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dabura.9821

Dabura.9821

Anyone got a score update please?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

CD-22,871/ET-21,735/IOJ-21,708
ET +275
IOJ +240
CD + 175

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Grimaldi.8532

Grimaldi.8532

I am flattered. Always looking for likeminded people to share the fight with

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gofr.5794

Gofr.5794

Score update as of 3:12 pm EST. So far it’s a very tight competition, which is nice. I was worried ET’s night crew would strike hard last night, and while they did come back, it didn’t propel them out as far as I feared it would. Good job all.

Attachments:

Gofr, Asura Elementalist;
Garn the Rageblade, Charr Warrior;
Crystal Desert; Member of Crack Clan

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

CD 25671 +290
IoJ 24799 +235
ET 24321 +170

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Yeti.3024

Yeti.3024

Down with Isle of Janthir! I will avenge Steamspur!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Hope ET wins this one!

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

IoJ coming back quickly

Attachments:

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

IoJ takes the lead

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

IoJ just has the numbers game down, but is hands down the worst server I’ve seen so far strategically speaking. It’s like a charr. Brute force in bad spots, you can still win like this though, but not as well.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

says who? I tend to disagree with that statement entirely I feel every week IoJ is evolving and getting better and better at strategy (but yes transfers helped for numbers but they also help with strategy as well)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

8 hour assault on sm with a decent force harrassing cd and nothing else for 8 entre hours while green had noone on the map. The force that was harrassing cd that was getting back capped could’ve taken the entire green location (who was on and off for most points) in 20 min or so then harrassed cd. It was lso fun seeing a bunch of golems at the keep dropping a couple arrow carts, rooting the entire team right before the gate fell then jumping right back on an arrowcart, that attack was epic in the area of fail XD. Really need one of the comedians to think of a good gag name for the server, massly suicidal for 8 hours (then green takes it LOL), it was like an ioj cult koolaid party in sm.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

You have the numbers but don’t use them very efficiently at all. Instead of killing off rooks you put the queen in danger to kill a pawn is how your strategics currently work.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

I could say the same about your attempts at Bay today, thats one BL at one period of time do not assume things about our whole server because you had one experience that was rediculous.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: jonesbones.9632

jonesbones.9632

Yeah IoJ you’re terrible and that’s why you’re winning…

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

What happened to Team Legacy on Eredon Terrace? Did they abandon ship because ET was losing so “badly” in the top tier?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: MatthewC.7058

MatthewC.7058

Updated Scoreboard.

Attachments: