10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

The server that gets the influx of players have longer queues and greater numbers which end up making the competion quit early.

Servers that are trailing in points on the scorecard don’t come out to play and when that happens everyone is the loser.

There are no winners.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

Just as an update

Attachments:

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

The server that gets the influx of players have longer queues and greater numbers which end up making the competion quit early.

Servers that are trailing in points on the scorecard don’t come out to play and when that happens everyone is the loser.

There are no winners.

Exactly.

The rules for server transfers have poisoned WvW, and rankings are irrelevant until it’s changed. There are some great people on ET, but our forces have been sheered and have left us vastly outnumbered.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

And again, CD stops playing on the Sunday. No queues anywhere. Really??

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

Wait.. so a bunch of server transfers that result in an extremely even and close match is a showcase of the “problem”?

Yes, it’s a showcase of the problem.

I like that the match is more even now, seeing as I’m on IoJ as I have been since beta. What I don’t like is how huge of an impact population numbers and server transfers have on Wv3, and the drastic swing in how this matchup is playing out is the proof in the pudding. ET wasn’t stomping us because they were better at the game, they were stomping us because they flat-out had more people round the clock.

Wv3 needs some serious design passes to fix it so that the server that wins is not always the server that has more bodies to throw at the maps.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

If you’re on CD, and you’d like to see it advance in rankings, good luck. It’s not gonna happen.

We were trying to get people to join wvwvw shouting in LA, and the majority response, and yes it was a huge majority, was “we play to have fun, and we don’t have fun in wvwvw/pvp.”

That’s fine, to each his own. So for those that would really like be competitive in wvwvw, find a server that share the same interests as you.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

CD seems to be incapable of doing anything without camping siege.. ggetting mega lulz on ET borderlands

CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Senti.5372

Senti.5372

That’s fine, to each his own. So for those that would really like be competitive in wvwvw, find a server that share the same interests as you.

There’s clearly enough interest on CD in WvW but not for massive amount of time involved, and if your population lapses in a zone for an hour, you lose everything as a zerg overruns everything in notime. Who wants toss away gold for upgrades and siege weapons with this type of system when you can use it for legendary weapons?

Anet will be lucky to get 3 servers interested in WvW with their current 24/7 setup.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Atticus Creed.4062

Atticus Creed.4062

I’ve been fiercely against transfers but with both big alliances splitting it’s actually evened out some of the top servers. CD might have lost out but they also tend to give up at the first sign of a challenge so that might be a reason no one wants to go there.

[Res] The Prestige

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Cement.6472

Cement.6472

whom transferd off of ET.? was it RUIN? LOD?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

whom transferd off of ET.? was it RUIN? LOD?

I know for a fact ruin is gone never heard of lod but they are most likely gone too.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

All of Team Legacy deserted ET for IoJ. That’s why IoJ is suddenly doing so well as compared to before.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

‘All of Team Legacy deserted ET for IoJ. That’s why IoJ is suddenly doing so well as compared to before.’

TL did not make us so so so so so much better. We have been the clear 5th ranked server for weeks. We are moving up as a result of ET losing its major guilds, not because of our gains.

Cant believe CD are crying, especially when they are so prone to giving up.

Minion

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Anyone got a score update ?

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

“CD might have lost out but they also tend to give up at the first sign of a challeng”

I don’t call “challenge” a 2v1 the entire time with a server that weakens buildings for the other one to come in and take it while they leave instead of clashing for it on inner walls with similar sized groups.

They have been 2v1’ing us the entire time, with et pretty much softening blows for ioj or giving them stuff entirely.

They need to completely delete the server et if they barely participate and throw them on other servers because they are very good at ruining a match in it’s entirety by doing almost absolutely nothing the majority of the time they are there. The things I’ve seen on borderlands was just helping IoJ take lead scores, the things I’ve seen on eb was they do nothing there at all absolutely nothing except take a few towers of their back then maybe push into cd if we get lucky.

Were not fighting two people, were fighting one group of people on two servers. They are not fighting eachother, they are fighting us. Somehow it’s like they missed the 1v1v1 memo and only “act” like they are fighting eachother at times but all it is is an act they put on. The coordination seems to be really high between the two servers as far as coordinating attacks to hit one place cd owns at a time.. And yes IoJ are winning due to numbers/full time coverage which has nothing to do with how they play not only thier numbers but they also have two servers full of numbers which gets a little overwhelming.

If ET were even a half kitenned server red would’ve been in deep kitten when they were mass suiciding for so long inside of sm. They could’ve put either server in a very bad position during that time but they couldn’t do anything, nothing at all for a good 15 hours. This server needs deletion.

LOL what? Are you kidding me right now? We took over ET’s BL, yea really not attacking each other.

Secondly, how do you explain when we were on CD BL and took every tower and keep from CD with not an ET in sight? We were right next to your spawn and still took everything. I respect CD and this is in no way to insult or flame but you are getting rediculous, we have not teamed with ET and will not, furthermore we do not need ET’s assistance to take things.

Lol the reason ET is attacking your stuff and not ours is because they think you are the weaker opponent.

Once again no disrespect to CD but this guy is spewing garbage onto his keyboard. Stop getting angry and saying IoJ is garbage and we won because of 2v1 or we won because of something else or that ET needs to get deleted because that’s just ridiculous. You are honestly living in your own reality. This is the second time in this post you have flamed IoJ, at this point if you have nothing to add to the discussion keep your crys of hated to yourself.

(edited by Scyndek.5273)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

No matter, ET will fight on with what we got . Oh the other night , we slaughtered one of the guild that left ET at Titanpaw. Good fight whoever was there.
Many thanks to the 3 guys who revive me when they were under heavy fire.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Tyresion.9458

Tyresion.9458

Anyone got a score update ?

Isle of Janthir: 89,171; +550; Orb x 3

Crystal Desert: 57,528; +90

Eredon Terrace: 43,546; +55

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Secondly, how do you explain when we were on CD BL and took every tower and keep from CD with not an ET in sight?

Probably happened while outmanned which every place was getting outmanned around last night because of the 2v1 except for eb. In short you will be pve’ing in wvw soon, or most likely those were the defenders you were fighting were just the npcs.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

Secondly, how do you explain when we were on CD BL and took every tower and keep from CD with not an ET in sight?

Probably happened while outmanned which every place was getting outmanned around last night because of the 2v1 except for eb. In short you will be pve’ing in wvw soon, or most likely those were the defenders you were fighting were just the npcs.

We did this during primetime in the day today, next excuse(s). (once again this is only directed at Reflhex, sorry for any CD that take it the wrong way)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

‘All of Team Legacy deserted ET for IoJ. That’s why IoJ is suddenly doing so well as compared to before.’

TL did not make us so so so so so much better. We have been the clear 5th ranked server for weeks. We are moving up as a result of ET losing its major guilds, not because of our gains.

Cant believe CD are crying, especially when they are so prone to giving up.

You really think that Team Legacy leaving ET (and all the bandwagoners that follow Team Legacy) are not making a huge impact in this match-up? It obviously has made a significant difference as compared to before where ET (w/ Team Legacy) dominated both IoJ and CD. It’s so clear to see the change as compared to just 2 weeks ago.

IoJ was already a great server before, but this is just ridiculous with the mass exodus from ET to IoJ of “hardcore” WvW players. It wouldn’t be this one-sided at all whatsoever if Team Legacy was on ET still.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Scyndek.5273

Actually a couple guilds left ET I think RUIN leaving made the biggest impact yes they had a horrible reputation and I think everyone on ET is happy that they are gone but that was a 2000 member guild that left.

LoD (or LoTD or something I believe?) left their server as well, so I wouldn’t put so much emphasis on the whole TL is the reason ET lost / IoJ dominated theory.

I don’t understand everyone who keeps stating that if TL was on ET then we would still be getting dominated.

Yes TL has helped TL and we at IoJ are happy to have them but saying that if ET still had TL than we would be getting stomped is just wrong, TL is one guild multiple guilds leaving is what caused this to happen.

(edited by Scyndek.5273)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Actually a couple guilds left ET I think RUIN leaving made the biggest impact yes they had a horrible reputation and I think everyone on ET is happy that they are gone but that was a 2000 member guild that left.

LoD (or LoTD or something I believe?) left their server as well, so I wouldn’t put so much emphasis on the whole TL is the reason ET lost / IoJ dominated theory.

I know they impacted this matchup, and coincidentally it RUINED the matchup. The server isn’t where it should be at right now and unless ET get replacements they need to go down a few tiers.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

I don’t understand everyone who keeps stating that if TL was on ET then we would still be getting dominated.

Yes TL has helped TL and we at IoJ are happy to have them but saying that if ET still had TL than we would be getting stomped is just wrong, TL is one guild multiple guilds leaving is what caused this to happen.

Oh I didn’t know that RUIN also left ET. Yeah that definitely makes a lot of sense in conjunction with TL leaving.

I definitely wasn’t saying that if TL was still on ET that IoJ and CD would be getting dominated. I made the mistake in not knowing that RUIN also left… which makes a really big difference as well. Thank you for letting me know. I was saying though that it wouldn’t have been so one-sided and there would have been a lot more fight from ET.

I was up for most of the first night and CD just can’t compare to all of the coverage and manpower that IoJ has now. IoJ is definitely going first tier next week and will face against JQ and SBI. That will be interesting to see.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Love em or hate em, RUIN’s zerg is the main reason ET even made it to t1, the other guilds helped but it would not have happened without RUIN.

Now that RUIN has left, ET will drop down to t3 now, maybe even t4. There are still a lot of good players left. Just not the zerg amounts needed to compete at the higher tiers. Should be much better small group action and much more fun, for those of us who prefer that style of open world PvP.

If you prefer the useless bragging rights of T1 (and the zergs / queues that go with it) then jump on the free transfer bandwagon.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

It will most likely change if HoD continues to not do well in tier 1 and if IoJ continues to dominate in tier 2. There’s only a couple points separating the two servers now according to that one website and if things continue like it has been today… IoJ will be going against JQ and SBI on Friday.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Isn’t jade quarry having transfer issues and probably shouldn’t be tier one anymore also?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Silverluna.9236

Silverluna.9236

ET in process of loosing our lowlands atm…. 5 ppls defending our Eternal Battlegrounds fortress and the outer gate is at 50% and dropping… guess WvW is over for my server till next Friday -.-

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Silverluna.9236

Silverluna.9236

n/m i stand corrected… whoever was just attacking us appears to be awful. Looks like we keep our Lowlands for the time being :P

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Due to the way the point system works IoJ will most likely not be T1 next week. The T1 & T2 matchups should remain the same for at least another week.

T1 the same, T2 – BG should move, with either ET or CD moving down

(being on SoS, I’d prefer to face ET I think now RUIN has gone – they have really good oceanic presence still). http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/#NA

But hey, it’s only Monday, let’s not call the result yet.

Sea of Sorrows

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

EB was amazing tonight. Good times taking ET’s stuff all night in Eternal Battlegrounds.

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

Good luck with JQ and SBI on Friday. It looks like everything’s on track for HoD to drop down to 2nd tier and IoJ to take the 3rd spot.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gorganov.1372

Gorganov.1372

I liked it better when those guilds didn’t transfer to IoJ. Now it’s just imbalanced and overpopulated.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: genoshan.4608

genoshan.4608

I hate it too… I want some PvP that is close so the other teams will actually enter the battlefield. The free xfers needs to stop NOW !

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

Congrats to IoJ for taking all of WvW.

I was hoping that WvW would be more balanced than RvR was in DAoC but I was so incredibly wrong. I’m losing a lot of faith in ArenaNet that they know what they’re doing with WvW. It’s just saddening because I have always talked about how great WvW is going to be and how having 3 factions is going to keep things a lot more balanced than compared to 2 factions to other people before the game came out. I can’t even say that WvW is a plus for GW2 in its current state. sigh

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Rook.1934

Rook.1934

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ninkasi.5071

Ninkasi.5071

This is ridiculous…
(I thought this week might be a close (fun) battle, I guess it’s just a massacre)

Attachments:

(edited by Ninkasi.5071)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

Its clear loj has the Numbers and coverage to be in T1. And unfortunatly as someone stated before its true that alot of CD seem to just say screw it and not even try anymore when chips are down. Gets annoying at times. But its my home im not leaving

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

It’s easy to say that people on CD are “easy to give up”, but when every attempt to take even a supply camp is met with either a 40 man zerg or multiple 20-30 man zergs you tend to want to give up fast because it is IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish anything.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

CD was simply never meant to be a tier 1 server. Tier 2 is where it fits nicely. IoJ has become a tier 1 server with the mass exodus from ET to IoJ. CD simply doesn’t have the hardcore WvW guilds and alliances that is required to be tier 1, so going against any server that is tier 1 is obviously a mismatch.

Obviously a lot of IoJ has seen the dramatic change this match-up. It’s definitely not the same IoJ that it was before.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Tier one should be more about strategics not numbers, however, maybe not enough servers have the numbers + strategics for this to even be possible for tier one to get that far.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

dude, ioj got dem strats. check how we beat CD:

Attachments:

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Bwomp.9651

Bwomp.9651

Wooo IoJ, enjoy it while it lasts…

Bwomped LvL 80 Necro [GEN]
~Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

@REFLHEX (reply isn’t showing up)

I think it also has a lot to do with “hardcore” WvW guilds and alliances. They are far more organized and dedicated as compared to a bunch of people in regular guilds (vast majority of CD). We all have seen what has happened to HoD when Titan Alliance broke up. They are falling down… and fast. We have all seen what has happened when RUIN left ET and TL and another hardcore WvW guild (forgot the name) along with all the ET bandwagoners transfered to IoJ.

It’s really evident how significant “hardcore” WvW guilds and alliances matter right now, especially with it so easy to transfer servers. JQ is bound to bust. Several guilds have already left to other servers.

It seems as though there’s some kind of “Tier 1 Curse” that is happening to servers.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

CD was simply never meant to be a tier 1 server. Tier 2 is where it fits nicely. IoJ has become a tier 1 server with the mass exodus from ET to IoJ. CD simply doesn’t have the hardcore WvW guilds and alliances that is required to be tier 1, so going against any server that is tier 1 is obviously a mismatch.

Obviously a lot of IoJ has seen the dramatic change this match-up. It’s definitely not the same IoJ that it was before.

There is some truth to the first paragraph, as a CD player (stuck with the server, no transfers) ive observed it is infact a T2 server. That dosent negate the validity of the people saying CD gives up, ive seen it, its real. That said match ups like this help shake out where servers should be in matches. CD is a solid T2 server, not the worst place to be, in fact its not bad at all given the casual nature of the player base.

Guess we’ll see how things play out once the server transfer issue is resolved and people have to pick and settle for a server for a full match. Good luck out there, see you on the field.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

IOJ doesn’t have the strategy of a tier 1 server, just the numbers. They tend to lose every evenly matched fight and have trouble taking towers unless they outnumber 4:1. They have trouble even taking supply camps without 30 people. It will be interesting to see how badly they get roughed up when they do finally get to tier 1. And ofcourse they have idiots who resort to fireworks glitching and then say that “we shouldn’t get so butthurt about it”.

I will look forward to them getting stomped by JQ.

Its okay though cause no matter how bad JQ beat us, Ill still know we crushed your server <3

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

We as in Et and IoJ combined right? To think anything else in the beginning would be delusion.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

IOJ doesn’t have the strategy of a tier 1 server, just the numbers. They tend to lose every evenly matched fight and have trouble taking towers unless they outnumber 4:1. They have trouble even taking supply camps without 30 people. It will be interesting to see how badly they get roughed up when they do finally get to tier 1. And ofcourse they have idiots who resort to fireworks glitching and then say that “we shouldn’t get so butthurt about it”.

I will look forward to them getting stomped by JQ.

Its okay though cause no matter how bad JQ beat us, Ill still know we crushed your server <3

You can thank the mass exodus from ET to IoJ and the departure of RUIN from ET due to free 24hr transfers. Otherwise, ET would be the one dominating IoJ and CD.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Yes, you crushed us. We will see you in 2 weeks when you make it to tier 1, JQ crushes you and all of your server transfers knock you back down to where you belong. ET was pretty happy when they crushed us too at first, but we will see how you feel in a few weeks.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ratto.1572

Ratto.1572

We had a good fight on Friday before ET disappeared mysteriously

- ULTIMATE LEGION / SOR -
Human – Thief | Norn – Warrior | Asura – Elementalist

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

IoJ has been playing at the same level for a few weeks now. Only thing that has changed is that we now have coverage of our former weak spots. To be honest it was more fun playing when we didn’t have coverage because there were objectives to take before, and now WvW is boring, with the exception of roaming PvP. I would like to say I have sympathy for ET, only problem is the arrogance they and other servers have shown us in the past, is now moot because we have proven that with coverage of our blind spots we have shown that our WvW was just fine all along. It is nice to actually have defenders on to hold what we take everyday, and not have to rebuild from scratch every time we log back in. Good job IoJ, don’t let the haters get you down.