10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: bakestondone.8563

bakestondone.8563

TV (Transcendent Veneration) – We don’t classify ourselves as an exclusively WvW guild but we have a strong and large presence in EB (20-30 in EB every day so far in this match-up though we had many more in Queue and online – 85ish). We have Commanders Zudoari, Pride and Sarangerel. We also have Giddge working on his. I know we’re not mentioned much when people talk about WvW guilds and that’s fine. We tend to be a bit low-key.

We have some fantastic commanders on TC and we love a good fight. This week is going to drag on, but we’re still kicking up a fight and that’s what matters. We’re not going to push out on the whole of the EB map; we just don’t have the numbers. While we were there, though, we did a good job of holding what was ours.

Looking forward to seeing how we do during the week now.

I want to give a shout out to the wonderful TV folks. Myself and my growing guild have been running behind them recently and they are a blessing to TC’s WvWvW community. Thanks to them and thanks to all the rest of the TC folks who love to take back what’s ours from the other guy!

Tyfa

Matron of Sisters of the Blade (SotB)

in WvW

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I can not stress this enough, and I hope the other servers get a hint of it too, because it sure makes WvW fun. TC does not care what the score is. We are going to show up every night and try to hit you guys right in the mouth. We have a wonderful community that has really come together to form a tenacious prime time team and we will always be up to the challenge. I know my guild could not be happier to be on TC and we will continue to fight the good fight regardless of numbers.

If/when TC ever picks up a few late night/early morning guilds, we will be a force to be reckoned with around the clock.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Thank you, Tyfa, that means a lot

We love TC and we love to fight!

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Alumisoul.9072

Alumisoul.9072

The taunting is just part of being on the internet. You will see this in any game you play. Like Mog said before me, it’s not one particular server. All servers have people who will do it. Sometimes my body gets death danced upon. It doesn’t bother me even the slightest. I actually chuckle when I see people use their emotes. Again, it’s part of it.

Deadi – LVL 80 Guardian
Blackgate – Team Nemesis [nem]

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

How in the hell did Blackgate get paired with FA and TC? The population issues alone guarantee an uneven match.

Blackgate was walking all over DB/FA two matches ago and then proceeded to get a ton of additional transfers. I have no idea how they wound back up down in this tier, unless they can win only by outzerging their opponents and get stomped in equal fights.

Which actually, is basically what I see happening. Plus BG players seem to be poor sports and, after you’ve crushed them in even fights several times, will roll over you with their mighty zerg and then laugh at your corpse.

Tarnished Coast players have, on the other hand, been class acts. I think a TC vs FA matchup would be fun. Both servers seem to be fairly close in terms of population.

I can only conclude there is one ‘extra’ server with a ‘huge’ population, so the worst of them is going to be pushed down a tier and fight servers that can’t really compete population wise. Not much we can do except keep fighting and try out best.

And don’t get discouraged by the score – score is simply a measure of total activity. If you get a group together and get out there and fight, you can be very successfull.

I feel like some people think if the other server is ‘winning’ they are just going to insta die when they zone into borderlands or something.

The server score has no relation whatsover to how much fun your group will have in Wuvwuv

People need to get that into their heads. In fact, if the enemy server owns everything, that’s just more targets for you to hit. More karma and exp and gold you can attain. You just have to get good at avoiding their zergs and moving quickly.

You can go into wuvwuv when one enemy server is 150k points ahead and have exactly as much fun as if it was tied.

I also don’t get the people saying they want to leave servers and go to one that is ‘winning’. All that gives you is higher queue times. I don’t think I ever have to wait more than a minute or two for queues on FA, and I like it that way. I like the community we have here on FA and I think server hopping to ride the coattails of whoever happens to be ‘winning’ would not make you any happier.

So if you don’t want to hear bad news quickly hit the ignore button!!!

Now that fair warning was given. Unfortunately after looking at the matchup’s for the North American Server I think TC is going to be stuck in a rut for some time until we get a larger pvp population.

TC is a very special realm in that we have the pro pvp’ers enough to rise above all the other realms that share similar populations (you could argue that if the game took population under consideration TC would be in 1st). But we hit a wall against the servers that have the sheer numbers we lack.

Blackgate and all those above TC are there because they have a large PVP population. And until we get more PVPers to match I think we will be stuck in tier 3. What will hapkitten Blackgate on up will fight for tier 1/2 spots while we get an uneven matchup from here on out with the “oddball out”. This week Blackgate was the odd ball, last week CD was the odd ball.

The only way were going to be able to move up is either A. We get server transfers onto TC or B. We team up completely and utterly with the other realm in tier 3, so that all attacks are focused on the large pop server and we help defend each other in our respected realms.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

I can not stress this enough, and I hope the other servers get a hint of it too, because it sure makes WvW fun. TC does not care what the score is. We are going to show up every night and try to hit you guys right in the mouth. We have a wonderful community that has really come together to form a tenacious prime time team and we will always be up to the challenge.

Hell yes.

See you out there tonight, Mo!

in WvW

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

Yeah. If there’s one problem with TC, it’s that without a good commander on the field, the folks in WvWvW seem at a loss as to what they should be doing.

This. Definitely. Last night was the best example. There was bickering on team chat about whether people should run supply to QL and repair the walls with the three trebs bombing it from the SM tower or abandon it. Then Chuk and Odin (I think)signed on and asked for the sitrep, and everyone fell in line.

When no one’s leading squads, people argue about or suggest stupid things (taking SM when we have no resources, the jump puzzle when we have no keep, the grub when we’re under attack, the price of tea in china, etc.)

But even in the mornings trying to get things going when the whole map is green, it’s almost impossible to keep people from the spawn camp without an icon or icon-cred. My only complaint on the server, really.

in WvW

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

The taunting is just part of being on the internet. You will see this in any game you play. Like Mog said before me, it’s not one particular server. All servers have people who will do it. Sometimes my body gets death danced upon. It doesn’t bother me even the slightest. I actually chuckle when I see people use their emotes. Again, it’s part of it.

Oh it doesn’t bother me, it just means I have specific people to pick out later on. My point is, Blackgate has more people than normal who do things like this.

It would be hard for the corpse taunting to bother anyone really, because after we die… most people open their map up to click a waypoint if they don’t have a bigger force that might get them rezzed. So most of the taunting done isn’t even seen by anyone. Its just noted in the chat log after you respawn that someone did an emote.

It just feels like a TON of people who aren’t in a good, legit PVP guild are on Blackgate because they know a decent amount of good guilds transferred there. Basically bad players leeching off the good ones for easy wins. So thats why we see /sleep over and over when a person wants you to attack their ballista bottleneck or something. I realize a lot of you are good and have sportmanship, but just due to having large numbers you have an extra large force of d-bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

Hey Mr Silver, you guys operate as pirates IC as well? BGV is also pirate-themed, may be good to do some events together.

/callme

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Oh it doesn’t bother me, it just means I have specific people to pick out later on. My point is, Blackgate has more people than normal who do things like this.

It would be hard for the corpse taunting to bother anyone really, because after we die… most people open their map up to click a waypoint if they don’t have a bigger force that might get them rezzed. So most of the taunting done isn’t even seen by anyone. Its just noted in the chat log after you respawn that someone did an emote.

It just feels like a TON of people who aren’t in a good, legit PVP guild are on Blackgate because they know a decent amount of good guilds transferred there. Basically bad players leeching off the good ones for easy wins. So thats why we see /sleep over and over when a person wants you to attack their ballista bottleneck or something. I realize a lot of you are good and have sportmanship, but just due to having large numbers you have an extra large force of d-bags.

People tend to remember the bad more then good imo. Any chance that group of people that slighted you was a particular guild? If so would like to know so we can call them out on it.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I’ve seen some ribbing from BG, but I’ve also seen a couple instances where a few people from ELTE paid respect to an enemy by kneeling after his death. I could tell they were respecting a good fight and a challenging enemy. I know there are a lot more d-bags that have no respect for anyone, including their own parents, that do these things. There are also some gaming vets out there that respect a good battle. Cheers to them.

Additionally, one thing TC can’t stomach at all is cheating. From another server or our own. If someone cheats expect the full wrath that we can muster in response. In this case, even cooperation with an enemy server who has also been the victim of exploiting.

The only way to change something is to show by example and attitude that it isn’t socially acceptable. Saying “this is just how it is just accept it” is the main reason ribbing, exploiting, and bad commanders get away with a lot of the things they get away with.

Finally, to continue claiming that you moved servers to have better competition is not being honest. Frankly, most of you move servers because you want to win. People these days don’t know how to win or lose gracefully. The vast majority of TC doesn’t give a rat’s kitten if we win or lose. Sure, it can be rather depressing to be shoved all the way back to our spawning grounds, and sometimes we just need to regroup and rethink, but TC will be back out there quickly and you will pay in blood. I’m in the for the long haul. I want to be part of a community that has rising legends. You can’t do that jumping around servers with no loyalty or thought for the community you chose to join to begin with. Telling TC to do the same thing is laughable. Most of us would rather lose like we are right now than consider moving. Winning at any cost is not acceptable. Just my opinion. I’m sure I’ll be beat down by the other side about it.

I look forward to meeting our enemies on the field tonight. /salute

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

You can find out more about how DB felt about the last matchup here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Dragonbrand-Maguuma-Sea-of-Sorrows/page/5

It looks like now sea of sorrows is absolutely stomping maguuma and dragonbrand, due to a huge influx of transfers. Ironic really. FA was able to beat sos last go around but I doubt that would happen again.

If there are 7 high pop servers with 24/7 coverage, that means tier 3 is always going to kind of suck, because one of those 7 ‘big’ servers is going to be beating up on two weaker servers without such coverage.

Unless of course those two other servers deliberately and continually try to ally and work together. I think that is arena.net’s idea, that the two ‘weaker’ servers will work together against the bigger server, but a lot of people seem to think that any kind of cooperation with another server is high treason.

At any rate, I think we can all agree the transferring is making a mockery of the rankings balancing system.

That and the scoreboard puts way too much emphasis on the overall score and not enough on what is happening right now. Also the orbs giving even additional bonuses to the most powerful realm is rather silly.

(edited by Vorpal.4683)

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I think the orb should give bonuses, just not bonuses that allow them to dominate even more than they already do. My idea?

+% Magic Find increased for each Orb
+% Karma for each Orb

That is all we need to make things more interesting for the winning team.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I feel like they really should swap the orb and outmanned bonuses.

All the outmanned bonus does is help bots. ><

in WvW

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

Man, when I got on last night (TC) the only map where we even had anything, Eternal Battlegrounds, had a long queue. The Borderlands had no queue, but were all awful and pointless to even go in.

I tried to do something for 20-30 minutes, but just outside our only spawn zone were 15+ BG players, just camping there. At /most/ there were 7-8 TC players around, most of them too scared to venture out to any location when there was an opening. Had a few openings and only ever had 1 other TC player go out with me, and we would quickly get mobbed by 8+ at any location we attempted to take.

It was awfully boring…

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in WvW

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

I transfered to BG about 4 weeks ago to be in a friends guild, and just last night got into W3, this is everything I ever wanted when Funcom sold me age of conan, im not ever looking back. Fights are fun, but the way the scoring system is whoever gets an early lead has a huge unfair advantage.

I feel the scoring system needs to change,

There either needs to be a maximum amount of points that the servers fight over, or there needs to be a threshold that if you go above in points, you have to fight to not go down in points instead of continuing to go up.

When servers get a large point lead, its like the failed king of the hill change in guild wars 1, the other guys have zero chance of winning. A server ought be able to secure victory in the first few days imo.

On a more fun note, I look forward to seeing yall tonight, Ill be that crazy warrior from [Sir] you see jumping into your zerg and going nuts

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

I’m going to play the devil’s advocate here and say some negative things about TC tactics right now. It’s just some simple things that we are not always doing when we should. I would’ve liked to keep these private in TC map/team chat but people don’t listen to just anybody there. I also ended up talking about ballista quite a bit because it seems to be misunderstood by most.

• A lot of people seem to have no idea what ballista skills do, so I’ll start out by saying something here. First counter siege shot should always be skill 3 which does 30k damage. 30 K DAMAGE. Whenever you can’t see numbers on target due to strange dev code implementation, use skill 2 which splashes.
  • Ballistas suck against people with room to move about, but will kill stationary siege weapons fast. It takes some getting used to how to place them properly.
  • We can’t afford to be cheap with plans and hope to win. All those “cheap” rams and repair costs from failed siege attempts will add up costing more silvers.
  • Please consider eliminating defensive siege weapons first before we zerg the a well-fortified place. We rarely do this even though CD was kindly teaching us the entire time last week. It means having a mission that solely focus on downing sieges on unsuspecting defenders. We should consider using counter siege weapon (ballista is my favorite) for this. If you can get a treb/catapult up on a high/hard to reach place, use it to take out siege first, and then kill the wall/gate for bonus. Seriously not the other way around. There are other options to down gates/wall easily when there are no defensive siege weapons. Don’t be cheap because the total repair bill of a failed zerg is quite a bit more.
  • Quite often we lose an important location because we only start to build siege weapons when we’re under-attack. That’s normally too late and it’s hard to get supply when you’re under siege.
  • Fortifying a location good doesn’t necessary mean more arrow carts, especially when they are placed such that they can be wiped out by elementalists and rangers at the beginning of the siege. Number 1 priority IMHO should be counter siege weapons. They should be built first. Bunch of dudes without siege weapons can’t do much against the gate.
  • Some of our better defenders do the following but we aren’t always doing them: catapult(s) behind gate, and catapult/ballista on a high/hard to reach place (rooftops with vistas) to counter rams/catapults.

Please feel free to add/correct anything about this stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Man, when I got on last night (TC) the only map where we even had anything, Eternal Battlegrounds, had a long queue. The Borderlands had no queue, but were all awful and pointless to even go in.

I tried to do something for 20-30 minutes, but just outside our only spawn zone were 15+ BG players, just camping there. At /most/ there were 7-8 TC players around, most of them too scared to venture out to any location when there was an opening. Had a few openings and only ever had 1 other TC player go out with me, and we would quickly get mobbed by 8+ at any location we attempted to take.

It was awfully boring…

Then go grab some friends, get them in that map with you, and punch a hole through their lines and get back on the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

If you are not having fun on Tarnished Coast, then I suggest you get with one of the larger WvWvW guilds. If you are loyal to the small guild you are in, then I would ask you consider either one of several options:

1. Carry a second tag for WvWvW, representing whenever you are in the battlefield. We had very few people in the Blackgate Borderlands to begin with last night. Mo Bedda sent me a whisper, I proceeded to send messages to my guildmates and 15-20 more guys joined the battle. Having a network of many people to go in at once is vital in getting kitten done.

2. Considering merging your smaller guild with another smaller guild- or simply move your guild into a larger guild. These matters can be handled delicately and maturely through conversations of officers and leaders, especially on a server with as positive a community as Tarnished Coast.

3. Get involved with the TC Dub Vee Dub Alliance. The command structure and VOIP systems are being hammered out, however a growing version of it exists on awc.enjin.com. It’s a great place to find other WvWvW guilds and try to coordinate where to go. These alliances help ensure you are not running in with your 5 against 150, maybe 50 to 150… and TC has proven that we can be quite formidable with 50 against 150.

TL;DR. Get networked, going into the field with a tiny guild or group of people can be very boring.

P.S. Sending information to next thinktank meeting to commanders who spoke here.

in WvW

HenryAu.7523

It was awfully boring…

I agree because I was there as another individual and not one of our popular commanders/guild people. Our stragglers morale in the BLs is down the drains.

However one thing I notice is some of these people do not even know there are side exits. They also do not know all the entrances to the various castles or keeps where only 1 entrance is being camped. As a sadistic person it’s fairly hilarious watching people lemming into the camps while I casually stroll outside using another exit. When I finally shout out “Use [whatever] exit instead”, I can just see the virtual blank stares because I’m totally ignored and the lemming process and/or whining continues. I’m kind of worried that we’re losing potential WvWers before they even get their feet wet.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Man, when I got on last night (TC) the only map where we even had anything, Eternal Battlegrounds, had a long queue. … It was awfully boring…

You missed all the fun last night on the Blackgate Borderlands!

TC took an orb from a fully upgraded keep in the Bay, the Hills keep earlier in the day and two to three towers that someone told me “was impossible [to take].”

We fought huge back and forth battles for hours, sieged for hours, shattered walls , burned seige, bashed in gates and rallied from failed major offensives at least three times during the night. In the end the orb was ours, at least for a little bit!

The fights between the “Bay Worm Gate” and Faithleap were out of this world and the counter sieging the Garrison trebs hitting the Bay was insanely nerve wrecking. This all happened around 7:00pm to Midnight PST. The BG Borderlands even had a (short) queue for TC which was pretty great.

I even got to lead a small team to hit water gate at the Garrison. The team of twenty or so that showed up had me laughing so hard. All in all, I had a blast!

Sorry you missed us!

-Coral

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I just transferred to TC from JQ. Between all the bandwagon jumpers, queue times, and lack of meaningful competition WvW was losing its appeal. I look forward to running with my new server mates.

So far the only thing I would ask is someone spamming the TS/Vent/Mumble info. I couldn’t seem to get it from anyone in map chat Saturday or Sunday.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Sorry Tyaen, our weekend crews are not always the best examples of Tarnished Coast. Sometimes we have folks that have been left out of the loop on the grand organization and coordination going on behind the scenes. Trying to correct some of that now with a little campaign I’m engaging on.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

From blackgate btw) and TC and FA seem like you guys are making it interesting still…also with what has been said about so many jumping to BG and the bums
Joining the server than sadly may be time to leave even
Though have been in BG since start

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: motku.2354

motku.2354

My goodness; reading through this thread makes me want to transfer to TC. Not due to WvW prowess, but for the RP. I get tired of non-RP out here. Take that back, I tire of people saying “that’s gay” or “ure coming?”

Persea – [BOMB]
King of the Avocados, Master of Lies, ONE FEWER Assblaster, OG Milkshaker
Fort Aspenwood WvWer

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Dunnberry, if your definition of FA making things ‘interesting’ is camping the jumping puzzle, then yes, they are.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

It was awfully boring…

Then go grab some friends, get them in that map with you, and punch a hole through their lines and get back on the map.

Yeah, my friends just happened to not be on at the time. Overall it was bad timing. I did get on with my friends later… to Eternal Battleground, at which point I did get to see some action and have some fun (and I saw the Borderlands had gained some ground again.)

It was a combination of bad timing, and seemingly no one on our server going into Borderlands – or rather, they would get on, see what we had, and leave without participating.

I did try taking other side exits, but again, at the time I only ever got one person to go with me. We did get to a few camps. But before we could take them, groups of 8+ BC players would show up, with no one else from TC ever showing up. :/ It was just a bit frustrating.

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in WvW

Posted by: enos.1580

enos.1580

I’ve only seen him on the field once, but TC has a commander that stays in character the whole time and it’s spectacular. I got downed in a keep siege once, and he runs over and starts reviving me while saying “Get up soldier! No time to NAP!”

Loved it.

—Arakny, 80 Engineer
—Tarnished Coast

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I believe Odinzu does that (I found his name to be cool… Odin + Sun Zu = Odinzu). His guild is EP (Everything Purple). They are some of TC’s best players. They have at least two commanders I’ve played with. Both of them were very tactically gifted. Perhaps one of them was Odinzu’s alt. Not sure. They both displayed a solid knowledge of military tactics and are one of the reasons we do well on EB.

Being a commander is as easy as paying some gold. Being a good commander is freaking hard. There is a lot of quick thinking to be done. Good communication skills are a must. In my opinion, there should be at LEAST two commanders on every map. We don’t always have this, and sometimes we don’t have any. I won’t say any names, but some of them clearly purchased the tag and put it on just to be important. A commander must always communicate with his troops. Or pass his commands down through a communications channel. Without this you have no command and control structure and the battle is lost.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Haha, I do that when I’m commanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

I’m from Blackgate and I gotta say you TC bros are alright and only because of this one single event lol.
I was partied with a guildy (warrior+guardian was our combo) and we claimed the tower right outside TC spawning point a few days ago during non-peak hours. We fought a couple small groups, but mostly this Warrior + Ele. It was pretty much duels really, pretty dam fun. Then some FA solo hero thief showed up and was being annoying (lots of stealthing, running away/hiding, coming back in when we started fighting again blah blah blah. annoying Thief aka ALL THIEFS >.< ) My buddy and I got annoyed and backed away. FA thief switched focus to you TC guys and while you fought we waited, and once she blew her invisibility’s then we charged in and locked her down. Got her to downed state with TC help, let them do the finisher, did a /bow, and told my friend that I’m not killing them anymore to which he happily agreed with. For the next, i dunno, 20-30 minutes we just did a exchange of the sentry for karma/exp. Then other BG people showed up and attacked TC and that was that, lol.
So props to you TC Bros for being cool. If I ever tire of, and this is just my opinion btw, Blackgates somewhat cold disposition, I’d place you guys on the list of possible transfers, not much of a RP’er though (assuming RP means role play) >.<

in WvW

HenryAu.7523

@Nanashi: Some of you BG guys are really cool. I think one of your guys wanted the vista right outside of our EB keep. I happened to be there, he quickly put me in the downed state (he was really geared hahah), did a /bow, and left me alone to heal up. I was seriously surprised how nice he was.

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

TC and Crystal Desert really got along in our match up thread…. TC and Black Gate are really getting along. What is it with TC buddying up with their upper tier enemies?

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

TC and Crystal Desert really got along in our match up thread…. TC and Black Gate are really getting along. What is it with TC buddying up with their upper tier enemies?

Simple. Mutual respect.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

1/2 my post didn’t show, as I said I’m inactive this week so can’t see it firsthand but from reading forum it seems they both have been continually fighting

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

(repost from Guru)

Well.. obviously it seems people are just gonna sit out against Blackgate which is a shame because FA has the following guilds on it who just haven’t coordinated yet. In theory FA is the last underdog potential T1/T2 server that isn’t completely full yet.

Well.. obviously it seems people are just gonna sit out against Blackgate which is a shame because FA has the following guilds on it who just haven’t coordinated yet. In theory FA is the last underdog potential T1/T2 server that isn’t completely full yet.Paintrain [Ptx] – former Ascencion Alliance and founding member (good group of guys who know what they’re doing when I ran with them)
The Roman Empire [Tre] (over 300 WvW members from what I’ve heard)
SoA – former Titan Alliance
Unlimited – former Titan Alliance
Legion in Flames – WvW from Darkhaven
Underworld Knights – WvW from Darkhaven
Saga – apparently not as active as they used to be

However.. no one’s really turning up to fight or maybe they are just waiting till Blackgate moves out of the tier. The active WvW servers are definitely well known now and things are even more stacked towards them than “Season 1” of HoD/JQ/SBI/ET ever was. IMO Blackgate is definitely the new T1 along with JQQ now.

Anyhow.. going from ET/Ruin to FA has definitely taught me that this game is GUILD WARS. Literally, the servers are the teams and the guilds are the players. Without guild groups who lead the charge to both take AND hold territory, there will be no investment in siege and only half hearted pushes. Seeing even a single flame ram in a push on FA is rare exception. Guilds definitely need to step up and agree to provide presence and leadership here because FA is mostly a bunch of soloers and small guilds right now. I was with a zerg who outnumbered LoTD almost 2 to 1 and yet they broke and retreated the minute they saw a guild group because FA doesn’t really field them. While we can see Syn, DiE(not sure if I got this one right) and other tags from Blackgate clearly moving about and doing their thing. It’s funny how now a guild group of 5 LotD is suddenly a “force” while in the ET days we would say ohh.. they’re a good bunch of guys but “there’s just not that many of them”.

Anyhow.. FA’s fairweather-ness is gonna be the deal breaker here. Fine use Blackgate as an excuse this week, but if it’s the same next week I can’t see many of the guilds that you do have here sticking around. Right now.. every server who has been a recipient of ex-TA is doing well and it’s been nothing but a boon EXCEPT for FA. The ex-Titan guys might be sitting out until they see more effort.

Anyhow.. FA’s fairweather-ness is gonna be the deal breaker here. Fine use Blackgate as an excuse this week, but if it’s the same next week I can’t see many of the guilds that you do have here sticking around. Right now.. every server who has been a recipient of ex-TA is doing well and it’s been nothing but a boon EXCEPT for FA. The ex-Titan guys might be sitting out until they see more effort.FA is on the fence right now between underdog and never-will-be

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

What ex-TA guilds are on Tarnished Coast?

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

None as far as I know.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I sincerely hope not.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Haptic.6239

Haptic.6239

I haven’t kept up much with the politics, but what are the top WvW guilds from TC?

We have a mixture of WvWvW guilds and Rp PvP guilds that do some WvWvW.

I will give the initials of some of the top WvWvW guilds (in terms of size) in TC since I’ve been around in BETA, as to not butcher their full names.

-PiNK with our famous Commander Commander Jadon.
-EP
-TSL with yours truly, Commander Floxxx and Commmander Madember.
-RELM
-SWAG
-TSG (Yay Aussies!)
-FLUX
-SC (Shadow Company RP PvP)
-MF with Commander Mo Bedda Cheese, Commander Skornn (and 2 others) as a recent addition.
-MORT (Haven’t seen them around recently.)
-WaM (Haven’t seem them around recently either.)

Please feel free to add to this list. I will also PM you other guild leaders of large WvWvW guilds about upcoming improvements to our WvWvW Alliance. Make sure you state your main character name, size of guild (approx. numbers you field in Dubb Vee Dubb or specific nights you field them, if not daily).

MORT’s primary WvW play-times are Tuesday and Thursday nights. That is when you will see the majority of our players present.

Haptic of <The Unholy Mackerels>
theunholymackerels.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Fort Aspenwood isn’t there yet, but I was told about this site tonight. Helping to spread the word and also make it a bit easier for any other guilds considering the server.

http://www.fortaspenwoodwvw.com
http://www.fortaspenwoodwvw.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12&p=18#p18 – Guild List that I’m aware of so far.

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

in WvW

Posted by: Hix.8925

Hix.8925

One of the funny things I’ve noticed on TC, at least on EB, is that when no commanders are on, anyone who suggests attacking any target other than retaking something in our part of the map, people won’t do it because “we can’t hold that.” But when commanders are on, they repeatedly attack things we can’t hold.

I also think that people who aren’t solo players like me should but play off-peak should probably form a new guild and decide on a commander because IMO the biggest problem with the times when there is no known commander on is that there are various competing strategies being discussed, usually more than 1 have viable reasoning behind them, and no one can convince a critical mass of people to follow them so we end up unable to do anything even when we don’t have outnumbered buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: Perim.8563

Perim.8563

I hadn’t queued at all this week after seeing we were red again. Just tired of it, and it’s hard to remember a time when we weren’t red. Maybe that’s some of the reason for fair weather-ness on FA. I’m also usually alone from my guild when I do go, and it’s started to get to me.
I had been noticing a decline as the weeks went on though. Near release and through the 24hr matches there were constant multi-hour queues just to get in anywhere, and for the last few weeks there had been no queues whenever I tried to join. I’d never even seen an outnumbered buff during my playtimes until last week.

Braïn – Engi, Mimirr – War
[HOPE] – Fort Aspenwood Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Orchis.6087

Orchis.6087

I hadn’t queued at all this week after seeing we were red again. Just tired of it, and it’s hard to remember a time when we weren’t red. Maybe that’s some of the reason for fair weather-ness on FA. I’m also usually alone from my guild when I do go, and it’s started to get to me.
I had been noticing a decline as the weeks went on though. Near release and through the 24hr matches there were constant multi-hour queues just to get in anywhere, and for the last few weeks there had been no queues whenever I tried to join. I’d never even seen an outnumbered buff during my playtimes until last week.

It’s based on your position in the tier. The ways things are shaping up, you are going to be blue next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

TA was most likely just rebranding to get away from the bad name they had created for them selfs by exploiting and maybe cutting some fat in the process.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

We’re gonna rocket up the bracket again. I hope we’re better prepared to play with the big boys this time. Worried we’ve gotten too complacent this week.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Welcome to green world

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Lets hope so a T3 win is a good start.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

We’re gonna rocket up the bracket again. I hope we’re better prepared to play with the big boys this time. Worried we’ve gotten too complacent this week.

Can’t wait for this week to be done. >_<

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

in WvW

Posted by: Haydez.3180

Haydez.3180

Based on the projected rankings model, we should place solid T2 on Friday. If we do that and score well in the next match up, we’ve got a good shot at T1 in under 2 weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Guildmaster
Lords of the Dead
www.lotd.org