10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

In the Bay Map of BG Borderlands, we TC would often fight blackgate, only to have GODS’ or ULT from FA take their guilds and attack us whenever we started pushing offense. It would be a quick wipe of them, then back to the real fight. Not sure what they were trying to prove, maybe that they enjoyed fighting non-orbed opponents more? It was really funny when FA would mount a siege on Briar only to get roflstomped by Blackgate who would siege us shortly after.

This was earlier in the week though, haven’t had as much time for gaming lately. Can’t wait to get back in there with my Toasties!

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Commander Floxxx, you aren’t allowed to take ANY time off. Sir.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Batercus.6257

Batercus.6257

Good times against TC, but BG is just a zerg fest. The only reason we engage TC more is because it is more of an enjoyable fight facing similar numbers. Hope next week brings FA a less FOTM transfer server.

in WvW

Posted by: Unsullied.2059

Unsullied.2059

Fighting alongside my TC mates in this week’s matchup, despite being a lopsided score, has only INCREASED my desire to play WvW. Fighting skirmishes against 2-1 odds has forced me to improve my skills. Defending towers and keeps like it’s the Alamo, and usually holding on, is a blast. Despite often being outnumbered this week, attitudes are great, RPing is present, and leadership is strong.

Late at night, those still on fight for every scrap, even knowing that eventually we will lose to the overnight, but we refuse to make it easy! But also, every prime time, we get to take some back – when we have numbers, things get done.

So keep up the good fight TC! I think we are getting stronger and more organized each week. And for everyone who has led, battled hard, left no one behind (fantastic reviving this week btw), or made me laugh – thanks. I hope to join one of the larger WvW guilds soon for better communication, but it has still been good running with our commanders and others jumping in (Nyari Cil, Lil Chuck).

It may just land in the ranking system that we are always matched up against a 24/7 or “upper tier” server.. so be it. I know I will have fun with this crew. And that’s what it is all about in the end.

Zolo – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: klineshrike.9034

klineshrike.9034

Basically for us on FA, if we want a fun an engaging matchup next week we are going to either need to pull much closer to TC or outright surpass them in points to keep them below SOR and put them in Tier 4 with us. SOR vs FA vs DB will be a horrible match, but TC vs FA vs DB will be awesome matchup.

So no offense to the guys at TC, but for the sake of next weeks matchup, we really need to overcome you tonight.

Phoebe Drake – Elementalist of [NICE]
Proud defender of FA

(edited by klineshrike.9034)

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Basically for us on FA, if we want a fun an engaging matchup next week we are going to either need to pull much closer to TC or outright surpass them in points to keep them below SOR and put them in Tier 4 with us. SOR vs FA vs DB will be a horrible match, but TC vs FA vs DB will be awesome matchup.

So no offense to the guys at TC, but for the sake of next weeks matchup, we really need to overcome you tonight.

Part of me wants to see you do that because your reasoning is sound. Trust me, if you don’t surpass us tonight the results for us next week are even worse than yours. On the other hand, I’m not sure its in us to just give it to you. It will be a fight, a hard fought one, but I am rooting for you (and us indirectly) to surpass us.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: dartanion.9380

dartanion.9380

FA does not need to pass TC. Sanctum is currently behind TC by 2 points overall. Hopefully next weeks WvW will not involve one server zerging everything all day. The fun kinda drops off when you can’t engage anyone without 40 more showing up and steamrolling you.

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

ROFL, now here’s a great excuse that I can understand for FA to attack TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Dracil.8365

Dracil.8365

Not sure about hitting TC, but the FA group I was with last night on TC BL, we were intentionally hitting BG camps/towers and trying to leave you guys alone so you could cap their stuff more permanently.

Of course, some of the people not in the squad had other ideas.

in WvW

klineshrike.9034

Part of me wants to see you do that because your reasoning is sound. Trust me, if you don’t surpass us tonight the results for us next week are even worse than yours. On the other hand, I’m not sure its in us to just give it to you. It will be a fight, a hard fought one, but I am rooting for you (and us indirectly) to surpass us.

I wouldn’t expect you to give it to us anyway. This is more of a rallying cry for FA. However, it would be both epic of you and lucritive as well to assist us together in attempting to take down BG tonight and allowing us to take over the points toward this goal.

However like I said, this is for FA to rise up. Normally it all doesn’t matter much and the most important thing is each fight and giving it your all. But tonight we can make a difference, a meaningful impact. Victory has a tangable benefit. So I can only hope we can show up tonight and bring it to show that when its necessary we can hang. Tonight is the night to do it.

Proud defender of FA

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I wouldn’t expect you to give it to us anyway. This is more of a rallying cry for FA. However, it would be both epic of you and lucritive as well to assist us together in attempting to take down BG tonight and allowing us to take over the points toward this goal.

However like I said, this is for FA to rise up. Normally it all doesn’t matter much and the most important thing is each fight and giving it your all. But tonight we can make a difference, a meaningful impact. Victory has a tangable benefit. So I can only hope we can show up tonight and bring it to show that when its necessary we can hang. Tonight is the night to do it.

We actually did that last night, although some of the FA folks were taking supply camps behind us we needed to press the bay. I know others from FA were not killing or taking things. We’ll see how it goes tonight, but I don’t think anyone on TC has a problem blacking BG’s eye right now.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Score update please.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Sanctum of Rall and Sea of Sorrows have both received buttloads of transfers and are effortlessly steamrolling their opposition.

If at all possible I would like to fight in a bracket without either of those servers in it. TC has been good this matchup. Last time we fought dragonbrand they were better than us, but it was still competitive. A TC-DB-FA matchup would probably be pretty good.

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

It is nigh impossible for FA to pass us at this point. Here is the current score.

Attachments:

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I get giddy just thinking of a TC vs FA vs DB match up. I think that’d be a lot of fun.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

FA needs to stay within 5-7k of TC to guarantee they both move down to t4 together.

Otherwise it’s going to be SoR/FA/DB- which is lopsided.

And CD/SoS/TC- which is also lopsided.

Ideally, I think everyone wants CD/SoS/SoR and TC/FA/DB.

FA needs to get to work!

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Yeah, unless BG and TC log off entirely for the next 24 hours, it’s not even remotely possible.

We’ve had good fights with BG, given equal numbers. It’s a shame that we’re kind of stuck in this stepping stone position for servers that severely out-pop us on their way to Tier 2. Hopefully, next week with CD and SoS is a little more competitive.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

TC and FA (rather mostly TC), that was a great resistance yesterday night in the Eternal battlegrounds and then in the other maps. Where have these actions been all week? Quite enjoyed the night and even told my guildies, whoever was left online at that time, to jump in on the action.

in WvW

klineshrike.9034

We would not necessarilly HAVE to pass TC (although mathematically with 24 hours left we would only need to maintain 160 more points the whole time to do so) but simply drastically close the gap.

Things do reset late friday correct?

Proud defender of FA

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

TC and FA (rather mostly TC), that was a great resistance yesterday night in the Eternal battlegrounds and then in the other maps. Where have these actions been all week? Quite enjoyed the night and even told my guildies, whoever was left online at that time, to jump in on the action.

If you’re talking from around 10 pm PST to 12 am PST last night when we were taking supply camps and Mendon’s tower, etc. That was a pretty terrible time. 3 to 5 FA people take a camp/tower….20 to 40 BG people show up. Every time you saw a lone BG person, you knew you had to run cuz you knew the zerg would be heading over asap. Purty awesome.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

sceptus.9415

We noticed at a certain time every night, NA, I think at the end of prime time or even later, BG’s evening zerg shows up for its feeding. At this point you can count on endless waves of enemies. You can wipe them out over and over, and each time a new set appears. Eventually, they wear you down and setup siege outside your spawn. Fun times.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: dartanion.9380

dartanion.9380

For all of you talking about TC and Sanctum, try checking the scores.
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
This shows TC .8 ahead of Sanctum, while TC loses points and Sanctum gains points.
Instead of speculating or asking TC to help FA, just look at scores.

in WvW

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

. . . but SoS has gained a metric kitten ton of people since we beat them last and are currently rolling all over maguuma and dragonbrand. It’s not even funny.

I agree with you for the most part, except for the above. When Maguuma gets rolled, it’s pretty funny. My favorite servers are TC and whoever’s beating on Goon.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

We would not necessarilly HAVE to pass TC (although mathematically with 24 hours left we would only need to maintain 160 more points the whole time to do so) but simply drastically close the gap.

Things do reset late friday correct?

Well I will be on tonight and tomorrow to try to help make that happen, armed with siege blueprints!

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Anyone got a score update?

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

BG is still roughly quadrupling the score of the next nearest server, I imagine.

in WvW

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

If you’re talking from around 10 pm PST to 12 am PST last night when we were taking supply camps and Mendon’s tower, etc. That was a pretty terrible time. 3 to 5 FA people take a camp/tower….20 to 40 BG people show up. Every time you saw a lone BG person, you knew you had to run cuz you knew the zerg would be heading over asap. Purty awesome.

I was talking about 3-6am PDT on 18 Oct.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Stay classy BG. Nice job on the perma stealth thief guild tag TDA in Umberwood not allowing us to flip the camp for a good 3 or 4 minutes. For the 10th time Devs you really need to fix this mechanic. It’s griefing plain and simple.

Attachments:

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Pboogie.7418

Pboogie.7418

Here a picture BG steath forever at umber supply camp.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

There’s no ability to counter stalth, which is odd i think. but they should atleast make thiefs not able to stealth, attack for a 14k backstab and then go into stealth again before you can even get an attack of.

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Nylena.6753

Nylena.6753

Early in the week BG was a real classy winner. Now of course, they have attracted the trash, the hackers, the griefers/spawn campers, etc. etc.

As for stealth, it is BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN… no one should be able to remain hidden for 3 minutes in a row while waltzing in the middle of 20 people taking a potshot here and there. Doing damage and being invisible is WRONG. It’s been wrong and forbidden in absolutely every game.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Someone’s going to get the KITTEN-head axe.

VVV edit: I am at work. Working oh so hard… VVV

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Shouldn’t you be at work? Also, some FA are so annoying and sneaky. The way you guys swoop in and try to cap things after Toasties have done all the hard work and prep.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Pboogie.7418

Pboogie.7418

I’m thief I can’t even stealth that long.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

BGv2 has by far been the least classy server we’ve faced so far. BGv1 was good tough opponents. Not sure what changed.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

FA was making efforts tonight for a final push in our BL and in BG’s, hoping to show BG they can’t have it all their own way! We made quite a lot of progress. When we started in FA BL, I think FA literally owned not a single thing.

We retook our garrison, and then even dreaming bay and nabbed the orb, which ran out the north gate as some BG with golem showed up at the south gate. We fought a long battle with BG around south dreaming bay gate, once even pushing them back far enough to grab the supply camp. Eventually they layered the area in siege and we couldn’t put up enough of our own because TC was very assiduously attacking our supply camps (but not, apparently, BG’s). You’d think the two weaker servers would work together against the stronger, instead of the two stronger servers double teaming the weaker, but game mechanics actually encourage picking on the little guy so I don’t blame them at all.

We eventually lost DB after a nice long fight, then proceeded to have running battles with BG in between LV, arah’s, and DB. They’d get up to LV and get massacred by our siege then we’d go down to DB and get massacred by theirs and the cycle would repeat.

A good time was had by all, which just goes to show how misleading the score is. We didn’t make a dent in BG’s embarrassingly large lead, but at one point were almost doubling TC’s points, helping to close the gap between us. I really don’t want to be facing overpopulated server xfer dumping grounds like sea of sorrows or sanctum of rall next match up. If sanctum passes TC, then TC winds up with FA and DB in a bracket which I think would probably be fairly balanced.

FA can give BG a fight at least during our prime time, but only really in two of the zones. Ideally next match up we’ll all be sized up against opponents more our own level.

Attachments:

in WvW

Usagi.4835

@Vorpal I think it’s just a miscommunication issue tbh. The same thing has been happening in Toastie’s BL regarding working against BG. It doesn’t work for us because FA still attack us lol. I even used emotes to tell a group of FA I encountered that I wasn’t going to attack them and they still killed me ._.

Equally though, I’m not going to point fingers or anything but FA have been in our BLs, hitting our camps whilst we’re facing off against DB and then swooping into the bay keep with their zerg to try and cap it, even though we did all the hard work. In either case, you guys sure are annoying lol ^^

in WvW

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

@ the stealth qq’ers please realize that the problem is not permanent stealth, it is the rendering /culling issue that makes it so you cant see thieves after they already are out. We’ve all been killed by it, we all know its a problem, the Devs know its a problem. So please stop qqing about stealth which can be countered because when stealthed we still take damage the same as when we aren’t stealthed. And focus on the real problem.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Posted by: Tarmon.6542

Tarmon.6542

@ those people who qq about stealth qq’ers I suggest you think about what combining the culling issue with stealth abuse plus adding in a speed hack would do. That is the real issue at hand. Not saying that happens in every instance, but when it does it is a real pain.

in WvW

Posted by: Nylena.6753

Nylena.6753

FA is pushing TC again now instead of BG, and i’m not talking about ogres/umber, that’s kind of normal trade/trade… I really don’t get it to be honest. They just don’t want to understand… or more likely they are just scared of BG.

in WvW

dakotahkid.2685

So you are saying that the real issue is the stealth combined with culling. So what do you suggest? crippling the thief by removing stealth until they get the culling fixed? And there is nothing I can do about thieves with speed hacks. Except report it when I see it same as anyone else.

and Nylena, it makes more tactical sense for them to attack the weaker of the two opponents. Same reason BG pushed on IOJ last matchup when we were losing by a landslide.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Usagi.4835

TC isn’t the weaker server though. They are. It would also make sense for them to work with us against BG but I think they’re capping stuff because they’re desperate to get points so that we both get pushed down to Tier 4, which I understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

If you put DoTs on a thief, the DoT damage will tick and show you where they are a couple of seconds before the rendering kicks in. It is like sonar. I can’t imagine fighting one without it anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

FA is pushing TC again now instead of BG, and i’m not talking about ogres/umber, that’s kind of normal trade/trade… I really don’t get it to be honest. They just don’t want to understand… or more likely they are just scared of BG.

Or they’re just, playing the game.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

@Usagi:

The reason you see FA attacking you is because the game makes you an easier target than BG. Yes, it would be more beneficial to create a temporary alliance between the two lower tier servers and fight the big one but the average player does not understand this. The average player only knows that your team does not outnumber them 3 to 1 and does not have 150 more everything and 15% extra health. The average player will attack your side simply because you are an easier target than the lead server. This is the number one reason in my opinion that they should change the orb buff, because it undermines the inherent balancing system of three faction PvP to encourage squabbling between the two servers who are not winning.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Good news. It seems Sanctum has managed to keep the pain train rolling – we will see you in tier 4 TC – and it will be an awesome match for tiers 3 and 4 if nobody decides to use our servers as transfer landing pads.

in WvW

dakotahkid.2685

TC isn’t the weaker server though. They are. It would also make sense for them to work with us against BG but I think they’re capping stuff because they’re desperate to get points so that we both get pushed down to Tier 4, which I understand.

Think about it like this. TC is in 2nd place with 89k points or so, FA is last with 72k, If FA wants to stay in T3 instead of moving down to T4 they need to over take TC in score. The easiest way to do this is make sure TC doesn’t get points on the score board so that FA’s score continues to go up and TC’s score stays the same. If FA allies with TC, and attacks BG, both FA and TC’s points rise(potentially if they succeed in attacking BG) which keeps them in 3rd place.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Posted by: robert namo.7243

robert namo.7243

Taking the Orb outnumbered but with no resistance we managed to take the orb to our keep, but this guy for 5 minutes just held on to it. He later put it on the alter but I think he deserves the spotlight for being an kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

A shame that he managed to ruin the mood for a few players. Blocking is a wonderful feature.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Just since we’re all a bit sick of Blackgate zerging around, I wish more people could have been there tonight to see them attack TC Garrison with 7 golems. They lost them all within a minute. It was hilarious.