10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/7646/gw071x.jpg

thought i’d post some of our bravado last night, ballistas sure can swing a battle around.

Also BG seems to waste resources, building 1 treb, 5 arrowcarts, 4 catas and 2 ballistas to take our last un-upgraded tower in TC borderlands. It was quite hilarious, we just retook the tower a few min later anyway.

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Yah, I understood that part already lol. I know they probably feel the same way as us, but from our perspective, it just feels a little bit annoying that they’ve only decided to come out in force now when we’ve been fighting all week. Nvm! ^^

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Might as well…

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/gw015x.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/gw016y.jpg/

Guess uh…. guess you guys didn’t hold up Langors so well did ya…

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I’d be impressed if we didn’t have the “Outmanned!” buff around the clock. Or if you guys can manage it against Eredon Terrace (even if RUIN did leave them)

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

Might as well…

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/gw015x.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/gw016y.jpg/

Guess uh…. guess you guys didn’t hold up Langors so well did ya…

Not tonight

Far too few people in EB, and the lethargy of knowing that a new match was just around the corner had set in.

However, we did build a treb atop the jump tower, and held that against all comers for several hours – an entertaining way to wind down the match. Thanks to all the BG folks who tried repeatedly to deal with us for being good sports. You got a few of us off there and dead every now and then!

We had so few people we couldn’t even get more than 5 to retake our towers, so this was our defensive position for this evening. As those who tried to destroy our treb found, the Queen and her team are awfully good at defending!

Good luck to all you folk at BG in your next upper tier match

~Nyari Cil, Queen.

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Yah, BG camping our spawn point. Keep it classy, BG.

EDIT: Nyari, you make me laugh so much. “The Queen of Quentin Lake does not give up her Royal Residence so easily!” >:D

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: filc.7051

filc.7051

There is more than one exit from the camp. Learn to use them Usagi.

in WvW

Raven Paradox.1860

Yah, BG camping our spawn point. Keep it classy, BG.

EDIT: Nyari, you make me laugh so much. “The Queen of Quentin Lake does not give up her Royal Residence so easily!” >:D

There is no spawn camping.

in WvW

Posted by: Orchis.6087

Orchis.6087

Match is almost over so I’m going to give a bit of advice to those of you at Fort Aspenwood. You guys seems to really like to take the south middle island and the southern supply camp. You like that area so much that you constantly go on the bridges to reach the other side. It is really easy to hit you on that are with a treb and balista. We’ve kept you on the island for over 3 hours before with minimal siege because of how narrow it is. We’ve named it zerg island because the FA zerg is always on that island and continuously wipes on it. I’d highly suggest finding new routes instead of going through the island.

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Projection:

Tier 3:

CD
SoS
SoR

Tier 4:

TC
FA
DB

I look forward to this matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

T4 looks to be quite an even match. I am actually rather grateful TC got dropped down to T4 by SoR, having to fight both CD and SoS V2.0 would be absolutely devastating.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

@Vorpal I think it’s just a miscommunication issue tbh. The same thing has been happening in Toastie’s BL regarding working against BG. It doesn’t work for us because FA still attack us lol. I even used emotes to tell a group of FA I encountered that I wasn’t going to attack them and they still killed me ._.

Equally though, I’m not going to point fingers or anything but FA have been in our BLs, hitting our camps whilst we’re facing off against DB and then swooping into the bay keep with their zerg to try and cap it, even though we did all the hard work. In either case, you guys sure are annoying lol ^^

I’m not blaming TC for going after FA at all. In fact, the game encourages the two weaker servers to fight each other instead of the big guy. The incentives are all wrong.

In this specific, unusual case, I think it would benefit both TC and FA if TC’s score and FA’s score got closer together, but I realize this will not always be the case and not everyone will see it that way. So I don’t blame TC people for attacking FA – the idea that ‘the two weaker servers will gang up on the stronger server’ simply doesn’t work with the way the game is set up currently.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

@ those people who qq about stealth qq’ers I suggest you think about what combining the culling issue with stealth abuse plus adding in a speed hack would do. That is the real issue at hand. Not saying that happens in every instance, but when it does it is a real pain.

There are in fact perma stealth builds that use CnD every few seconds. That is a real issue.

The other real issue is that stealthed thieves prevent the capping of points – and that is the main issue being discussed here.

in WvW

Posted by: drnuncheon.8029

drnuncheon.8029

I was in for a while on Weds night and our commanders were making every effort to concentrate on BG and not mess with FA. (As much as you can with zerglings in play, anyway. There’s no controlling some people.)

We pressed them hard enough on the bay keep and their supply camps that they actually had to let you guys out to play, and five minutes later we started hearing “FA at the garrison water gate”.

I mean…really? No supply lines, no control over any territory in between your spawn and there, we’re pressing the guys who are keeping you bottled up, and you’re poking us at the garrison? I know it wasn’t deliberate, but you were great allies for BG.

in WvW

Raven Paradox.1860

I was in for a while on Weds night and our commanders were making every effort to concentrate on BG and not mess with FA. (As much as you can with zerglings in play, anyway. There’s no controlling some people.)

We pressed them hard enough on the bay keep and their supply camps that they actually had to let you guys out to play, and five minutes later we started hearing “FA at the garrison water gate”.

I mean…really? No supply lines, no control over any territory in between your spawn and there, we’re pressing the guys who are keeping you bottled up, and you’re poking us at the garrison? I know it wasn’t deliberate, but you were great allies for BG.

You guys talk like we haven’t dealt with FA either. People are going to attack what they think they can take. Just a few hours ago, FA took our entire BL and had 2 of the orbs. Needless to say, when we were done farming EBG we went back and took it all.

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Projection:

Tier 3:

CD
SoS
SoR

Tier 4:

TC
FA
DB

I look forward to this matchup.

If the plus 1 button were showing up I’d use it but alas I only know the way to quote so +1 lol. I agree I think the next matchup should be a lot of fun! Looking forward to some good fights (and to more people in my server FA actually showing up!).

Edit: Apparently /upvote is the way to +1. Will have to remember that next time the buttons disappear.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

I have been very impressed with the way TC has stuck together and kept fighting all week like the scoreboard didn’t exist. I am also pleased to see our commanders and leaders have gleaned a lot from BG that we can use in future battles. I like to think of these matchups as being similar to growing up with a very competitive big brother. Yes, he will kick your kitten every chance he gets and shows no mercy, but when you finally get to fight someone your own size you realize how much you learned from them. Thanks for a good weeks worth of “lessons” BG & FA. Good luck to you in your next round! (just as long as it isn’t against us!)

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

Good matchup guys. Well.. at least I had fun farming the mindless Blackgate zergs. I do apologize to Raven for FA having the Outmanned buff all the time and for our 15 man groups not being able to hold every point on every map. lol

To the TC folks: when you make custom emotes we can’t see them. It just says you “gestured” or something. I always figure you guys are just trying to give us hugs but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to kill you. (We must kill that which we do not understand!) I have had a few folks /wave and /dance with me during standoffs and thought it was cool.

Blackgate had some interesting groups but I rarely saw anything beyond the mindless zergs. I spent a lot of time purposely dragging them out just to farm badges from them because they were so disorganized. And then any time they actually caught me they’d spam emotes. Great sportsmanship guys.

Also, pretty sure I killed a TC group that may have been having a picnic or something (all sitting around a field emoting to each other).. I’m still wondering what they were doing there.

Don’t mind me. I’m just roleplaying a Mesmer who likes to cause chaos.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

(edited by Stonesolid.2706)

in WvW

Posted by: undead.3175

undead.3175

Most of uXa (blackgate)has been breaking for the last few days
Due to it being such a large lead .. Farming a defeated team just brings us down..
We have been stocking up siege and preparing for our hard week we will have ahead of us!
Thanx too the other servers for your good sportsmanship and i commend you for sticking around on a losing server!

You cant kill whats already dead …

in WvW

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

Due to it being such a large lead .. Farming a defeated team just brings us down..
We have been stocking up siege and preparing for our hard week we will have ahead of us!
Thanx too the other servers for your good sportsmanship and i commend you for sticking around on a losing server!

Losing server? What are you talking about? The overall score is just a representation of who has the higher population and more active people through the entire day/night. It has absolutely nothing to do with “losing” anything. When I’m on with my guild, we end up taking our borderland back and drive blackgate back to their spawn. Thats a “win”. I don’t care what happens when I’m not playing, because that’s not me winning or losing, thats just some other people playing a video game.

I assume the alternative of “sticking around on a losing server” would mean transfer? Sorta like most of blackgate? I guess through the transitive property, that means blackgate is just a server full of ex-loser server transfers?

Please just save your snarky pity comments. Saying your guild cant bother to play because you “farm a defeated team” is a load of bull. You guys have HUGE queue times because you have a HUGE population, simple as that. In even fights we do just fine against you guys. Thanks for commending our sportsmanship, and try to show some yourself by not leaving condescending comments like this.

Here is how it looks when we are on during our primtime every day this week:
http://imgur.com/VmwAH
http://imgur.com/Hma6b

As you can see, we just don’t have the population to cover all the borderlands and eternal. So we focus on destroying blackgates mindless zerg in our own borderland. We are very far from being a “losing server”.

(edited by Badwrong.3596)

in WvW

Posted by: Haker.5067

Haker.5067

Losing server? What are you talking about? The overall score is just a representation of who has the higher population and more active people through the entire day/night. It has absolutely nothing to do with “losing” anything. When I’m on with my guild, we end up taking our borderland back and drive blackgate back to their spawn. Thats a “win”. I don’t care what happens when I’m not playing, because that’s not me winning or losing, thats just some other people playing a video game.

I assume the alternative of “sticking around on a losing server” would mean transfer? Sorta like most of blackgate? I guess through the transitive property, that means blackgate is just a server full of ex-loser server transfers?

Please just save your snarky pity comments. Saying your guild cant bother to play because you “farm a defeated team” is a load of bull. You guys have HUGE queue times because you have a HUGE population, simple as that. In even fights we do just fine against you guys. Thanks for commending our sportsmanship, and try to show some yourself by not leaving condescending comments like this.

Here is how it looks when we are on during our primtime every day this week:
http://imgur.com/VmwAH
http://imgur.com/Hma6b

As you can see, we just don’t have the population to cover all the borderlands and eternal. So we focus on destroying blackgates mindless zerg in our own borderland. We are very far from being a “losing server”.

+1

It’s really funny how BG members are so full of themselves. It’s also sad how I’d be willing to bet that a large percentage of their population is actually pretty nice, and we’re just seeing all of the arrogant people coming on here and posting.

To the guy you quoted: LOL. I’m surprised that you’re commending us on our good sportsmanship, whilst showing none yourself. I’d be willing to bet that you ended up transferring over to BG at some point, coming from one of the “losing servers”. So, thanks for the shoutout, I’m also pretty proud of myself, along with my fellow FA and TC members for not switching servers once the going gets tough. WvW is broken to hell because of the server transfers, so kudos to people that realize it and are sticking with their server until transfers cost gems, in order to create more even matches in the future!

in WvW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I know you guys are just letting off some steam with the “you have more” arguments, but it really goes deeper than that. TC are easy kills, and FA zergs can be taken down with half their size.

As for wasting resources, why has no one mentioned our 4 golem suicide on the Greenlake door last night? I want recognition for that 4 gold down the drain! :P

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/7646/gw071x.jpg

thought i’d post some of our bravado last night, ballistas sure can swing a battle around.

Also BG seems to waste resources, building 1 treb, 5 arrowcarts, 4 catas and 2 ballistas to take our last un-upgraded tower in TC borderlands. It was quite hilarious, we just retook the tower a few min later anyway.

This fight, and most of the fights last night were SO much fun. We had about 20-25 Unlimited [ULTD] on and (as per usual) we were just destroying the zergs as they poured into choke point after choke point. We only held a few things, but kitten did we have a great time. Cheers to future battles.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Orchis.6087

I know you guys are just letting off some steam with the “you have more” arguments, but it really goes deeper than that. TC are easy kills, and FA zergs can be taken down with half their size.

As for wasting resources, why has no one mentioned our 4 golem suicide on the Greenlake door last night? I want recognition for that 4 gold down the drain! :P

This.

When the proper commanders and people are on, there is massive coordination on Blackgate that leads to some pretty awesome accomplishments. Yes, Blackgate now has a decent enough population in all time zones to carry on 24/7, but just look at our past efforts. Each week we have improved and even when we were in T2, we were only about 10k behind IoJ, who now dominated their tier. So what does that really say? IoJ had far more coverage than us, yet we were able to keep on pace on them despite all the odds against us.

Yes, having 24/7 coverage does make things a lot easier and allows you to hold onto things more, but having coordination and knowing which targets to hit, where to properly place siege, etc. is a major key in winning WvW. As I pointed out earlier I’ve consistently seen FA try to go across “zerg island” and continuously wipe on it due to a few siege placed properly. I’ve seen horrible treb placement by TC so that a suicide run or two will kill them. Knowing how to counter all these things and make comebacks is what has placed Blackgate in the position it is in.

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

Its not deeper than that, each night when I’ve been on during our primetime we have been on equal footing and dominated our own borderland over blackgate. Its really that simple.

You claim there is more to it than that, but there really isn’t. If you are proud of the overall score and its reflection towards server population and activity, then cool enjoy that. As far as individual battles go, I watched blackgate bring nothing special to the game.

Sure you guys win some fights that you personally were in and saw coordination. But all sides have that going on. It’s not the reason the overall score is higher, period. We have awesome commanders who do great things and lead us to winning battles all the time. But we just don’t have that happening all day long and all night. Save your nonsense comments about it not being more than just population and scroll up, I posted what FA can do when we have our primtime. Blackgate lost to FA during our primtime, period.

During the week, I also glanced over to TC’s borderland, they whooped up on blackgate there as well. Neither FA or TC has the amount of people to do that on all 4 maps though, so we just focus on our own and push you guys back to your spawn.

(edited by Badwrong.3596)

in WvW

Daedalus.3954

It’s curious how we can be called Zergs on FA when we have maintained the outmanned buff most of the week? FA unfortunately has a lot of Fair-weather players, however, most groups (mine especially) run in a very organized fashion and never with more then 25-30 people. Most of the other Commanders on FA and I coordinate our locations via /t and we’re almost never in the same spot.

As far as the center Island is concerned, I’m pretty sure we spent most of the evening last night eating your properly placed Siege and taking the west (and eventually east) southern towers.

To call FA a zerg is just silly.

Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Orchis.6087

Its not deeper than that, each night when I’ve been on during our primetime we have been on equal footing and dominated our own borderland over blackgate. Its really that simple.

You claim there is more to it than that, but there really isn’t. If you are proud of the overall score and its reflection towards server population and activity, then cool enjoy that. As far as individual battles go, I watched blackgate bring nothing special to the game.

False. Lately that has been true, but that can simply be attributed to a lot of people not pursuing WvW very strongly before the change. Early in the matchup, aside from the initial friday night when it was decently even, Blackgate was continuously ahead, and not by small margins either. Most of the time Blackgate would control major portions of the borderlands with EB being about equal.

It’s curious how we can be called Zergs on FA when we have maintained the outmanned buff most of the week? FA unfortunately has a lot of Fair-weather players, however, most groups (mine especially) run in a very organized fashion and never with more then 25-30 people. Most of the other Commanders on FA and I coordinate our locations via /t and we’re almost never in the same spot.

As far as the center Island is concerned, I’m pretty sure we spent most of the evening last night eating your properly placed Siege and taking the west (and eventually east) southern towers.

To call FA a zerg is just silly.

My points refer to both our last matchup and earlier in the week. Discussing recent occurrences is useless since most people probably haven’t been doing much, WvW based on the scores.

(edited by Orchis.6087)

in WvW

Posted by: InitiateFailure.8542

InitiateFailure.8542

Funny. our 20ish person FA group says the same. We can hold, choke & route much larger forces than ours pretty easily. I wish we’d gotten to fight a bg force half our size this week. maybe my timing this week didn’t line up with server pops.

Zergs everywhere are always gonna zerg. Coordinated groups are always going to be better than the zerg. Our group is better than your zerg. your group is better than our zerg. Who cares zerg v zerg. They’re already dead on the inside.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

LOL, no it doesn’t. We played two weeks ago and it was totally different in every aspect. It’s not deeper. You’re now Zerg-Wagongate. Congrats on taking credit for things you haven’t accomplished.

P.S. Let the countdown to implosion begin.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Daedalus.3954

Funny. our 20ish person FA group says the same. We can hold, choke & route much larger forces than ours pretty easily. I wish we’d gotten to fight a bg force half our size this week. maybe my timing this week didn’t line up with server pops.

Zergs everywhere are always gonna zerg. Coordinated groups are always going to be better than the zerg. Our group is better than your zerg. your group is better than our zerg. Who cares zerg v zerg. They’re already dead on the inside.

This, every time.

@Orchis: That’s such a cop-out bs statement. Discussiong recent events IS the point. We’re still fighting your zergs and holding our ground. THAT’S the point.

Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

False. Lately that has been true, but that can simply be attributed to a lot of people not pursuing WvW very strongly before the change. Early in the matchup, aside from the initial friday night when it was decently even, Blackgate was continuously ahead, and not by small margins either. Most of the time Blackgate would control major portions of the borderlands with EB being about equal.

No sorry. I’m from a forum guild who has players on blackgate. They said they have had hour long queue times all week long. So you guys have no backed off in queueing. Maybe YOU and YOUR friends have, but your numbers of people have not at all.

If you guys don’t show up to fight, then don’t go bragging about how it was hard work and what “great things” were accomplished. We did show up and we rolled you guys in our borderland, period.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

No point in arguing about how well BG can play now that they have half of the top tier guilds transferred over to their server. We will find out soon enough how well they fair in the tier two bracket coming up in just a few hours.

I’m really looking forward to the next match-up. I think if the predictions are correct and we get matched up with FA and DB, it will be a fun fight for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Tessai.5847

Tessai.5847

We did show up and we rolled you guys in our borderland, period.

[/quote]

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

No sorry. I’m from a forum guild who has players on blackgate. They said they have had hour long queue times all week long. So you guys have no backed off in queueing. Maybe YOU and YOUR friends have, but your numbers of people have not at all.

If you guys don’t show up to fight, then don’t go bragging about how it was hard work and what “great things” were accomplished. We did show up and we rolled you guys in our borderland, period.

This. If you and your guild haven’t even been on the map for this match I don’t understand why you’d even care to make comments. We’ve been absolutely destroying the BG masses when we’re on a map (even with the Outmanned buff). The only thing on their side is sheer superiority in numbers. I’m sure they’ll figure it out when they’re up against servers with similar populations and the “throw more people at it” strategy doesn’t work as well.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

To be fair, quite a number of the BG people I encountered during the weekend were absurdly better geared compared to most of our average TC people. Face it a lot of us TCers are not really hardcore PvPers. At one point one of our TC commanders basically sighed in /t that we probably don’t have enough 80s right now to counter the BG zerg.

One more thing I noticed in a zerg vs zerg was that our TC zergs tend to scatter by reflex. The “good” BG zerg that I saw would stack up and abuse the AoE 5-man cap to the fullest. We probably doesn’t have enough dedicated support builds for our stack either. So TC loses here.

So yeah BG are better than TC in the field right now. It’s something that we can improve over time in TC and I’m not particularly concerned about it at all.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

I did notice that lots of TC players were being uplevelled to 80. Still, didn’t see anything special at all out of BG’z omnipresent zerg. Groups of 6 TC were harder to take out than zergs of 15-20 BG, it felt like.

Given the huge influx of top tier guilds BG got from all the previous top rated servers, I’m sure there are lots of skilled PvP’ers on that server, however.

in WvW

HenryAu.7523

Yes I have personally met quite a number of leveling players that are trying WvWvW for the first time in TC. (Heck I only dinged 80 the week before and I’m still working on getting geared myself. I’m also still learning a lot of things about WvWvW right now.) However I am very glad to see a lot of these leveling players who have shown a lot of heart despite getting stomped everywhere. IMO levels and gear are the easier things to acquire than the will to fight in desperate situations.

There are actually a lot of things a low level player can bring to any WvWvW match-up. The character level doesn’t matter for running supply chain, calling out enemy numbers and locations, and manning any siege. Considering that TC frequently has instant queues, I would encourage more of our TC people to show up and try WvWvW out. Fighting in the field doesn’t work? Work on your mortar/treb skill and take down enemy siege weapons like a pro.

in WvW

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Don’t worry about it. As soon as Blackgate’s players and guilds discover that being a strong presence on the losing end of WvW is more profitable (for reference, many of the better players earn 50 badges a night just by trimming out the zerg with defensive builds) they’ll move out of the high population servers. There is no benefit to spending a lot of money on blueprints and upgrades when you have a lot of people – most blackgate vs. matchups have been with superior numbers, which means when blackgate totally decimates a group, they get less XP and badges overall, while every matchup that ends favorable for the other two teams reaps great rewards. Also, blackgate is not guaranteed karma rewards during primetime as latecomers arrive at a full map with only a little supply camp turnover.

If a team wins by such a huge margin, the only players that see the benefit are the PvE group, and 150,000 points at the end of the week only gives you, at most, a 15-18% buff in 2-4 areas – which is usually unneeded for PvE. Everyone who stuck with Blackgate WvW for the week got shafted on progress, especially the oceanic guilds who seem to be operating at a net loss.

This will become more evident as time goes on and people see the advantage of predicting enemy movement and pre-building more siege. Arrow carts and ballistas will become much more valuable and frequently used to a losing team for profit motive rather than strategy because they can actually blow up a fair number of bodies. I predict that 3rd placers or far off 2nd placers will learn this method of play very quickly:

1. Get a headcount and scout for the likelihood of capturing a tower, keep, garrison, or castle..

2. If numbers are sufficient, zerg up on the capture point.

3. If numbers are not sufficient, populate currently defended areas with siege and cycle supply camps. Show no presence at fortified targets.

This simple zerg minded method will prevent unnecessary deaths and ruin the winning team’s bottom line – they will lose profit by defending and will constantly overcommit to supply camp capture. If they do attack the remaining fortresses, they will be met with harsh resistance (due to the lack of other places for the lower team to defend) and will profit the defenders a great deal before capturing the keep, which at best would be a rare event.

TL;DR: If you don’t have a lot of WvW territory or population, you should not ever be committing to a massive field battle. Go for the least defended keep, and don’t attack any other emplacement except to send small teams for supply. If they bring their zerg, bug out if it’s too big and attack somewhere else to deny them loot, but always pick one at a time. Most importantly, concentrate siege and upgrades: if you own a lot of the map but know they’re going to retake it once they get on, overcommit to your most important structure and leave only a measly 1000 karma for them for the other ones. Not even a 100 person group can stand up to 15 arrow carts and ballistae.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Get some sleep blackgates wvwvw it will reset soon, be ready for 48 wvwvw maraton.
Well played

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Well, I learned how to /emote from Blackgate this week, as in how to not look like a misbehaved kitten on the battlefield. And to think that I thought TC really had the emote thing down… I guess not! I can’t say your 24 primetime will be missed either.

And Fort Aspenwood, it will be fun to see more of you next week, and hopefully not with 3 orbs! I am sure you share that feeling.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Kyias.1845

Kyias.1845

People love to trash Blackgate for the transfers we get to our server but easily forget that we have a strong WvW core presence period.

Last night our server held off assaults in the TC battlegrounds at Ascension Bay from both servers the entire night. You know what the kicker is? We had INSTANT Que times the entire time.

I distinctly remember multiple occasions TC had a numerical advantage on our defenders by a good margin an hour before the reset as they sat on our outer wall. We had MAYBE 20-30 defenders at the bay and even LESS skirmishing them at their spot on our outer wall.

Had you pushed down and hit us hard it would have wiped that skirmish force out. Instead you stayed on the wall and we whittled you guys down after building emergency siege.

It is things like this that helps BG win. We have a zerg but more importantly we have a VERY strong WvW core that support each other when needed at all times. Do we beat you in coverage at certain times of day? Absolutely but for most of the time it is NOT by as much as you think. We simply respond faster and act quicker than your groups do.

It isn’t about if you can push BG to our spawn point…it is about it you can keep us there. Each time I’ve played and been pushed back our team was already gathering together to take it back within the hour.

That is the difference.

Kyias Lightsun
Myrmidons of Kryta (MOK)
Blackgate Server

in WvW

Posted by: Chiggerbite.6572

Chiggerbite.6572

You know… it’s really disheartening to see all the sterotyping and assumptions happening here about Blackgate. I’ve been on BG since release. I am not a bandwagoner. I don’t particularly enjoy running in a zerg unless strategy dictates I need to. The time I spent in WvW (on average, an hour every evening) this week was spent trying to defend our interests in the Lowlands in EB.

Every server has it’s bad apples. Unfortunately, due to our recent population increase, it may seem like there are more on BG…. but I’m pretty sure the ratio of respectable players to bad apples is about the same on BG as it is on FA or TC. The main difference is it was more visible due to BG’s server population.

When you start questioning the population size of BG, one has to ask themselves… why did those guilds decide to go to BG out of the 24 NA and 27 EU servers they had to choose from? I know I asked myself that when I heard about them coming over. I know there has been active recruitment to find coverage in the off hours on BG. There’s no reason FA or TC can’t recruit. Heck… even Kaineng, one of the lowest population servers, has a major recruitment drive for transfers!

To be frank, this week’s match was not that enjoyable for me. It’s no fun when there’s no one to fight. I would much rather lose a close battle than win a lopsided battle. Winning is a matter of perspective within those terms. I can say with some certainty that some of the offensive behavior happened out of shear boredom and lack of action. Heck… there were times when our own started griefing us because they had no one to fight. I do want to give kudos to the BG commanders. They did a fantastic job coordinating an overall strategy.

I didn’t get the chance to face off against FA too much (they didn’t venture into the Lowlands very frequently when I was out there), but I do have one strategy suggestion for TC. You all did a fantastic job of flipping supply camps in EB on a regular basis. I’m not sure what you were trying to accomplish strategically by this though… or if this was being done as a part of a strategy. The groups that were usually doing this ranged from 5-20 players. Your routes got very predictable. Almost every time, the route was Darkrait > Golanta > Klovan > Rogue’s > Molevek > Speldan. In some cases, we could literally provoke the start of the route by taking out your alliance in Darkrait. There were usually about 5-10 of us that were staying to defend most of the Lowlands. We usually couldn’t get together quick enough to stop you from taking a supply camp, but we could call out the intel and flip the supply camps within 5 minutes of you taking it. Sometimes we could convince enough folks to head you off, since your route was predictable. My suggestions: 1) Stop and defend those supply camps for a little bit. You weren’t really interrupting our supply chains or other advances since we were flipping them back in fairly short order without having to pull resources off of the front line. 2) Mix up your route and timing. You became very predictable, which isn’t good from a strategic standpoint.

All that said, I greatly admire the resolve and determination of both TC and FA. I’m sorry you all don’t feel the same about BG and apologize that your overall experience with BG was less than stellar, in your eyes. Though I can’t say I care for the light you all have been casting on BG and its accomplishments to get where it is, both TC and FA are very classy groups and fun to face off against with even numbers! Maybe we’ll get to face off against you all in the future under better circumstances.

Best of luck guys and gals!

**DISCLAIMER: This is all purely my opinion/thoughts and in no way is a reflection of the opinion of any group associated with the BlackGate server.

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I believe many times, we do not capture supply camps to hold them. We capture them to stock up on our own supply. Once we have drained them of supply, we tend to abandon them because we have nothing they can sent their dolyaks to.

in WvW

HenryAu.7523

What I think TC sorely lacks are small teams made of dedicated PvPers to kill yaks, gank stragglers, destroy unsuspecting siege weapons, and flip camps without relying instructions from a zerg commander. Groups of 3 will be good (enough for a sneaky counter siege ballista) and they will operate independent of the zerg. I have seen Urrid and a few other people do this stuff but from my experience we generally lack in this area compared to CD and BG the last 2 weeks.

I know some people within our own server might disagree with this idea and worried about the lack of organization and control. It might also take away people from our “supposedly all-mighty” zerg. But from the time I spent sitting behind a mortar/treb and waiting for upgrades, random skirmishers really annoy the heck out of me and do far more damage than you would think.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Sadly had to report a couple of Blackgate cheaters for exploiting some terrain bug where they were able to remain in the camp unseen and preventing us from capping it. We finally killed the two thieves that were doing it. I don’t know if it’s some sort of render/ stealth problem or what. But several of us reported them for exploiting.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Ditto. I’m sure it’s not something that is widespread but which comes with the price of having people transfer to your server. All of them were from The Dark Affiliation [TDA] and we just thought you should know.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

@Kyias.1845 TC didn’t have queue times but once in a blue moon for the entire week except for on Friday. Population matters, and not just the people you see from upgraded walls in the Borderlands.

TC recruits roleplayers first. Sure we could look for more people but that just not what our server is all about. That is our difference.

@Chiggerbite.6572 (+1) I really enjoyed your post.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

BG, i rarely post on these forums, but i’d like to say something to your server as a whole. some of your guilds are extremely good at what they do. the HB guild is a good example of this. they’re very well coordinated, and devastatingly lethal. on TC, we have a special name for your blonde mesmer chick, but that name would definitely trip the censors here. guild such as these were quite enjoyable to meet up with, because we learned quite a bit watching their techniques.

however, you are all in for a very rude awakening when you run into servers that can match your population count. your quality guilds have carried the majority of your server. when we got into combat with you with half as many numbers as you were throwing up, we racked up kills left and right, and usually came out on top. we also made you waste an absurd amount of gold/badges on siege equipment. for a while, i actually took off all of my armor, and was winning one on one fights against some of your players. these players will be in your next match, though i would wager they won’t be in the one after that, having transferred off of your server. though, when you win again, expect them all to come flocking back. eventually, your better guilds will get fed up and make a permanent transfer, and you will plummet down the ladder at that point.

FA, i’m looking forward to meeting you in the next match. it looks like it could be a rather exciting one throughout.

in WvW

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

So let us talk about respect. I am in the last room for the jumping puzzle. FA is camping up top. I /salute. I get attacked. TC is useally more respectful. They come in, and attack FA up top to no avail. I am thinking. Ok, we will team up together and get them off the top otherwise we are stuck here. TC comes down and attacks one of the people on my server. I /salute hoping they will understand. I start to revive the person then all of a sudden all 5 people from TC are on me attacking me. There was no reason at all for that. So as far as respect. Nobody from any of the other servers have earned it as well.

in WvW

Raven Paradox.1860

^ Post like these are all just QQ. I could say the exact same about TC. Every server knows noobs join when they win and advance up. Blackgate has jumped up quickly and we have gotten noobs.

I got over 100 badges the other night because TC kept trying to take a SUPPLY CAMP while BADLY outnumbering us. Granted, I’m in KnT, which is one of the “high quality guilds”, but I was on when 3 other members were on and actually coordinating with us, and one wasn’t even KnT.

There are bad players on every server. But we didn’t win because we outnumbered. We won because we were better. The match was won in the first 12 hours of the week when there were heavy numbers on both sides.