10/19 Darkhaven Vs. Northern Shiverpeaks Vs. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Renegret.3564

Renegret.3564

My favorite thing right now is tinfoil conspiracy theories regarding Maguuma.

Especially when many people in Maguuma have those same exact theories on other servers. Spies wasting supply and filling the queue and listening to the public mumble, secret alliances, glitch, exploits, stuff like that. It’s less outspoken on the forums, but every time I’m around and someone mentions it in map chat I usually take the time out to call them dumb.

Regarding portal bombs and stacking, I feel those are simply pretty effective strategies that has a side effect of culling. I stand that those are not exploits because when culling is fixed, everyone will still portal bomb and stack. A stack lets you mitigate AoE damage, maximize every buff cast (keep in mind the range on boon application is pretty small, so usually 5 people won’t get it), and be able to protect the maximum number of people with a single guardian skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Easy buddy. Here you go again only giving credit when it boosts your own ego. Neither NSP or Maguuma are as good as SoR is right now nor as good as SoR was 2 weeks ago. NSP has lost manpower for 2 weeks straight, following the close loss to SoR, and I’m sure Maguuma has been facing an efflux during their downward spiral, too. I mean, we’ve been strattling the Outmanned buff in a couple of the maps all day and tonight.

They are far better than SoR was 4 weeks ago. That was the time I was referring to. NSP didn’t lose so much that they couldn’t compete after the SoR loss. They may have lost a little, but isn’t that a bit odd that suddenly when you lose a really good and close match, that everyone jumps ship? I don’t think that’s how it happened. We still won prime time for the most part. We improved, you may not like it, but it’s a fact.

I do wish you guys luck when you inevitably move up in tiers because it’s clear that NSP is going in the other direction right now (unless we get some major influx soon), but this whole patting yourself on the back thing for how far you think you’ve come or whatever is getting a bit ridiculous don’t you think?

It would be patting myself on the back if I were doing it for no reason. I only mentioned any of that because someone said we weren’t playing well essentially. I took the time to remind them that we’ve come a long way from what we were. We’re a transformed server, ask anyone from Dh, it’s a different server in WvW than it was 4 weeks ago.

Just because you or the people on your server that you know weren’t that familiar with WvW a couple weeks ago, doesn’t mean that you learning how to WvW has affected the overall outcome of your matchups very much. I mean, DH has had threads recruiting Asian and Oceanic guilds on Guru and other forums and then you also got an influx of WvW support from our server this week.

And this is why people who aren’t from Dh shouldn’t comment on Dh. Our night time improved long before the massive influx of night time players we got. We were dominating SoR and SF with like 50 people. Our tactics and such did improve a massive amount, and it did help a massive amount. Again, unless you were on our server and saw how truly horrible we used to be, you’re not in a position to comment on how far we’ve come.

Your server is even so high in population at this time that people are having trouble switching to the server. Don’t you think it makes sense that manpower has a quite a bit to do with moving up past the ‘noob’ tiers rather than just a massive, contagious epiphany? I mean, the arguments against the culling issues and the calling for alliances and other garbage that has gone on all day is so ridiculous lol.

Total population =/= WvW population. We had a full population during our fight with SoR, and we didn’t even have a queue during prime time during certain days. But yes, man power has helped us move up, I’m not trying to hide that fact. I’m being honest and rational about how things have happened on Dh, and I’m someone who has been there to see it all. I know exactly what I’m talking about, and with respect, you do not. Our server has come a long way, through every battle we learned and improved in new ways, ask most Dh players and they’ll say the same thing. Has numbers also contributed? Yes! They may even be the biggest reason we’ve been doing better—but that doesn’t at all take away from the fact that we’ve improved a lot.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

I still associate Darkhaven’s grand revival to our stomp against Kaineng and that other server. It basically showed our entire server that we own at WvW, and that we can only get better

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Arius.7031

If you complain about this, do you also complain about AoE through gate doors? Or hiding mesmers in keeps after a failed defense? Or other various tactics every server uses in WvW. You’re coming off as insanely whiny and inexperienced and it’s annoying as all hell.

I didn’t complain about this at all, so there goes your entire post. I specifically stated I have not formed an opinion on the subject.

Please read my post in the future before replying, no offense intended.

When I hear the “all the cool kids do it” I picture a whiny child complaining about how they can’t do something idiotic that their friends are doing. But I guess I am a cynical person (I am definitely extremely odd) so I apologize if that’s not what you were implying.

It’s fine, but that sort of was what I was implying (though sort of not). I was saying that a lot of you guys were coming off that way when you’d just say “all the high tier servers do it!”. I wasn’t saying that’s what you guys meant or that you were wrong, just that saying that is not a justification any more than “all the cool kids are doing it”. Though I certainly didn’t intend it to sound whiny or any of that, it’s the idea behind it, not so much the tone, that I was thinking of.

It’s not that higher tier servers are doing it and therefore it’s okay. It’s that this is nothing new and in higher tiers culling is more obvious and rampant, stacking is common and it’s counters known, and there aren’t these cries of foul play (well there are, but not about these things). The fact of the matter is we have to play the game as it is now, hopefully soon culling will be a non-issue and legitimate tactics will no longer inspire guilt by association in the minds of some players. Also if you want to take the moral high ground a 2v1 alliance controlled by the dominant server is an “exploit of game mechanics” as Anet have stated that the 1v1v1 format is intended to help stop one team running away with the score.

This is just sad, nobody is reading my posts. I never took the moral highground, I never said what you were doing was wrong, I never said you didn’t have any justification for it. You guys are just assuming that because I’m from Darkhaven that therefore I think you guys are abusing game mechanics.

The only point I made there was that those who are just saying (and some of them were, even if that’s not the point you’re trying to make) that “it’s okay because every high tier server does it” is wrong. Now, it does not necessarily follow that therefore it’s not okay to do it, apparently I need to make that clear. But that argument that some people are using does fall flat.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

Well the same goes for my post. Some from your server were taking the moral high ground, many have accused us of abusing in game mechanics and I was responding to them. I agree the argument you were referring to falls flat, but what about what I wrote?

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

Easy buddy. Here you go again only giving credit when it boosts your own ego. Neither NSP or Maguuma are as good as SoR is right now nor as good as SoR was 2 weeks ago. NSP has lost manpower for 2 weeks straight, following the close loss to SoR, and I’m sure Maguuma has been facing an efflux during their downward spiral, too. I mean, we’ve been strattling the Outmanned buff in a couple of the maps all day and tonight.

They are far better than SoR was 4 weeks ago. That was the time I was referring to. NSP didn’t lose so much that they couldn’t compete after the SoR loss. They may have lost a little, but isn’t that a bit odd that suddenly when you lose a really good and close match, that everyone jumps ship? I don’t think that’s how it happened. We still won prime time for the most part. We improved, you may not like it, but it’s a fact.

I do wish you guys luck when you inevitably move up in tiers because it’s clear that NSP is going in the other direction right now (unless we get some major influx soon), but this whole patting yourself on the back thing for how far you think you’ve come or whatever is getting a bit ridiculous don’t you think?

It would be patting myself on the back if I were doing it for no reason. I only mentioned any of that because someone said we weren’t playing well essentially. I took the time to remind them that we’ve come a long way from what we were. We’re a transformed server, ask anyone from Dh, it’s a different server in WvW than it was 4 weeks ago.

Just because you or the people on your server that you know weren’t that familiar with WvW a couple weeks ago, doesn’t mean that you learning how to WvW has affected the overall outcome of your matchups very much. I mean, DH has had threads recruiting Asian and Oceanic guilds on Guru and other forums and then you also got an influx of WvW support from our server this week.

And this is why people who aren’t from Dh shouldn’t comment on Dh. Our night time improved long before the massive influx of night time players we got. We were dominating SoR and SF with like 50 people. Our tactics and such did improve a massive amount, and it did help a massive amount. Again, unless you were on our server and saw how truly horrible we used to be, you’re not in a position to comment on how far we’ve come.

Ok I get your point about people not from DH commenting on it. What I don’t get is what makes you a subject matter expert on NSP? I suggest taking your own advice and not making claims about how many players we have lost.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

Arius.7031

Ok I get your point about people not from DH commenting on it. What I don’t get is what makes you a subject matter expert on NSP? I suggest taking your own advice and not making claims about how many players we have lost.

Feel free to correct it, I think the logic behind it speaks for itself. Why would there be a sudden mass exodus over a very close loss? But like I said, if I’m wrong, correct me.

Well the same goes for my post. Some from your server were taking the moral high ground, many have accused us of abusing in game mechanics and I was responding to them. I agree the argument you were referring to falls flat, but what about what I wrote?

I don’t recall specifically addressing your post, but I’ll go back and read it real quick to see what I think. I found multiple posts so I read one and I find that I agree with you for the most part but, there is a difference between causing the culling issue unintentionally Vs. abusing it intentionally. The example you gave about people jumping off the wall is what I’m addressing. If tons of people lined up on a wall and their leader said “jump off, because there is so many of us they won’t be able to spot us due to culling issues” then it seems perfectly plausible to say that’s cheap and possibly even exploiting (I wouldn’t personally go that far).

Again, I don’t know if I agree with my fellow Darkhaven players, but I do see their point. If your server was doing this to make it harder for us to render you, then that sounds really cheap to me, though not really an exploit. For me, it’s about the intentions, not necessarily the effect. One guy already explained to me why you guys do the stacking though, so I don’t think you guys are even being cheap, it’s just something that really needs to get fixed (culling).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

DrWhom.3105

Well I don’t really know how you can hope to ascertain the intentions of a bunch of faceless invaders and then judge them accordingly, but that’s up to you. Seems to me that would usually result in servers believing the worst about each other, however we can agree that the real problem is culling.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Yeah, I don’t think it’s right to assume that your server was abusing mechanics, I just can see why some people might think that (I do not). But yeah, culling needs to be fixed because it is the number 1 issue in WvW ATM to me.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Raptor.9863

Feel free to correct it, I think the logic behind it speaks for itself. Why would there be a sudden mass exodus over a very close loss? But like I said, if I’m wrong, correct me.

I don’t recall specifically addressing your post, but I’ll go back and read it real quick to see what I think. I found multiple posts so I read one and I find that I agree with you for the most part but, there is a difference between causing the culling issue unintentionally Vs. abusing it intentionally. The example you gave about people jumping off the wall is what I’m addressing. If tons of people lined up on a wall and their leader said “jump off, because there is so many of us they won’t be able to spot us due to culling issues” then it seems perfectly plausible to say that’s cheap and possibly even exploiting (I wouldn’t personally go that far).

Again, I don’t know if I agree with my fellow Darkhaven players, but I do see their point. If your server was doing this to make it harder for us to render you, then that sounds really cheap to me, though not really an exploit. For me, it’s about the intentions, not necessarily the effect. One guy already explained to me why you guys do the stacking though, so I don’t think you guys are even being cheap, it’s just something that really needs to get fixed (culling).

I was mainly replying just to point out the hypocrisy you displayed in your post earlier. However since you do seem curious here is our evidence. Queues. At the begining of our match with SoR and YB we had all four maps maxxed out. We also had a significant night force for our tier. Since the end of that match each of these have decreased drastically. I know some of our former residents were very vocal about transferring to SoR. Next we had VIP leave. Now make no mistake about it they are a textbook example of a Zerg, but we still lost WvW bodies when they left.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

Arius.7031

I thought VIP left for Darkhaven, not SoR.

1. I fought NSP, I know they had fair (not overwhelming) numbers both at night and in the day, they also had a massive amount of morning time players. So I actually had a clue on what I was talking about, whereas that guy was trying to talk about what happened 4 weeks ago on a server he hadn’t even seen before until 2 weeks ago.

2. My claims were more moderate and not insulting. I deduced something using logic (I may have been wrong), but it was very non-specific and it was based on observations I had. Your server had more in the way of numbers than any server we had fought previously (even SoR when they dominated us) and you had a very healthy night game. So I figured, you guys were either waaayyyyyyyy overpopulated, or you hadn’t lost as much as the person was suggesting. But fine, I can admit that I was wrong, and it was perhaps hypocritical, but I believe my claim was justified whereas none of his were.

Edit: It’s not so much that people should not comment on other servers. If that were true, saying anything about another server would be wrong. But, it’s that you shouldn’t talk about other servers when you don’t know at all what you’re talking about. Disagree with my conclusion all you want, but I at least had reasons for why I thought NSP didn’t experience such a dramatic decline in population. The guy I was responding to was just saying things with no backing for them whatsoever, because he wasn’t even in a match with us at the time of our 1st fight with SoR.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Raptor.9863

I guess I worded that wrong. We had players leave for SoR after that match was over. Next match we had was against you guys. That’s when our next exodus of players left, which was VIP.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

I cannot believe someone is going with “Night Capping” this match. Map belongs to Darkhaven before 11pm PDT…

Every inch that was taken was heavily worked on to gain.

What I blame are the countless people that have been camping the top of the EB Puzzle. All day long there are 20-40 people just sitting at the top camping for kills. These people have no regard for their own realm.

So don’t blame this on night capping rather on selfish designs of your people.

(edited by Undermine.1678)

in WvW

Posted by: Tyjaka.6137

Tyjaka.6137

darkhaven has so many players on 24/7.. especially during midnight+ it’s insane

Tjkingsly: 80 Guardian | Aco | Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Friday night was very fun. Meguuma kept us from taking Lowlands for several hours. And at the end of the evening for most of us in the Rethesis Guild RE we finally took her down. Yes, a NSP Guild Leader came into our vent and asked us to form an alliance to, “Teach Meguuma a lesson for exploiting in WVW.” But that said NSP was constantly taking our supply camps and towers. We had a wonderful series of Commanders on the Northern Shiverpeaks map and had a blast. There was a point where we had to take Stone Mist from NSP and break the alliance. The Alliance was ridiculous anyhow because NSP constantly attacked us from the North and split our fronts. I don’t know how many times they took Durios from us, and even at the end of the night when we were focused hardcore on Jerrifer’s they swept down and stole Cloven from us. Anyhow Darkhaven has some very strong alliances and good Commanders. Great battkitten th Friday and Saturday night, i’m having a blast. Welcome to Darkhaven VIP things were much easier with you than against you. But with the addition of VIP our queue times are quite a bit longer now.

PS. I used to play with GOON on Warhammer Online and they have a fun bunch of guys over there.

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Spawn camping is bad for ya!
Thanks, Darkhaven, that was fun =)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

That is fallacious because you assume that the definition of our tactics as exploitation is factual. But nice try.

Except I never called it exploiting I called it abuse of game mechanics, which it clearly is.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Welcome to Darkhaven VIP things were much easier with you than against you. But with the addition of VIP our queue times are quite a bit longer now.

Pansies. VIP is a joke.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

Thanks halo for that, i can see the half naked norn there aka Seal The Deal….oh those darkhaven times

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

That is fallacious because you assume that the definition of our tactics as exploitation is factual. But nice try.

Except I never called it exploiting I called it abuse of game mechanics, which it clearly is.

Unfortunately, the game doesn’t run based on your delineation for where use ends and abuse begins. Thus far, Anet has declared all’s fair.

(edited by Javy.1697)

in WvW

Posted by: Worban.1574

Worban.1574

“Thus far, Anet has declared all’s fair.”…citation please.

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Anyhow, for those saying Maguuma doesn’t have much in the way of numbers, I’ll have to respectfully disagree. I play from afternoon well into the early morning, and I see a very strong showing from Maguuma at all times. Even during the night, when I’m fighting them, they always have a zerg up somewhere on the map, and they defend capably against our assaults.

Outmanned buff on every BG for the past 2 hours or so.

Server Rankings should be changed to Number of Oceanic Players in Descending Order

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Javy.1697

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvsW-is-unplayable-because-of-mesmer-portal-abuse/first#post285938

Hey all we have some plans to fix some of this. It is currently being looked at so expect a fix in the next few weeks. Basically we like that Portal has this power, but it shouldn’t be able to bypass walls, etc.
As for the problems with players not appearing this is a more difficult engine problem to solve. While we would like to solve it there are definitely counters to this strategy, because anyone doing it has just clumped up their entire team for AoE nuking. Ultimately if they outnumber you by a lot there are much more effective ways for them to kill you.
Jon

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/so-the-answer-is-locking-all-debate-down-about-night-capping/page/2#post281768

Hi Everyone,
All is fair in love and war – and as love, WvW is a battlefield.
There are exploits, I’ll give you that – but then there is coordinated effort to ensure your world or your team uses each and every resource they have to their advantage.
War is not fair, war is not pretty, war gets out the worst in us – and the best – and even if we have excluded open world pvp from the rest of the game, this is exactly what happens on the WvW maps: It is the ‘playground’ for strategists and great tacticians, it is the place for coordinated efforts and mean ideas in the middle of the night.

Hope those are sufficient, Worban.

in WvW

Worban.1574

@Javy:
Those sources sufficiently address the specific problems we are discussing with the game mechanics. Yes, they are essentially saying, take the game’s shortcoming to adapt, play around them.

But you said ALL is fair. You gave citations which specifically address night-capping and the glitching and culling problems we are coping with in the game. Even I have stated on this thread, essentially the same thing that we must deal with the game as it is, until it improves. Within your citation, Anet acknowledges that some exploits have their limits because they go way outside of the scope of intended functionality.

There is a difference between acceptable glitches in the game we have to cope with, and more nefarious deeds that warrant a banning. By your logic that all is fair, would you say creating bogus accounts to plant on enemy servers to burn supply is fair? Just curious because you’d be giving this community a good hint as to where to start looking for the culprits.

Your citations do not condone or excuse that, which is the problem using those citations to back your quote that “all’s fair”

in WvW

Posted by: Raidenz.2435

Raidenz.2435

That was me, got bored and charged in nude and challenged people to try to Rez me. Was funny when you stripped also. Good times.

in WvW

Javy.1697

By your logic that all is fair, would you say creating bogus accounts to plant on enemy servers to burn supply is fair? Just curious because you’d be giving this community a good hint as to where to start looking for the culprits.

Your citations do not condone or excuse that, which is the problem using those citations to back your quote that “all’s fair”

This keeps getting repeated, but there have been no screenshots posted of these people, NOR apparently are you satisfied to hear that it’s happening on EVERY server, Maguuma included.

And before you say it — great, you were pre-warned about this clearly organized server-wide activity! Show us where these warnings about the shady tactics of Maguuma are being spread, ‘cause that’s another thing new to this match-up. Most of our opponents have been pretty favorable towards us, Ehmry Bay being the one notable exception.

Show us who’s doing it. I don’t believe they’re from Maguuma and won’t buy into the rumors until some proof is offered.

(edited by Javy.1697)

in WvW

Worban.1574

@Javy:

It is not being done on every server and stop making that pathetic claim! My GW2 play has been entirely devoted to WvW since the second week of game’s release. I have never seen that done by another server until this match-up. I’ve got it on reliable sources from friends who play in the upper tiers that two servers have a reputation for it; yours was one, GoM the other, as previously stated by another poster.

And how can screenshots help capture the perpetrator when they are doing it from completely different ghost account; NOT from their main, native Mag account??? All you see in the screenshot is one of OUR players building a ram in our own keep. It does not tell us who from Mag is doing it, nor does it tell you. But we report to get the black account banned.

I can safely say it is not someone from NSP, because we played NSP last week and never saw this occur.

in WvW

Javy.1697

@Worban:

It is not being done by Maguuma and stop making that pathetic claim! My GW2 play has been entirely devoted to WvW since the first week of game’s release. I have never seen that done by our server. I’ve got it on reliable sources from friends who play in the upper tiers that you’re creating needless drama due to he-said, she-said rumors.

(You see how ridiculous this looks?)

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Not like it matters anyways, Javy and Worban. This match is long over.

in WvW

Javy.1697

It’s been over since the first overnighter, yeah — just makes the attempts to slander a server even more inexplicable.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Not really. At one point last week we had an easy 70k point lead on NSP. But by the end of the week our lead was barely 20k points.

If you’re gonna give up so easily don’t come on here and complain about “night capping”. Thanks.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in WvW

Arius.7031

@Javy

Difference is, he’s being genuine, you’re not. It makes your post ridiculous and his not so much. Anyways, rationally speaking, why would he accuse you of this when we’re beating you pretty bad? What have we to gain? We have no motivation—it does us no good to accuse you—it does us no good even if we prove you did it. Not only does he gain nothing from lying, he’s known for being overly respectful to people (look at his post history, seriously). There’s no motivation that we can find, and it doesn’t fit his personality to run around lying and accusing people. These seem to indicate he’s telling the truth.

I’m not saying that proves he’s right or that you should assume that he is. I’m just saying that we should all try to be a little more fair in our assessment of the situation.

Edit: And just to be clear, I don’t find blaming an entire server for these things as acceptable. You may have a few individuals who do this, that’s fair, but I don’t buy for a second that your server is in on it.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Radiodread.8469

Fellyn, last week we had twice the WvW base. This week you have them. We hardly even match up in primetime now. This one is over. Have fun with your new fairweather players.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Fellyn, last week we had twice the WvW base. This week you have them. We hardly even match up in primetime now. This one is over. Have fun with your new fairweather players.

I wasn’t specifically talking to NSP as Maguuma is in second place as far as I know. They’ve been playing the night capping card since the reset pretty much.

in WvW

Javy.1697

@fellyn -
Wasn’t crying, I accept it as a part of gameplay; the server with the largest night presence tends to win. I’m sorry if you were offended because it wasn’t meant as a dig, just a statement.

@Arius -
I appreciate your more tempered approach. Worban started slinging mud at Maguuma en-masse on day one, when our servers were neck-and-neck. He’s been explicitly disrespectful in this instance so you’ll have to forgive me for not sharing your view on his posts. Whether he’s relating ‘the truth’, he also refuses to accept alternate explanations (or reality, as in the case of supply raiding being a widespread problem).

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

That’s not me in the picture

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

Funny… I thought badge farming and stopping your reinforcements while our other forces take your entire map was a good thing… lmao.
You all on mag claim to ‘know tactics,’ yet you don’t seem to even understand it.
My fav was when you guys backed up off Sunnyhill attempting to drag us from our siege. We knew you were, even said it in vent, so we ‘took the bait,’ then blew you all off the cliff you ran to, hahaha.

Do wish we had more on vent though, would have been even easier than it already was. Always somethin to work on though.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

We are working on communications and executions right now. I have read your post about 10 times now and all I see is that you are trying to help us become better, which I really appreciate. I’ve made same posts for anvil rock before and they were rejected, I know where you are coming from. Most of dark haven are humble and willing to learn new tactics and you guys surely showed us a lot. So, big thanks bro, we won’t fail you.

See you in battle,

- half naked norn

Thats cool. I think you will become a good commander some day with that attitude.

I’m sorry for ragging on Darkhaven command. The truth is I know nothing about how Darkhaven commanders run their ops and what they have to deal with so I was speaking out of turn (and making the same mistake some Darkhaven players were by accusing Maguuma players of exploiting/hacking). But thats part of learning good leadership too – knowing when you are wrong and admitting it.

We have a problem with WvW attendance right now but we need to fix that ourselves and we are actively trying to do that. It is not an excuse and you should ignore any Maguuma players that use our lack of numbers as an excuse for losing. We want more people to play – we wish we had Darkhaven’s numbers and players who don’t get demoralized and leave, because playing WvW even when getting crushed is so fun, everyone just sticks around, even if the tide does not appear to be turning.

It was the same with Yak’s Bend who are going down the rankings instead of up but they have the kind of fight in them I sometimes wish we could maintain. As much bitterness as there was with Sea of Sorrows, we want the kind of coverage those guys have. Where we differ is that we are not willing to pillage another server’s WvW population to get it. From a philosophical standpoint, there are several people I have spoken to in the big Maguuma guilds that don’t believe this kind of thing is self sustaining and I agree with them.

Stupid criminals make stupid cops. We gain nothing from playing servers that are disorganized because winning against disorganized and massively outnumbered foes is meaningless. Its actually good for us if our opponents get seriously organized because trying to beat seriously organized opposition also improves us. Everything I learned in this game was from getting crushed by other servers and collectively trying to figure out how to overcome impossible odds. It teaches you to be clever and resourceful. And I’d rather be a clever and resourceful player on a losing server that can make things happen, than an ignorant and wasteful player on a winning server, that has to jump borderlands when things go wrong. Ideally I’d like to be a clever and resourceful player on a winning server, but to do that right takes time, effort and alot of losses before everyone starts getting it right.

Peace.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Worban.1574

Normally, I’m very much opposed to labeling a server for the actions of a few. I am upset and very disappointed in Mag as a whole because despite every claim from two different, opposing servers (some public, some not so public) Mag has yet to show any surprise, remorse or disappointment that this supply burning with bogus accounts even COULD be happening.

Not one of you has the stones, courage or fortitude to stand up and say, “Yeah, I admit we’ve got some bad apples doing stuff we cannot control and for that we are sorry. Please do not let that impact your view of our server as a whole.” That is a pretty common thing to read from servers that truly want to distance themselves from the hackers, etc.

All we hear from Mag is the following:

1) Everybody does it so deal with it;
2) All’s fair;
3) Show us the proof;
4) It’s idiots on your own server;
5) You don’t know what you’re talking about;
6) Nobody’s every complained about us doing it before;
7) You lost with bad tactics and this is how you deal with it;
8) These accusations are false;
9) You’re just attempting to smear a server;
10) You’re delusional

I could continue with the list of all Mag responses that have risen on this thread. But not ONE person has responded with something like “Wait, WE are doing that?”

If my server was accused of doing something like this, the first thing I would do is ask around all the Guild Leaders I’m friends with to see if they’d heard of anything like this, or who was responsible. In other words, I would investigate. If I discovered from other servers that we have a reputation for it, I would show an apologetic tone, seeking forgiveness for those aspects of an MMO we cannot control.

Because nobody has stood up and showed some backbone; or displayed a shred of fair-mindedness, I can form this impression about your server. Not one voice has the decency to offer a sincere apology on behalf of your server. I’d probably feel much differently about Mag if I saw some morale fortitude in more of your posts.

in WvW

Javy.1697

Here’s some subtext for you Worban:

They aren’t of Maguuma. They weren’t sent by Maguuma, and we don’t know them. We don’t claim them, we won’t claim their actions.

We don’t endorse what they’re doing; they’re not ours. There’s nothing to be distanced from since we as a server are not guilty.

The problem has less to do with Maguuma and more to do with WvW and free/fast transfers. You’re confusing the two, and you’re angry that we won’t do the same.

Perhaps you’d have gotten more conciliatory replies if you’d brought it up with a different tone, instead of, “WELL, you know what you guys are doing. We were warned about you guys.” The constant claiming of a moral highroad is similarly off-putting when, from our perspective, you’re the one starting beefs.

(edited by Javy.1697)

in WvW

Besetment.9187

You will not get anyone from Maguuma to apologize for doing bad things when they have not in fact done bad things. I am not aware of anybody conducting supply invasion on our server and I’m an admin on voice comms. We are conscious of espionage and spying and take measures to protect against it. Outright sabotage however is very lame because you can’t protect against it if a large number of people set their minds to looting supplies on enemy servers using alt accounts. If this type of behaviour is regarded as acceptable then it is a valid tactic to transfer large numbers of alts to another server and idle in a borderland so your opponents can’t get in. That ruins the game for everyone. It makes everyone stupid.

I don’t do it and I would actively discourage people I play with from doing it. However, not a single person in our voice comms has even mentioned it so far. As far as I am aware, nobody on our network of voice comms does supply invasion and they will quickly find themselves ostracized from our command structure if they do.

If you are going to accuse Maguuma of supply invasion then please post video or screenshots of it happening. Its lunacy to accuse Maguuma of doing this when it is a very real possibility that your own players are looting keep supplies because they don’t understand when it is and is not appropriate to loot keep supplies. Even in our seriously organized zergs under a great commander, we always have at least 1 guy that loots supply. There is always one. There is always one guy that needs to be told not to autoattack, when we are trying to do stealth ops.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

DrWhom.3105

@worban The hearsay you’ve picked up about Maguuma from friends or what you personally have witnessed playing the game isn’t really of much solace to anyone, since plenty of people have already invented things about Maguuma (and many other servers) with nothing to back it up. With all the hysteria and accusations flying, talk is cheap but proof is at a premium. In the future stick to that old Internet rule: pics or it didn’t happen.

Regardless the bogus credit card scheme you’ve described sounds perfectly like an exploit, simply because of the methods used to create the accounts and that Anet gets nothing. Rest assured if this is happening they’ll close the exploit extremely fast. Anyway at no point when you’ve brought up this specific thing has it been condoned by anyone. It is clearly distinct from everyone standing in one place at the same time.

MAG

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Honestly, if we aren’t posting videos, pictures, or at the very least guild names of people cheating or exploiting, then I don’t see a reason to be calling anyone out at all.

Let’s just play the game, shall we?

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Worban.1574

Ok, for the last time. They appear on screenshots and videos exactly as they appear to us: guild-less, low-levels of our own server. I’m quite certain whoever is doing it is doing it on the down-low. I acknowledge you’re not going to know who’s doing it, because even hackers usually do their stuff in total secrecy for fear of getting banned.

Obviously, if the person doing it were discovered, he should and would be ostracized. But a video of a level 10 nobody with a temporary account, character named, ‘aadglsdhfuhsfd’ or whatever isn’t going to show you, me or Anet jack squat. And there is another excuse offered by Javy:

11) If it’s happening it’s not someone from Maguuma; just someone passing through.

It’s happening to two servers on this match-up, and you’re not one of them. Do you want everyone who witnessed it to chime in here and say the same thing, over and over for you to get the message? Oh wait, then you will just tell dozens of people, “show us your videos” which is laughable because nothing can be derived from them.

All we get is smoke and mirrors from each and every one of you. Seriously, a disgrace to the GW2 community and your posts to these forums confirm that your server deserves the reputation its earned.

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Ok, its pointless to entertain this attempt at character assassination any further. I would encourage all Maguuma players here not to respond to Worban on this issue because all it will do is turn the thread to crap and we have enough of those already.

in WvW

Javy.1697

Maguuma has struck again:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/10-19-Desolation-vs-Far-Shiverpeaks-vs-Kodash/page/2#post488350

No, no! Stop! Not again, Maguuma!!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Supply-Invaders-What-WvW-has-now-become/first

They’ll figure out our plans if you keep this up! Maaaguuuummmaaaaa!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The game’s become a chore now. Log out with your share of the map or greater, wake up to owning a supply camp and everything else dominated by the high pop server. How many weeks in a row does Anet expect people to play that way? People are transferring/game-hopping left and right, because nobody wants to pve for anything other than the gear to use in pvp. The only redemption I can see right now is fixing the puzzles and getting rid of repair costs. sigh Oh, and the sweeping infractions on forum make people less likely to post anything.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

DrWhom.3105

Well what would you like us to do about it then? Wring our hands and cry about how evil we are? Not only can you not tell anything about these supply invaders, we can’t either. Just as you don’t know what server they were on 24 hours ago, neither do we. All of the people who have played a lot of WvW on Maguuma and tried to co-ordinate to help the server have gotten used to losing so there’s no reason to bother with this kind of behaviour.

That is why nobody from Maguuma is jumping to do some sort of witch hunt within our own ranks: there’s no way to ascertain the guilt of any individual and anyone who could be “investigated” wouldn’t waste their time on this anyway.

MAG

(edited by DrWhom.3105)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

That’s where you are wrong. A picture or video is worth a whole lot more to me than your words. I will not apologize for things I have seen no proof of. It would be morally dishonest for me to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

My Maguuma brothers and sisters, I love you all.

To Darkhaven, your server name is funny (in a good way). You know, ’cause your prime time is at night? Darkhaven? Haven for night people? Eh? Eeeeeh?

To NSP, … I dunno’ what to say. So, cheese and crackers.

To Toast if you’re reading this thread, I miss fighting you guys. You’re fun. ):

Now, KITTENS! KITTENS FOR ALL! (No, I’m not cursing anyone out.)

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/aschmidt/kitten11.jpg

/hugs for all because this thread is getting needlessly tinfoily and fighty and stuff

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks