10/19 Desolation vs Far Shiverpeaks vs Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Daevara.9038

Daevara.9038

Just a shout out to the Asura thief from RUIN (E-something) who whispered me yesterday evening in the Eternal Battlegrounds after I killed him with my Mesmer twink. Didn’t even know that was possible, but getting the account name through the report function seems to work.

If you happen to read this, just out of interest: What level were you? I saw the green arrow so can’t have been 80 but, as you correctly pointed out, it took me quite a while to kill you (my char being level 57 as it was) but at the same time your damage was also quite low. I just wanted to get this into perspective.

Lynessa | Daevara
Kodash [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Apocolypse.5369

Apocolypse.5369

We had some awesome fights in Kodash borderlands yesterday evening (9pm gmt+1 till aprox 01.00 gmt+1) Thx for all those huge fights (and also the smaller once)

Though mostly against FS

Also i want to thank all Deso members that where there ^^ good teamwork!

[GG] Genesis Gaming, Desolation [EU] <—><— Friends guild
Main char: Apoc Stonehead, lvl 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

@ offski

I recognise the work Deso has done to bolster the daytime crew. I was on the Kodash BL on Monday defending GB while you guys tried every trick in the book to get it (treb at the vista etc). I don’t think the old Deso would have done that. I still think our daytime group is stronger, there are going to be days when that doesn’t show, but I think servers that have faced us will agree.

Like I said I was just frustrated with the guys bashing the two servers and the fact that we have been night capped almost since launch, when we first faced VS till now. It’s frustrating to know we have a very strong daytime force that can claw the points back but lose it all overnight.

Who knows maybe FS will call in sick at work or school for the remaining week and finish first till then think I will enjoy running around with my guild and do what we can.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Just want to say, huge respect to the FSP players who kept hold of Danelon for over an hour last night despite our onslaughts. You guys used the gates well (and we didn’t, hence it taking an hour!).

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Removed – Please do not quote posts that violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks! ~ Dalmarus

Arena net have said that warfare is 24 hours long. Sorry that we were pro active about getting better.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Nohno.8054

Nohno.8054

Finally we got rid of VZ, but now Deso is nightcapping. The respect i had for Deso is gone!
WvW is ruined in this game! Period!

Gw2 is really living on the last chance from me (ps2 released soon). They need to fix wvw very soon, otherwise they loose alot of players.

Arena net have said that warfare is 24 hours long. Sorry that we were pro active about getting better.

Yes they said they won’t do anything about indeed.
But can you really say that fighting doors at night is what wvw is about? You get an even match in the daytime, but in the night you are having 20.50 ppl running fighting doors.. Can you really say that is how WvW should be? If so, i really have nothing to talk to you about. Hf bashing doors!

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Finally we got rid of VZ, but now Deso is nightcapping. The respect i had for Deso is gone!
Gw2 is really living on the last chance from me (ps2 released soon). They need to fix wvw very soon, otherwise they loose alot of players.

that made me laugh out loud in the office. As a beta player in Planetside2, i can tell you, that you´ll have the same “problem” there.

You can still respect us for organizing a nightcrew and the great fights we give you every evening.

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Posted by: Panto.1390

Panto.1390

Right now this game is only about who has the most players 24/7. It’s about mass and fighting gates and NPC guards at night. Desolation is good at both, I give you that.
But respect? No. Respect you don’t deserve.

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Actually you haven’t done anything like that. It was just RUIN knocking on the door to do some PvD on Desolation. They could have also chosen Blacktide over Desolation, since with RUIN Blacktide would have a complete coverage.

And I do believe, at least it feels like this, that Desolation was a lot better organized before RUIN than they are now. This is mainly because all you do during primetime is completly unimportant, since it only creates a rather small amount of points.

And I find it rather funny how this should be a 24h match if there is just no option to get coverage for a lot of european servers. Actually 11 Servers are tied to special languages and funny enough 3 of this Servers made it to Tier1 but since they don’t have oversea-presence they have terrible queues (I won’t count 30 canadians), which are about 4-5h on Elona on Weekend.

And yet there is this stupid matchmaking, which always boosts us up to Tier2, because we either got completly dominated by Off-Peak-Capping (since technically it isn’t night in the USA) or we dominate our enemies because they are low enough in Tier to not be as well organized.

Everyone would agree that the best battles happen at primetime, when all the servers max out their capacity. But yet this battles are totally unimportant, because the minority of off-peak Players create the majority of points.

And no the rating will never adjust for this. Imagine two Servers, one with only australiens, on with british. They are 12h apart from each other. So half the day to australians lead and the other half the british lead. But both servers will never have fun playing against each other, but still the rating will say that they are equal.

And thats the whole problem. FS will have the same problem we have but on a much higher scale. FS will drop in tiers because not having a night-crew and will totally destroy there opponents in lower tiers, just to jump up some tiers again and to get dominated by nightforces. And this will repeat over and over and will start an endless circle of dominating and getting dominated, which is not really fun. We are actually in the 7. match now and we never experienced an equal battle between all 3 Servers.

And I actually blame RUIN for making this even worse, since they started some kind of mass-exodus of american guilds to do PvDoor on european Servers and now every server that is able to (namely the english servers) is crying for oversea help.

in WvW

Brunners.7251

This isn’t RUINs fault. They felt they could help make an EU server dominant and they chose Desolation. Blaming them for making a system that Anet put in place worse is silly.

The top tier servers have a great night presence. Whether that’s due to different time zone presence, high population because they’re a specific language server or just because they’re full of people who stay up really late doesn’t matter. The fact is those servers have top coverage over night.

Desolation needed help because we could never get that sort of coverage by ourself. We used the rules that Anet set up with the 24 hour warfare system and got ourselves some help. Now we only have one weak time period and we’re looking to strengthen that too.

We went out and made our server better to get us to the top, where RUIN will really have to work at night. They won’t be PvDing in tier 1, that’s for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

some heavy tactics used by fs lastnight, super mass balling to maximise culling “efficiency”, loads of projectile reflection, mass invis, and use of mesmer portals. You certainly know how to make a fight tedious

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Anet said over 3 weeks ago WvWvW would be a 24/7 war and that players should organize accordingly.

All top tiers servers now have nearly complete 24 hours coverage, You don’t, therefore you lose. Deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Nightcapping is dominant in WvW, i dont like it that much myself. Getting points when your opponent sleeps, something that will sort out when these servers get faced off against eachother.

But i feel a lot of butthurt from FSP in this thread, and a lot of chest thumping “we are better during the day! You just win at PvD!” Well, Desolation can hold its own during the day and then some.
I’ve seen FSP plenty of times with a massive point-gain lead in the morning (morning cappers) only to see it completely evaporate in an hour or two leaving them third. The rest of the day Deso had the lead most of the time, albeit a small lead. And FSP and kodash took the lead aswell. But certainly not this “awe inspiring, all mighty, day-time”-crew from FSP many seem to boast about.

You’re fighting an opponent that clawed its way back up, one that can compare with you in strength. But, also has a better round the clock coverage, and you are losing because of that.
Leave your whining at the door, you are making your realm look bad. Arenanet basicly said, go 24/7 or go home. Again, not sure if i like it but its the way it is. And you all know it or you wouldnt look to get nightcoverage aswell. So complaining about Deso having nightcrew (quite a bunch even native to europe, RUIN is absolutely not alone) while trying to get one yourself is just childish. “He has the toy i want!”, im glad most from FSP are more sensible then that.

And if you think nightcapping is bad, wait till you meet Blacktide. You can both morningcap and fight eachother head-on. Look forward to a good fight.

in WvW

Syntax.9602

The top tier servers have a great night presence. Whether that’s due to different time zone presence, high population because they’re a specific language server or just because they’re full of people who stay up really late doesn’t matter. The fact is those servers have top coverage over night.

Desolation needed help because we could never get that sort of coverage by ourself. We used the rules that Anet set up with the 24 hour warfare system and got ourselves some help. Now we only have one weak time period and we’re looking to strengthen that too.

Here are two totally false assumptions. Desolation has never played against Elona. So how does it happen that a german server without oversea presence manages to defeat arborstone and vizunah? And now Arborstone defeats Vizunah and Elona. The simple reason is because they stay awake a bit longer, which they can’t do for long. So they win this week and lose the next, because they are exhausted. Now you should be aware what the problem is if a server joins this 3 that needs no effort to keep the numbers high on evening.

Your next false assumption is that Desolation needed help. What Desolation will now most likely get is the same as the other 3 Servers in T1 have, large queues. Desolation never needed help. Maybe they needed some time to recover from losing some players and to adjust their rating, but thats all.

If I follow your argumentation, we would also need help, because we don’t have night coverage. But on the other side we have no queues (the highest is about 30min in the evening, which isn’t much), a good organized community and lately we even have a great mood all the time, because we don’t want to be T1 and most likely never will be. So we have fun while losing and fun while winning, sometimes even more from the former than the later.

We want to play against equal opponents that give us great fights and we really do not care much about points. Actually Kodash lost 4 matchups (this one counted, since we will lose most likely), was placed 2nd twice and we won one matchup which was quite hilarious since we had almost no opponents even during normal primetime (6pm GMT, our enemies were outnumbered, since Baruch only made points with nightcapping, but where unable to field an army at day).

During the boring week some people actually left Kodash and joined our enemies to make the battle a bit more fair and fun.

So you said Desolation needed help… for what? If you want to make matchups more boring… congrats you achieved that.

The simple fact is that RUIN makes all efforts during primetime worthless, because you will get the points at night nevertheless. And you should understand, that there could be people (and I guess there are) even on Deso who dislike that fact.

So what has RUIN actually achieved for Desolation, despite having different opponents. There isn’t really a difference in what league you play. And because of queues I would prefer playing in lower tiers everyday. Because it makes no point to play in Tier 1 if playing actually means waiting 2 hours to get on the battlefield.

PS: I do not see how FS is Morning-Capping, they had 20 Points at 10am, which is not exactly the definition of morning-capping^^

(edited by Syntax.9602)

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

I don’t think FSP will have any chance against Blacktide in the morning, actually. ^^

But that aside I completely agree with Terrahero. Also I just have to say the fights of last week were a lot better compared to this week. The only “enemy” server I really still have to give credits to is Kodash for showing me how to properly defend a tower/keep. Man these guys are good defenders with small forces.

Other than that. I am not impressed with the “allmighty daytime crew” of FSP at all. Meh.

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Brunners.7251

The main difference between us is Desolation want to be a tier 1 server. That’s what we’re working towards and that’s why we’re building our night force now, nice and early. That’s where we differ. You’re happy where you are, great, you don’t need any help. We want to go up a few tiers, we needed some time coverage. We’ve always been a high pop server with weirdly low WvW population (even when there are queues it feels like the wvw maps are empty).

We couldn’t rely on IRON to provide night coverage every night (even though they did, just so everyone is aware IRON covered the night for almost a week before RUIN turned up.)

We don’t even have queues now, maybe during primtime an hour or so for EB, but Borderlands is like 10-20 minutes usually.

Also, I clearly stated that the tier one servers may well have a good nightforce because they just stay awake longer. You foiled my assumption with apparently the exact same assumption.

All in all, it’s been a good week. I enjoy fighting Kodash because (as Bloodsteel says) you guys are incredible defenders.

P.S. Even I agree that RUIN turning the whole map blue every night isn’t as fun as duking it out for first, but if that’s what gets us back up into tier 1 where we will have competition late into the night, so be it.

After a few weeks we’ll hopefully be out of your guyses hair and you can go on with your wvw and stop complaining about Desolation.

in WvW

Syntax.9602

The Problem is, Vizunah is already falling apart cause of the queues. A lot of players left Vizunah lately and Arborstone is already preparing for the same. They just have horrible queues, because if they have nightcoverage it is provided by players that also play a lot during the day. Vizunah and Riverside had the largest queues of the european servers with both about 5 hours. Riverside already broke apart and Vizunah is about to join them. So Desolation will not have real opposition until some other servers get a lot of oversea-presense.

And now let’s imagine that after blacktide some more servers get nightcoverage (FS or SFR as example) that is even stronger than desolations, they will race up to Tier1 and the same exodus that happened to desolation once before might happen again.

Just look what happened to HoD in the NA-Brackets and actually might happen soon to JQ. The servers that get Number 1 are swarmed by people who want to play on Number 1 and the increasing queues slowly destroy the server because the good WvW-Guilds leave.

The real problem about Tier 1 is, that everyone expects the best WvW in Tier 1 which is again totally false. Tier 1 are mainly the most populated Servers, which because of this have a lot of coverage in Off-Times. Some FS-Players might remember, but Vizunah often was really terrible, they entirely relied on their ability to field strong numbers at night (although not as strong as desolation).

So if you focus on getting Number 1, you should be aware that this has it’s drawbacks and your server suffered once from being Tier 1 and you should be aware that this could happen again.

in WvW

Brunners.7251

I don’t think Desolation ever truly had a “mass exodus”. Not the same way some other servers have.

What happened with Desolation is when the 24 hour matches started we were winning a lot so a lot of our server who enjoy basking in un-earned glory went into wvw and created queues. When we started losing these people disappeared.

Fairweather wvwers are Desolation’s problem, not so much a mass exodus. The players we lose often come right back when we start winning again, which is a bit frustrating.

Desolation is chock full of what I call cosmetic commanders, that you suspiciously never see until we already own most of the maps.

EDIT: Also I do understand the rest of your points, I think we all know there will be issues being tier 1, which is why we’re preparing now.

Been a good week so far, great matches (although I prefer Kodash to FS, the Germans are much more tactically aware)

in WvW

Posted by: Azanure.8035

Azanure.8035

A question to my fellow FS players. What the hell is going on today? Have we quited already? We can’t even get past the spawn point in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

You desolation boys seem to be doing well thsi wekk.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Syntax.9602

I don’t think that FS is worse than us in regards to tactics.

But the main reason why we rely on good tactics is that we have no other option. Since we can’t get help for our offtimes. And actually since this match is already lost to use we will try some new stuff and go for a bit of new techniques, which might not be that successful, but somewhen you need to try out new stuff.

And that is what makes us strong at least sometimes.

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Which tier would you prefer to be in, 3? or even as low as 4?

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Well our opponents in Tier 4 where pretty weak. I would not go as far as prefering certain tiers, since that makes no sense. We had some good fights against SFR when we meet them, although they are a lot stronger than us, but thats what makes the fights fun. We also want a rematch against riverside, no idea how strong they are now. FS seems to be pretty fun with good tactics too and they will most likely drop too.

So it has nothing to do in particular with tiers it is certain servers that are fun to play against.

in WvW

Posted by: Maz Muzhik.2165

Maz Muzhik.2165

Very simple what went on today with Fsp. Desolation night capped everything (as per usual) however today was the start of the Halloween events for us Europeans. Where as normally we would take the maps back, we did not due to the majority of people pve-ing (including myself) which then doesn’t help morale. Halloween is only here for a short time, while wvw will be here for a long time =). I’m sure many Kodash players and desolation players were busy with Halloween stuff also during today.

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

@Sylosi.6503: Yes and they have half the population of the US.

Roughly 145mil Russians and 313mil Americans. Most of those ruassians live in the european part of russia, 2/3 to be exact.

Half of russia (east of Krasnojarks) is more or less uninhabited, which means several of the timezones. And since most russians live in the european part, those have roughly the same timezone (a few hours different than CET). The other 45mil is half of germanies population, so very scattered. Heck the state of NY has close to 20mil.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

Where is FSP? You guys haven’t really shown up in days. Haven’t seen a big fight with FSP since last saturday. You guys gave up too soon. This could have been a fun fight in prime time even if it wasn’t close in overall points, we still could have had a good fight. Blacktide never gave up against us. Kodash never does either, our first week on Deso we saw Kodash still fighting until the final hour even though they were last in overall points. Those were fun fights. They had real fighting spirit. We expected to see that from FSP but frankly we aren’t. A little disappointed to be honest since you guys talked yourselves up to be the big force of tier 2 but I just don’t see it. Next week will be our final chance to fight FSP before we move on to tier 1. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield and not just the forums this time.

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

SkeletalLlama.5381 in case you had not noticed, there have been no big wvw battles at all today. And we were playing on monday, but ofcourse if you didnt log inbefore 02:00 you would not see any big battles because that is when you start outnumbering us 20 to 1.
It is not like Desolation has this huge presence in wvw today either as most people are busy with the PvE event.

in WvW

SkeletalLlama.5381

But I was there before 2:00. I was there all day. We were winning as we have been 24/7 for days now. During your own prime time yesterday 10 Desolation players managed to hold off over 50 FSP players in Anzalias with all the walls and the gate down for over 45 minutes. It got so boring that Deso players were /dancing on the walls and auto attacking to afk and type casually in chat and we were still winning. FSP was just running away. The battle didn’t end until the Deso players left to go defend Durios from Kodash. And when we looked back, Kodash had taken Anzalias from under FSP’s noses. It’s like FSP isn’t even 1/4 as good as they’ve claimed. It’s your prime time right now and FSP is being crushed again. This is 24/7 Desolation domination. But really I think has more to do with the strengths of Desolation than the weakness of FSP. Deso is a good server that just needed a few more players to really complete it. And don’t worry in a week’s time we’ll be out of your tier and you can try to fight someone else.

(edited by SkeletalLlama.5381)

in WvW

Posted by: Dax.3815

Dax.3815

Well skeletal. you just move on to bracket 1 and we relax this week. When you finally meet som opposistion to the nightcapping you are going to be crying very hard, and the americans will look for other servers since they clearly do not like a challenge: why else would you migrate to a server to nightcap?

And good riddance. Tier 2 will be so much more balanced and nice to play when all the people that dont enjoy a challenge all gets put into 1 tier with high ques.

I look forword to it.

in WvW

SkeletalLlama.5381

That’s kind of my point. FSP has been very hostile and angry about all this when they should just relax. Deso is just passing through on the way to the top. Your tier will go back to normal balance in a couple of weeks. There’s no need to get so aggressive on the forums and get so angry at the players of our server. This is a temporary imbalance that will be corrected soon enough. And this morning we had FSP players using speedhacks against us which is clearly uncalled for and it wasn’t very effective. Don’t stoop to cheating and slander. Just get your chin up and fight on like Kodash and Blacktide do. Complaining doesn’t fix anything and it doesn’t win games.

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

In fairness Skeletal, we have had a few match-ups that we lost mainly due to fair weather players not participating when we are losing. During the SFR match-up especially, I think we could have won but moral was very low at the time and people weren’t just weren’t joining. FS probably has a worse moral problem than we ever did and they will probably drop into tier 3 before the can rally and come back, that’s no worse than what we went through.

in WvW

Posted by: jroekke.7210

jroekke.7210

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15 Look at your point peaks skeletal. Wouldnt say youre owning 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

I am on Desolation from beta, never was on any other server. This is my point of view so it might not be totally true.

In the begining where the matches were short we were doing well, we had a lot of pride and fighting spirit.

We were around the top and ques began to be a bit problem, but hey it wasnt that bad. Some W3 guilds left around that time. Since Deso is big server with quite low w3 population, it wasnt good, because we replaced organized part with more zerg.

Then came longer matches and nightcapping, we were fighting hard but after some time it was clear, that we cant make it. People got discouraged, moralle took a big hit, we started loosing and all the fair-waither bunch started to change servers.

So after some time we ended with instant access to EB in every second of the day. It wasnt because we lost that much of population overall, but we lost big part of our w3 population. I really respect people I was fighting with at that time, because those times were hard and we didnt give up.

So slowly we began to build our w3 community, getting more organized and doing things the right way. Around that time IRON decided to make some night forces so we didnt loose at night that hard, and funny thing was, that we began to gain lead thanks to night, although our primetime performance was not that good. Soon after IRON’s hard work began to bear fruits, RUIN decided to join us.

That kinda kittened us up ’cause three things did happen.
First, our primetime play stoped evolving thanks to easy winning through nightcapping, so there wasnt need for us to get better at primetime.
Second, all that fairweather PVE population started to join w3 cause we were winning. When the times were tough I knew I could trust people around me cause only real fighters stayed at that time. When we began to win and those fairweather people joined I noticed they die so friking fast. I was like wtf, wth you doing here?
Third, with RUIN we got some kind of reputation so some fairweather people came from other servers too.

Which directly leads to our poor primetime performance, especially in organisation and cooperation. All those people from Deso that boasts how our primetime is good, get reall. If we didnt had nightcrew, we would be loosing and would have outmaned buff probably in EB too (maybe IRON would not break under the nightshifts yet, so maybe not). We had good primetime forces, but I dont feel it is true right now. SFR, Blacktide and FS clearly showed us our weaknesses, and that is primetime performance.

I am not saying we dont know how to fight or that we dont put up good fight, but with are not ready for T1 with our primetime yet. I am really bothered by disrespect of some individuals towards our opponents that clearly are better at primetime then we are atm.

I remember the times when we all were pretty kitten off cause of nightcapping, we called it PvE or PvD and made fun of it. Now we do the same things others did to us. I am not okay with that but until ANET changes their policy, we cant do a kitten about it.

So I would really like all of us from Deso, that really care for w3, to see things as they really are. We need to get better organisation, communication and cooperation in our primetime or we will suffer and rightly so. My hope is, that we will learn from that and that we will get better. But in no way I feel that we are better server than for example FS, we just had been lucky with RUIN joining us.

Howgh

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

A question to my fellow FS players. What the hell is going on today? Have we quited already? We can’t even get past the spawn point in EB.

Halloween started today, I was stuck on LA overflow for almost 2 hours.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

I am on Desolation from beta, never was on any other server. This is my point of view so it might not be totally true.

In the begining where the matches were short we were doing well, we had a lot of pride and fighting spirit.

We were around the top and ques began to be a bit problem, but hey it wasnt that bad. Some W3 guilds left around that time. Since Deso is big server with quite low w3 population, it wasnt good, because we replaced organized part with more zerg.

Then came longer matches and nightcapping, we were fighting hard but after some time it was clear, that we cant make it. People got discouraged, moralle took a big hit, we started loosing and all the fair-waither bunch started to change servers.

So after some time we ended with instant access to EB in every second of the day. It wasnt because we lost that much of population overall, but we lost big part of our w3 population. I really respect people I was fighting with at that time, because those times were hard and we didnt give up.

So slowly we began to build our w3 community, getting more organized and doing things the right way. Around that time IRON decided to make some night forces so we didnt loose at night that hard, and funny thing was, that we began to gain lead thanks to night, although our primetime performance was not that good. Soon after IRON’s hard work began to bear fruits, RUIN decided to join us.

That kinda kittened us up ’cause three things did happen.
First, our primetime play stoped evolving thanks to easy winning through nightcapping, so there wasnt need for us to get better at primetime.
Second, all that fairweather PVE population started to join w3 cause we were winning. When the times were tough I knew I could trust people around me cause only real fighters stayed at that time. When we began to win and those fairweather people joined I noticed they die so friking fast. I was like wtf, wth you doing here?
Third, with RUIN we got some kind of reputation so some fairweather people came from other servers too.

Which directly leads to our poor primetime performance, especially in organisation and cooperation. All those people from Deso that boasts how our primetime is good, get reall. If we didnt had nightcrew, we would be loosing and would have outmaned buff probably in EB too (maybe IRON would not break under the nightshifts yet, so maybe not). We had good primetime forces, but I dont feel it is true right now. SFR, Blacktide and FS clearly showed us our weaknesses, and that is primetime performance.

I am not saying we dont know how to fight or that we dont put up good fight, but with are not ready for T1 with our primetime yet. I am really bothered by disrespect of some individuals towards our opponents that clearly are better at primetime then we are atm.

I remember the times when we all were pretty kitten off cause of nightcapping, we called it PvE or PvD and made fun of it. Now we do the same things others did to us. I am not okay with that but until ANET changes their policy, we cant do a kitten about it.

So I would really like all of us from Deso, that really care for w3, to see things as they really are. We need to get better organisation, communication and cooperation in our primetime or we will suffer and rightly so. My hope is, that we will learn from that and that we will get better. But in no way I feel that we are better server than for example FS, we just had been lucky with RUIN joining us.

Howgh

Don’t get me wrong you have in many points right but until those servers don’t have competent force in nightcap unfortunatly they have no chance in T1 they will just destroy their own server morale we also where in T1 and the same thing happened to us or you forget about that ? , maybe there are advantages being in lower tiers , and yes there is always room for improvement

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

SneakyErvin.3056

Roughly 145mil Russians and 313mil Americans. Most of those ruassians live in the european part of russia, 2/3 to be exact.

Half of russia (east of Krasnojarks) is more or less uninhabited, which means several of the timezones. And since most russians live in the european part, those have roughly the same timezone (a few hours different than CET). The other 45mil is half of germanies population, so very scattered. Heck the state of NY has close to 20mil.

And most Americans play on the NA servers, so a greater population is irrelvant.

You already gave Siberia as an example of unihabited and without internet connections, yet it has millions of people living there, with internet connections, so I don’t have much faith in your geographical knowledge.

You can try and make excuses all you like, but certain servers morning cap, when we played Blacktide we would wake up to a huge chunks of the map having been taken back, if we got on early we would find ourselves with the outmanned buff and why? Becasue Blacktide has a huge Russian guild called Xaoc and that even if for the sake of argument I only include 3 Russain time zones that is still a bunch of people getting up 3-6 hours earlier than an a server like Desolation which is heavily UK/western Europe. And in similar vein, when I played early this saturday and FS took back their garrison, we were playing with the outmanned buff.

And just to be clear I don’t like imbalanced numbers in WvW because it makes for crappy PvP which ever side you are on, however making out that imbalanced numbers only occur late at night is dishonest.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in WvW

Posted by: Wal.4267

Wal.4267

If you would have only let Napoleon cap Russia back in the day you could all be speaking French now and wouldn’t have such an issue with coverage. BTW do the French utilize any of their old colonial empire for night coverage like Vietnam?

in WvW

Posted by: Glor.2485

Glor.2485

BTW do the French utilize any of their old colonial empire for night coverage like Vietnam?

Wtf are you on?

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

@SkeletalLlama
I can tell you why we haven’t been able to do much today. Yesterday (monday) FSP had a good day. I mostly played on FS BL and we had more than 50% of the map for most of the day restricting Kodash and Deso to 1 tower each. There was a slight dip around dinner time where we lost the lead but we quickly got that back.
We managed to hold off your massive nightcrew till 00:30 GMT + 2 with our last people online at that point.

Now what happened in the weekend is that Deso would nightcap everything get everything fully upgraded and go to sleep but we would face little resistance during the morning/afternoon so we could atleast get our towers back and start getting ready to take keep(s), at which time your prime time group would be on aswell. However today there still was a big nightcrew presence during the morning. Which meant that you guys had:
1) fully upgraded keeps/towers/supp camps
2) All keeps/towers/supp camps had full supply
3) A metric ton of siege weaponry on every possible wall

Have you ever tried taking a fully upgraded tower with 600+ supply in it, 1/2 trebs, 2 cata’s, 3/4 ballistas, a ton of arrow carts AND 30+ defenders while you can really only effectively get your own supply from a single camp? It takes a long time and especially with the culling issue which allows a suicide squad of 10-15 to kitten your siege weaponry you got running after god knows how many supp runs.
However we did manage to atleast claw our way back into FS BL. However we probably have a 8-10 hour time frame in which we have proper power to do stuff. Today we spent atleast 80% of it, getting our own stuff back and stable because you were able to take and upgrade the keeps/towers/supp camps with little to no resistance and were able to defend them with a big group and the aforementioned upgrades.

If you want a fight or have fun but still be able to get into T1, don’t create a full 24 hour schedule yet. Because it simply means we will spend 80% of our prime time taking back our regular stuff which you will beat PvD within a matter of minutes the moment we go to sleep.
If you keep the 24 hour schedule up (as you had from monday night to tuesday) Deso will probably be bored defending towers by pressing 1-2-3 on siege weaponry or portalling into a zerg to enjoy a culling issue.
No matter what, we will still be out there having fun because we get to try new strats, take stuff back that actually requires teamwork and effort and we still get to kill some of you. Most of us no longer care about the nightcapping or fighting against a 24 hour-ish force we have fun running around facing tough battles and often being outnumbered but still victorious. While appearantly you guys have to sit and mope even though you are in the lead with +500 points or something simply because there’s no resistance.
I guess the 24 hour thing really is a double-edged sword.

in WvW

Posted by: Gray.3725

Gray.3725

Epic finish of an Epic day. Congratulations to every Desolation fighter on our homelands!

It’s not about the golems, it’s about the message.

Attachments:

Gray Hatheon – 80 Warrior
Legacy of Raiders – [LoR] – Currently recruiting, message me or whisper ingame.
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Celes.9726

Celes.9726

Epic finish of an Epic day. Congratulations to every Desolation fighter on our homelands!

And the message is?

in WvW

Posted by: Azanure.8035

Azanure.8035

@Celes.9726 It’s probably “YOLO” or something related with “swag”

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

I see your golems Gray and raise you Ruins golem party last night we had. We only planned to put down 10 but once i put those down, other people started putting there’s down too so it kinda got out of control lol.

Also our message was to put a Alpha Golem in every home.

Attachments:

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

QUOTE:Hi folks.
In the interest of allowing the worlds to have a place to discuss their matches, we’re going to re-open this thread one last time.
Let me be perfectly clear here first though – we have taken the time to clean this thread up, and trust me, there was a lot to be cleaned out.
These threads are for discussing WvWvW calmly, constructively, and without personal attacks. If you can’t show good sportsmanship, refrain from calling players or guilds out on what you perceive to be cheats or unjust actions, and be polite, this thread is not for you.
I have re-opened this thread, but note that it comes with a caveat… players ignoring the Code of Conduct will not be given a free or lenient path. If you see someone breaking the rules, report the post (click the little black flag in the bottom right-hand corner of the offending post). Do not be the person that violates the rules by responding in kind.
With that, this thread is now open – remember to play fair and play nice. Failure to do so will result in the permanent closure of this thread.
Thanks! END QUOTE

On that note, I have enjoyed some of the fights, looking forward to seeing Blacktide next week.

I have up most respect for Blacktide, Good sportman ship, Don’t give up with be a great match up.

Other than that GL Kodash and FSP Keep up the work.

thanks you should see what we are putting up with this week.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

And most Americans play on the NA servers, so a greater population is irrelvant.

You already gave Siberia as an example of unihabited and without internet connections, yet it has millions of people living there, with internet connections, so I don’t have much faith in your geographical knowledge.

You can try and make excuses all you like, but certain servers morning cap, when we played Blacktide we would wake up to a huge chunks of the map having been taken back, if we got on early we would find ourselves with the outmanned buff and why? Becasue Blacktide has a huge Russian guild called Xaoc and that even if for the sake of argument I only include 3 Russain time zones that is still a bunch of people getting up 3-6 hours earlier than an a server like Desolation which is heavily UK/western Europe. And in similar vein, when I played early this saturday and FS took back their garrison, we were playing with the outmanned buff.

And just to be clear I don’t like imbalanced numbers in WvW because it makes for crappy PvP which ever side you are on, however making out that imbalanced numbers only occur late at night is dishonest.

You talk as if we are a very heavy russian server. FS is very heavy on scandinavians and dutch people. And yes half of siberia is uninhabited, east of the city I mentioned earlier there are no big cities. It’s nomad land, reindeer breeders and such, saami land.

And stop getting stuck on saturday battles. Its during weekdays you rack up the points because you have the night time cappers. There is a huge difference during the weekdays between “morning capping” and “night capping”. Morning capping is much harder to pull off, because as said before, people have work they need to attend. Night capping happens during US peak hours until midnight. The russians, as I have said before, dont have any free roaming possibilities, since their early morning times crash with the US hours.

We have like 1 huge rus guild, while deso has how many different ruin combinations from the US?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in WvW

Posted by: Aburitul.1568

Aburitul.1568

It’s so funny that u cry about FSP not being a competitive server,we are against nightcapping since weak 2 or 3 of the game and we manage to keep it up in the tier one bracket till last week,but it’s getting exhausting and demoralizing to see that in the morning u lost everything u worked for and u have to start all over again.We are the only ones who survived to Tier 1 whitout any nightcapping.So u can enjoy you’re victory but it’s not a fair one.Don’t forget that u fought us before and u droped to the lower bracket.

in WvW

Posted by: Arsil.6305

Arsil.6305

Not a very Entertaining footage but it will tell u the kind of things ARE happening atm and what kind of things WILL happen soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Seems like they don’t know what immune means.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Transfers are really too much. Thousands of people transferring on everyday basis just because they can. This is not normal.
I do enjoy gameplay made by many rather small guilds, but there are just too many people that just tag around for rewards spoiling capture plans and mindlessly running after countless commander signes. Commanders should be like leaders of active wvw guilds when on wvw map, not those lonely “Hey lets destroy weather node” and “I just dropped my ballista here” guys.
I will not talk about today in termv of SFR vs Kodash vs Deso and nightcapping, I would like to just point out that Deso’s very low potetntial score during the day does not magically change into a bigger one when night falls. Before Ruin replaces primetime forces on the battlefield, those forces don’t just sit there doing nothing. They might not be getting as much points nightime shifts do, but they play very important part – they deplete supplies, take and reinforce key points.
And please, don’t make people laugh. Taking a keep during losing by 600 points at day is not same as taking a keep when scrores are even close to the night.
It just happened to be so. Eu daytime forces are there to stop your scoring. To challenge your standing. To defeat you at your prime. Nightshift is there to make us score. To destroy your remains of your standing. To defeat you at their prime.
Now, we all can only dream of the perfect wvw with all servers covering 24 hours and continious, never ending battle. Even if this will be hard, unfair, boring and unrewarding, Desolation is taking those first steps to that dream. And the only thing I regret is that there are too many prople with too many options to betray their home servers day after day, just to claim themselves to be on the winning side.
Desolation went through one collapse when week long matchups started. It will take more than just long queues to make us fall again. And if anything, it will always be the weakest leaving. First to run from queues will be those who don’t care about what is there after the wait. And there is nothing bad in that.

in WvW

Posted by: Gray.3725

Gray.3725

@Aburitul: It wasn’t mainly due to FS, we CAN match your day forces, and we could match them before aswell, we dropped down because we got more demoralized by Nightcapping than you did.

Gray Hatheon – 80 Warrior
Legacy of Raiders – [LoR] – Currently recruiting, message me or whisper ingame.
Desolation