10/19 Desolation vs Far Shiverpeaks vs Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

SneakyErvin.3056
And yes half of siberia is uninhabited…

I quite I agree (at least in the sense there are large unhabitated areas, very sparsely populated areas), it is also not what you originally said, so is irrelvant.

SneakyErvin.3056
And stop getting stuck on saturday battles. Its during weekdays you rack up the points because you have the night time cappers. There is a huge difference during the weekdays between “morning capping” and “night capping”. Morning capping is much harder to pull off, because as said before, people have work they need to attend. Night capping happens during US peak hours until midnight. The russians, as I have said before, dont have any free roaming possibilities, since their early morning times crash with the US hours.

So let’s get this right, imbalnced numbers are bad when it is happening at night to your server, but fine if you outman other servers in the morning (or any other time of day)?

And guess what we also had the outmanned buff for a while on Saturday afternoon.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

And yes half of siberia is uninhabited

It stands to reason that the other half is inhabited. Given that Siberia is 8 times as large as Europe that means you’ve got 4 Europes playing against just 1 Europe in the morning time period. No wonder you guys do well in the mornings.

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

Classic MajorKong right there ladies & gentlemen! That’ll be 1g each, don’t worry it’ll go directly into our very own golem-fund.

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: WoodstockTC.6150

WoodstockTC.6150

frankly i don´t exactly get why so many ppl continue whining about night-capping. and changing odds. (exploits are something else, and yes i was also in shadaran most of the day before the portal happened)

Although WvW has some fixed rules (&too many restrictions for my taste), it should be as close to a sandbox model as possible without trying to even down or dumb down the battlefield. This always means tailoring the ruleset in RL or VR around the least competitive guy.

It became such a trend to just whine to the ‘game gods (ie creators)’ instead coping with the rules, taking the competition and trying to organize, recruit other guilds, find ways around it.
Agreed there will be friction, but the overall experiences (bad& the great moments when you finally accomplish something against all odds) will be much memorable than an overtuned casualized game experience.

As ex nato/sfor military it is very interesting to see how quick a military-alike organization is developing on the fly ingame under such constrains and competitive pressure:
-> from pure karma trains non existing “swarm intelligence” (ie barbaric hordes) to organization, tactics, battlegroups, feint attacks to bind enemy forces or imply a movement pattern
organization of night shifts, specialized guilds, training programs and so on and so on.

i´d like to see some ppl relax a little more, welcome any challenge, understand that playing vs better organized servers will boost their knowledge (even though some ppl may get demoralized, but hey that´s life).
They can find ways fighting 24/7 servers with a larger playerbase (ie actively recruiting guilds, or by setting expectations right), getting alliances set (the infamous W&WvW) through the organized guilds.
This can be totally valid tactic (and is in any book or rl scenario) whenever 2 forces have to deal with 1 large force and can agree on a subset of common interests for the time being..

greez, Kriegskind-TC@Kodash

OCCUPY WvW – Nirax
human warrior; asura thief

(edited by WoodstockTC.6150)

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Yeah FS does really well at morning. They managed to get a whole 20 Points. Because an incredible amount of siberians swarmed the battlegrounds.

So first Siberia consists of GMT+5, GMT+7, GMT+9, GMT 10, GMT11 and GMT+12, second Russia has no Sommertime so -1 to all of them. GMT+9 to GMT+12 does not even has the infrastructure to field a large WvW-Guild. Siberia has about 38 Millionen inhabitants, but most of them live directly behind the ural in GMT+5. Even if they would be spread equal each timezone would only consist of about 6 Millionen people. For comparison the USA spread over 5 timezones (one less, well if you count some islands it would be 7), which would mean 10 times as much people per timezone.

To field a full WvW-Crew all the time 0,03% of all the inhabitants of some of the siberian-timezones need to access far shiverpeaks WvW. Only 8% of all russians use the internet on a daily basis, so it is doubtful that this number is as high for siberia (since most younger russians leave it for larger cities in western russia).

So i highly doubt that Siberians have anything to do with this match. And I have yet to see a lead of FS in the morning (well they have twice as much points as we have… but this isn’t that hard).

Some more people live in the south (well not in numbers, but Siberia only has less than 3 people for every km². If you compare the asian with the european part of russia, 85% of it’s population live in europe.

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

It’s so funny that u cry about FSP not being a competitive server,we are against nightcapping since weak 2 or 3 of the game and we manage to keep it up in the tier one bracket till last week,but it’s getting exhausting and demoralizing to see that in the morning u lost everything u worked for and u have to start all over again.We are the only ones who survived to Tier 1 whitout any nightcapping.So u can enjoy you’re victory but it’s not a fair one.Don’t forget that u fought us before and u droped to the lower bracket.

You are not competitive enough anymore, deal with it and stop whining. Life and war are not fair. You had 3 weeks since ANet announcement to make adjustments, you didn’t, Desolation did, thus they win.

Now go and use your diplomacy skills to fill the night gap and come back fight.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

What diplomacy skills? Have you not read the thread?

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Well now replace FS with Kodash, are you saying we should look for some oversea-communities.

Oh I know some fun preparation, how about starting a war again, our latest efforts were not that successful, but I think invading Australia and make it german would be a way to go (well Australia is not so much different from Austria…), we really should start preparations for that.

So Anet decides to give us german servers just to say as you are kittened because your country was not imperialistic enough to spread your language (well actually germany didn’t even exist during colonization). But if you say 3 weeks… I remember something taking not much longer^^.

So basically the only reason german servers were successful was, that there was no oversea-presence to face and the battles were completly dictated by overall population and dedication. After RUIN we have now the first proven canadians in T1 (about 30 to 50, but they might leave again for US-Servers, because they lack competition, they are just testing a bit).

Actually competitive means getting a mindless american zerg to join your server and they can’t even compete in flaming since they are sleeping while we flame them, which is not more fun than fighting against doors.

The only reason they joined is because they obviously decided to avoid competition. I’m not sure what RUIN expected, did they really expected to meet a canadian hebrew-speaking guild with 500 members? Did they expect us to stay awake just to battle them?

There are 12 Servers of whom you can’t expect to get a nightcrew + 2 that are literally stuck at the bottom. And since WvW isn’t fixed you will always have a borderline were the english obviously superior servers will battle the french/german servers.

And than Desolation is always talking about preparation. RUIN dropped out of nowhere, Desolation hasn’t even asked for them they just decided it would be fun to chop some wooden doors and had chosen Desolation for this, since there opponents seem to have the best doors I guess.

So Desolation just got a lucky drop with getting RUIN and no everybody sucks because they weren’t that lucky… and as Desolation fought Vizunah the french were some real baddies to fight at night and this without major oversea-presence.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Less butthurt more truth would suit you well, dear Syntax.

Oh and by the way here’s how to solve your problem: You can speak English. Join an [EU] server instead of a [DE]. It’s what I did (mainly because I actually prefer the English language to German) and I’m not missing the German servers a bit. It’s so much more fun to play with people from different countries, different cultures and (yes.) different time-zones.

Best regards,

the German who prefers English,

- Bloodsteel

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

… and as Desolation fought Vizunah the french were some real baddies to fight at night and this without major oversea-presence.

… apart from French-speaking Canadians.

I think it’ll be exciting to see Deso against VS again, as it would be a real 24-hour matchup. Though it’s looking like Deso, FSP and Blacktide in the next round.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Also slightly wrong, CorliCorso. VS has lost most of its night presence. Arborstone is the [FR] server now that has a true 24/7 coverage. But you are right, it will be interesting once it happens. Next week should be Deso, FSP & BT indeed. Could also be pretty interesting IF FSP get their butthurt sorted out beforehand.

- Bloodsteel

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

We will have the rating possibly tomorrow to go into tier 1 next week if Desolation keep this score up during prime time. So much for farshiver “owning” us during prime time. We’ve been leading prime time since sunday ( about 50-100 pt difference) and now since monday or tuesday they gave up.

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Well now replace FS with Kodash, are you saying we should look for some oversea-communities.

Oh I know some fun preparation, how about starting a war again, our latest efforts were not that successful, but I think invading Australia and make it german would be a way to go (well Australia is not so much different from Austria…), we really should start preparations for that.

So Anet decides to give us german servers just to say as you are kittened because your country was not imperialistic enough to spread your language (well actually germany didn’t even exist during colonization). But if you say 3 weeks… I remember something taking not much longer^^.

So basically the only reason german servers were successful was, that there was no oversea-presence to face and the battles were completly dictated by overall population and dedication. After RUIN we have now the first proven canadians in T1 (about 30 to 50, but they might leave again for US-Servers, because they lack competition, they are just testing a bit).

Actually competitive means getting a mindless american zerg to join your server and they can’t even compete in flaming since they are sleeping while we flame them, which is not more fun than fighting against doors.

The only reason they joined is because they obviously decided to avoid competition. I’m not sure what RUIN expected, did they really expected to meet a canadian hebrew-speaking guild with 500 members? Did they expect us to stay awake just to battle them?

There are 12 Servers of whom you can’t expect to get a nightcrew + 2 that are literally stuck at the bottom. And since WvW isn’t fixed you will always have a borderline were the english obviously superior servers will battle the french/german servers.

And than Desolation is always talking about preparation. RUIN dropped out of nowhere, Desolation hasn’t even asked for them they just decided it would be fun to chop some wooden doors and had chosen Desolation for this, since there opponents seem to have the best doors I guess.

So Desolation just got a lucky drop with getting RUIN and no everybody sucks because they weren’t that lucky… and as Desolation fought Vizunah the french were some real baddies to fight at night and this without major oversea-presence.

You do remember that we beat you 2 weeks ago without RUIN? You even had most of the orbs all week due to the SF hacker and yes we still beat you. So pls stop moaning about RUIN.

As for colonisation, really? 50% of players within Iron are not UK based. I know Germans are well superior to the English at learning languages and the majority have decent English, so you have the ability to recruit if you so wish. Or you could just join an NA server, or your wvw could go to another German server and bolster it. There are options.

RUIN were not happy with things so they made the change. Trust me they are bored senseless in the evenings and cannot wait for a challenge at night. It’s no fun having no opposition and nothing to attack or defend.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

I don’t think we will get into tier 1 next week. We are gaining +125 points now but we need at least +160 to get into tier 1. It you look in the NA rankings you can see the sort of dominating that getting +170 requires. More than anything we need Elona to give up.

The matchup I’m most looking forward to is Arborstone vs Blacktide vs Desolation, BT were very good at hitting us where we were weakest by reducing how effective the night cap is, which should put us into reach of both AS and BT. In a 1v1 I think we could take either one of them, but in a 3 way fight I think it will be incredibly equal. Plus it has the added benefit that in order to have that match we will need to get to tier 1 and then kick Vizunah out of it.

in WvW

Posted by: noxide.8514

noxide.8514

Haha! Oh man.

You should have seen the US top tier. The Tier of Tears.

We came to EU looking for a spot that needed to be filled, and epic battles.

We found what we were looking for, and I applaud Xaoc/BT/AR for giving us one hell of a good fight last matchup. Yes, we wanted better competition and less defeatism. We found it last week, and I hope it will continue.

Starting to feel like a down slope :(

But I’m staying optimistic!

[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

It’s so funny that u cry about FSP not being a competitive server,we are against nightcapping since weak 2 or 3 of the game and we manage to keep it up in the tier one bracket till last week,but it’s getting exhausting and demoralizing to see that in the morning u lost everything u worked for and u have to start all over again.We are the only ones who survived to Tier 1 whitout any nightcapping.So u can enjoy you’re victory but it’s not a fair one.Don’t forget that u fought us before and u droped to the lower bracket.

You are not competitive enough anymore, deal with it and stop whining. Life and war are not fair. You had 3 weeks since ANet announcement to make adjustments, you didn’t, Desolation did, thus they win.

Now go and use your diplomacy skills to fill the night gap and come back fight.

lol what adjustments, Deso got lucky with Ruin.

If you mean the EU guilds then yea sure i can see that. You have improved alot since the days when you were in and out of T1. But there is noway you would be dominating like you are if Ruin didnt join, the matchup would have been alot closer between the three severs, no matter how much the EU guilds improved.

FS hasnt given up, Halloween has come and we are enjoying that. Better then getting our backside handed to use at night.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: noxide.8514

noxide.8514

You must do what you need to do in order to win.

As long as it’s within the confines of the T&A / EULA that you and ANET agreed to, all is fair in love and war. And I love to war with you all, so much!

I personally do prioritize having fun above winning however, and so far EU is way more fun than the defeatist NA brackets.

[RUIN]

(edited by noxide.8514)

in WvW

WoodstockTC.6150

@Offski

as written before i welcome the challenge through 24/7 servers and have no issue with RUIN joining you guys.
Having said that allow me to come back on one particular point you stated:

//You do remember that we beat you 2 weeks ago without RUIN? You even had most
//of the orbs all week due to the SF hacker and yes we still beat you.
//So pls stop moaning about RUIN.

AFAIR back than RUIN joined you 11 or 12 Octoberish.. During the first half of the week some @Kodash even tried to avoid fights with Deso stating it would fall in the category of “wildlife conservation” as we were joking in the community TS.
We barely saw any of your players after the initial weekend where Deso was massively losing ground.
If you reread the threads from that time-frame you´ll actually come to the same conclusion. Thus, when trying to flex your muscles, please get your facts straight first.

Again,nothing against Deso getting the additional forces and i fully recon the current strength, but theres no need to try to mess with .. well ‘history’.

cheers,

OCCUPY WvW – Nirax

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

It’s true, I actually saw 2 RUIN guys on thursday and friday the talked-about week. They must have made the difference! Thanks guys.

This is an absolute farce and you (should) know it.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

WoodstockTC.6150

It’s true, I actually saw 2 RUIN guys on thursday and friday the talked-about week. They must have made the difference! Thanks guys.

This is an absolute farce and you (should) know it.

on some planet the post may have been recognized for its wisdom.

Meanwhile please consider reading the post of maximumpanda, director of Ruin from the 12th.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/69472-kodash-vs-desolation-vs-seafarers-rest/page__st__30
( on page 1 and listed per day you can find screenshots of the ranking history of this matchup in question, 2 weeks ago)

cheers

OCCUPY WvW – Nirax

(edited by WoodstockTC.6150)

in WvW

Posted by: Narai.8079

Narai.8079

As a matter of fact I remember SFR sparing you for revenge against Kodash, too. And seeing the evolution of scores from the current matchup with you guys I have to say: It doesn’t look like you’d dominate anyone without RUIN. The match would’ve been pretty close!

I think it’s great that the US guilds are looking at the EU because the competition is better over here. The problem with RUIN is simply their size which overshadows any other guild on Desolation.

What gets on my nerves though is the arrogance of the players outside of RUIN who deny that their victory is foremost because of the Off-Peak-Capping and Fair-Weather PUGs riding on the winning streak. No server dominated the other 2 during EU prime time excessively but that is hard to dismiss as the deciding factor.

On another note: What happens if RUIN doesn’t find the competition they’re looking for in T1? Will they split among different servers?

Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

As a matter of fact I remember SFR sparing you for revenge against Kodash, too.

For most of the week between SFR and Kodash, Kodash was in the number two spot. So SFR was obviously going to concentrate mostly on Kodash, and Kodash on SFR seeing as they had most to loose. What, I think, our commanders decided was that the number one slot was out of reach, rather than trying to take points from SFR, which would benefit Kodash as much as us, we would be better off taking points from Kodash and getting the number two spot. In the end it paid off and put us 20,000 ahead of Kodash.

I got to admit though, it is pretty funny to start a post where you are calling people arrogant while claiming that the other server only beat you because people were going easy on them….

And seeing the evolution of scores from the current matchup with you guys I have to say: It doesn’t look like you’d dominate anyone without RUIN. The match would’ve been pretty close!

I’d absolutely agree we wouldn’t be dominating without Ruin, and to be honest I don’t think Ruin would be winning on their own either. I’d imagine they chose Desolation over say Ruins of Surmia, is because they wanted a server that had a decent sized player base that they could contribute to and move into T1, not a karma train where they roll doors during their on hours only to have them rolled back during their off.

What gets on my nerves though is the arrogance of the players outside of RUIN who deny that their victory is foremost because of the Off-Peak-Capping and Fair-Weather PUGs riding on the winning streak. No server dominated the other 2 during EU prime time excessively but that is hard to dismiss as the deciding factor.

Last week we would have been absolutely crushed by Blacktide without Ruin, absolutely no doubt about that. In this weeks matchup I’m not certain, in EU prime time we lose a lot of ground, but that is always going to happen when you are the only server with ground to lose. When you are 1st in a matchup the 2nd position is always going to focus on you primarily and the 3rd position is often the wild card, they can either try for first or second. So far this week I think Kodash have been primarily focused on us (which this week is probably your best bet and we welcome the attention anyway, though you could probably still try freezing FS out of points and taking the number two spot), so during prime time desolation are often fighting two armies at once. It is hard to say what this fight would be without Ruin, I think that if our playerbase stuck with us (but, sadly, apart from the stubborn few, that is a pretty big assumption on our side) we would be mostly equal during prime time.

One of the problems that Desolation (as, originally, primarily a UK server) has is that most people who work odd hours and probably form the backbone of the night group on other servers, don’t tend to play on UK servers as there isn’t a language barrier to play on US ones. So without Ruin, Kodash would be the one doing most of the nightcapping (most nights ye field a much bigger force than FS does), while FS would be taking the days and probably the orbs (seeing as they start a couple of hours earlier) and it would be an uphill battle for us each night.

On another note: What happens if RUIN doesn’t find the competition they’re looking for in T1? Will they split among different servers?

I still think Arborstone will put up a decent fight, back when they released the queue graphs for the servers Vizunah had queues for 23 hours a day, I’ve heard that a lot of those people transferred over to Arborstone when the Vizunah queues become too long. So I’m hopefully that Arborstone will be good competition. Who knows what people will do if they aren’t. I’d imagine that Ruin especially are hoping that other guilds will follow them over onto other EU servers, there were a couple of posts to that effect from the leader of Ruin on the forum, and make their battles 24/7 and a lot more equal. All I can say for certain is that last weeks matchup was a lot more fun simply because it was a lot tougher.

On a different note, if ANet don’t do something about free transfers at some point soon, then I could imagine eventually that all the top EU guilds will end up playing on NA servers, and all the top NA guilds on EU servers, just to avoid the really long queues when a server gets into t1 and people start jumping on the bandwaggon. Which is kinda a funny workaround.

(edited by Knasher.5607)

in WvW

Syntax.9602

What I said. The week before RUIN was actually fun.

You only think of your good, but actually even german servers have some people that can only play at night. We lost to Desolation before, but it was a lot closer. Now if you log in at night you could only dance at your spawn, you could not even cap some ressource-caps since even they are defended well enough because you are totally outnumbered.

We actually even stopped playing, it’s some kind of promise to Elona to get them out of T1, so that they could get some sleep at least. And yeah Arborstone got some Canadians now, but they aren’t that many, but enough to win T1 (should be 30 to 50).

It might fun that RUIN feels well on european servers, but they startet a trend of joining EU-Servers that RUINs WvW for a lot of servers, exspecially most german and french servers that have not have the ability to get oversea-presence to that extend.

They are only T1 because they showed a lot of dedication, and literally had no sleep. Now Arborstone recruited some canadians, after they got beaten by Elona to prepare for Desolation, but I have no idea if they stay.

Mixing all kind of timezones kinda works for NA since there are only english servers that have equal chances of recruiting oversea-guilds, but in europe you basically will create two class-wvw. And the greatest problem is, that until all that servers are T1 they stomp everything and totally destroy WvW.

It is fun if you lose at night while being outnumbered a little bit and actually have a chance of getting one tower. And the result of this is a matchup where both enemies stopped fighting 3 days before it is over because it is totally pointless.

We battled Desolation before and lost, but we actually had the feeling that we have some chance of winning, which is totally gone now.

in WvW

Posted by: Quarion.2538

Quarion.2538

I tend to stay away from here but lately I have seen alot of disinformation that I want to clear up.

1.Reason RUIN left US bracket
We decided to leave the US bracket because we saw that as a whole ALL us servers would give up if they were not in the points lead by Sunday. We found that especially on our server, we would be the only guild on the battlefield. This was frustrating. We originally looked at some US servers that had overnight coverage but realized no viable servers had room for us

2. Why we chose Desolation
I would like to disclose that I myself led the research team for the EU servers.

What I found:
a.EU servers did not give up until the match was over. They were fighting even though losing right up until the last minute before reset.
b.Pubbies (pugs in US) were very willing to listen to direction, donate to war funds for upgrades, and generally for 10 times better than any US pug. They understood general tactics and would implement them without even being asked.
c.Desolation is the unofficial Anglo-American, English server. We decided to make some fun with our transfer and play into the americans joining the British to fight other countries.
d.Desolation already had several established guilds that were willing to coordinate with us and actually wanted us to join them. These guilds had an amazing fighting attitude and were not willing to give up even when losing. (IRON, FG, GG, LoR, and others I’m sure I’m forgetting)

3. Why we chose EU
Firstly what I’m about to say is meant to be taken in fun as a part of the meta-game. We decided that it would be interesting to make this about bringing the French servers down. It is widely known that most EU communities and the US dislike the French for whatever reasons. We saw the FR starting to dominate the EU bracket and decided to make this about joining together with out EU brethren to bring down the tyrannical rule of the FR in tier 1 of the EU bracket. We are well aware that until tier 1 we may be facing PvDoor. But as my research has directly revealed the FR servers have a LARGE nighttime presence. We have been informed of an organization called CaSu that are mostly French Canadian. Alot of players on the EU servers fear CaSu. We (ruin) cannot wait to face them and dominate them. Yes I said dominate. RUIN intentionally seeks out large organizations that people believe are the best and do everything in our power to defeat them. We will be victorious!

4. RUIN has seen no competition since xferring.
Our first full week matchup was against AR and Blacktide. AR was an average strength server that only gave us hassles when we were trying to repel the BT forces. Blacktide on the other hand has Xaoc. As the overnight leader of RUINs rapid response team I can say that facing the Russians during THEIR primetime was the funnest and hardest competition I have ever faced. They tend to be very squishy but the pure numbers they bring to fights was amazing. We had to adapt our tactics quickly to counter them and by the third night we were successful in completely routing their overnight capping zerg. Also the amount of siege they place in defensive positions is absolutely insane. Myself and my guys have completly fell in love with the high level of play from all servers in this EU bracket.
During our second week against FSP and kodash we had a lot of good battles as well. I applaud the Germans for the fight they have put up despite not having the coverage for any other times. They never give up. FSP on the other hand has dissapointed us. We were told that FSP would be a test for us and whether as a server we are ready for Tier1 or not. As of Tuesday it seems that NuG has given up and decided not to fight anymore. Shame as we have had very large and epic battles against NuG. Hope yu return to your glory soon for future battles.

5. Future of RUIN and Desolation
People assume ruin will leave when we hit Tier 1 or when we have our first loss. This simply is not true. We have actively invested hours of time into recruiting more guilds to this server. Today we have received a contingent of Russians officially over 450 strong. Desolation is now considered a 24/7 covered server. We can now hold our own against any FR server that tries to bring 24/7 coverage against us. We see many US guilds also coming to EU brackets in the near future and welcome the challenge and opposition. We believe in fostering a healthy bracket of continuous fighting and we believe the EU bracket is the place for this.

RUIN is extremely happy to be here and we are not going anywhere. We did not come here looking for easy wins, we came here looking for the best competition.

We are coming for you France!! We plan to RUIN your good time in Tier 1 and bring DESOLATION to your lands!!

PS – We recognize and welcome all other countries in our conquest of the French. not just UK,USA

Attachments:

Quarian – Officer/Diplomat – RUIN
80 – Elementalist
(EU) Desolation

(edited by Quarion.2538)

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

Well well, I am really curious how things will unfold lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Panto.1390

Panto.1390

Typical american self-righteous behavior. Get lost.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

LoR recruiting

Talk to Gray Hatheon ingame

much love

Juggernauts

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

We will see Desolations true strength in the coming weeks. I hope we can hold our own and put some hurt on the french.

Been on Desolation since day 1, and i have a pickle with the frenchies!

Ruin have not yet met the power of the Hive mind french and it will be a real challenge!

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Bobbi.6801

Bobbi.6801

I would just like to say that i love Desolation people, and RUIN. Had some really really challenging and great fights against them. And i really respect all of them after seeing their skill and tactic.

I see alot of people crapping over deso server and ruin because of nightcapping, but please don’t. They just did what they had to do to compete!

It’s Arenanets fault for giving all players this nightcapping headache, and it shouldn’t be tolerated really. If it was intended, at least don’t have any “EU or US” servers, but make all server international so every server got people from all continents.

FS is also looking for people to join us so we can become a nightcapping server. And this is good. We are also trying to survive and do what we have to. but again, Anet shouldn’t tell us we HAVE to balance out all EU servers with US too (50-50) to be able to compete in EU server brackets! Can anyone see the logic??

Anyway, my points was just font listen to the people calling you out for “cheating”. I agree its extremely unfair for us, and it gives you a huuuge advantage. and i’m starting to loose my interest in WvW because of it. But most of us know we just have to get Mericans too.. its the reality.

And to RUIN: please don’t bash FS. You do see we have litteraly no one in WvW the entire night, and wake up to not only EB, but also ALL bordelands 100% in your control? That’s not because we lack skill, is it? We are good at daytime. but its limits to how much uphill back-capping we can do with such a huge lead. People don’t even bother going to WvW anymore until late afternoon because no one cares to join a map 100% conquered by the enemy server.. Atleast with vizuna sqaure we still had some keeps since they didnt have morning cappers. :/

The reason you see us falling so behind at prime time now compared to this weekend is simply that people don’t bother anymore. At least that’s my impression after talking to alot of WvW people in our server. we have been fighting bravely and optimistic against nightcapping servers for weeks, and its getting stupid.

Im from FS btw.

AMD FX-8350 @5Ghz |Radeon HD 7970GHZedition|16gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram|OCZ agility 3 120gb|Gigabyte UD3

(edited by Bobbi.6801)

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

And to RUIN: please don’t bash FS. You do see we have litteraly no one in WvW the entire night, and wake up to not only EB, but also ALL bordelands 100% in your control? That’s not because we lack skill, is it? We are good at daytime. but its limits to how much uphill back-capping we can do with such a huge lead. People don’t even bother going to WvW anymore until late afternoon because no one cares to join a map 100% conquered by the enemy server.. Atleast with vizuna sqaure we still had some keeps since they didnt have morning cappers. :/

The reason you see us falling so behind at prime time now compared to this weekend is simply that people don’t bother anymore. At least that’s my impression after talking to alot of WvW people in our server. we have been fighting bravely and optimistic against nightcapping servers for weeks, and its getting stupid.

Im from FS btw.

Ruin isn’t bashing FS, we are just forming our own observations of the fighting we are getting at night. To use this weeks battle to compare, even though we may end up owning everything at a certain point at night we will still be dealing with a Kodash zerg that borderland hops, attacking towers, supply camps and anything possible to get point gain. We would love to see FS doing the same thing, which would actually force us to split our forces and most likely would lose some ground. But FS doesn’t so it basically becomes 1v1 which we are able to deal with by counter zerging.

Again, from what we were told Far Shiverpeaks was the server to beat in this tier and we’ve just been a bit disappointed by the turn-outs we are getting from them at night.

tl:dr We aren’t bashing FS, we want them to get better.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Tbh, I think we just got them at their morale low point. Desolation went through the same phase 3 weeks ago, after badly losing 2 matches in a row and realizing we simply didn’t stand a chance against 24/7 coverage.

I look forward to getting at least 3 EU servers with around the clock population; the fights will be epic. The fact remains though that this “solution” is player-based and leaves most of the servers in the dust, and for the game as a whole, this situation is just unacceptable.

in WvW

Sird.4536

FS were the server to beat in this tier, everything you heard about us before hand was true and I think any server we faced would agree.. On Saturday we showed what we could do by almost dominating WvW, Sunday we did a good job during the afternoon and prime time and felt we gave a good account of ourselves. However waking up on Monday with literally everything blue sapped our energy away. Having said that I thought we did well from Monday till now almost controlling our home borderland for most parts. It’s a shame we couldn’t do that across the other BL and EB. Guilds and pugs morale are pretty low, we could only compete in one BL (not because we suck but because people are asking why bother).

FS have been ‘night capped’ for what seems like forever. But not to this extent. Against VS we could hold a few structures overnight and allow the day crew to claw back the points. Same thing when we faced ER and VS. against Deso though we can’t because of the huge numbers one guild can put out.

VS night crew were about 40 per map, maybe same with ER. Deso have 40 per tower (exaggeration obvs, but hope you get my picture). Basically Deso outnumber both VS and ER night crews.

And if your expecting more competition in T1 then you might be in for a shock. ER were only able to put out a night crew because they had vacations and players literally didn’t sleep. Now that vacations are over and the fact they must be exhausted, numbers will be low. VS numbers were never high anyway, it seemed like they had a good night crew because the servers they went up against didn’t have any. Never faced AS but seems to me the French Canadian guild they have are just checking out EU WvW and could go back to NA anytime.

Don’t judge FS on this match up because this is not a true representation of us. If other servers were honest for a few minutes they will tell you how much of a threat we could be or once were. But waking up only to have to start over again has drained us in a way that even surprised me.

Anyway I’m at 230 costume brawl wins and still have not maxed this achievement out, so annoying.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

FS were the server to beat in this tier, everything you heard about us before hand was true and I think any server we faced would agree.. On Saturday we showed what we could do by almost dominating WvW, Sunday we did a good job during the afternoon and prime time and felt we gave a good account of ourselves. However waking up on Monday with literally everything blue sapped our energy away.

I think the first part is linked to the second. With 24/7 fights, sustainability of both population and leadership on all 4 maps is required.

You exerted yourselves too much on Saturday as a reaction to our extremely strong Friday night rush (which was a mistake in itself as it left us too weak at the start of the weekend), managed to hold on Sunday but ended up completely exhausted. It wouldn’t have made a difference to the final outcome due to your lack of presence during the night but it did end up compounding the problem.

Simple truth of the matter is no server I’ve seen so far can achieve true 24/7 coverage on all 4 maps at the same time, so focusing all the effort (and the leadership) at one specific point in time is going to make you lose horribly down the line.

in WvW

Sird.4536

Well I would disagree, the thing is we always do well on Saturday because people don’t need to do anything on Sundays. Sundays we do well for 3/4 of the day but because people have stuff to do on Mondays we have a huge drop off thereafter. There have been many a time when we would have the lead against VS over the weekend and then lose during the matchup during the week. This isn’t because we used everything to early but because its the weekend, people have more time.

I’m also not saying we sucked during the week, it’s just we could not keep the performance going all day because people need to get up the next day. Our day time forces kept us competing in T1 till we eventually fell.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: onion.4213

onion.4213

Im from FS btw.

Ruin isn’t bashing FS, we are just forming our own observations of the fighting we are getting at night. To use this weeks battle to compare, even though we may end up owning everything at a certain point at night we will still be dealing with a Kodash zerg that borderland hops, attacking towers, supply camps and anything possible to get point gain. We would love to see FS doing the same thing, which would actually force us to split our forces and most likely would lose some ground. But FS doesn’t so it basically becomes 1v1 which we are able to deal with by counter zerging.

Again, from what we were told Far Shiverpeaks was the server to beat in this tier and we’ve just been a bit disappointed by the turn-outs we are getting from them at night.

I’m curios, what the hell were you expecting? It’s common knowledge that we have no night cover and here you are looking down your nose at us and saying how disapointed you are with the fights you get at night. Hello? We have no night crew, if we did we would be having this conversation. I’m not sure if you are trolling but your ham fisted attempt at being condescending smells of troll to me.

Jonni Braavo 80 Ranger—-Ben Braavo 80 Guardian.
[MM] Midnight Mayhem-Gunner’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Narai.8079

Narai.8079

I got to admit though, it is pretty funny to start a post where you are calling people arrogant while claiming that the other server only beat you because people were going easy on them….

Haha, yeah. In my defense: I didn’t make that up, it’s what they told us. And having experienced some ridiculous deaths by 50 invisible enemies I tend to believe that
I remember one time, when we defended Shadaran against desolation in the outer ring and they just ran past you guys to the northern inner gate and sneaked it! We never even saw that until it was to late

Desolation does have an incredible fighting spirit and you do deserve to be in T1. I guess it’s just the fact that many seem to forget that without RUIN they would have it as hard as we have.

Thank you for all the praise regarding our dedication. Our night shift does a good job of securing some points for us even against all odds.
Most of us see the week as some kind of training for tactical play. Halloween does get in the way of that, though.

Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

I’m curios, what the hell were you expecting? It’s common knowledge that we have no night cover and here you are looking down your nose at us and saying how disapointed you are with the fights you get at night. Hello? We have no night crew, if we did we would be having this conversation. I’m not sure if you are trolling but your ham fisted attempt at being condescending smells of troll to me.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that Kodash has a tonne of night coverage either but it doesn’t stop their night time players from joining the maps, forming up a groups and attacking our camps and towers, heck they even got some keeps a few times. Contrary to popular belief, no servers are completely dead at night, you don’t ever see a server going down to low pop, there’s always people playing even at night.

The difference is that kodash still has i guess the best word I can think of is tenacity. In other tiers too we saw this with servers like Blacktide. Is it too much to expect that the tier 1 server that was coming down to tier 2 would be like the same? Especially the server that supposedly has the one of the larger english speaking populations. I think it was a fair expectation.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Well… it is just because we do not need a lot of people, since the american zergs are incredible unorganized and weak to sneak-attacks. It’s like 50 people standing in front of our Spawn not noticing that they get attacked at some of their castles.

We fought against many servers at night and Desolation now has the largest numbers with the worst organization.

We fought against Riverside in the first week-match which was a total disaster, since they outnumbered us greatly and had good tactics.

We fought about Elona the next week who fought with dedication and first started Battleground-Hoping to stretch their numbers. We battled Elona again a week later, with literally no resistance from our side, since it isn’t worth investing a lot of time just to lose twice, although we got the matchup even at primetime (so we hat about 250 Points for 4hours and 0 the rest of the day). After that we got SFR and Desolation, and although we stand good chances because we have numbers at night from Saturday to Monday (since most people stay awake a lot longer from Sunday to Monday) we lost since than, but it wasn’t that bad, after RUIN joined we basically stoped fighting back.

And the reason why FS isn’t fighting back is because they do this for about… 6 Weeks? And if I remember right we were about 10 people deffing our last keep, and most of this people that were in TS need to go to work the next day. You just can’t stop sleeping for 6 Weeks.

And I find it fun that the argument for RUIN joining europe servers is CaSU… if they would have done real research, they should have noticed, that hebrew isn’t a common language in canada… or do they really believe that 500 canadian jews play on Vizunah O.o

So if I look at your points:

“a.EU servers did not give up until the match was over. They were fighting even though losing right up until the last minute before reset.”

Yeah clearly seeing this. With no queues at all and most our people left WvW, we just try some new tactics to perform during the next week, this is what we normally do, but we got around 70 points or so at 5pm, which is hilarious, but I can’t blame anyone.

“b.Pubbies (pugs in US) were very willing to listen to direction, donate to war funds for upgrades, and generally for 10 times better than any US pug. They understood general tactics and would implement them without even being asked.”

Not sure about that, but at least germans think that most americans are fat and stupid. So nice to hear that americans at least feel the later about themself.

“We have been informed of an organization called CaSu that are mostly French Canadian. Alot of players on the EU servers fear CaSu.”

So you really based your transfer upon the guild that does not even exist. You know that CaSu is just a joke, but I seem to forget about the point before, strange that everybody sees the canadian flag, but nobody notices that they do not speak french…

Actually I was informed that a large group of german WWII-criminals that fled to south america play on Elona O.o pretty good information.

“People assume ruin will leave when we hit Tier 1 or when we have our first loss. This simply is not true. We have actively invested hours of time into recruiting more guilds to this server. Today we have received a contingent of Russians officially over 450 strong. Desolation is now considered a 24/7 covered server. We can now hold our own against any FR server that tries to bring 24/7”

Yeah… sad to smash your ideas here… but I do not think what you expect of Vizunah, Elona and Arborstone. I played against Elona and their nightpresence isn’t even twice as strong as ours. And they defeated Arborstone and Vizunah.

“RUIN is extremely happy to be here and we are not going anywhere. We did not come here looking for easy wins, we came here looking for the best competition.”

Yeah, nice for you, but our community pretty much hates you for that, because you actually created a trend that leaves the german servers behind in a not acceptable way. 3 of the largest europe servers are german servers with only one being competitive. And even some of the smaller german servers are at least listed as full (or were, a lot of germans already stopped playing because of WvW… or at least they say so).

in WvW

Syntax.9602

And there are already those clever people that say we should switch server. Do you really expect all the 7 WvW-Communities of the german servers to switch over to english servers? This would totally destroy queue-times during european primetime and is just not possible. Exspecially if you count the french servers too, that are also quite limited in regards to timezones.

The tendency of americans and whatever joining european servers created a situation where you do not want to get points, because otherwise you would go into a bracket without any chance to achieve something, which isn’t fun. The european brackets are already split into the Top3 which are quite strong and everything below which is no real competition.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/4
It looks like this if our server is in Bracket 4, which is totally inacceptible, because we controlled most of the map for… well most of the day and while this might be fun for americans, we totally dislike this. But since we could either have this or the same the other way around we prefer the first.

And our night-time players, although not much play because Desolation has only badgehungry players online at this time. It should be clear that we do not get keeps at night by fighting. We just sneak in, because nobody is on guard at this keeps, because they all camp both spawns. They even beat on people while they are invulnerable, which does not even make sense, because they get killed by the spawn-guards.

The real problem is that we need a lot of money for this. Getting a keep costs two rams, which are 12 silver, since you can’t capture the keep with a lot of people you won’t get much gold from the events. But you also can’t make kills (well sometimes this works nice, but later if the numbers go down it’s not possible). But literally all you do is totally pointless. If you get a keep you need to get it at a time that makes recapture within the next score-phase impossible, which is really hard. If you get even scores on primetime it is pointless, because although the majority of our players do play at this time, the only create a minority of points, so even if we would manage to get a small lead in the evening which is hard enough against normally opponents with more orbs and upgraded keeps it would not even matter.

Actually the hardest thing is to achieve about +300 in primetime (if all 3 Servers are actually full, which isn’t the case always), but yet the only thing that matters is getting +700 at night, which is totally frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

If you look at the scores

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

It seems Arborstone is dominating and Viz is falling apart.
It’ll be nice to see tier 1 and get back at the french for all the long weeks we had against them! But the french hive mind is strong! and will be a lot of fun!

I doubt they will be able to stand against the ever ongoing onslaught of Desolation! :o

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

@Sylosi: Uneven population between two High servers during the day is no ones fault but the players. Both are euro servers, one just happens to be lazy during the day.

Both have the same starting point. Most of us on FSP (except 1 guild) are close to the same timezone, just like all US players are roughly on the same timezone. It all just comes down to motivation. There are enough active people on both servers during the day to get even numbers in WvW if the interest was there on deso.

Recruiting outsiders to cover a timezone that is rarely an issue except vs a server or two is not the same deal. Sure its a smart move, but it doesnt make you better during the day. FSP have been in T1 since release, we havent been battling Deso for weeks… I wonder why thats the case.

We’ve had to put up with ALOT of nightcapping the past few weeks and now again vs you.

I just wish you the best against the frenchies, otherwise I guess ruins next home is V-square? :O

@MajorKong: Yes because landmass is the same as population these days.

700+ mil europeans, 100mil of those are russians, that leaves 45mil non-euro russians.

There are enough european gamers to level the playing field and then some.

On a sidenote. England has close to 2x the combined population of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Belgium. The other 5 “big” nations on FSP. Actually not sure if there are many Fins on FSP, think most are actually on SFR.

But you see, its just numbers. We dont know any of the true numbers per server, or how many are actually active. All we know is there are more than 1 guild of Ruin under several different ruin tags. What we also know if desos preformance pre-ruin, which speaks for itself.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Well Vizunah and Arborstone totally hate each other. If you are able to understand a bit of french just read their forum. Arborstone has a bit of canadian help (Armata isn’t that large should be about 30 people), but Vizunah does not even have strong primetime-presence, since most good guilds left because of long queues.

Germany and France will have holidays next week (and the french should have holidays until mid november, so one week more). Germany has holidays now (for most states).

in WvW

Posted by: Denis.9286

Denis.9286

I visited the Webpage of RUIN Gaming and it looks like its a big US Gaming community.
At night the European Servers max. have 30-40 gamers online to fight against each other – and now ruin joins an EU server with an different timezone and thinks they are pro gamers?

Thats the goal of a big gaming community? Play 8hours a day PvDoor on empty maps? That really needs skill guys!
In EU its 02:35 oclock and look at the map in the attachments….

RUIN Gaming thats really a shame what your doing to european Servers….

Attachments:

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Yeah, we asked Anet what we should do in this situation, and they gave us a permanent Orb as present :P isn’t helping much though (at least the map looks a bit red with the orb^^).

in WvW

Posted by: EcioMulticore.2967

EcioMulticore.2967

Ruin shame on you! i think you all would play good pvp but why can only 8 man from VII (Kodasch) sneak and claim a fortress who stand over 40+ Ruin players on the front of the fortress and the funniest think is he would use the teleport to come inside and he cant :< it was the false color :/ feels bad bros

ps: sorry for my very bad english
I Luv Ruin its the unskilled guild i ever seen

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

4 haw long we have a two separate league in www EU and NA then guilds like "Ruin Gaming " will be exploited a free server transfer between NA and EU to “Ruin” fair competition on EU matches … I see only 2 solutions to save a www,
1st Access to www should be dependent from region where U register – bought a Game ( If U have EU account so U can play on www only on EU servers and vice versa )
or
2nd split together EU and NA www leagues in one Global WWW league so every one have fair access to all severs ( but then we will destroy all non English speaking community’s ) …
Current situation is at the moment sick…
Goodnight from … ( Far Shiverpeaks – Aberdeen Scotland )

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

FS you had one good day, saturday, would not go as far as to say you domated but yeh you won that day hands down. Was on your borderland tonight, some nice fights for garrison, which we managed to hold all evening. Strange thing is there was not one RUIN player defending, a miracle we managed to hold.

Kodash congratualtions you capped a keep under the noses of RUIN, impressive stuff. Obviously even in prime time when Deso beats you down it has nothing to do with skill. Oh and yeh thanks for handing us the win two weeks ago, obviously our efforts meant nothing.

I hope our next match up provides different opposition who hopefully won’t be inclined to moan about the opposition as much as you guys. gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Denis.9286

hey offski – we havent complained about last week – you won and that was fair.
You are good in primetime – but far shiverpeaks and Kodash are also okay in Primetime.

But check the points at night – is it skill that an american guild dominates all (european) night long? Desolation is really good server but its a shame for RUIN that they destroy the european matchups…

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Posted by: Alomar.7136

Alomar.7136

All this flaming is pathetic and will only lead to threads being locked and your posts being deleted. Stop embarrassing yourselves, your guilds, and your servers so stay on topic.

Really dissapointed with the competition in t2, t3 was such a great never-ending week long fight. You guys could learn from Blacktide and leave your defeatist attitudes at home.

See ya on the field

Alomar – 80 Warrior
Kurudin – 80 Guardian
-RUIN-

in WvW

Denis.9286

Really nice Alomar – its 03:39 in european timezone – what time is it in the US? you`re back from school since 3hours?

Dont you understand thats really lame to join european servers to rock their maps when most of them sleep at night?

Yeah some servers have nightcrews but only a frew people staying up at night – we cant handle such a huge amount of oversea players.

How much Kodash and FS people you are fighting against at the moment? 10? Your running behind us capping some supply camps.
Thats really fun isnt it? Its a shame you dont want to realize that! American way of life?

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz