10/19 Desolation vs Far Shiverpeaks vs Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Quarion.2538

Quarion.2538

Since everyones talking about RUIN PvDooring I figured I would post a pic of how we do it RUIN style!

Attachments:

Quarian – Officer/Diplomat – RUIN
80 – Elementalist
(EU) Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Denis.9286

Denis.9286

funny to see that you really think you rock on european servers ;-)
There arent more than 20 players online on FS and Kodash TOGETHER

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Posted by: Celes.9726

Celes.9726

FS you had one good day, saturday, would not go as far as to say you domated but yeh you won that day hands down. Was on your borderland tonight, some nice fights for garrison, which we managed to hold all evening. Strange thing is there was not one RUIN player defending, a miracle we managed to hold.

Kodash congratualtions you capped a keep under the noses of RUIN, impressive stuff. Obviously even in prime time when Deso beats you down it has nothing to do with skill. Oh and yeh thanks for handing us the win two weeks ago, obviously our efforts meant nothing.

I hope our next match up provides different opposition who hopefully won’t be inclined to moan about the opposition as much as you guys. gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Please, Deso wasnt beating anybody down during primetime when FS and Kodash still cared. Now we’ve basically called it a day for this week (due to the issues that have been discussed to death in this thread). It’s quite obvious when you’re getting the outmanned buff at 8pm central european time on 3 out of 4 maps.

Also i dont quite get how you Ruin guys can be so proud of your “accomplishments” here. You’re part of a 2000man zerg guild, in most other games you’d be called a horde of zerglings heh. But yeah,i guess thats what Wvw comes down to in the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Quite annoying that I was on Desolation and transferred to FSP to play with friends from swtor, but they all left and went back to that game when they realised that wvw was pointless against servers that had US/Canadian guilds that zerged during the night.

I’m now the gm of an empty guild, considering my options.

in WvW

Posted by: Alomar.7136

Alomar.7136

“Really nice Alomar – its 03:39 in european timezone – what time is it in the US? you`re back from school since 3hours?

Dont you understand thats really lame to join european servers to rock their maps when most of them sleep at night?

Yeah some servers have nightcrews but only a frew people staying up at night – we cant handle such a huge amount of oversea players.

How much Kodash and FS people you are fighting against at the moment? 10? Your running behind us capping some supply camps.
Thats really fun isnt it? Its a shame you dont want to realize that! American way of life?”

Personal attacks only serves to reflect my point further mate. Your childish behavior centered around a video game definatly deserves looking into.

Been great fights in EB during the day from Kodash these past few week-days, thanks to those who showed up and kept with it for the duration of the match.

Alomar – 80 Warrior
Kurudin – 80 Guardian
-RUIN-

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

@Alomar.7136
U missing a point Ur guild like others NA-register players shouldn’t have a access to EU www matches & vice versa. We don’t have at the moment a fair match just a exploit free transfer between EU & NA servers.

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

Farshiverpeaks is the number 1 complain server when they lose, can’t wait for them to meet blacktide and go down to tier 3 and then complain some more.

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Airyll.7849

Airyll.7849

Guys, let’s just all be a bit chill about this.
First and foremost, I’m on FS before anybody asks. Now then, as for my opinion…

I don’t have a problem with people capturing points in the night while other people sleep, on the provision they too are from EU servers in EU timezones. This is where the really, really big difference is made for me.

You see, I wouldn’t have a single problem if this complete surge in Desolation takeover across all maps was made by an entirely EU force on their server that they had worked hard to gather up, co-ordinate and use effectively. I really wouldn’t. Night-capping, for the record, is not cheap or the “loser’s way to winning” if they can’t do it some other way nor is it something that means a server deserves to get complete hate and nothing else.

It’s actually a very valid tactic in terms of warfare.

However, the problem isn’t that people are night-capping. The FS and Kodash people complaining about this are complaining about it for the wrong reasons, from what I have seen. The issue isn’t that Desolation is capturing everything at night.

The issue is that Desolation is capturing everything at night with the help of a largely American team - meaning that effectively it’s a second span of “prime time” for Desolation. Even if FS was to gather a purely European night force instead of an American one, we’d still be at a disadvantage because of the timezones and the number and volume of people that could be rallied for a night force.

That’s where my only problem is. Not that they are night-capping, because that’s something totally valid, but that it is Americans night-capping in place of Europeans, creating a second primetime for Desolation that any other EU server could never properly compete with without reaching out to Americans on NA servers and saying “Look, hey man, we need your help to get back into the higher tiers because we’re getting constantly nightcapped.”

I’m playing on a European server, last I checked.
I, nor anybody else, should have to reach out and ask people not native to the server region to join us specifically to help us in WvW. I’m given this impression by ArenaNet themselves, who split the servers into “NA” and “EU” (and then furthermore into language specific servers here and there.) I understand this split is more to do with latency than it is to do with WvW, but it still leaves me with a feeling that ANet was trying to achieve American communities on one side, EU ones on the other, specifically to avoid this issue in WvW.

Again:
- Nightcapping is not bad, cheap, or anything else. Please stop bashing it, whatever server you are from, because it is not the actual problem that we’re seeing here.
- I am not bashing Desolation on the tactics used, nor am I saying that RUIN is being underhanded or intentionally unfair.
- I am, however, saying that I feel the problem lies in the timezones, not the actions. Let’s play pretend and say that FS or Kodash or any EU server could muster an EU force to guard and cap throughout the night: it would still be significantly smaller than the force Desolation will muster from their American players.

This leaves people especially bitter because the game is split into NA and EU sub-groups, which emphasizes a level of disconnection between the two even if ArenaNet have made no official statement that this was their intention.

Do I think that Americans should be banned from EU servers? No, I have friends from America playing on my server and I would miss them.
That said, do I think they should have access to EU WvW? No, I don’t think that they should.

(This problem could be rectified if ANet stopped pooping out Halloween updates and worked on server guesting. Then I could go guesting on my friends servers, or vice versa, without any of us interfering in WvW in such a predominantly negative way.)

(edited by Airyll.7849)

in WvW

Posted by: Alicedee.1279

Alicedee.1279

may be some ruin players could post some youtube videos of zerging down npcs?
show the world how amazing you are…

in WvW

Posted by: Zumazen.6742

Zumazen.6742

Anet is not going to change night capping, or any thing silly like not allowing NA players to play WvW on a EU server. Top tier NA servers need 24/7 coverage and have needed it for weeks now to remain in the top tier. Top tier EU will need 24/7 coverage, those that don’t will drop to lower tiers and if you just want good fights, you should get them as servers fall to their proper tier. EU servers will need to adapt if they want to be a “top” tier server.

Ruin

in WvW

Posted by: Airyll.7849

Airyll.7849

No, they probably aren’t, which is the sad thing because members of their team worked really hard to try and make WvW engaging.

However, the fact is that when an EU server needs - as an absolute requirement for their WvW success – an American group of players, then something is fundamentally broken and out of balance. Why is this imbalance caused? Because WvW is not segregated into EU and NA, meaning those timezones are able to mix.

Again, my issue isn’t nightcapping.

My issue is requiring Americans to play on your EU server so they can run night shift while you sleep. When a server needs players to migrate from NA servers to there own to stay competitive then their is an issue with balance that needs to be absolutely addressed, and it is a shame that ANet probably will not address it in a way that fixes the issue because to do it properly, you do have to realistically restrict players from one moving to a server of the other.

(Could you imagine if all the Americans stayed and had competitive WvW on their servers, while all the Europeans stayed and had competitive WvW on theirs? Good lord, they might actually get competitive WvW in their own country-based servers! There wouldn’t also be this issue. Fancy that! /sarcasm)

On that note, mass migration of NA players onto EU servers would cause interesting population imbalances on some of the NA servers also, which will probably do ArenaNet more bad than good depending.

“Come play WvW on our game! Unless you’re wanting to join an American server, in which case maybe don’t because all the EU ones are full when other Americans joined them….”

Try sticking that into an advert for GW2 and seeing if it sells any copies of the game.

(edited by Airyll.7849)

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

Some people in this thread need to grow up and stop the whining/hate about ruin. It has been obvious for some time that to be at the top of the table a server will need 24/7 coverage, and fighting other servers who want to be top of the table will mean 24/7 fighting, no pvdoor.

Also, sat, when FS was dominating, we had outmanned buff on at least 2 of the 4 maps, des has had a lot of glory transfers this week I think, seeing a lot of friendly tags I’ve never seen before during the day.

Bottom line, if you’re going to hate anyone for the state of wvw, hate arenanet, they a. made a system that requires 24/7 coverage and b. have allowed free transfers to go on for far too long.

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

First I would like to thank Iron and some Shiverpeak Guilds for some quality fights and Ruin for about 70% of the badges i ve collected this week. We have learned alot about tactics against some good Guilds and i honestly don t believe Kodash belongs into the 2nd tier since most randoms refuse to join it s TS and the Communit is quite split by several guilds.

Ruin beeing here on the the European servers for the challenge and the fighting spirit is about the most ridiculous i ve read on this forums. I can tell you how this works after primetime. Shieverpeak is normally the first Server to drop in population, I asume because they have a good amount of Players from eastern Europe or Russia. Their empting Keeps are taken by desolation , while we defend our towers and keeps. Then after wiping 2 or 3 times in front of our walls, suddenly the almighty Ruin Zerg disapears. Leaves us quite happy to finaly be able to restock some supplies and get some siege weapons back up, while on the other maps 1 after the other tower falls into desolations hands.
Around 2 hours later about 3 or 4 am european time the Ruin Zerg, looking for the promised challenge comes back with overwhealming odds to rush keeps and towers after most of our players have logged of. I honestly don t understand why do you need to zerg empty keeps, atleast split up and get the map cleared faster. Or is it just the Karma you re after?

frankly you can say all you want. That you were the ONLY ones fighting a loosing battles on american servers or that the spirit is low and whatever storys you have made up to keep some selfesteem. We know that you couldn t handle the competition in america and that your server was probably loosing because your Ruin Members were taking precious spots on the map. No German or French Server will be able to field the numbers you have during european night time and I wish you alot of fun during your Karma trains. Just make me a favor and stay in desolation for good and don t come up with cheap excuses when you transfer out that the queue was too long.
Kind regards

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

FS you had one good day, saturday, would not go as far as to say you domated but yeh you won that day hands down.

Wasnt that saterday the day that no one but FS could get into Far Shiverpeak borderlands and they essentially got the whole map for free due to the loadingscreen bug?

in WvW

Posted by: Sharli.5290

Sharli.5290

I think this thread is a classic snapshot of the internet in full flow. So many people complaining and trying to state their broken opinions as facts.

I’m in Ruin and I live in Dubai. A lot the people I play with in Ruin from approximately 1pm GMT are not American. There is a mixture of nationalities playing. We are playing through the EU prime time and still maintaining a healthy + points lead despite it obviously dropping from what happens over night. To do this is not easy and requires a lot of effort from everyone whether in Ruin or in our fellow guilds.

The militia guys on our server are doing a great job working with us along with our new guild allies and you can see the server is developing a good fighting spirit alongside some good tactics.

All this nonsense about Ruin being a zerg guild is just plain wrong. If you knew how much effort and coordination goes on in what we’re doing people should not say that. It’s just a lazy insult perpetuated from other people’s hearsay and warped perceptions.

Anyway, I salute all the skillful opponents we’ve faced the past two weeks but to those people whining and complaining, which is simply sour grapes, you deserve everything you get. Remember this is PvP and not a game of croquet so man-up, stop complaining on here and keep fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Grischu.3869

Grischu.3869

I think, if american guilds can’t be sucessfull on their servers, they transfer to european servers. Against Doors it is easier.

Grischu – Wächter 80 / Ertiki – Necromancer 80 / Risana Mortis – Messmer 80
Good old Days [GD] Elona

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

I think, if FSP guilds can’t be successful in WvW, they go the forums. You can’t die in the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Manta.7962

Manta.7962

I don’t like pointing the finger like this, but I don’t understand how this can happen in any other way.

We’re getting players getting into towers that still have their doors and walls up. “Mesmers” you all say, but this is happening on towers we’ve somehow kept for hours, and towers have no hidey holes like a garrison or a keep would have. I’ve seen this happen in sunnyhill (They just trash all of the defensive stuff) and I’ve heard other players saying it’s not the only time.

If there is some hack or exploit going on here, then suddenly the arguments against nightcappers becomes one against exploiters, and it would explain why Desolation seem to always have all three orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

I have nothing against guild “Ruin” or they members they only show haw destructive can be massive import NA-register players to EU WWW tournament ) , rather against A-net for unfinished system of www tournaments. If we have at the moment 2 tournaments EU and NA so in my opinion result of competition Europeans server should be dependent from activity EU- register players not from imported NA- register players. In Europe we have a lot great national ( like Germans or French ) and internationals ( like Far Shiverpeaks ) communities – servers, like U can notice non all of them are English speaking servers so allowing import to EU www competition players with NA- register accounts will destroy identity this servers and unbalancing world WWW in Europe. Looking for 24/h coverage on Ur’s server cant be explanation for exploiting free server transfer and un-perfect WWW system ( this is a difference between fair play and dirty tactic ) There is IMO only 2 ways to sorted this sick situation – completely separation EU and NA www ( not allowing players from different region to access to www world ) or join them in one global www competition – but then wee will risk a destruction of non English speaking www community’s – servers

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

I don’t like pointing the finger like this, but I don’t understand how this can happen in any other way.

We’re getting players getting into towers that still have their doors and walls up. “Mesmers” you all say, but this is happening on towers we’ve somehow kept for hours, and towers have no hidey holes like a garrison or a keep would have. I’ve seen this happen in sunnyhill (They just trash all of the defensive stuff) and I’ve heard other players saying it’s not the only time.

If there is some hack or exploit going on here, then suddenly the arguments against nightcappers becomes one against exploiters, and it would explain why Desolation seem to always have all three orbs.

You should be very cautious with accusations like that.

We report exploiters straight away as soon as we see them. I actually saw a Deso player exploit a few days back. He was inside a keep we were taking before we had the gates down. It didn’t even make a difference, because there was no opposition and we took it (breaking both gates down) anyway, but we still reported the player straight away.

If you see such things please try to get screenshots or even better videos of the players, so we can try to find out who they are and report them properly.

Concerning the orbs we have them because they haven’t been taken of us. I’m not sure if we even lost an orb at any point (because I sadly have to work), but I’m pretty sure there would be screenshots and videos if any orb was hacked in the last couple of days… (we will always take any orb at night anyways because we do not have opposition then… thats just how the game works right now)

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Manta.7962

Manta.7962

I don’t make them lightly. Coming from admining a TF2 server and also being on the receiving end of undeserved kicks from servers for hacking when I was just playing well I know that 90% of the claims of hacks come from ignorance than anything else. So if you know of any other way of players legitimately getting into towers (at least, not with hacks), perhaps through jumping on a badly designed bit of the area or whatever, then do tell me. I’d sleep better knowing that it’s people taking advantage of game mechanics rather than ripping the game open.

in WvW

Posted by: Vukanigia.5496

Vukanigia.5496

Solution is to merge NA and EU groups.

Skeletal, can you be more serious and constructive in you posts in the future plz?

I’m sorry that we have so much bad blood here on this forums, after all with free transfers and server imbalance most of you will probably be on the same realm in the future. I will stay on Far Shiverpeaks with my guild for sure.

Now i see that maybe i pull a bad move when i decide to move my guild from WvW at Sunday after i log and saw the entire map conquered by Desolation. It was fun at Saturday on Eternal and to be honest i miss the WvW activity from my guild.

I admit i was frustrated that after 14h raid and full upgraded SM and towers we left at 03:00 and when i come back around 09h at the same day i found nothing left, i crashed… Now i’m ashamed i left my server like that and for sure it won’t happen again, i apologize to people from Far Shiverpeaks.

(edited by Vukanigia.5496)

in WvW

Posted by: Ral.5326

Ral.5326

We report exploiters straight away as soon as we see them. I actually saw a Deso player exploit a few days back. He was inside a keep we were taking before we had the gates down. It didn’t even make a difference, because there was no opposition and we took it (breaking both gates down) anyway, but we still reported the player straight away.

If you see such things please try to get screenshots or even better videos of the players, so we can try to find out who they are and report them properly.

Concerning the orbs we have them because they haven’t been taken of us. I’m not sure if we even lost an orb at any point (because I sadly have to work), but I’m pretty sure there would be screenshots and videos if any orb was hacked in the last couple of days… (we will always take any orb at night anyways because we do not have opposition then… thats just how the game works right now)

- Bloodsteel

You mean the two RUIN people inside Garrison on Far Shiverpeaks boderlands 30mins ago. They made a huge difference, they cleared all of our defensive siege equipment and even though we killed them they kept coming back. We are also almost certain they did the same at sunnyhill and cragtop because whenever we came back we found the siege equipment we had put there had been destroyed(this was going on inside Garrison the whole time you were attacking sunnyhill). This was going on the whole morning and the only reason you found no defence at that keep when you got there as people were so annoyed by the amount of exploiting being done they didn’t even try to defend it. So yes actually, it made a HUGE difference.

Its nice you say you reported them, i just hope it is actually true.

(edited by Ral.5326)

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

No. Read my post properly please. I said “a few days back” how the hell would I report someone when I’m at work right now…

So please read before you post. Also if you killed them that would have given you a lot of time to make screenshots and even report them yourself.

I know for a fact RUIN does not condone exploiting at all and they would definitely kick these people straight away, but they will also need proof. So please, next time take screenshots or even fraps it. I think we all hate exploiters & hackers equally, so as soon as you see one, report them and take screenshots so the guilds they are in can kick them and properly shame them. (because we all know it does take Anet a while to ban these people…)

Also, once again: Please ALLWAYS read posts properly before replying to them… It makes a HUGE difference. ;-)

- Bloodsteel

EDIT: It wouldn’t let me quote, but this is related to “Ral.5326”’s post above.

EDIT2: please also note the player I reported a few days back was NOT a RUIN member.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Modeus.7924

Modeus.7924

The top tier in the US is dominated by servers that have concentrated the Oceanic/Asian player base onto a few servers granting them 24/7 coverage.

You don’t hear the US servers complain that the Oceanic/Asian players should not be allowed on US servers. Language is not an excuse or a reason for failure. You can manage to communicate despite language barriers if you put in the effort.
Perhaps we should ask all the Oceanic/Asian players to move to the EU servers?

Separating the servers in WvW by location is a horrible idea, region locking even worse. Region locking is a marketing strategy designed to maximize profit and has nothing to do with consumers best interests and the sooner it goes away the better.

The Tiers are intended to balance servers so that you can have a fun competitive WvW experience, short term it is suffering but as seen in the US with the breakup of Henge it seems to be working. the US bracket has 3 servers that appear to be able to contend for first place. EU bracket seems a week or two behind, but more upheaval is on the way. its going to be some unbalanced games until things get sorted. Use the time to practice and improve, or go pve, but there is no benefit to whining about it.

Servers that are going for tier one will be constantly striving to improve, the first and easiest method is to ensure full BG’s 24/7. After this you will see the Zerg start to go away. Why do people Zerg now? because it works.
As servers balance out more advanced strategy of diversion,scouting, small unit tactics, etc will become more prevalent.

If as a server community you do not wish to be in tier 1 as many of you have stated by your opposition to having players from other nations on the same server, wait a week or two as your server plummets to a tier with equal competition and coverage. Enjoy the fights for what they are and ignore what rank your server is in. After all only one server can be number 1 at a time.

Wars are often won or lost in the hearts and minds of the soldiers, and it seems FS has lost the will to fight desolation.

I hope the ride down the tiers is not too painful and try to keep in mind this is a game, play to win but don’t sacrifice enjoyment.

—Modeus—

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

very good post Modeus. * clap *

- Bloodsteel

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Of course is language a barrier since on german servers only german is allowed (I actually get a warning for writing english^^), so we would obviously need americans that could speak a bit german to understand what we want to tell them.

“You don’t hear the US servers complain that the Oceanic/Asian players should not be allowed on US servers.”

The basic reason is, that all us-servers are english servers, which gives all of them the same chance to get large off-time coverage. If you allow americans in europe it is like saying “Yeah, we made a ranking for you too, but you are not meant to participate in it.”

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

“You don’t hear the US servers complain that the Oceanic/Asian players should not be allowed on US servers. Language is not an excuse or a reason for failure. You can manage to communicate despite language barriers if you put in the effort.
Perhaps we should ask all the Oceanic/Asian players to move to the EU servers?”

The difference is that Oceanic/Asians dont have their own servers, so they were forced to join either the us or european servers. They choose the us servers because of the language and maybe because of latency advantages. americans have 24 own servers but guilds like Ruin, who couldnt compete during their pritmetime decided to join a european server to fight against gates while their enemys are sleeping. The justification that they did it because of the big canadian guild on vizuna is ridiculous, because there is no big canadian guild on vizuna and there never was one.

13 of the 28 servers in europe are french/german/spanish. They have no possibility to get us guilds. even of they change the wvswvs chat into english(excluding all french/german/spanish people on this servers, who cant speak english) they still woulnt get any us guilds, because 99% of them are playing on us servers and the other 1% like Ruin would choose one of the remaining not de/fr/sp tagged servers.
Ruin was the first siginificant american guild to transfer to europe. Because of them, a 30-50 people canadian guild transfered last week to arborstone. So this stupid thing, that only 24/7 servers with overseas prensence can compete in tier 1 started because of Ruin, who couldnt compete on one of their 24 us servers.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

(edited by Scryar.2954)

in WvW

Modeus.7924

I don’t like the concept of language specific servers as it relates to WvW as yes its a detriment for the German servers to compete in coverage.
However stating that why are there official language servers in the first place? legal requirement? Courtesy to players? I’ve no idea.
There are extremely large player bases outside of the EU that speak languages other than english, and you state that they should all play on english servers in the US as opposed to say english servers in the EU? the language barriers are still there however English speakers in the EU have a much higher chance of speaking multiple languages.

I think it would have been better to have un-official language servers where players without strong english could congregate into a community without giving the handicap of not having access to the larger english speaking player base.

Look at it this way the oceanic/asian players are to US servers what north american players are to EU servers. It seems as though the top 3 servers in both brackets are going to be large multinational multilingual servers and the sooner you untwist your panties on this the sooner we can get back to the war.

War is unfair period. No the french and German servers will not last in tier 1 over the long term due to poor coverage period the end. If you are the type of player to strive to be the best then i strongly suggest moving to an english server where you can succeed.
Tier 2-3 will be just as much fun and will have great competition in EU prime which you can enjoy just as well and you can ignore tier 1 as if it didnt exist.

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Chewbiduhwa.9756

Chewbiduhwa.9756

Scryar, I completely understand but all i have to say to reply is, Why complain about something you have no power over. Yes night capping is a problem to those server but Anet made WvW 24/7 so this would always be a problem.

For me Desolation had this problem, We got lucky with RUIN and now the RUIN guys and the IRON guys and now our new friends yet to be revealed are going to tear everyone a new one

WSR Comm BBB GM
Founder of The IRON Triangle

in WvW

Syntax.9602

“Tier 2-3 will be just as much fun and will have great competition in EU prime which you can enjoy just as well and you can ignore tier 1 as if it didnt exist.”

Thats just completly wrong. We fought against Servers below, and we will drop to Tier4 because we don’t have a nightcrew, or morningcrew, or highnooncrew… or whatever.

We where matched in T4, and since we don’t really play bad (well we managed to get 270 Points yesterday without even getting our borderlands full), we totally dominate the T4-Server in our primetime. We managed to get 400+ constantly in the last week, which isn’t fun, since this servers can’t match our organization and dedication. But well, they get to T4, because they have more players at night as other servers, and they got most of their points against us during the night (well at least on of the servers).

So T4 isn’t fun because we almost own everything for the whole week (we had keeps that we haven’t even lost a single time). And in T3 we might again fight against Oversea-Crews although SFR does not have as much americans as desolation.

The only thing we could do is allying with other german servers if we are in the same bracket, since our community is quite friendly and the german servers are in good standing with each other. But this would mean, that during our primetime, we would combine efforts to trap the non-german servers at their spawn an share the map.

in WvW

Modeus.7924

“Tier 2-3 will be just as much fun and will have great competition in EU prime which you can enjoy just as well and you can ignore tier 1 as if it didnt exist.”

Thats just completly wrong. We fought against Servers below, and we will drop to Tier4 because we don’t have a nightcrew, or morningcrew, or highnooncrew… or whatever.

We where matched in T4, and since we don’t really play bad (well we managed to get 270 Points yesterday without even getting our borderlands full), we totally dominate the T4-Server in our primetime. We managed to get 400+ constantly in the last week, which isn’t fun, since this servers can’t match our organization and dedication. But well, they get to T4, because they have more players at night as other servers, and they got most of their points against us during the night (well at least on of the servers).

So T4 isn’t fun because we almost own everything for the whole week (we had keeps that we haven’t even lost a single time). And in T3 we might again fight against Oversea-Crews although SFR does not have as much americans as desolation.

The only thing we could do is allying with other german servers if we are in the same bracket, since our community is quite friendly and the german servers are in good standing with each other. But this would mean, that during our primetime, we would combine efforts to trap the non-german servers at their spawn an share the map.

Seems like valid tactics 2nd and 3rd server should beat up on the leader.

There are some serious balance issues and it is up to us the players to solve them within the constraints provided by Anet.

Players tend to migrate to winning servers to the point that WvW queues become excessive and then they tend to migrate out. right now the moves are large and its resulting in massive power swings that will take weeks for the rankings to calm down

We need an external damper to mitigate this, the best ideas so far are not allowing participation in the current match up after transfer and/or not allowing people to transfer to servers currently being fought, and increasing the move lockout from 24 hours to at least a week or a month.

I think overall that server populations in regards to WvW are stabilizing and when we look back in a few months it will be apparent. people who are WvW focused will migrated to the top tiers while the casuals probably wont pay attention to it at all or coat tail for the buffs.

Do you think if all the WvW focused players concentrated onto one of the FR/DE/ES servers that they could compete in Tier 1?

—Modeus—
—Modea Farstrider—
[RUIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Every server who play against ruin server should keep W3 completely empty at nights. Let’s see how long it takes until they quit or leave.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Every server who play against ruin server should keep W3 completely empty at nights. Let’s see how long it takes until they quit or leave.

My god. You, sir, are pathetic.

- Bloodsteel

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Denis.9286

I´m sure if RUIN comes to the T1 bracket and perhaps gets bashed by Vizunah and Elona they start to complain about queues and start transfer to an Tier 6 Server in the EU where they will win with 680+ until they will be back in Tier1 2 months later ;-)

Also a big problem is , for example on Kodash , they lose in Bracket 2 and fall down to for example Tier 4 where they dominate with 500+ ticks all day long so they get back to tier 2 where they completly get punished by nightactive servers.

I hope some of RUIN understand how frustrating this system for a lot of people is. Perhaps you left US Servers because asian nightcappers and your server giving up after 2 days – but now its the same with you in EU brackets like asians in the US bracket :/

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Posted by: Soultaken.6873

Soultaken.6873

I have to apologize up front for I am about to discuss something off topic as it seems – namely the Desolation vs Far Shiverpeaks vs Kodash action that has been going on for more than five days now but has yet to be mentioned in this topic (guess I also have to include the ‘RUIN’ magic word in the first paragraph since otherwise noone is going to pay attention to the rest):

First let me congratulate FSP for yesterday evening’s epic battles over the Garrison at their homeland. I have never before died so many times on the defense as I did then – even though it may seem that you didn’t accomplish that much I just want to mention that we were so preoccupied with your attacks that we managed to lose the fully upgraded Bluebriar (I believe that it had not left our possession for the previous 2-3 days) to Kodash and deplete Dreadful Bay’s resources from the full 1700 to 700 just to prevent the Garrison from falling. I personally thought that the Garrison is lost at least 2-3 times during the evening. Also cheers to the people who answered our call for support of the Garrison! I can’t imagine that anyone who participated in the battles remained dissatisfied regardless of the side he fought on!

My personal favorite was when we gathered for a counterattack near Sunnyhill’s trebbed wall in anticipation for our mesmer to portal us behind the defending players, but we got pushed through the ledge by some FSP players, leaving him wondering why so few of his comrades took advantage of the setup.

Overall IRON had some very challenging battles this week and I personally have the utmost respect for FSP and Kodash on the battlefield. When we lose we are not ashamed and when we win, it’s a hard earned victory paid in blood and sweat.

Also FSP should not get too depressed over this week – Halloween is taking a tall on all servers, besides even if you do drop into tier 3 in time as some people here suggested, you are going to have a significant moral boost due to outplaying the opposition by a large margin. Let’s just make the most of what remains of our time facing each other.

P.S. Don’t spend all the badges you got from me in one place

Desolation – [IRON]
The Iron Triangle
Fate Challenger – Human Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Panto.1390

Panto.1390

My god. You, sir, are pathetic.

- Bloodsteel

He’s right. Only way to stop people behaving like idiots is to let them see and feel the consequences. Anyways, it’s what will happen at the end. People will stop playing an unfair game. But RUIN will be happy, after all it makes PvD easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Someone made a very good comment – to stop all this whining one simple solution do not have NA and eu servers. Anet should of made all servers international. Then there would be no excuses.

This whole thread is going nowhere. Kodash give the opinion that they only lose in prime time because they have given up(and due to hackers).

FS have a good moan about night capping and Ruin even though they themselves were asking for north American support in a thread created 9 days ago, which was prior to this match up. Fs realised it was essential to have better coverage, so why are you so bitter when you come across a server that has managed to get that coverage?

We at Deso know from previous matches how demorilizing night capping is, but lets face facts a night crew is vital in tier one hence FS trying to recruit different time zones. Alot of fair weather players in Deso dissappeared when we were losing, like Kodash and FS are experiencing now, but a number of guilds tried to keep up the fight. Would we be where we are today without Ruin, highly unlikely, having said that we were improving and we now have the necessary coverage to take on the top French and german servers.

It’s a shame that rather than the usual compliments and friendly banter that I have seen in the past match up threads, that this thread has degenerated into bitterness and ………… towards the opposition.

Loved the fight for garrison and the two northern towers last night, non stop fighting for 4/5 hours against FS, what I love about wvw. And yes it was depressing when I put my portal down in the lords room of Sunny, turned round and saw not one person appear out of it. Well played by FS there.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by Offski.4897)

in WvW

Syntax.9602

It would suggest taking the doors with you.

And I’m still not sure what Desolation is especting from the french. Vizunah is already crying because Arborstone recruited 30 canadians… just imagine what it will be if they notice that they lose to ten times more americans. The only difference is that they whine in the french forums, so you will most likely not notice it.

But they normally just counter it by transfering to desolation to waste supplies and get their supply-achievement (which actually is a clever thing, considering that it is hurting more than actually fight at night).

in WvW

Posted by: Vukanigia.5496

Vukanigia.5496

I wish you luck in the future fights and to leave division two this week so we can have some healthy games.

I just ask from you not to spit on FS and our players as you don’t know how hard is to play under this condition. We are giving our best for several weeks now, constantly fighting the servers with 3rd shift. No matter how hard you try to minimize what we done we were always worthy opponents.

You said we whine on the forums, just stop for a second and take a deep breath, think about how do we feel in this situation and try to place in our position. Yes, people are angry and yes, people cry about night shift but we also work to improve our play style, to organize our guilds, to attract more people to join us. We don’t give up, its just not what we do and what we will do in the future.

So don’t make this harder for us then it is, don’t spam our recruiting post with trash talk about our community and language differences. Let us cover the 3rd shift for good of all WvW community in GW2.

Good luck vs French realms if you menage to get to d1.

in WvW

Denis.9286

@Soultaken.6873

Very nice post my respect to IRON – you are really good players and everybodys knows your guild here on Kodash ;-) Do you know some guilds on Kodash , some guilds that you remember because of good actions?

I already played again Desolation a few weeks ago and the matches were really fantastic – we also lost but it was really fun! But now it isnt fun anymore against 150 americans at night perhaps some people on Desolation understand the frustraiting situation on FS and Kodash.

I also have no problem when Desolation nightcapped Kodash a few weeks ago – you organised a nightcrew like Elona did in Tier 1. The only frustrating fact is that we cant handle hundres of americans against our few night players in the EU.

Nightcapping is okay when its done by people living in the same timezone – thats my opinion!

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

I wish you luck in the future fights and to leave division two this week so we can have some healthy games.

I just ask from you not to spit on FS and our players as you don’t know how hard is to play under this condition. We are giving our best for several weeks now, constantly fighting the servers with 3rd shift. No matter how hard you try to minimize what we done we were always worthy opponents.

You said we whine on the forums, just stop for a second and take a deep breath, think about how do we feel in this situation and try to place in our position. Yes, people are angry and yes, people cry about night shift but we also work to improve our play style, to organize our guilds, to attract more people to join us. We don’t give up, its just not what we do and what we will do in the future.

So don’t make this harder for us then it is, don’t spam our recruiting post with trash talk about our community and language differences. Let us cover the 3rd shift for good of all WvW community in GW2.

Last time we (des) faced viz (week 38 or earlier) we lost ground heavily through their nightcapping. This resulted in a lot of transfer trash abandoning us and we fell down to 9th place rating over the next few weeks.

In the threads at the time there was some whining (not from me I accept we need 24/7 coverage) but there was nothing like this constant bleating from FS forum users.

General feeling (at least from where I was looking) is we accepted as a headstart high pop server we needed to fall to rebuild stronger and work our way back up the ratings.

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

(edited by ako.8973)

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Oh, but we DO realize! We were being night capped as well before RUIN joined forces with us!

We did night-shifts. I remember staying up all night with about 10-15 of my IRON guildies every night of the week, trying to take towers & keeps back, or to hold them in the first place. We succeeded quite a few times as well. Personally I played about 100h in that week, all of that in WvW. (I was on vacation, so that’s how I had the time to do it…) You would be surprised how much difference a small group of dedicated players (that don’t just give up after wiping a few times) can make at night.

Of course it’s impossible to compete with 24/7 servers if you don’t have 24/7 coverage yourself, but as has been said that issue will balance itself out in time.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I understand this split is more to do with latency than it is to do with WvW

Fun factoid on a side note:
Checking /IP on Eternal Battlegrounds for this match, you’re likely to get 206.127.159.208
Which is not surprising, as that’s one I see a lot. But what is slightly more interesting, is that if you check it up, you’ll get Austin, United States. So yeah… the EU/America split has nothing to do with latency.

Anyways, desolation was one of the top EU WvW servers right from the start, and not having a night-crew cost us dearly on our previous matches. So I’m glad we got RUIN with us now. I can’t wait to get back to higher tiers and see if they can match the opposition night crew, so what I do during day wouldn’t go to waste. (Okey, I’ve never seen RUIN apply advanced tactics, but they can produce a zerg at least. Of course, I haven’t seen the american part of the RUIN in action yet.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

@Fred Fargone

Thats not right. Desolation was like Riverside and Vizunah only a “Top Server” because they had a big nightcrew. I just wasn’t as big as Vizunas.(but bigger then the nightshift form 24 other european servers) Both Riverside and Delsolation got nightcapped by Vizunah and many people left the servers (from Riverside to Elona for example), so both servers dropped to t3/t4. Same happens now with Vizunah, which is nightcapped by arborstone. The only server I have played against, who really deserved to be a top server from the beginning is far shiverpeaks.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

(edited by Scryar.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: ceg.4875

ceg.4875

This is all very embarrassing. Stop acting like whiny kids.

Ruin had difficulty with night capping, so we sought out coverage for when we are sleeping or working. Desolation has brought that. We will continue to pursue even better 24 hour coverage. This is the way the game was designed to be played.

If you do not like the game ANet set up, do not play. Go play Aion, they have set vulnerable hours for keeps.

It’s only going to get worse for you. Adapt and give us the competition we desire.

Ceg – Ruin

Ceg – Officer of RUIN
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

Also a big problem is , for example on Kodash , they lose in Bracket 2 and fall down to for example Tier 4 where they dominate with 500+ ticks all day long so they get back to tier 2 where they completly get punished by nightactive servers.

Well Kodash are probably going to drop down into the green position on tier 3 next week. While Desolation will go into tier 1 the week after.

The point is the greatest deciding factor in WvW is how long a server can maintain a full battleground, obviously Desolation have an advantage in this regard now. But some weeks Kodash is going to be against servers where they completely outnumber them (like last week for example). When all the servers are full, then the deciding factor is skill and coordination, but if you are dominating by 500+ then at that point it is obvious you outnumber the enemy.

Vizunah maintained the number one spot by outnumbering every other server until people starting transferring to Arborstone, FS maintained the number two spot by outnumbering everyone but Vizunah, and they would probably still have it except Vizunah had the points but not the numbers for the second spot forcing FS to alternate between the third and forth spot till Vizunah fell (this would have happened except for regional holidays or upcomming servers messing it up).

WvW is a numbers game, plain and simple. Desolation are on their way up because they now have the numbers to play in T1. Tactics are for taking or holding a keep but if your goal is to win a matchup, then the way the game is set up you simply need to outlast your enemy. Whether that is fair or not is a reasonable question, personally I’d like to see something added to give servers a chance to catch back up and avoid the snowball effect, but it is no more fair now than it was when Vizunah were doing it to first and second slot servers, and no more fair than when FS were doing it to the third slot server.

On a different note, and despite what some people are saying in this thread, I’d just like to tip my hat to the people from FS and Kodash who logged in and played WvW last night. It was an epic battle with hard fought victories and bitter losses, and in the end of the day the reason I play WvW is for fights like that and not the +10% flower picking and crafting you get from having the higher score.

in WvW

Syntax.9602

Explain what you mean with “adapt” please?

in WvW

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

@Fred Fargone

Thats not right. Desolation was like Riverside and Vizunah only a “Top Server” because they had a big nightcrew. I just wasn’t as big as Vizunas.(but bigger then the nightshift form 24 other european servers) Both Riverside and Delsolation got nightcapped by Vizunah and many people left the servers (from Riverside to Elona for example), so both servers dropped to t3/t4. Same happens now with Vizunah, which is nightcapped by arborstone. The only server I have played against, who really deserved to be a top server from the beginning is far shiverpeaks.

Well, it all comes down to nightcrew. Tbh, I play during the day, and even though I have seen some pathetic zergs from Desolation, there are also a fair number of good players who organize together to win even when we’ve had the outmanned buff and even when we woke up to see everything we had done undone by the opponent nightcrew.

I know we got some Americans hop over, but at least I personally prefer them to the outmanned buff. (While making sure that the work they do during their prime won’t be lost during my prime.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Explain what you mean with “adapt” please?

Quit the job to play the whole day :-)

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)