10/19: Fort Aspenwood, Tarnished Coast, Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Yeah, pretty low point for some FA players on FA BL. I saw GODS members and someone from SOHK I think it was taking part in the WH Cata breach.

That’s fine. Exploits will only get you so far. You can’t hold it. Just a shame you resort to that.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Trinket.8203

Trinket.8203

This is so ridiculous. Why are exploits like this still around? And now someone is saying someone transferred to Tarnished Coast to pass the orb to Fort Aspen. This would EASILY be fixed if they closed the kitten free server transfers like they said they would. It’s been two months, people should be settled by now.

I’d really like to see reimbursement for this nonsense, but I know ANet’s not going to follow through with that.

(edited by Trinket.8203)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Again, instead of defending the orb at FABL, you should be giving it to us on a platter. You didn’t earn it. And by defending it, you’re seemingly condoning the use of a hacker.

I know it’s not fun for any of us but you don’t hack the game to make the matchup more balanced.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Martin.1906

Martin.1906

No, FA won’t willfully give up the orb. They don’t care that it was hacked. They are defending it like they earned it.

Level 80 Mesmer – Jordrith
Malum Factum [MF]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

It’s one thing to not have any control of the actions of one person hacking, it’s another thing all together to defend the stolen orb. Real classy.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Trinket.8203

Trinket.8203

Classy, FA. Classy.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

I’m hoping this thread doesn’t descend into a whirlwind of flaming and stuff ._.

I rly do understand it’s not fun for any of us. But frankly, I’m disappointed. You can’t possibly try to defend or justify this. If you decide to keep the orb, that’s fine by me. It’s Fort Aspenwood’s reputation that is on the line here.

in WvW

Posted by: Harhar.5021

Harhar.5021

Totally classless… all you FA orb defenders tonight. You KNOW it was hacked and you defending it is pathetic. I had respect for your server but this is lowball behavior deserves zero respect.

in WvW

Posted by: micah.9704

micah.9704

so im on fa, been in fa bl for hours.
just thought id check the forums as i periodically do.

your accusations are complete BS.

i can tell you that when the orb moved the small handful of people that are here were in chat asking if it was moving and talking about doing something about it.

i was watching it as the timer ticked down and in the last 30 seconds of the timer the orb marker on the map was in the southern supply camp that TC owned.

if it was hacked, it was not a zone wide effort and the handful of people that are here are clueless about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ratnacage.1309

Ratnacage.1309

Meh, couple weeks ago when someone on TC hacked an orb for us, there were still a couple dozen people who defended the orb to the death. Can’t judge an entire server for the actions of a few.

in WvW

Posted by: Szin.3714

Szin.3714

I have screenshot of the hacker on the roof of briar tower, and i have the report interface open.
http://imgur.com/HJLl6

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Guys, try not to point fingers or single people out. Otherwise we’ll get this thread locked ._.

It was going okay before.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

@micah I was in the Lord Room and witnesssed it myself. I have screenshots which I’m not going to post. I know nobody likes finger-pointing, but I hope you can understand why people on TC are so angry.

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

yea if u want to point fingers at some autobot haxxer, go to my thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/HACKING/first#post369170

in WvW

Posted by: micah.9704

micah.9704

its fine to point fingers at the guy in the SS

but calling all of fa in the zone “pathetic” and “we all knew it was hacked”
and basically calling all of us hackers is ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

I wouldn’t blame FA for defending an orb. I would guess that a lot of players on the map wouldn’t even realize that the orb was hacked or stolen. How would they know?

Let’s keep this civil and make allowances that the few bad apples aren’t the rule.

The orb was hacked – that’s ArenaNet’s fault. The person who did it is an individual and acted by themselves or, at worst, at the behest of a small group of players. Chances are FA, as a whole, did not sanction the hack nor did they applaud it. If they did then they have an awful lot of coordination and a really neat voting system that I would be totally jealous of and would want on TC as well! But, I don’t think that they do.

Those people who defend the stolen orb are, in all likelihood, doing so out of innocence. The orb is there so protect it.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

I know but the mob are waving their pitchforks. It looks even worse when people defend an orb that was hacked and it ruins the reputation of a server :|

In either case, let’s keep calm and try not to get this thread closed lol!

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

I guess he’s talking about the mesmer who portal exploited onto the walls of innter garrison

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

So defending an orb you did not earn is bad? Well you guys didn’t earn 2 of the 3 orbs you have, you took advantage of the game mechanics allowing you to take orbs against no competition and have now benefited from the stat boost for 2 days. Orb hacking is hardly new on any server, I have yet to come across any team that has given an orb back after it was hacked.

in WvW

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

So defending an orb you did not earn is bad? Well you guys didn’t earn 2 of the 3 orbs you have, you took advantage of the game mechanics allowing you to take orbs against no competition and have now benefited from the stat boost for 2 days. Orb hacking is hardly new on any server, I have yet to come across any team that has given an orb back after it was hacked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/118pkl/thank_you_yaks_bend_faith_in_the_gw2_community/

That’s a server led by classy commanders.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

in WvW

Usagi.4835

The TCer in me rly has to respond to Reonhato.5914’s post. Sorry, but here I go! :P

We did earn the orbs actually. If you’re suggesting that we exploited to get those orbs by nightcapping, your argument is invalid. I’m not great with technical terminology but surely exploiting means taking advantage of a game mechanic such that your opponents can’t possibly counter it, right?

Well then, by that logic, nightcapping is not an exploit. Because each server is free to nightcap. You can’t blame people for having less busy lives, being imsomniacs or living in other timezones. They want to play as well. We all know how important the first two days are which is why we pushed, as did your server and DB.

I’m annoyed because you’re saying we have basically exploited by nightcapping which is accepted as a legitimate means of Wuvwuv’ing. But when it comes to hackers, who nobody likes, you shrug it off and act like it’s okay.

Bear in mind, also, that your server WANTED to face us and Dragonbrand. And now that you’ve got what you want, nobody’s happy. We didn’t expect any of this.

I understand people are angry but your blame is misplaced. It’s ANet’s responsibility to sort out Wuvwuv. Keep it civil, peeps!

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

PiNK’s star is now displayed over DB Garrison. We declare this land to be the Garnished Toast Butterlands! XD

I was running with PiNK for that DB Garrison and listening to you guys on Mumble .. that was a great great move you guys pulled

To my fellow TC’ers I know it’s hard when an orb gets hacked by remember we’re not the whining type, report the behavior and let the devs get the culprit .. in the meantime let’s keep our fighting spirit up!!

I know yesterday FA came and took our Greenlake Keep at FA BL that was fully upgraded (cause no one was inside) and it took a couple of hours to get it back n fully upgraded again .. but gutsy move considering it is just outside our spawn, twas some nice fighting on last night.

To those that are saying TC is abusing game mechanics etc. remember TC lost by 300k + to Blackgate and almost as bad to Crystal Desert the past 2 weeks – game mechanics haven’t changed so why are we doing better?

If it is a lack of 24/7 coverage for your server, go out and do something about it. If it is a lack of strategy etc, go out and do something about it.

There are some folks on TC who have taken great initiative at building up the community in terms of strategy/VOIP etc. – be the change you want to see, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Blame the person. We all know who it was, so that’s good. Don’t blame FA across the board. It’s a shame to lose one of our orbs but let’s not point fingers. Let’s just take it back, right?

Still want to keep this match and discussion amiable.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

As there have been multiple and repeated violations of the rules that apply to this forum, this thread is now locked. Please remember that we do not allow character assassination on these boards. If you suspect another player of exploiting/bug using, please report him via support.