10/26 Gates of Madness vs Borlis Pass vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

So, how do you guys think this week will turn out? I hope it’s a great one filled with a lot of action and great sports man-like fights!

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

I’ll second that!

Here’s to a week of great fights and honorable conduct amongst all combatants!

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I hope so.

I don’t know what kind of population GoM has. But they seems to be of SF caliber, and SF match up was the funniest since release.

We lost, but at least we had some close fight!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeoneth.1635

Aeoneth.1635

1. HOLY KITTEN was able to actually log into the forums…

2 I hope we get some good games to play. Been out of commission vs Ehmry last week due to familial issues. But now I’m doubly raring for a fight. You don’t have to come at me bro… I’m bringing the fight to you.

/harmless chestthumping

Foot Soldier of [Krew] – Borlis Pass

(edited by Aeoneth.1635)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

1. HOLY KITTEN was able to actually log into the forums…

2 I hope we get some good games to play. Been out of commission vs Ehmry last week due to familial issues. But now I’m doubly raring for a fight. You don’t have to come at me bro… I’m bringing the fight to you.

Bro, do you even lift?

jk… Best of luck to you, BP and AR. I was out of town the past two weekends, so unfortunately (or perhaps, fortunately) I had to miss out on getting steamrolled. Should be back at it this weekend and ready to get some revenge.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

real Classy Borlis. Spawn camping already.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

with seige even..

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

with seige even..

-K

Just fyi, there are two other exits from your spawn.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: warhammer.2809

warhammer.2809

indeed more than one exit

in WvW

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Just wanted to give a shoutout to TCMM, thanks for leaving our server and then double teaming us. Another week of being steamrolled!

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

no kitten there are 2 other exits

you missed the point..

-K

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

I bet the two of you pointing out there are two other exits are the idiots spawn camping.

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I have to agree with Kodiack on this one, I have lost a great deal of respect for BP players at this point. Spawn camping with siege is something players with limited ability and skill do to get kills because they only have the ability to get kills by out manning the opponent and/or using siege weapons to get kills because they have failed to build or gear their character to do so otherwise.

And yes there are three exits out of each spawn, but why would I go out there when I can just send a pet in to break the siege with zero risk of being killed? Hope the guys camping enjoy the bill.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Where did TCMM come from? They have two commanders. never seen them before.

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

Haha, TCMM jumped ship from Gates of Madness 2 match ups ago.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i should post some video of AR trying to double team us into our spawn with NSP way back in 24 hour matches. XD karma amirite? pretty sure AR has tried to spawn camp us even more recently as well.

anyways, had a great time in blue map tonight. guildies still in there, sounds like you guys finally woke up.

will upload video tomorrow. pergonia is still taking footage afaik.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@dirtyklingon You have posted this video before, and are you talking about when MVP TFO and ANV were all on AR? You are referencing something that happened when the game first opened STILL. You do realize that most likely none of those people you refer to are on AR anymore, and I have yet to see AR spawn camp set up siege and sit there waiting .. hoping .. dreaming to get to shoot players that run out of a gate with a balista. You can’t possibly defend spawn camping with 8 balistas, possibly as many arrow carts and a treb man, that is just poor over all sportsmanship. If anything, albeit imbalanced, we at the very least had a little class in this tier over the last few weeks, and a group of your players is doing their best to remove that from the tier too. You have had other servers do this to your server, and you know how mindless and classless it is.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

I cannot speak for the rest of the server but I’d just like to apologize to the server that was getting spawn camped. I am from Borlis Pass and I do not approve of such tactics even if there are two other exits. Unfortunately, I am a mere soldier, not one of the leaders, so I don’t have much say in the matter of strategy. Again, I am only speaking for myself…sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Random unorganized pug zergs setup spawn camping seige equip. Nothing anyone can do about it besides yourself. Pugs don’t read map chat and you can hardly hold us responsible for their actions. Since our actual organized guilds are not right outside your spawn ever we don’t see it to even say anything about it. We are too busy doing real PvP.

Its not like one of the guilds in our alliances is doing it.

FYI: I have never seen BPA members participate in spawn camping and Krew and HoM both actively avoid it.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Sundial Yeah, didn’t see either guild tag at that mess, just finished destroying another cata and 3 more balistas before I got bored and went around. I haven’t seen the tag that was at the spawn, maybe they are new to your server and this tier.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Sorry anvil, we had to do it.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Is there a single GoM commander left?

in WvW

Sundial.9015

Yeah, I just took a look at the picture and have to say I am not really surprised at the tags I see. Not a new guild to our server. I hope its just a bunch of bored randoms and that their commander isn’t actually with them.

Anyways, just know not everyone from our server acts like that. I can only speak for my guild but we play WvW for “good fights” and that definitely does not look like one.

At the end of the day though we are playing to win, just like you. I think most people are a little tired of being in Anvils 2nd place shadow which probably explains why you are being camped if it was an actual organized event.

(edited by Sundial.9015)

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

The pact essentially decided that blue was the target instead of green this week, and it worked out well. Go figure. I can say that the unsavory barricade was intentional, and orchestrated by the Pact. Were not happy about having to do it, but with so few numbers, it was required to gain ground on the other servers.

Great fun on Eternal tonight, if anyone here was on that map. I hope you kitten your pants at the sight of 9 useless golems defending stonemist, because I sure did.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

Oh yeah, props to WAR on Anvil Rock, you guys are extremely organized on small unit tactics. I hope I’m that organized someday.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

I think every single guild that had a commander left GoM. Was just some random people shouting different things in Map chat last night.

The match is already getting away from us for the week. (GoM) If we had 3 day matches I probably wouldnt mind as much. But its still 7 day and I’m willing to bet the server transfer steamroll starts tomorrow or tonight.

This is getting pretty frustrating. I would like to organize something but unfortunately I just don’t have the time to devote to do it properly anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

Spawn camping… IMPOSSIBLE>>> theres 3 ways out of the camp.. unless they have all 3 ways blocked run behind them and destroy them OR run out the other 2 ways .Stop kittening about them blocking the main ent with seige.

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

This is the point where the match goes running off a cliff.

Borlis quickly taking the rest of the map.

Cyas next week!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

with server transfers the game will always be 1 sided.. once a side is pulling away 3 ours later they triple the score and there’s no coming back.

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

giving up in under 24 hours after a reset is a sure way to turn your server around!

(video upping now)

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Wow BP is like a completly different server now. It’s crazy.

Everything is upgraded, bunch of siege everywhere, map full of players.

What the heck happened?

Yeah, free transfer.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroActive.4057

NeuroActive.4057

My apologies to the other servers. All discussions we were involved in did not approve or condone of Spawn camping. A bit unfair to label the entire server for it though…just like it would be unfair for Borlis to label the entire Anvil server after we were spawn camped last Fri & Sun…(& that is just what I witnessed).

As far as the “What the heck happened?” We are not getting double teamed and are a little salty after last week. Same major Guilds involved, just a bit more organized and focused. Find it hard to believe anyone would transfer after the pounding we took the last two weeks…but its your story so you tell it.

Good luck to all this week. A little sweet retribution after last week…the #’s EB put up consistantly was just impressive.

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

(edited by NeuroActive.4057)

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

BPA was on blue map last night and we used a similar strat to what we’ve used in the past. no new guilds there either. obv we executed our strat and tactics better, but aside from GoM holding us back from their spawn tower i felt like we faced less resistance last night than previous resets.

idk about other maps. the only new guilds i ever see on BP are random zerg guilds aggressively recruiting then moving to new servers for new members and not really taking part in the war effort.

we did have short queues on blue last night, and for a change the actual numbers of players running around fighting reflected that. in the past from time to time w/e map i’ve been on for resets where we would have a queue but the visible force we were fielding was nearly small enough to warrant outmanned.

here’s my video from last night. opens with the first decent battle of the night that was interupted by the patch after reset. i didn’t show much of the back and forth between us and GoM in center island, but it was a pretty good fight there. we cost them alot of gold since they really wanted to have siege on the island.

pergona’s upload looks like it had issues, so i’ll wait for him to reup before i link it.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

@ Sundial. It wasn’t random PUGs. It was a guild group [SBZY] and as its already been noted in this thread a server agreed upon tactic.

Ah well , Friday is over and 6 days left for WvW. Good luck and try to stay classy..

-K

-K

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

to clarify my earlier comments from last night, as leader of HoM i don’t condone spawn camping and generally lead my guild’s groups away from it when i am in session.

not for any pretentious moral or e honour reason though, because frankly i think w/e is within the rules of the game is fair play.

but because it’s boring. straight up. i don’t enjoy spawn camping people, and it’s within my perview as co leader that when i’m overseeing a session, HoM will not do it because HoM plays for fun and epic battles, and there is little that’s epic about sitting on someone’s doorstep slaughtering them.

previously when an opponent has chosen to suicide zerg from spawn and we are pushing them back into their base, we simply tactically retreat(often in style) and let them have w/e objective it is they want so badly as to spend their repair bills on our meatgrinder.

HoM plays for fun. as co leader and wvw director, our " pvp honour code" is based on a mix of kill bill and klingon inspired ideology. but our goals are epic battles and having fun with friends and friends of friends. we simply have no interest in boring crap like spawn camping.

that being said, there is an old klingon proverb: revenge is a dish best served cold.

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

@ Sundial. It wasn’t random PUGs. It was a guild group [SBZY] and as its already been noted in this thread a server agreed upon tactic.

Ah well , Friday is over and 6 days left for WvW. Good luck and try to stay classy..

-K

PACT represents few people on Borlis Pass.

most of the BP posters in this thread are BPA member guild members, afaik- and a big part of why HoM is a part of BPA, is that overall we share a common primary goal – to have fun and win epic battles.

and for my own part, i speak only for myself and my own opinions, except when explicitly noted.

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

When 2-3 guilds agree to a strat to spawn camp, that doesnt mean a server agreed tatic. The Borlis pass alliance(BPA) were on blue map last night. We dont like that spawn camping garbage. Ehmry did it to us a few months ago and ever since i refuse to do it back. Dont let a decision of 2-3 guilds represent our server. If you went to blue map you would have enjoyed constant fights back and forth and seiging of eachothers keeps/towers.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

here’s pergonia’s video from last night. he’ll explain it himself in the first several seconds of the video. enjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

The barricades were only there as a means to slow/stop pushes into our own borderlands while we fortified, not for easy kills. I wouldn’t think to to see it much as the match goes on.

Perhaps not the most tasteful tactic, but a fair enough one I think. Most of you here should know it’s not that difficult to overrun siege sitting in an open field with a focused push. Better yet, go around and hit the emplacements from behind. And yes, you could also slip out through the two side exits.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Sundial.9015

Wow BP is like a completly different server now. It’s crazy.

Everything is upgraded, bunch of siege everywhere, map full of players.

What the heck happened?

Yeah, free transfer.

We didn’t get any new players or any new guilds (Well, I am sure there have been a few but we havn’t got any new GIANT guilds if you know what I mean), everyone here has been here since launch. Do you mean that you guys have been losing players?

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the weakest link lost a weak(er) link. bye tcmm!

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

I’ve been in Borlis Pass since Day 1 playing WvW every day. And I can personally Promise you that not a single main WvW guild transfered over to Borlis Pass. This is all the Original people of Borlis Pass. We never left and never will. #ForBP

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Same guilds, Same amount of players. We have just been getting more organized and working together and learning new strats that work and strats that dont work. Last few weeks now our guilds have been learning everyones strengths/weaknesses and who can do what better than others. It took us a long time obv to get our numbers some what organized, but its starting to show

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

PACT is not just ‘a few guilds’, its friggin 12 guilds right now, and we covered 3 maps. I led Eternal with DKz, TWC, and CORE. Homelands was SZBY and I think GOAT but I could be wrong. Rest supposedly went to blue.

Also yes, there has been no mass server transfers except away from our server. We’ve lost, I believe, about 3 large sized guilds (for our server anyways) over the past few weeks. Our victory is an effort by the guilds. We had a 18 man ‘council’ meeting on thursday about how to win, just as we do every week. Last week we were trying something new, this week we tried something new again.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: OneBloke.7264

OneBloke.7264

@Hadan it’s not just organization and strategy. BP clearly has a lot more players than last week AR borderlands’ bay has been defended 24/7 by a large group while still controlling most of Eternal and even having a couple of keeps in GoM borderlands.
No amount of “organization and tactics” would have allowed you to do that in the previous weeks you just didn’t have the manpower back then. So please stop denying that people have been transferring to BP. That you haven’t noticed it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

One thing that is certain.

Winning team always claims organization/tactics won the day.

Losing team claims numbers/zerg won the day.

Here is something to consider , it just might be both. Let’s give BP credit. They are organized this round.

But understand when we show up (AR) and the enemy has twice our numbers all we see is zerg.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Lunchmoney.3017

Lunchmoney.3017

One of the big problems GoM players have is they seem to think unless someone has paid 100g for the commander’s book, there is absolutely no way that they know what they are talking about. The fight in the south of the Anvil Rock map last night was great, but we simply didn’t have the numbers to push west or north. BP did a great job coming for our Trebs each and everytime we came close to taking the wall down though.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Moose.8234

Lord Moose.8234

This is the point where the match goes running off a cliff.

Borlis quickly taking the rest of the map.

Cyas next week!

I’m sorry. Did you say something? ;-)

Check it now.

Celenara
80 Warrior
Blackgate

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

score update. should be an interesting weekend.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

PACT aside it definitely feels like BP has a lot more people in WvW. I guess this is my 4th or 5th group rotation now and I’ve never run in this many BP players ever. And its not just isolated strategic spots on the map. Seems like where ever we turn twice as many BP arrive.

Anvil Rock is pretty darn carebear…. there I said it. So I thought maybe lots of people are doing the Halloween thing. Was looking forward to some competitive pvp this weekend after the EBayers easily mowed over all of us last week. Guess I thought wrong.