10/26 Gates of Madness vs Borlis Pass vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

wow i stand corrected. this morning was a trainwreck but at least there are some good fights now. we went a full week without seeing that so I wasn’t expecting much

in WvW

Posted by: Metryn.8476

Metryn.8476

I can’t wait to have plenty of free time this week. Since AR obviously didn’t ride coattails last week (sarcasm), lets see if they make the cut this week. I haven’t heard of/seen any major migrations, so our numbers should be about the same.

It’s my personal goal to piece some strike teams together again and bury AR.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Ehmry tried to warn you guys.

I wasn’t saying that Borlis Pass would be winning if they had better tactics for nothing. BP had the power, they were just misdirecting it.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Moose.8234

Lord Moose.8234

Right now:
GoM +260
BP +255
AR + 180

I really hope this keeps up. The last two weeks were total shutdowns. I’ve been aching for a good fight.

Celenara
80 Warrior
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

I will say this,

Who ever this borlis pass is now, it sure wasn’t the same people last 2 weeks. My guild has been heavly fighting Ehmery bay the last 2 weeks, and we’ve flanked ehmery bay spawn camping borlis pass at their gates, destroying their seige equipment so borlis pass can come out and play with us, my guild has also taken every green tower and abandoned it, so borlis can retake them easily and remain competitve vs ehmery bay. The real question is, where were these numbers during those match ups. I tell you what, regardless of why or how, i’m impressed with the numbers borlis pass has dished out since friday. My guild enjoys a challenge. The problem I am seeing, and perhaps i am wrong, that comment above there that Ehmery has been warning us about borlis pass. Again I’ve been fighting ehmery bay, so I know alot of those guild tags. It’s odd that I am seeing similar tags now as we are fighting borlis pass. Tags I’ve never seen before during our encounters with borlis pass the last 2 weeks. Only real tags I recognize atm for Borlis pass is GOAT which I see as an active group for borlis in wvw. You guys can claim that you haven’t grew in size, but I doubt that is true, transfers did happen and if it was to evade the tougher fight in the next tier by some groups to only dominate again for another week then that’s fine lol, but I feel sorry more for Borlis, as that population will easily transfer out as well when you move up a bracket that you guys aren’t prepared for.

A side with the greater number in wvw can easily claim better strategy and tactics, and honestly with a population to accomidate those tactics you have the better hand. When I’m out there I make due with what numbers I have to utilize, we can set down siege gear and equipment all day long and make an attempt to take an objective, but if I don’t have bodies to defend them or use them then the strategy becomes mute.

Today, we found several bots in the lake of Anvil Rock borderlands during our operation in attempt to retake our orb back from borlis pass. lol, so we realize okay great, we have 40 players on map, and possibly about 20 + bots roaming around the zone. I have 40 players, about 10 which is in my guild that I can count on to hit multiple objectives around the map. So we attempted to hit AB in multiple directions, switching out and weakening every defense on each side, forcing multiple repairs while trying to capture your supply camps for AB. Hard to do with just 40 people. I eventually had to leave due to a guild party event :P.

Darksavage,
Syndicate, General

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Do you mean…Gates of Madness?

Ehmry Bay isn’t fighting you guys this week

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Do you mean…Gates of Madness?

Ehmry Bay isn’t fighting you guys this week

No, I mean ehmry bay. I was referring to the last 2 weeks, when we matched up against ehmery bay and borlis pass. I am seeing guilds now that are running in borlis pass, with the same tags as I’ve seen when I fought ehmery bay in their borderlands during the last 2 weeks.

Darksavage,
Syndicate, General

in WvW

Supersun.4603

Odd, I’m not aware of any servers that transferred off.

It might have been some people that temporarily transferred to our server to get map completion?

in WvW

Godfather.8217

As mentioned before supersun, lol i could be wrong and it’s just speculation, and tags could be identical. However it is odd that suddenly all these guilds that never appeared before now show up to fight us, that just happens to be the same guild tags I was fighting before just from a different server :P

With free transfers, guilds can easily just evade a tougher bracket by going to another server temporarily to win, makes sense to me, but why would anyone want to do that right…

Darksavage,
Syndicate, General

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Eva here from Borlis – I haven’t noticed any new population at all. Same people, just more communication!!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Darksavage, believe me when I say borlis pass does not have any new guilds that xfered in. Only two new WvW guilds are FIST and EDGE. And they are both lead by people who are in the server and didn’t xfer in.

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Chewie.1249

Chewie.1249

what is the score now?

Character: Clinquer/Clinquet~~ Crystal Desert
WvW junkie and extraordinaire
Officer of greatest CD WvW Guild. Terror[TG]

in WvW

Godfather.8217

lol, hold on guys.

I’m not angry or anything, as stated above I think it’s great. My team is up for a challenge, and perhaps supersun pointed it out, perhaps during ehmery bay’s reign of terror, lol, a few of your guys transferred over for map completion and decided to join in the defense of ehmery bay borderlands. I have no idea, but gg on the numbers seriously, your keeping my people on their toes. Two guild tags I noticed in both servers with semi decent representation is (pvp) and (ML). There are a few more but i can’t remember them off hand.

If you guys move up the bracket you certainly deserve it. Good job borlis pass.

Darksavage,
Syndicate, General

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Current score.

First off. hats off to BP for finally getting their act together and putting up a challenge in this bracket. Its very easy to get discouraged in this bracket and give up, hats off to you guys for sticking it out.

Second, you only need to take a gander at the two screenshots I posted at the start of this thread. Count all the red names, I did, it was close to 20. Now count all the green names, we had 6.

So yes, your organized and yes you outnumber us.

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

That’s at the spawn – Trust me, you had more than 6 people out there. We were regularly getting our faces smashed in by a zergball (though admittedly not as giant as it was last week).

Just keep fighting the good fight!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Oh. AR isn’t giving up.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Haha nice, I’m the leader of FIST and we were there defending the orb with what little numbers we did have online at the time. I can say that it was a blast. I was the annoying warrior suiciding onto the trebs and repairing the north gate.

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

All ribbing aside, now would be a good time for both BP and AR to get their act together. I would guess that at least another 2 -3 servers are going to fall down to these ranks and make the bottom 3 tiers fun and competitive.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This match has a been an absolute blast so far. I have had the hardest time logging off WvW these last three days. Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass, you guys rock.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Hells.3894

Hells.3894

Well, had yet to post in the official forums, will definitely try to be around more.

That said, I had to reply here. From GoM’s side, we had a few rough weeks, also losing alot of our main guilds and WvWers. Hats off to Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass though, this seems to be a promising match. I couldn’t get off WvW myself.

As of now, Anvil Rock is making a comeback and establishing its position on the map.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Had a great time fighting over Stonemist tonight! Keep up the good fights everyone!

Attachments:

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

Borlis has definitely not seen any major guilds transfer to our server. We do have more and more players on WvW each weak, but that’s because we’re bringing them there from PVE.

As all you forum readers can see, we don’t ask for transfers to our servers like Kaineng has been doing, not that I blame them. They do need more people.

Borlis has been getting better week after week due to its leadership and communication, as well as the willingness of the majority on our server to work together. We’ve been making an effort to get the most people we can on TS. Not just major guilds, but anyone interested in joining us. Once they do WvW with a good leader and a fun group on TS, they’re hooked.

As for the spawn camping issue, I don’t do it cause I find it boring. But honestly, complaining and mentioning it is just silly imo. It has never been and never will be a problem for smart players, and since I know there are a lot of great players in AR, cause I’ve learned quite a few things from some of them, this shouldn’t be an issue at all. AR has more numbers than Borlis, if it got to a point where you got spawn camped, shame on you.

All in all, this was a good start. But we have to remember it is Halloween, so we don’t know what influence that has had on the score.

Also, one last thing. Where did all those GoM players come from today? Methinks it’s time to complain about server transfers to another server, lol. jk, bring it on.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

BP is a bunch of hackers and exploiters. I saw a bunch of thief and mesmer wall hacking into the orb castle and porting people in from the outside. Thief just pretty much teleport through walls and tried to steal the orb.

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

Good fights, I have been aching for something like this since the end of 1 day matchups. GoM hasn’t had many matches that were anything approaching fun, this one feels different. Best part, is the comeback that AR seems to be making at the moment. I don’t care who wins at the end of this, just so long as the match keeps going the way it did today.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Whoa, slow down, don’t blame the server for the actions of a few, those folks are everywhere. If there are people exploiting, report them in game, don’t blame the whole server for it on the forums.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Foxinstrazt.4920

Foxinstrazt.4920

Well, in reaction to those few(Because it could have been just a couple players planning and a call to gather somewhere for a portal), we now have ~40-50 BP players inside the place.

Don’t get me wrong, now it’s a fun fight holding them where they are, it’s just frustrating that it’s all because a few of their players cheated.

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Like I said though, reporting them for anything/everything in game system, cool. Just don’t blame an entire server due to the actions of a few players. There are a ton of decent players/guilds on BP.

I know Borlis, kinda odd when I say it huh?

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Foxinstrazt.4920

Foxinstrazt.4920

Well you also have to look at when a GoM player was caught hacking, the entire server was blamed.

I’m not saying I hope that happens to BP, just might want to control your own players. Game is no fun when you are getting overrun by an exploit.

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Well, I’m on AR, and you can look at it a few ways. Yes it’s demoralizing, and it sucks when people exploit, on the other hand, it’s kinda a compliment for your defenses if those players felt that was the only way they could circumvent them. Aside from a little uppity-ness, this has been mostly a pretty classy match, and I hope it continues to remain so through the week.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: daneo.9732

daneo.9732

BP couldnt take back bay in their zone so they had to exploit through the walls to take it back. You can say “hey dont label the server”. but their was over 30 people in bay on BPs side that knew that somethings up, but they did not care. I hope BP’s server gets the same treatment ours did.

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Mesmers – learn how they work, they got some nifty abilities. There are a few threads about em.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: daneo.9732

daneo.9732

@ Fraeg if you were not there you should not be posting your wild assumptions… we had held bay for hours walls/gate were fortified we cleared bay there were no mesmers hiding in there from when we took bay and the orb… but yeah a mesmer exploited in and dropped a portal. but hey go check out your home world. Karma sure does suck don’t it?

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

With the exceptions of possible hacks (wasn’t there, so won’t comment) and spawn camping already (wasn’t there, so won’t comment), as a GoM player I’d like to say yay!

This is the first game in more than a few weeks that hasn’t been a blowout by Sunday night. The fights have been really fun, the servers seem to be pretty balanced and GoM is playing really well as a team this time around.

Win or lose, I’m really enjoying this weeks match up. Now, let’s try and keep it classy with no spawn camping and no hacking. Deal?

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

“I’m not saying I hope that happens to BP, just might want to control your own players. Game is no fun when you are getting overrun by an exploit.”

Controlling randoms is impossible. If it was someone from one of our WvW guilds let us know which one, provide evidence and it will be dealt with.

Controlling 100% of your own players is like asking us to herd cats.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Yeah looks like it will be a really great week!

Transfer or not, I gotta say BP really went all out this week. Seriously, I helped to attack the bay this week end and you guys had so many upgrade and a lot of people working togheter.

But I saw some guild that I never see before, like ASIA?

Finally got my necro to 80, getting some gear to be competitive and I’m looking to have some fun fight!

Edit : Forgot to say, it might be us, Anvil Rock, that lost a lot of player too. Not because they left the server, but I think we have a really strong PVE population. They all went to do the halloween event.

I’m not a PVE player, and I hate puzzle. But I still wasted like 1-2 hours in the mad tower puzzle. Imagine If I did all pve event

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

By the way, Anyone got the score? Millenium is down right now.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

here’s some videos last night. we’re the same guys that was fighting GoM at center island in the south of blue map friday night. we were all drunk that night, this night some of us were drunk, others were hungover, or in spraggs’ case, doubled over from putting his back out in vball.

this is pergonia’s video. it’s more focused on fights we won, most of which outnumbered.

my video shows some of the silly/dumb stuff we did, and also me dying early in one or two of the fights we won that pergonia’s shows.

in soviet borderlands, HoM member has strength of 10 men!

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Gates of Madness is closing the gap that Borlis built up over the weekend.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: tiphys.3802

tiphys.3802

As a Borlis member I have to say I get annoyed by the “keep up the good fight” posts. The fact is, Borlis has continuously put up a good fight. Guilds like ML, GOAT, HoM, and undoubtedly some smaller guilds like my own have been highly active and quite cunning each week. What happens is, once a server does start dominating us, our tremendous amount of fair weather WvWers are gone for the week.

I recon this is the same for most servers.

Our large, dedicated guilds are indeed learning and improving, but don’t pretend that suddenly we are actually trying, so that’s why we are doing well. It’s our fair weather players that can be blamed for our large scale successes and failures.

Denatonium – Borlis Pass

Denatonium – Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Vonleo.2987

Vonleo.2987

Have to remember the Halloween can be changing the number of people going into wvw. I mean i havent stepped foot into wvw since act 3 started….

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

I find it HILARIOUS, that you guys have to team up against the red server. We have not added any numbers at all. This pipe dream you have that all of a sudden we have had an influx of people is plain wrong. Same people doing the same thing except now, AR doing its normal play for second not attacking green and green trying to get back to first not attacking blue. So Sad, every week the same thing with you guys.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that Anvil and Gates have been actively teaming up against Borlis.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Plok, you say the same thing week after week. You are getting double teamed. You really need to understand, in a three way match all three teams are “getting double teamed”.

AR attacks Red and Green. GoM attacks Blue and Red. BP attacks Green and Blue. Maybe you were hoping that maybe GoM and AR weren’t going to attack any of your keeps or towers this week? You guys had a great weekend, and built up a really decent lead. It isn’t anyone’s responsibility to maintain the lead but the server that has it.

I know for a fact that AR attacks both BP and GoM, and I know we repelled a huge GoM attack on Anvil keep in EB this morning. You saying that AR isn’t getting attacked by GoM is ridiculous.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

I find it HILARIOUS, that you guys have to team up against the red server. We have not added any numbers at all. This pipe dream you have that all of a sudden we have had an influx of people is plain wrong. Same people doing the same thing except now, AR doing its normal play for second not attacking green and green trying to get back to first not attacking blue. So Sad, every week the same thing with you guys.

A tip.

The team that is spread out the most has the most targets to defend. The opposing two teams , playing smart , are going to take the points you are unable to defend.

This applies to anyone , this time around its you. The joys of WvW is building a big lead over a weekend, the pains of WvW is defending it over the week.

See you on the battlefield.

-K

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Somebody wake up GoM.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

GoM seems to be stuffed into LA to do repeated Mad King runs. Something about exotics. I think it’s a self-imposed grind.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

We have lost a lot of Commanders and guilds in our server, Everyone in our server is fighting even without commanders now. I commend my fellow GoM players in holding and maintaining the scores and closing the gap from 20k to 5k in just 1day.

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: oOYolkOo.2935

oOYolkOo.2935

I just thought this was funny so I wanted to post…. what is “Anvil without a hammer” just a piece of junk metal….

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Plok No, because it’s hardly the truth. The absolute truth is this, when the going gets tough your server packs it in except for a select few players. You guys fold under the pressure of unbeatable odds. Only a very select few keep on fighting. The people on Anvil Rock keep on fighting regardless of the odds. Call it painful optimism, but we keep going, no matter how hard we get zerged, or how bad the match is. That’s the truth. No one on Anvil Rock is plotting against your server, nor have they ever. We haven’t planted people on your server, or invaded your voice chats. Heck, we are happy that you guys are finally doing something. Do you know how painfully unbalanced matches have been because you guys are afraid to come out of your hidey hole for 5 of the seven days? It’s miserable, at least now we can have some decent fights.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

Somebody wake up GoM.

Oh, let me tell you a delightful tale. Once there was a beautiful server, named gates of madness, who lived in cluster with her brothers and sisters. She was vivacous, and ever so clever, but not nearly as strong as her siblings. They would pick on her, call her names, and recite meaningless platitudes like, “this will make you stronger” as they beat her. Then, one day, her fairy godmother appeared, and asked her, "what would you like my dear?’ GoM smiled and replied, “I want to be stronger like my brothers and sisters!” The fairy thought for a moment before replying, “done! There is a catch however… but you will see.” The next day at the start of prime time, when GoM met with her siblings, they were shocked. What had happened to the GoM they knew, where was this strength coming from. They toiled on and on, wondering how what could possibly have happened to bring about such a change. Then, at 12pm EST, the lovely server known as GoM turned back into a pumpkin…

Seriously though, we have never, ever, had a night time pop. The recent exodus from our server probably hasn’t helped in that regards either, see you at prime time tomorrow though!