10/26 Gates of Madness vs Borlis Pass vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Xanex.1397

Xanex.1397

This has been a great week, i’m hoping for the same matchup next week.

Couldn’t get on last night because I had to put new calipers and rotors on my truck but I almost went WvW and no brakes because its that awesome right now

80 Ele/Warrior/Mesmer
Server – Dragonbrand
Guild – DS

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroActive.4057

NeuroActive.4057

After all the complaining & accusations that BP has received an influx of players do to transfer, which is not true, I see an Anvil player recruiting an entire Guild. Funny. lol

I really hope we do not start seeing a bunch of transfer & will discourage as I see them looking. I really do not want to deal with the issue’s the “upper echelon” servers are dealing with currently. Winning is great, but great matches are what its about.

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Anyone have score update?

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Starting to get weary of WvW. I kinda wish WvW was designed for shutouts, and that once your server won/lost, it’s shuffled to a new match. It’s extremely hard to justify 6+ hours a day for simple badges of honor, and the side buffs are hardly worth the effort.

Ah well, game on folks!

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

NeuroActive.4057

After as much of the “Borlis is better because they have received transfers” talk that we have been hearing over the last 4-1/2 days…one little poke is drawing a reaction? I actually wouldn’t mind facing your server & GoM from here on out. Next week should be even better when the Halloween event is done & gone…good ridence.

Loving this week. I think all 3 servers are forcing each other to adapt & become better as a whole. I really just hope that none of us experience the transfers that, lets face it…ARE probably coming. I think with especially our 3 there is so much server pride that any new blood would only do harm.

Keep fighting the good fight and don’t get it twisted, besides BP, AR is my fav server. The amount of server pride you guys show is second to only ours & that is commendable.

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

After all the complaining & accusations that BP has received an influx of players do to transfer, which is not true, I see an Anvil player recruiting an entire Guild. Funny. lol

I really hope we do not start seeing a bunch of transfer & will discourage as I see them looking. I really do not want to deal with the issue’s the “upper echelon” servers are dealing with currently. Winning is great, but great matches are what its about.

Which guild did we recrute? Didn’t see a commander since sunday in WvW in EB

NeuroActive, I think nobodies can know for sure, if you had transfer or not. It would be cool to have some stats about it. Like How many player join WvW.

But since release, I never saw so many player from BP. I could be wrong, but I really have the impression that you are a lot more.

It might be us that lost player for the halloween, that’s another possibility.

But you gotta admit, that a server getting stomped, turning into a beast the next week, give us even more argment.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

Starting to get weary of WvW. I kinda wish WvW was designed for shutouts, and that once your server won/lost, it’s shuffled to a new match. It’s extremely hard to justify 6+ hours a day for simple badges of honor, and the side buffs are hardly worth the effort.

Ah well, game on folks!

Playing WvW is its own reward… it’s fun!

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

We focused on you. GoM probably thinks we have a lot less people than warranted. Our original goal going in friday was to come in second by a strong margin, we never hoped to come in first as we are currently (close!)

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Forgot to say : I’m not saying Transfer are the reason you are winning right now, I think you guys went all out this week.

Using strats, upgrade and siege, it’s crazy.

Good job Borlis Pass!

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

Playing WvW is its own reward… it’s fun!

It’s fun, yes. It’s also costly to my time. I spend 1-2g a day minimum on WvW, 3-4g on reset day.

All for what? Next week we start over and gain nothing.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

It’s fun, yes. It’s also costly to my time. I spend 1-2g a day minimum on WvW, 3-4g on reset day.

All for what? Next week we start over and gain nothing.

How can you spend so much?? I routinely keep ~5 of each siege unit in my bags (excluding golems) but I only use badges to purchase them. Are you saving badges for armor or something?

I guess I spend money on repairing armor, but I always seem to come out of WvW with more gold than I went in with so I guess the loot value outweighs the repair costs.

in WvW

Evalana.5480

<3 I love Borlis.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Wow this round definitely swings back and forth in terms of the pie (I live for the moment, don’t really care about score lol)

I see all those pesky American ‘night cappers’ have taken a fair bit back :P
I hope all wvw matchups from now on are this close.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Well you guys held alot during the day while most of us were at work/school. Whats night time for you is when most of us are getting home. Its been a great even matchup so far. I hope we stay in this bracket for a while.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

Ok I finally have a working link to our clip video from Sunday night.

http://youtu.be/Bcl7qxDMKj0

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

hmm interesting night. Should make for a fun Thursday.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Seems the AR PvDoor squad is out for some nightcapping.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

WvW needs more and better rewards, right now it’s just a gold drain. I’ve rarely get a rare lv 80 drop from wvw not to mention an exotic for a week of WvW. While I farmed cursed shore for 30 mins I get 6 rares.

With the current scores, the match up next week is likely to be the same unless one of the lower tier scores a crap load of points or one of the higher tier drop the ball really bad.

in WvW

Plok.6145

WvW needs more and better rewards, right now it’s just a gold drain. I’ve rarely get a rare lv 80 drop from wvw not to mention an exotic for a week of WvW. While I farmed cursed shore for 30 mins I get 6 rares.

With the current scores, the match up next week is likely to be the same unless one of the lower tier scores a crap load of points or one of the higher tier drop the ball really bad.

If you are there for money, you are not a pvper.

I played 9 hours on Tuesday started at like 12g, bought 1g of emergency siege( I generally carry 50 pieces of superior) maybe 70s on repairs and left with about 17g after selling. So clearly you are doing something wrong.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

This guy. Lol. Why are you always so paranoid, Plok? We took SM from GOM, then herded the GOATs from our borderlands until most of you went back to EB. Is AR really to blame for wanting to fight still after the epic battles we had all day? You guys got tired. Not our fault. Nice job on taking SM by the time we got back from sweeping y’all out of AR Borderlands by the way, that was some good coordination. No, I’m not being sarcastic. That was a good move. I just hope that we keep the little numbers boost Mad King going away gave us. Its the first time I’ve had to queue for EB in a long time.

Great battles all around, GOM and BP. I really hope both of you guys stay for the next matchup, this one has been the closest and most fun I’ve seen since release, the Pact camping shenanigans aside.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

I want to have this match-up again next time when there is no Halloween event or anything that can affect WvWers population XD

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Evalana.5480

I LOVE this matchup. The pie changes drastically every time I look at it!! Can we pretty please do it again next week??!!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Yeah, it’s been an all around great match up, and next week it is going to be the same 3 servers, which is really cool. And about night capping, I wake up at 5:30 am CST and BP owns 80% of AR BL. Who exactly is night capping? That’s right, all 3 server do it when people are on to play. There is a high horse, and someone needs to descend from it.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Well, my guild FIST night capped GoM and AR, took AR orb, took back our ORB then took the castle in eternal. Pics, enjoy fellas. Great fights.

Attachments:

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: neithan.9750

neithan.9750

Score update pleeeeease?

Neithan Turambar
Level 80 Guardian, Thief
Minions of Grenth, Jade Quarry

in WvW

Hakato.9650

Heres the update of the score, as expected they are taking everything back. the BP server should wake up soon though.

Attachments:

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

Ok I finally have a working link to our clip video from Sunday night kitten vs The Chamber of The Unfathomable Hurricane:
http://youtu.be/Bcl7qxDMKj0

i always like to see more grass roots video makers getting involved.

however your video is hard to watch for a few reasons:

i can’t understand the chatter at the beggining well due to being sped up
at that part i tend look at the length of the video and i get tempted to just close the tab.
it’s super sped up that it makes it dificult to follow the action.
you left voice chatter in the super sped up parts that just sounds like mice chattering.

suggestion: instead of speeding up a video to fit 40 minutes of footage into a 20 minute upload, consider splitting the video up into parts, that are more easily digested.

in any case, keep making videos and posting them! not that i’m the best video maker myself mind you.

i’m uploading a video of me and some of my guys derpin around farming camps for exp and gold and karma last night. it kidna confused me why we wouldn’t have outmanned on those couple of maps because there was like literally no other BP players around it seemed.

anyways i’ll write a bit of a synopsis about the video when it’s up and i post it here.

happy halloween!

oh and htat reminds me, i’ll be dedicating my wvw videos to movember for prostate cancer awareness month in november. you can sponsor my beard by donating to a prostate cancer charity of yoru choice or better yet; by spreading the word among men in your life abotu prostate and colon cancer.

i grow beards all the time, but this beard is in honour of a buddy’s dad who died from prostate cancer.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

oops didn’t realize the video was so close to finishing the upload.

basically we got some beers and tequila and most of us jumped on alts or were trying experimental specs or w/e lulzy stuff.

most of the night we farmed camps in GoM, tryingto stay one step ahead of GoM’s zerg, but a few times they caught us by surprise. we also ninja capped one tower then tried ot ninja cap another but the zerg showed up too soon.

anyways there’s at least one fight in the video i think we could’ve won (maybe eh…) if the zerg had rendered fully. i think like half the fight it looked like it was even then suddenly i’m in he middle of a bunch of GoM players.

anyways gf and gg to the guys we fought last night.

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

It has been one heck of a week, and despite the usual banter, I have had such a blast all around, we have one of the closest match ups in NA, hoping we see more of the same next week. So much back and forth, I don’t think AR or BP has gotten a match-up like this since day one, and I think we all deserve it. Great job from all sides, and welcome to the bottom tiers GoM, you guys are a worthy opponent, nice having you aboard.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Hakato.9650

Haha man that was a blast between BP and GoM at the castle. Been so much involved on the offensive it was a blast to be involved on the defensive. Heres some pics haha.

Attachments:

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

It has been one heck of a week, and despite the usual banter, I have had such a blast all around, we have one of the closest match ups in NA, hoping we see more of the same next week. So much back and forth, I don’t think AR or BP has gotten a match-up like this since day one, and I think we all deserve it. Great job from all sides, and welcome to the bottom tiers GoM, you guys are a worthy opponent, nice having you aboard.

yeah been a pretty solid week. my guys are super psyched.

we actualyl scheduled a dungeon run last night, but when the guy who asked for it came on and joined us in wvw it was pretty much a moot point.

in WvW

NeuroActive.4057

Being attacked by Anvil & GoM seperately all morning. Anvil had us pushed back to Gary but we held. GoM seized opportunity & is now pushing the map. Great battles. Proud of Borlis to hold what we got with these #‘s so far. Afternoon crew should be in shortly. Just have to hold out a bit longer, but tuff. Kudo’s to Green & Blue. Had us on ropes all morning.

For the PACT!

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Xanex.1397

Xanex.1397

The fluctuating score has been easy to predict all week. I think the players from each server are in different time zones. I go to bed and we have the map, i wake up and its all gone, then the cycle repeats.

80 Ele/Warrior/Mesmer
Server – Dragonbrand
Guild – DS

in WvW

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Update on the current score.

Attachments:

Location, location, location.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Nice Style Unknown L:P

in WvW

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Nice Style Unknown L:P

Thanks, wish I could use it in combat. :p

Location, location, location.

in WvW

Posted by: Dairius Stillgard.1953

Dairius Stillgard.1953

Ah let me tell you about a skirmish we had last night it was between mostly between HoT from GoM and DoG from AR down at Redlake in the GoM borderlands, you guys rock that was such a blast alot of back and forth and I appreciate the good sportsmanship.
But in the end we defended with all our might and lost the tower it was a long hard well fought battle kudo’s to you
Kaargoth Soulbrand

Commander Kaargoth Soulbrand/LvL 80 Ranger GoM
Harbingerrs Of Tyria guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: Dairius Stillgard.1953

Dairius Stillgard.1953

Seems I can’t edit my post
I was mistaken DOG guild from Borlis Pass is the guild I am refering to

Commander Kaargoth Soulbrand/LvL 80 Ranger GoM
Harbingerrs Of Tyria guild leader

in WvW

Plok.6145

This guy. Lol. Why are you always so paranoid, Plok? We took SM from GOM, then herded the GOATs from our borderlands until most of you went back to EB. Is AR really to blame for wanting to fight still after the epic battles we had all day? You guys got tired. Not our fault. Nice job on taking SM by the time we got back from sweeping y’all out of AR Borderlands by the way, that was some good coordination. No, I’m not being sarcastic. That was a good move. I just hope that we keep the little numbers boost Mad King going away gave us. Its the first time I’ve had to queue for EB in a long time.

Great battles all around, GOM and BP. I really hope both of you guys stay for the next matchup, this one has been the closest and most fun I’ve seen since release, the Pact camping shenanigans aside.

Only had like nine of us. Was just glad it was enough to cause the disruption we did.

Paranoid? Me? Nah, I’m from NY, I give people a hard time, they just don’t get that it’s trolling most of the time.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Plok Really?? You … trolling??? There is no way Borlis or Anvil cannot be absolutely loving this weeks Wv3. It’s about time we got a third that didn’t roll through and destroy us both.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

lol Hakato… I was part of that GoM assault on SM. I remember we had a fairly easy time breeching both walls, then we just got SLAMMED in that hallway.

Good defensive stand.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Folks .

It would be a good idea to start putting together a list of Guild tags per realm. This should help us , see who is all involved and allow new WvW folks to see who they can contact for some WvW action.

So Please post here your Guild TAG and server you represent and I’ll compile a list for next weeks matchup thread.

Just the ones off the top of my head

Anvil Rock-
WAR
TCMM
BG
ALS

Borlis Pass-
GOAT
SBZY
DOG
SOUL
FIST
KREW
CORE
HoM

Gates of Madness-
UBEC

Lets build up this list so we can start to build a tight Wv3 community here.

-K

-K

(edited by Kodiack.2783)

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

GoM within 9k and prime time is just getting started.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

add HoM to the list. although we are a s/c pvx guild, we have guys in wvw nightly.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

lead down to 7k oh and PLOK. the more you talk smack. the less encouraged we are to attack GoM homelands.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Evalana.5480

FU New Builds!! This is getting soooo old.

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Actual Anvil chat – “Where are we at?”
Anvil chat in the mind of Plok – “Quick, everyone attack Plok, he is far too mighty for just one server to take down.”
How often does a GoM or an AR complain when they get squeezed between the other 2 servers? Sounds like someone thinks a little too highly of themselves. But that’s fine because you are in fact getting double teamed Plok, and so is Anvil, and so is GoM. If there were 4 servers, gasp, you would be getting triple teamed. Imagine if there were five servers, well you do the math.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

We lost 3 golems on reset night due to a new build restart. Then again tonight we lost another 5 golems about to take a keep which at the time held an orb. Can we please be given a heads up on when you plan to do stuff like this. Its discouraging when you lose golems due to a new build reset.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

@Razzer Fel, nice clashing with you guys yesterday. I lead the assault in taking SM from BP. it took us quite some time but eventually ripped off your defenses on that room.

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

lead back up to 8- 9 k

Attachments:

-K