10 Million Karma (10MK) for a legendary...?

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

does that sound reasonable?
as we all know karma is pretty much useless, but what if we could buy legend weapons with it, how much do you think they would be worth?
or what if we could exchange karma into currency like gems or gold/silver etc.. I am getting close to 1MK, and to be honest I dont know what to do with it
how much Karma do You have?

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

less then a million here.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I have like 90k karma. (I’ve spent several hundred thousand though)

Some of the cultural weapons are pretty cool, so I spend it on them.
Sometimes I just buy kitten I don’t need because I feel like spending karma.

I had bought a set of karma armor some time ago when I was new to the game and since abandoned it.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteries.3659

Mysteries.3659

You can flip it to gold with a little investment. There’s threads about this. Look around the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

actually you could use karma to exchange exotic armor from the temples and turn 4 of them(which are soulbound) into unbound exotic armor to sell on TP.

If you have 10 million Karma thats worth around 77 gold.

I haven’t done this myself but this is just an example.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

You can flip it to gold with a little investment. There’s threads about this. Look around the forums.

Isn’t this what got a bunch of people banned right after launch?

I believe ANet their idea with Karma was to create a third kind of currency that was in no way shape or form bound to gold/gems. If they did link Karma to gold/gems they would actually be hurting their own income, which I think they don’t like.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

about 350k karma after buying a whole set of karma gear, 4 T3 cultural weapons and some smaller things.

/edit: Also have about 200k karma in items (jugs etc) stored in my bank.

As far as i know, there was some kind of bug that made certain items cost far less karma than they should cost. Making money due to this is exploiting.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

about 350k karma after buying a whole set of karma gear, 4 T3 cultural weapons and some smaller things.

As far as i know, there was some kind of bug that made certain items cost far less karma than they should cost. Making money due to this is exploiting.

After those bans ANet however made it sufficiently clear that Karma should in no way, shape or form be able to be turned into gold. Kripparian made a video about his ban (doing the aforementioned cheap karma item thingy and making 8 gold) and the aftermath of the ban where he explained he got a call from a big shot at ANet telling him ANet intended Karma to be a completely seperate currency in no way bound to gold or gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

I got 2+ mill karma on one character, and 1+ mill on another just by doing WvW. As a WvW player I would like to be able to spend my karma on something usefull for WvW ( Camp / keep upgrades or something. If not, then Anet should simply remove the Karma gains from WvW, since they are useless to us )

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I would think 1-2 million, tops. Timewise I think you could make your legendary in less time than it would take to make 1 million karma.

10 million karma doesn’t make any sense. That’s way more expensive, time-wise, than any other method.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

I would think 1-2 million, tops. Timewise I think you could make your legendary in less time than it would take to make 1 million karma.

Orli? I wonder how you acquire those obsidian shards… (Inb4 fractal relics)

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I imagine you will need to buy a crafting piece with karma and another with badges to make a piece of ascended gear in the forge. So I would stop wasting it if I was you.

Tbh I think a legenadary would be worth 2.5 million Karma if you could buy it that way. This would take people 6 months to a year of hoarding karma. Its supposed to be a long term goal.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

(edited by Relentliss.2170)