100% Problem with WvW Development

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Sending mail to everyone and putting up a poll for everyone to vote who don’t participate or care about whats being voted on.

Good Example of failure. A___T you ask people do they want desert BL and over 50% people voted for it. Where are those 60-70% people now?

Answer is they never existed to begin with, becasue while the overall all majority of people that really cared voted no. People that don’t even care get to choose.

As of a result of you trying to be inclusive to people that don’t need to be included becasue they don’t even play the game mode you ruin the game.

Same with Cannons repair hammers all of the other stuff.

Take advice from me now. If it sounds like game breaking or not fun like desert bl and cannons. Chances are the people who are going to have to live with those consequences don’t want it.

So stop asking people for their opinion that have no opinion to give.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I agree with this ^ .

in WvW

Posted by: SKDeadeye.6394

SKDeadeye.6394

I voted for dbl. I play WvW everyday. Does my opinion count? Or only the ones that align with yours…

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

You can have your opinion. He didn’t take that away from you. But honestly, where do you see that majority that wanted desert bl?
Desert borderland is the map in the matches that almost never has a queue on any server. It’s so empty that gvg guilds decide to go there.
If there was a majority of players that like desert bl then the map would not be outmanned on most servers when 15-20 players switch to that map.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

I voted for Desert BL. I play Desert BL. It is a map better suited to small scale fighting, havocing and roaming. It is used by a lot of players for just that reason.

People voted for it to allow for those forms of game play, not necessarily for themselves to play but because they were aware that the WvW population is more diverse then just their own play style.

Just because something doesn’t suit your preferred game play doesn’t mean it isn’t what others wanted and use. It’s one map, if you don’t like it it’s easy to avoid.

I have to agree though that canons and repair hammers were very bad ideas…

FA [CC]

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I voted for DBL. I prefer Alpine but I also want variety. DBL has its good points – taking defended keeps there, especially the Earth Keep (Garri) makes for some amazing battles.

I’d vote for four entirely different maps if we had the option. Variety over “balance” any day.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

i voted for Desert BL to retain.
i want variety, i hate stagnation
stagnation leads to boredom

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

For sure the majority of people playing prefer to attack doors and run away when there’s people to fight. So I can believe that most people voted for it. Same way they all stacked on one single NA server. Everyone stacked on a single warhammer server before they finally shut that game down too.

GW2 has a huge PvE pop tho so it will be going for years to come.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I like dbl and i want to keep it. just needs to have another wp for each server to get around better.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Just because there’s no queue on dbl doesn’t mean people dont like it. People tend to follow their commanders and the commanders usually go to places where thereare fights.
That aside I’ve seen queues on dbl plöenty of times.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Sending mail to everyone and putting up a poll for everyone to vote who don’t participate or care about whats being voted on.

Good Example of failure. A___T you ask people do they want desert BL and over 50% people voted for it. Where are those 60-70% people now?

Answer is they never existed to begin with, becasue while the overall all majority of people that really cared voted no. People that don’t even care get to choose.

As of a result of you trying to be inclusive to people that don’t need to be included becasue they don’t even play the game mode you ruin the game.

Same with Cannons repair hammers all of the other stuff.

Take advice from me now. If it sounds like game breaking or not fun like desert bl and cannons. Chances are the people who are going to have to live with those consequences don’t want it.

So stop asking people for their opinion that have no opinion to give.

From a dev… “Nearly every player that voted, plays WvW at least somewhat regularly.”… and I’m sure that could be applied to all polls.

You only get a mail when you rank up and need to be at least rank 10.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Swagger, you can also access it through the sticky they put in when a poll is up. No rank up needed at all to vote.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Have we ever been asked to vote on keeping Desert Borderlands?

If I recall correctly the poll asked whether DBL should be used in rotation with Alpine, or 2 DBL and 1 Alpine, or 2 Alpine and 1 DBL.
The 2 Alpine and 1 DBL option was the most voted for combination.

I do not remember an option to refuse Desert Borderlands, so it would be inaccurate to say that players voted to keep it. Or has there been a different poll that I missed?

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

If I recall correctly the poll asked whether DBL should be used in rotation with Alpine, or 2 DBL and 1 Alpine, or 2 Alpine and 1 DBL.

I do not remember an option to refuse Desert Borderlands, so it would be inaccurate to say that players voted to keep it. Or has there been a different poll that I missed?

I dont remember being asked if i wanted them to develop HOT and make my guardian a dh and so on i would much rather have the game as it was before. also i dont recall being asked between any other wvw change or wvw class balance wich is way more impprtant for most people. so just accept that they do what they want and dont give a F… about the reall issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Swagger, you can also access it through the sticky they put in when a poll is up. No rank up needed at all to vote.

Sure, but they looked at the numbers and gave a clear statement on the types of voters. I’m sure the margin of error (troll votes) is pretty low and inconsequential.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

We did actually.

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

65.5% No: The Desert Borderland map should continue to be supported.
34.5% Yes: The Desert Borderland map should be permanently disabled.

This means that the Desert Borderlands map will continue to be supported. Next, the Mixed Borderlands poll will be re-run to determine how the Desert Borderlands map will re-enter play. Thank you to everyone who voted!

It barely won. If I remember correctly (it needed an arbitrary 65% to win). There was a lot of outcry here about the state of the map. Soon after the fixes removing the event in the center done as well as the haybales.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Thanks Eval – I missed that poll then.

I don’t mind the DBL so it’s not a big issue for me, but I’m aware others have different opinions. From your quote it looks like the vote was a fair chance to keep the map or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I remember that poll and yes I voted along with many other wvw players. While I agreed with most the desert map had many issues I didn’t want to see all that work completely trashed. Some things about it were very cool, while others were very frustrating. Like having to jump then face plant to go to the armor repair guy because the modeling Dev couldn’t be bothered to put stairs by the WP…Now that was a jerk design if ever there was one!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Oh yes bring this up again, because the desert bl is really the worse problem for wvw these days.. >..>

P.S it took over a month of back and forth polls to finally settle that dbl issue, it’s been resolved, let it go and move on already.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Sure, but they looked at the numbers and gave a clear statement on the types of voters. I’m sure the margin of error (troll votes) is pretty low and inconsequential.

You have got to be the most gullible person on these forums, if Anet told you they accomplished world peace I’m sure you wouldn’t even question it, you would just blindly believe and insist it is the truth because Anet told you so.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalibri.5861

Kalibri.5861

Personally I like the desert borderland more than the alpine borderland, and I play WvW quite a bit. It’s a far more varied experience. Alpine is flat and stale to me.

Desert does have issues with travel, but overall I find the map way more fun to play. I hope they address some of the speed issues, and also that they create more new maps for WvW. Things will improve as the designers get more experience and feedback.

Keep it up Tirzah, and all of the rest of the WvW design team. =)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Things will improve as the designers get more experience and feedback.

lol

good one

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Things will improve as the designers get more experience and feedback.

lol

good one

lol yep we tried that and tyler was actually communicative and tried versus the silence we get now and repair/portable cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

I voted for DB bl, I play on DB bl almost every night.

Variety is good.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I voted no, and rarely go there as I dislike it very much.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The 100% Problem with WvW Development is that;

• there is barely any of it, and
  • the developers aren’t prepared to spend time learning about it
  • so they don’t know why players enjoy it
  • so they don’t improve it the way players want it to be improved

It all comes down to a misallocation of resources by the guy at the top…

… and that’s Mike. Sorry Mike.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It’s hard to say what they know or don’t know when the people who write the actual code are not the ones who decide the direction of the game.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I voted no but honestly, I like DBL for roaming. It’s great for kiting, ranged combat and I don’t expect to get heavily outnumbered every 5 minutes.

It’s less active than EBG and Alpine so many of the fights I have are 1v1/2’s or chasing down small groups of 10< as they PvD things.

I understand the hate for the map, I wasn’t pleased with it being voted in and hated it at first as well. But as time has gone on, I’ve come to enjoy it. Not nearly as much as EBG but to be honest, I think I like it better than Alpine.

The issue I have with it is that it’s always the red team that gets it. I would have preferred it if all borderland maps rotated every week/second week from Alpine to Desert but that wasn’t the option we were given to vote for.

I won’t be heartbroken if it gets voted out completely some time in the future but I do wish more people would give it a chance. For ranged classes especially, it’s an amazing map for stalking and sniping. I have a field day there on my Ranger pelting people from hills and walls and watching them struggle to reach me before they die :P.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It’s hard to say what they know or don’t know when the people who write the actual code are not the ones who decide the direction of the game.

That’s a fair comment, I am simply basing my comment on developer posts … I mean, it’s not as if they can’t respond or even be proactive on the forum themselves. I believe it reasonable to take their lack of interaction for a lack of interest.

I am very happy to discover that the devs are communicating on Reddit, but I don’t think this is well known. Here is the latest thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5e6uxb/a_crack_in_the_ice_devs_here_ask_us_anything/?st=iwjfo5x6&sh=e63636a9

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I voted for the dessert borderland most of my guild did. We loved the dbl the only time we don’t play it much is when our server has it for the week. That is only because we own everything so we can’t do much. The desert borderland is great for havok and roaming. Its not just my guild that enjoys the dbl a lot of my server does as well. They also made it a while back to be told about the polls you have to rank up in WvW meaning you have to be kind of activd. Not everyone gets told about the polls because of this it is mostly WvW that know about them or PvE people that WvW people tell.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella