11/16/12 : GOM - AR - BP (updated)

in WvW

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

Wanted to get a fresh thread out there for this repeat match-up.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen. I like the battles between BP and GOM. AR, I have seen some intelligent attacks out of you as well. Let’s keep this fun and engaging. At the end of the day, our 3 servers are lacking in basic fundamentals. There are pockets of greatness and leaders worth listening to on all 3 servers. It takes the server as a team to come together to move up in tier.

Ronny raygun, I look forward to pummeling your skull into the earth with my new hammer. I’m gunning for you son : ).

Darksavage, good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: Evisceration.8107

Evisceration.8107

How many weeks in a row do we have to fight the same stupid worlds? Is this normal?

(edited by Evisceration.8107)

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Don’t worry, AR and BP decided they were sick of us (as in spawn camping with siege in the first 5 min, you know who you are). If this keeps us, we will probably be in a lower tier next week.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Don’t worry, AR and BP decided they were sick of us (as in spawn camping with siege in the first 5 min, you know who you are). If this keeps us, we will probably be in a lower tier next week.

obviously they’re afraid judging from that and what’s going on. strength and honor, GoM.
EDIT: i recall BP calling us a zerg server wednesday.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Nalivan.6451

Nalivan.6451

Wait, do you not even look at the map?!?! We have had a blockade up stopping AR for over 2 times longer then we had one up for you. Thanks for the badges though, i appreciate it!

Nalivan leader of [VNG]
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Hey BP! Real classy of you spawn camping our spawn. Look up the definition of sportsmanship…you seem to have forgotten.

in WvW

Posted by: Krave.5296

Krave.5296

Hey BP! Real classy of you spawn camping our spawn. Look up the definition of sportsmanship…you seem to have forgotten.

Look up how to win the game then talk, Or look at your selfs for doing it to us befor. Lest we are smart enough to work out of things like that…

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Some of BP’s new inhabitants have learned the “spawn” camp from being “spawn” camped themselves (hint Kaineng transfers). They’ve also learned some other stuff from down there that’s been helping BP get it together. Unfortunately for them, some of my crew moved into AR for last week trying to help folks out with some new things to do. All around though, hoping for another epic battle this week. I’m in hopes that even though there is this weekend event, that AR brings it this week and takes that 2nd place slot back over.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Yawn
Here we go again! Anyone got current scores?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Just a note for those that are a little less informed on things.

This match up will continue for at least 1 more week, likely 2.

check this link for reference: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

The most likely scenario.

This match continues for another two weeks.

Devona’s rest is gaining about 30-40 points a week on the 21st spot. It would require that Devona wins and AR keep coming in 3rd. With 189 points to make up, you are looking at another month at the current rate.

Borlis Pass has the same problem, they are 140 points behind the 18th spot while only making up about 40-50 points a week. That puts them out 3 weeks before they can even be close enough to move out of this tier.

The most likely outcome is that Eredon Terrace falls into our tier in 2-3 weeks. They have been losing real bad , 140 points each week. Now if things work out really well, they can drop down here next week, possibly in two depending on how they do in their new tier.

We also looking at HoD possibly dropping down here , however they seem to be a bit better off they ET is and may take a bit longer to drop to this tier.

Bottom line, we’re stuck with each other for at least this week and possibly another.

Enjoy.

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

shesh, was fighting out in AR tonight, my 10 man group managed to flip a few towers/depos, knock down a castle door. but my goodness, AR had so many defending their lands. We had some good fights AR. outside Bay, we ran into 3 other guild groups, in 3 waves. was a long fight, shocked we came out on top against those back to back waves.
Eventually, AR won their lake, and kicked us the heck out!

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Yeah, we really didn’t want to let go. For some reason GoM seemed interested in us as well even though you guys had most of their lands lol.

The guys have been doing well at this time seeing as we cant seem to find a commander in this timeslot.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

BP will leave this bracket next week so long as we don’t lose by a very large margin. ET is dropping like a stone, and so is HoD, this pushes everyone up.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

BP will leave this bracket next week so long as we don’t lose by a very large margin. ET is dropping like a stone, and so is HoD, this pushes everyone up.

you might have to worry about that if GoM only had to deal with BP instead of both BP and AR at the same time.
fear is a weakness.

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

It is really unfair to start throwing things out there you hope to be true. Sorry, a blockade for strategic reasons IS NOT SPAWN CAMPING! Get over it. There are three exits to every spawn. Learn them. The only “Numbers” we have noticed added to the roster of BP is [WAR] and they just do their own thing anyway, have no engagement in the server plans for the week. This is the same guilds week to week, working out a plan, executing a plan. GOAT SBZY KREW CORE SOUL BURN BP DKZ and Others. Stop the pipe dreams, in every single match up, we have started with a significant lead due to what we planned to do, holding it has been a week to week issue.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Khronus.8370

I didn’t create this thread to here kids crying about pointless things. I expect much more out of GOM players than complaining about being spawn camped. Take a look at ANY game EVER created that has a SPAWN AREA. There is spawn camping and there always will be. When I set up ballistas and arrow carts in front of the enemies spawn, you will be right there with me killing them. There is no sportsmanship in WAR. Kill your enemy and kill them again. Once you own the entire map, you have nothing else to do but leave to a new zone or defend. GUESS WHAT!?!? They are defending their home by keeping you in yours.

Not to mention, you do not have to go straight out to the tower. There are two magical paths that lead you to 2 DIFFERENT supply camps. Learn them.

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I didn’t create this thread to here kids crying about pointless things. I expect much more out of GOM players than complaining about being spawn camped. Take a look at ANY game EVER created that has a SPAWN AREA. There is spawn camping and there always will be. When I set up ballistas and arrow carts in front of the enemies spawn, you will be right there with me killing them. There is no sportsmanship in WAR. Kill your enemy and kill them again. Once you own the entire map, you have nothing else to do but leave to a new zone or defend. GUESS WHAT!?!? They are defending their home by keeping you in yours.

Not to mention, you do not have to go straight out to the tower. There are two magical paths that lead you to 2 DIFFERENT supply camps. Learn them.

i guess it’s strategic to keep the biggest threat in their spawn. other than that i see no point to it. besides khronus, if that kind of thing keeps happening you should take pride in being that threat, yeah?

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

personally im on Gom i thought it was half smart, it will never work on any other server though. the only reason is worked on Gom is because of the useless event. oh shiny trinket!!!! was 10 vs 30 sbzy. don’t expect a battle this week guys. gom has to use pve people in wvw. we don’t have the numbers (they left) and though we have tried to recruit more guys we always get the statement gates of hackers/ect..

*note: when i say pve people it is not meant to degrade. it simply means you would rather do an event. dungeon over wvw. nothing wrong with that.
Don’t worry though ill still hack you down

in WvW

Khronus.8370

OK I’ve never heard of the gates of hackers statement. Plus, if you take a look at some of the TOP servers in WVW, those are the ones that were hacking to win the early matches. Hacking = easy wins. We are second to last tier.

Yes, we have a major lack in players, however I don’t see anyone else attempting to recruit for our servers. I have posted recruitment on forums, sent private messages to players/guild leaders letting them know about what awaits them in the GOM server and how much some of us are trying to turn things around. I’ve had luck but on a smaller scale than we need.

At the end of the day, the basic aspect to take a look at is that ALL 3 of these servers are lacking in more than one way. We all need players, we all need a better fundamental WVW structure, and we all need players wanting to work FOR their server. We are all in this tier for a reason and very few of us are working our kitten off to fix it. The thought runs through my head every single day I am in WVW to transfer. That thought is quickly dismissed as I look around at my guildmates and realize that they are here for me as much as I am there for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

ack!!.. looks like Borlis got even more transfers. Didnt think their zerg could get any larger than it has been.

Ah well, knew this system was still completely flawed. back to crap matches i guess

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

The only “Numbers” we have noticed added to the roster of BP is [WAR] and they just do their own thing anyway, have no engagement in the server plans for the week. This is the same guilds week to week, working out a plan, executing a plan. GOAT SBZY KREW CORE SOUL BURN BP DKZ and Others.

It’s not that we do our own thing, we just don’t run with the “main” force. When a request is made, we respond(you might not see a response in /t chat, but you will see our command dot(when his active) move towards requested area.

Yes, we do not take part, or know of any server plans, we tend to go where the fight is. If a zone is not in our color, we will hit it. very simple =). The server might have a feud war with AR and that is why you might have been in their borderlands. We tend to just pick a random color, and thats who we decided to hit for the reset.

Now, what i recall from the friday night reset is simple. 5 commander dots were in Anvils Borderlands. 4 of those dots, stayed together. and tried for about 2 hours to take briar tower. 1 of those commander dots, entered the zone, saw all those dots fighting at 1 tower, and went the total opposite direction to the north. Took 4 upgraded supply camps(choking their resources), and took down and held 2 towers, all before those 4 command dots to the south, were able to take briar.

Not saying you guys didn’t have an easy task, you were constantly facing against the AR zerg. And doing a fine job keeping them very distracted, while we went off, and took objectives to help generate points for our realm.

Also, we stayed in AR, til we were the only command dot left in the lake, holding/farming from refuge against insane AR numbers. So maybe your list of guilds made the choice to abandon the AR borderlands early, which is totally fine, but to suggest that [WAR] is just doing our own thing? is silly.

There are many tactics that work very well in this game. And yes, 1 large massive army is one of them. When i randomly decide to turn on the [WAR] command(when there is none in the zone i port into) the pugs do follow, and we do engage the enemy. That’s whats very great about this server, it has many willing players, that are willing to follow the command dot. Servers need that, leaders need that.

But i also understand the value, the very important value of the small man groups. Those are the groups that while they are hidden in the shadows, they are taking an active role, in a small way that helps the bigger picture.

How i manage the power pugs, is by having them focus on major objectives. Upgraded Towers/Keeps, ignoring keeps that have no upgrades on them, because why should i waste the time of a powerful massive player army on a poorly upgraded tower/depo, that any small man group can easily take, when my massive army engages on some larger targets, and keeps the main enemy force distracted?

Anywho, Friday night was fun in the land of AR!

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

• cries reading Khronus’ post *
Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

• cries reading Khronus’ post *

cries looking at your BL go fight AR now.

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

LOL, I wasn’t being ironic. I thought Khronus’ post was a great one.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

scores are getting closer

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

scores are getting closer

‘xxx is busting out some moves, some sweet dance moves’
haven’t seen taht since beta

in WvW

Posted by: Asilithiel.7928

Asilithiel.7928

On the topic of spawn camping — I thought GOM had a really nice setup last week when we blocked BP into their border keep, while a much smaller group of ours retook their structures. It didn’t start out as a plan, but we happened to have both the numbers to hold them in for a while, and the roaming team(s) who were able to do the back captures. It was pretty cool when it actually worked.

I’m looking forward to learning more tactics “the hard way” in WvW. I’ve never seriously considered transferring to a higher bracket — I like having no queue time, and the ability to make mistakes from time to time (or a lot!) without getting completely stomped for it..

Khronus, have you thought about putting together a GOM alliance for folks whose guilds do a fair amount of WvW? If they work like alliances in DAOC, the ability to chat with folks not in your current map could be pretty useful.

in WvW

Posted by: Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Great work to everyone on GoM tonight. Keep this up, all you other commanders out there. We hit 2nd tonight, now lets continue the climb.
My guild has had a blast this morning holding the land we did in BP, and an even better time giving you guys over at AR borderlands a headache we hope you won’t soon forget Great job to AR defending Bay the way they did, though. Lucky most of our members had fallen asleep at their computers!
Special thanks to all the guilds that collaborated with the [Áí] guild tonight. Teamwork. That’s what I like to see for GoM!

Attachments:

Art of Stealth [AoS]- Gate of Madness
Saint Nsidious (Warrior)-Insidious Xx (Necromancer)

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

these videos are from just before the reset. we were actually in there to warm up and get drunker for when the servers rolled over, but we ended up taking a break just befor ethe very late reset and then everyone ended up doing fotm because it’s several factors more rewarding for gold and stats than absolutely anything else.

my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfKIUOZkSI

pergonia’s video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba4YTpjxmwk&feature=g-all-u

special shout out to ERIC KENPACHI!!!!!!!!! who is the feircest warrior in all of borlis pass. even at level 18 he knows no fear, and dives headlong into any threat of any size and power without regards for his own safety. he mans catapults that were drunkenly placed inside enemy arrow cart range, he doubel checks that every enemy player is doubel dead with several swings of his sword. w/e guild lands ERIC KENAPCHI will surely become legendary in this game!

anyways i doubt i will do many more videos. i am tired of spending all my pvp sessions primarly juggling groups and other stuff that i haven’t had to in an mmo in 8 years thanks to basic raid group functionality. pergonia is gone home for thanks giving. my guild still has guys doing wvw every day though, but i know alot of them are focusing more time on getting ascended gear towards wvw.

thanks to all my bp and ar bros for making wvw so much fun over the past month or two.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

Borlis Pass too strong. Nerf Eric Kenpachi!

-Derako

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

I, for one, am very proud that we are the closest matched Tier. Keep up the good work everyone and give no quarter!

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

(edited by CornChips.5392)

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

Great work to everyone on GoM tonight. Keep this up, all you other commanders out there. We hit 2nd tonight, now lets continue the climb.
My guild has had a blast this morning holding the land we did in BP, and an even better time giving you guys over at AR borderlands a headache we hope you won’t soon forget Great job to AR defending Bay the way they did, though. Lucky most of our members had fallen asleep at their computers!
Special thanks to all the guilds that collaborated with the [Áí] guild tonight. Teamwork. That’s what I like to see for GoM!

We reached 2nd before i logged out yesterday, good thing you guys were able to maintain the scores! great job GoM!

Btw Nsidiously, I think we need to have a meeting again. Just updates and stuff.

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Gates of Madness struggling in Tier 7. Lol nice work.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

As if the tiers mean anything, people in high tiers are there from the random guild transfers and oceanic zergs, we’re having fun in a competetive matchup.

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Seems like AR has picked their game up. Nice job ya’ll.
But is having a large zerg on 2 maps really needed?

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

And on another note, is there a reason you kids on BP are trying to mess with us? You guys should be hitting AR, cutting their point income. They took your lead, not us.

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Anvil Rock in first?! Must be due to transfers…! :P

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Congrats to AR. That said I’ve lost a lot of respect for you kids…
When we took 2nd last night, we did so without a zerg. There was a zerg going on EB, but on BP, Anvil, and GoM, we had smaller strike teams. Rethink your tactics. Zerging has its uses but its pathetic when thats all we here at GoM ever see of you.

(edited by Nsidiously iNsane.8195)

in WvW

Arcxander.9836

Nice! AR is picking up the pace this week. This Tier is really full of surprises.

Jofp

in WvW

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

I am eager to see the day when a majority of WvW is won by tactics and strategy and not by simply seeing who can muster up the zergiest zerg that out zergs the other zergy zerg.

Attachments:

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

When we took 2nd last night, we did so without a zerg. There was a zerg going on EB, but on BP, Anvil, and GoM, we had smaller strike teams. Rethink your tactics. Zerging has its uses but its pathetic when thats all we here at GoM ever see of you.

If all you ever see is the Zerg ball then things are going right. It’s what you don’t see that should worry you mwahahahaha

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Funny. I know for most of the day in EB we have been outmanned, and still were holding our own for most of the day there. Don’t really know whats going on in the BL’s. Running a few 5 man tower defenses out there. Definitely a zerg taking SM, but then again, there were 3 different colored “zergs” in that castle.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

If all you ever see is the Zerg ball then things are going right. It’s what you don’t see that should worry you mwahahahaha

Cute, but you and I both know AR try to keep 20 or so defending while the rest of you zerg down the other maps. Dropping 4 rams at each tower gate, regardless of it being upgraded or not. Keep it up though and you guys can go up a tier! Once GoM gets the leadership a bit more established.. Well, I can’t speak for the server but [Áí] I know will be coming for you!
Also what is it with the [TCMM], [War], and [xxxx] players constantly trying to 1v1 or 2v2 the [Áí] guild? Do you guys have a hard on for us? trololo

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Every server has a zerg and pointing fingers to oooohhh you have a zerg and you’re pwning us….and then adding “I lost respect” is just the pot calling the kettle black. Just get that zerg you guys have and zerg the zerg……or take a long walk off a short pier.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Funny. I know for most of the day in EB we have been outmanned, and still were holding our own for most of the day there. Don’t really know whats going on in the BL’s. Running a few 5 man tower defenses out there. Definitely a zerg taking SM, but then again, there were 3 different colored “zergs” in that castle.

EB is where the PUGS tend to go, because its different and more fun. Your organized zergs are bouncing between the 3 borderlands. Consider yourself “in the loop”

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Every server has a zerg and pointing fingers to oooohhh you have a zerg and you’re pwning us….and then adding “I lost respect” is just the pot calling the kettle black. Just get that zerg you guys have and zerg the zerg……or take a long walk off a short pier.

Facts are facts. I’ve yet to see/hear of a small AR group inc. All I see/hear is AR ZERG inbound. I’m not hating on zergs itself, but when thats the only thing a server seems to be capable of doing… Makes me a sad panda.
I’ve seen had the pleasure of scrimming 2 of your smaller groups so far, though. Gotta say.. You have some really shiesty thieves

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

Yeah it sucks that we didn’t have a gigantic alliance and a ton of random guilds across multiple servers transfer to us to make the game a joke.The one time GoM and Sea of Sorrows were actually in the same bracket, we both got destroyed by a zergy Tarnished Coast within 2 days.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Oh so you mean zerging like this … yeah just because you don’t see smaller groups, doesn’t mean they aren’t out there. Newsflash all three servers do it. Consider yourself in the loop.

Attachments:

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Arcxander.9836

Enough with the zerg issues guys. All part of the game.

Lets talk about something else like how AR suddenly wake up after few weeks of being bottom.

Lets hear battle stories from AR’s side

Jofp

in WvW

Posted by: Nalivan.6451

Nalivan.6451

Big respect to SOS on AR. You held that keep well, but you don’t seem to do well vs prolonged sieges. That was fun though, again big props on the defense.

Nalivan leader of [VNG]
Stormbluff Isle