11/16/12 : GOM - AR - BP (updated)

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

Borlis Pass = SoS playground.

nice fighting you guys for your keep through the night, eventually your numbers broke through, but suprisingly 5 of us was able to push you guys out the first time. At one point we managed to get 10 defending, but we lost them through the night.

As promised before this week began, SoS will continue to hit and do operations in BP. You might not want to spend the money to fortify anything, I will make sure it goes down again like the last 3 times i’ve lead an operation there.

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

I have seen TCMM/WAR in our borderlands alot more then SOS so far. Again giving all credit to you and your guild and not your server…..lol

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

(edited by Hadan.2841)

in WvW

Godfather.8217

@hadan

This isn’t about AR vs BP, it’s about SoS vs BP. I told ya guys before the week, we are gonna play in your backyard. Maybe your not on to fight us hadan, but I can assure you we are there. I mean who do you think has been constantly owning your hills keep and protecting it :P

in WvW

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

First, AR needs to shut up about zerging. They do it all the time, and more than BP or GoM for the times that I am on. Next, AR better enjoy this week, because it appears that BP and GoM have cashed it in. BP isn’t even trying from what I am seeing.

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

i’ve seen some BP ppl in the EB JP room most just love killing lol with a Cart. by the way GoM i would give you a /lick but that emote won’t work in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

First, AR needs to shut up about zerging. They do it all the time, and more than BP or GoM for the times that I am on. Next, AR better enjoy this week, because it appears that BP and GoM have cashed it in. BP isn’t even trying from what I am seeing.

c’mon man. Everyone knows that this is going to be a weird week in Wv3. Starts off with a hug PvE event and ends with a 2 day holiday. Nobody in Anvil Rock is chest thumping about the score. relax.

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

I was thinking either….most people are doing the PvE stuff this week (like our guild has been mostly) or that the impeding holiday has most people travelling about the country (world if the case is and they follow turkey day) leaving those on AR with a blessing this week. Of course I also thought we had to have had some transfers in…but that’s probably wishful thinking at this point.

Last time I looked at the score yesterday we were losing (AR). I checked late last night and saw a 500 point lead. This morning I noticed were were getting quite ahead, but still not a “perma” win. Either of the other two servers could easily take the win this week if they got into the program and started pounding our stuff out.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Calm down man,

Every server zerg the other, it happens all the time. Last week we didn’t have the number, this week we have it. (because BP and GoM are doing the pve even? not sure.)

I don’t like Zerg, be it from my zerg or from the ennemy server. Fight are laggy, you can’t kill anything or you instant die.

But yesterday, An AR alliance ran a Zerg in very border land. And it was a lot more efficient then usual. I was bored so I went with them. Been a long time since I had a group with seemly infinite blueprint of siege weapon, claiming location so we get +5 supply bonus, and going on really fast.

It was a crazy Zerg train, and that’s what gave us the lead position.

I’m happy for our server, because maybe we might not finish last. But I agree that we are using the same Zerging strategy that BP and GoM used during the other weeks.

That’s how WvW is designed, everything is in favor of the zerg.

Downed state, Culling, AoE cap limit, small map.

We have to go with the flow.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

You have to admit, all three servers have people that complain about zergs, I try not to complain about the issue. Your group has considerably more players in it, good for you.

Everyone in the match up knew this was going to be a different week because of the holiday and events. I haven’t seen anyone from AR say that we are winning due to superior strategy and skill (by the way I still laugh when I see that one). Most of the AR population is doing exactly what I always see them doing, but with the changes in numbers over current events, it just so happens we somehow got into the lead. You should have seen map chat when it happened, people were in shock that we managed to edge out ahead.

Does this mean the AR population thinks this is a sure thing? No. We have played GoM for a little while now, and BP for forever it seems. We are all aware that you have the numbers and ability required to come out on top, and I think that’s what makes our match ups as dynamic as they have been.

I for one have been rolled over by 30+ players solo more times than I count, and I don’t run to the forums and complain about it, it’s part of Wv3 that isn’t going to change in it’s current state.

That being said, I have had some really great fights with both GoM and BP over the last several weeks, and look forward to more.

Oh and AR is winning due to superior strategy and more skilled players.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Oh and AR is winning due to superior strategy and more skilled players.

Loled at this one

I will concure, AR winning right now is only because of number. I don’t think we changed anything, we didn’t recrute.

We simply have more people due to the other server doing PvE Event.

We will see when normal population come back during the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

I just want to congratulate you on your ability to 10 vs 1 a level 3 Ele in the EB jumping Puzzle. I mean, i walked past you guys with the intent to just do the jumping puzzle but clearly your might had to be shown. I really was impressed with how fast you took me out and proceeded to T-Bag my little Asuran face.

Glad to see PvP etiquette hasn’t evolved past Halo.

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

(edited by Derako.3856)

in WvW

Apocalypse.5239

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

I just want to congratulate you on your ability to 10 vs 1 a level 3 Ele in the EB jumping Puzzle. I mean, i walked past you guys with the intent to just do the jumping puzzle but clearly your might had to be shown. I really was impressed with how fast you took me out and proceeded to T-Bag my little Asuran face.

ya i’ve been killed by them too they love that place. I’m Guessing There that bad in wvw they die to ppl trying to take a camp/tower or keep so they camp the JP. sorry BP we know you got some bad players over there.

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

Hey Derako,

I was doing the puzzle at GoM borderlands last night with my lvl16 mesmer, so I’m at the first key and this AR guy comes (BLTZ guild or something like that). All the while I’m thinking, should I pull him down or wait and see what he does. So he comes, takes the key. I wave at him. He puts a portal, gets his buddies up, and one of his buddies comes and knockes me down. Then they kept chasing and trying to kill me. So yeah, all servers have baddies.

When those guys were gone, a guy from GoM, from your guild, comes and goes past me and waves. I wave back and we do the whole JP together. So yeah, I’m sorry but you’re gonna get that kinda of behavior from every server. Although 10 v 1 I think it’s just silly to attack. 1 person poses no threat to 10.

On the other hand though, tonight we got a WOTA member, from GoM, using the invulnerability exploit. He would get in there, wait til we were gone, start hitting camp and yaks. Then people would get there he would go to the same spot. Over and over again. Lame huh?

Attachments:

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

Hey Derako,

I was doing the puzzle at GoM borderlands last night with my lvl16 mesmer, so I’m at the first key and this AR guy comes (BLTZ guild or something like that). All the while I’m thinking, should I pull him down or wait and see what he does. So he comes, takes the key. I wave at him. He puts a portal, gets his buddies up, and one of his buddies comes and knockes me down. Then they kept chasing and trying to kill me. So yeah, all servers have baddies.

When those guys were gone, a guy from GoM, from your guild, comes and goes past me and waves. I wave back and we do the whole JP together. So yeah, I’m sorry but you’re gonna get that kinda of behavior from every server. Although 10 v 1 I think it’s just silly to attack. 1 person poses no threat to 10.

On the other hand though, tonight we got a WOTA member, from GoM, using the invulnerability exploit. He would get in there, wait til we were gone, start hitting camp and yaks. Then people would get there he would go to the same spot. Over and over again. Lame huh?

I’m so glad [Áí] is making a good impression to different servers. Makes me so proud of our wonderful guys and girls :’)

Art of Stealth [AoS]- Gate of Madness
Saint Nsidious (Warrior)-Insidious Xx (Necromancer)

in WvW

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

I always abide by the unspoken rule about WvW jumping puzzles.

“Don’t attack other people unless they attack first”

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

Please tell everyone how anyone in the other team is supposed to know that you were a level 3 and not a fully decked out level 80. I’d really like to know.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Yeah a few guilds in Borlis Pass have taken to camping the jumping puzzle quite often now. Last week it was [Oath] and [ORL], this week I’ve seen [CS] and a large group of [CORE]. Its a shame really. Its one of the few things that actually annoys me.

That being said this is the first I’ve heard of any organised or group of AR camping the jumping puzzle. Was it just the one guy that attacked you or the whole group of [BLTZ] that attacked? Aside from saber rattling, I find this thread is a good resource to flesh out which guilds are worth respecting and which are trash. But I’ll leave my opinions on that matter out of this for now.

As for the Zerg complaints, I don’t quite see how people complain about it. Its a war, numbers win wars, just look at history. Every server does it and there will never be a point at which it stops happening, because its effective and a viable strategy at the macro level. If you don’t like the zerg, avoid it. They are big enough to see coming and really easy to escape from. Learn to scout ahead and communicate with your teammates. Ask where the zerg is and keep tabs on it so you can plan your raid routes accordingly, its why /t is there. Or just grab a Commander and jump on your own zerg. If 30 guys show up on your doorstep with rams and pitchforks, call it out. You will have about a 2 minute window to reroute allies to help you. After that, get out the back and retreat. it only takes about 10 people to hold a tower from 30 if everyone pitches in and builds seige, not to mention one guy with a well placed arrow cart can slow down a capture by at least a few minutes.

Its been really fun fighting with BP and GOM guys. With the exception of a few guilds I’ve mentioned, You usually handle yourselves honorably and fight like madmen.

Also a quick sidenote to Borlis Pass: Thanks for /laughing and /waving from atop the walls of SM. It gives me just enough time to throw my scorpion wire and drag your smug little kitten right into the waiting daggers of my comrades. Thanks for the free badges.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Well, a few things can key you into if someone is lower level and not a “fully decked out level 80”. The gear someone has is a pretty good indicator of approximate level, and of course the large green arrow by the name is a give away too.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

It’s war. After being ganked countless times by thieves, I find no problem killing any lvl 3 I pass by. I will go out of my way to hunt every last innocent person walking by, and I’ll laugh over your dead body. This excludes guardians, as they’re a bit too tanky to burst down.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

Well, a few things can key you into if someone is lower level and not a “fully decked out level 80”. The gear someone has is a pretty good indicator of approximate level, and of course the large green arrow by the name is a give away too.

The gear is not a good indication of level since gears can be transmuted.

I’ll give you the arrow point. It does indicate that the player is not level 80 yet. And therefore cannot be fully decked out level 80.

in WvW

Posted by: WorseThanMonday.5126

WorseThanMonday.5126

Hey Borlis Pass, [CS]

10v1, I like that. It was actually just me (thief) and a mesmer. I don’t really have anything else to say, just wanted you to have my name if you ever wanted to vent

<3, Charming Scoundrels [CS]

(edited by WorseThanMonday.5126)

in WvW

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

Why do people complain about pvp on a pvp map?

in WvW

Posted by: Lilac.1608

Lilac.1608

Yeah a few guilds in Borlis Pass have taken to camping the jumping puzzle quite often now. Last week it was [Oath] and [ORL], this week I’ve seen [CS] and a large group of [CORE]. Its a shame really. Its one of the few things that actually annoys me.

In response to Rashagal.5867,

Cheers from Borlis Pass. I am the leader of [CORE]. Unless I have misread your post, you are claiming that a large group of my guild members was seen camping the jumping puzzle. I am here to question that claim.

I have asked my guild about this and to my knowledge, my guild does not camp the jump puzzles. In fact, when we run the jump puzzle, 95% of the time, we do not attack any enemy players unless they attack us first. The other 5% consists of misclicks and other errors. The only exception we make to this is that we actively attack enemy players who have set up siege and are manning the siege.

The only reason we move as a group, is defense against campers, we define campers as people who have set up siege and use them against other players. If you have seen a group of us standing around, we are more likely waiting for other guild members to catch up.

Therefore I am not entirely sure what kind of experience you’ve had, but if you could provide a screenshot the next time you see us camping the jump puzzle, and I will be happy to speak to my guild about that.

In fact, from personal experience of running the jump puzzle every day, I have seen more hostile siege than friendly siege. I do not take notice of which server these people are from, because I think it is unfair to point fingers at a server for things that a few people do. Now, I do not have solid evidence to prove this by any means, but I ask for your trust, and by my honor I am not making this up.

I also trust the other 2 servers will not go to the extent of solo attacking a group of us just to die and take a screenshot of that. That would truly be, as some would call it, a lack of class.

I am not trying to start a debate, we can leave the war for the battlegrounds. However I do not particularly enjoy seeing people misunderstand our actions, or make false claims, whichever applies.

May we meet in the battleground some day, and best of luck in game.

Cheers, Lilac

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

My whole thoughts on the WvW JPs are….they shouldn’t be there. One, this gets rid of “they camped me” or “I’m going to camp you”. Two, this will free up WvW active slots for those that would like to actually PVP on the open world versus playing with each other in the JPs. And the big three, the last story arc in the game rewards you with influence and gives you a couple siege blueprints. If number three is given before one experiences WvW, then it’s pretty safe to assume that it would be more than possible to code JPs specifically to drop WvW loots in the regular world.

Above all though, it would free up these forums from mods having to step in and possible remove the whole “cheese and whine” threads caused from just the JPs in WvW alone. Further, if you honestly have to camp people in a JP because you can’t get that 1v1 time you’ve been looking for or you have a problem killing players that are your level (which often they aren’t anyways)…then there’s this game called My Little Pony that would be your cup of tea. Many other servers are capable of showing some respect in the JPs located in WvW….why can’t these three servers show a little sportsmanship in that regard….you’d be amazed at the results of a little JP respect to one another.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Did I misread these posts guys?

I think so, because I read that player are whinning about fighting in Jumping puzzle in WvW.

We are in a war gentleman! There shall be no free siege given and easy influence won without a risk of dying. It’s not a question of respect or sportmanship, we are in WVW!! If the dev wanted us to jump in peace, they would have put it in Orr or they would have set us invul. If they didn’t want siege weapon in these place, they would have disabled them!

This is not a place for waving and dancing around. You want to complete this jumping? Then run for your live, you’ll always have to watch your back and dodge any kind of knockback around. That’s the point of WvW JP, having something else to do with a risk of getting killed. It’s a different kind of “pvp”.

About being killed 10v1 or by a stacked lvl 80 vs a lvl 3 in Jumping puzzle: If I ever meet a zerg outside JP, be sure they will destroy me. 40 vs 1, they will stomp me to the ground, and one after the other they will teabag my face until my tongue has a permanent taste of Earl grey.

This is not different in WvW JP, the same rule apply. You encounter an ennemy group, they kill you. There no rule change because you are jumping around like a bunch of girly baboon.

I will kill every ennemies I encounter in JP, and I want them to do the same to me.

BLTZ, CS, you guys be proud! You are no shame for your server.

Get those jumper down!

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in WvW

Posted by: Darkonus.5196

Darkonus.5196

Hey all. If you’ve met a bursty warrior from Anvil Rock with a Molten Greatsword and a full set of never-changing plate armor, you’ve met me. I’m just here to share my stories and experiences in W3 and maybe get some things off my chest.

I often can’t get on board with any large groups, and often find myself purposely shying away from them. Honestly, I’m one of those 1v1 mentality players everyone hates from WoW and the like, but that’s just because finding the right people to hang with is difficult for me. (Hey, I’ve been in the same cross-game guild for over a year, and I’m basically the only one that actively tries to do PvP. I know these guys and I like ‘em; I don’t want to give up those fun times just to win with some new group of strangers.) I’m the type that will just as soon rush you from a corner and burst you down, as jump around you in circles completely passively. I used to stop and chat with people from both enemy servers with the report loophole.

I find the W3 environment to be fun mostly because of the constant sense of danger. The rush I get going into battle at the head of a charge is enough to make my inevitable death a laughing matter; I brought at least five people down with me! The situations I’ve gotten into that with even just one other person I would’ve survived, I can’t even count. But it’s all for the sake of having fun! Every once and awhile, I find someone built like me; burst and paper instead of sword and board. I’ve run head first into zergs by accident just because I didn’t look up in time. (Let’s not even mention the culling issues…) Elementalists tend to kite me around like I’m their personal play thing, but just last night I managed to FINALLY beat one when he and a theif attacked me while I tried to solo aid the Ogres. Unfortunately, they proceeded to roll over me with another burst warrior and at least two other people when I brought them down for the second or third time. And then there’s all the people that attack me, I smack them to the ground, and then when I try to let them get up and walk away they spam 1+2 to try and kill me and eventually bleed out. =\

Speaking of zergs… I keep on hearing people talking as if their own server doesn’t have one and doesn’t want to. Fact is, as stated above several times? We all do. I’m of the opinion that Anvil Rock simply did not have the numbers to actually do anything with ours until this week; a lot of our players simply seemed to give up on GW2 when we got locked into a losing/second best streak, I can’t even find them in PvE. But the event brought a lot of people back and when they saw us hold our own BL on friday and begin pushing out, they stayed.

And so this week we had the numbers.

But up until now, everyone has consistently outnumbered us to my knowledge. Either we are so determined not to communicate that we don’t even bother, and we just go around lone wolfing it(like I tend to be forced to), or my estimate last week of 30 people online across the entire WvW plain maximum was accurate. I just don’t see any numbers out there! Memory serves to tell me that we zerged fairly often, just like anyone else, but our zergs only ever had 10-20 people. We’d get squished by 30-50 the moment we found the enemy zerg. I took a headcount from a screenshot a friend showed me and saw 43 names to our 16 once. Some might’ve been mesmer clones, but what the heck GoM? I don’t see how could claim lower population than us when that sort of thing is going on literally constantly for a month.

That said, I’m glad we’re winning this week and yes, I do think there’s some strategy to it. But unfortunately our strategy is just a slightly better coordinated attack force than the average zerg. If we don’t win this week, we’ll easily lose half our numbers if not permanently than until the next event to bring them back. Our server just seems so incredibly empty; even now, just a couple days after the event, we can’t get into LA overflow until prime time and as such it’s nearly impossible to do FotM between that and connection BSery.

So what have you all been seeing? I’m curious to know. How often do you guys find a zerg that beats your zerg? Who do you see where, doing what? And I have to ask…

… anyone here danced with a bursty little AR warrior? XD

EDIT: Oh dear Kittens, wall of text.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I don’t get the zerg talk either. There’s different jobs in WvW and they can call for different sizes of groups.

None of the servers have enough people to fight all 4 maps at once. While I’m outnumbered on one map, someone else is running into large groups of Gates of Madness on another map. Points are consistently close so all I can say is that the populations of people who do WvW isn’t entirely out of whack (even if sometimes it’s just every server has 20 people on their own borderlands fighting doors).

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@Darkonus

We aren’t winning because we have a better strategy, that’s what everyone on AR would like to think. Our Zerg does the same thing they always did, rush in a borderland, build siege and take some point. Then encounter ennemy zerg, get stomped, switch borderland. Ricne and repeat.

Now that we lost our number advantage since PvE event is over, we are losing ground slowly. I checked our Zerg yesterday (about 20 player and 3 commander (lol)) and they were getting rolled by ennemy Zerg.

We had some luck this week end, but finishing first will be really, really hard. Even more since BP and GoM did the right thing, and both attacked us in our borderland yesterday.

We’ll fight until the end, but don’t forget : We have a small players bases, during peak we usually can’t hold much. We will have to take it up a notch if we want to stand a chance!

in WvW

Posted by: Darkonus.5196

Darkonus.5196

@ Kardiamond

I understand we’re not winning because of our strategy. Yes, it probably helped, but only to save us time that we would’ve spent fighting off the enemy and rebuilding siege; in the end, we’re still doing the same exact thing as always. Just not in the same places we usually do is all, and being unpredictable like that gives us a slight edge time-wise. In the end, yes, without that event and with decreasing PvE stability, we’re going to lose most of our players again and especially will if we lose our lead. I think that will be the last morale hit AR can take before we just drop into the last bracket and stay there.

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

Borlis Pass = SoS playground.

nice fighting you guys for your keep through the night, eventually your numbers broke through, but suprisingly 5 of us was able to push you guys out the first time. At one point we managed to get 10 defending, but we lost them through the night.

As promised before this week began, SoS will continue to hit and do operations in BP. You might not want to spend the money to fortify anything, I will make sure it goes down again like the last 3 times i’ve lead an operation there.

Hubris

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@Darkonus

Yeah, but as long as we have good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Looks like BP is making play for 1st, they are closing the gap. Should make for an interesting evening in Wv3.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Since when does BP get a day crew?

Usually, it was our only time to get some points! Come on BP go back to your time zone!

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Okay, let me clear things up. I never once said that GoM doesn’t zerg. All servers do it and its got its place in WvW. But all I’m seeing at AR Borderlands is us (GoM) pushing for the tower, getting it, having AR treb down the walls from Hills, AR zerg rushes in, caps tower, then proceeds to spawn camp us for the next 3 hours. You guys have a single zerg jumping from BL to BL, swarming over everything like ants to a candy apple, and it seriously irritates me. We have small strike teams on BP and AR. When we cap something of yours, its normally not because of a zerg. We have a zerg that caps back our BL and stays at Eternal, thats about it. And you know what, I’d be totally fine with you guys jumping your zerg around, because thats a fine strat, so long as the spawn camping stops. I do my best to prevent our server spawn camping you, AR, and having your 20 or so push our 10 back to spawn, where we proceed to drag some of your dumber players into the range of the legendary defenders and snipe down the others, gets old. lol, and GoM players have been too stupid to take a back path out of spawn, they wanna fight you right out front. Gaaahhh. xD Once I get my commanders. Soon, AR, soon >:)

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@Nsidiously iNsane

It’s the same for every server…

It’s not because you odn’t see it, that it doesn’t happen. You even said it yourself : In our borderland, we have a Zerg taking everything back. In your borderland, you also have a zerg. You said it. It’s the saaamer thing on every side. BP have the same Zerg in their borderland.

Anvil Rock have small assault team too, ask BLZK or what ever is their name, specialized in this. BP also got small team. I don’t understand how we are Zergiest the any other server?

I really don’t see your point Insane, it like you are whinning just to whine.

Yesterday we attacked GoM BL, then we got stomped by a Zerg and they spawn camped us. Same thing as you said we did. Every server does that. A zerg just pushed the ennemy to spawn, they don’t have anything else to do then camp there? They can’t leave BL, so you attack back. That’s the right tactic.

Stop trying to accuse other server of things everybody does. You aren’t any different then us.

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Hello everyone I see we got some fighting going on in here, as much as in the WvWvW. SoS took Monday off from the maps, maybe a few random karma runs here and there, but we all enjoyed Cursed Shores for the day, opening up all the cathedrals for our new lvl 80’s, and getting karma gear for them. Wasn’t a bad gig, we gained a few more pve players.

Alot of my folks will be out for the holidays, I cetainly hope everyone has a great thanks giving.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

GoM players have been too stupid to take a back path out of spawn, they wanna fight you right out front. Gaaahhh. xD

Nsid, this is the heart of the problem and the only issue. Our performance is our responsibility. It’s not bad that they built a treb and shot it at one of our locations, it’s just bad how sometimes we handle it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

GoM players have been too stupid to take a back path out of spawn, they wanna fight you right out front. Gaaahhh. xD

In most cases you right. in this match-up not so much. why? Free badges. just mark them with aoe and run back to guards, watch them die then pick up there loot. repeat. or even better stand in the invulnerable zone and wait for them to charge you..
by all means keep feeding me err i mean spawn camping. yup really stupid to be able to collect 12 badges in what 20 seconds..

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

@Nsidiously iNsane

It’s not because you odn’t see it, that it doesn’t happen. You even said it yourself : In our borderland, we have a Zerg taking everything back. In your borderland, you also have a zerg. You said it. It’s the saaamer thing on every side. BP have the same Zerg in their borderland.

Anvil Rock have small assault team too, ask BLZK or what ever is their name, specialized in this. BP also got small team. I don’t understand how we are Zergiest the any other server?

Yesterday we attacked GoM BL, then we got stomped by a Zerg and they spawn camped us. Same thing as you said we did. Every server does that. A zerg just pushed the ennemy to spawn, they don’t have anything else to do then camp there? They can’t leave BL, so you attack back. That’s the right tactic.

Stop trying to accuse other server of things everybody does. You aren’t any different then us.

Whatever logic you are trying to spew has been disregarded by your horrible grammar and spelling.
From what I understand, GoM players spawn camped you? I’m sorry dude. It sucks, doesn’t it?? But obviously we’re not doing it enough. Our bl is constantly being taken over by green and red, THAT’s how I know we aren’t blocking you in. Now, when GoM can’t ever push past the tower outside spawn on AR map due to the same zerg pushing us back, THAT’S when I say there’s a problem. You guys can go wheeeee! and get through our entire map, but only with your zerg, golems, and 4 rams per tower gate. So, don’t blow it off as “every server does that” because in truth, THEY DON’T. There will always be zergs, of course, but how you use them will determine how the other servers view you. People tried to come at me because I said I lost any respect for AR. And this is why.

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

In most cases you right. in this match-up not so much. why? Free badges. just mark them with aoe and run back to guards, watch them die then pick up there loot. repeat. or even better stand in the invulnerable zone and wait for them to charge you..
by all means keep feeding me err i mean spawn camping. yup really stupid to be able to collect 12 badges in what 20 seconds..

That’s great! lol I know the feels. Players should continue to play for themselves, by all means, but do so in PvE. WvW is a team sport, and the players are every individual on GoM server. Like or not, I believe if you join a server you should do all you can to better it. And people either need to step up and lead on a map with no commanders, or listen to suggestions when they are made.
That said, I’m not speaking to you specifically, because those badges can be used for siege, which DOES help the server. But to the players that just keep fighting out there… Smdh.

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@Nsidiously iNsane

Whatever logic you are trying to spew has been disregarded by your horrible grammar and spelling.
From what I understand, GoM players spawn camped you? I’m sorry dude. It sucks, doesn’t it?? But obviously we’re not doing it enough. Our bl is constantly being taken over by green and red, THAT’s how I know we aren’t blocking you in. Now, when GoM can’t ever push past the tower outside spawn on AR map due to the same zerg pushing us back, THAT’S when I say there’s a problem. You guys can go wheeeee! and get through our entire map, but only with your zerg, golems, and 4 rams per tower gate. So, don’t blow it off as “every server does that” because in truth, THEY DON’T. There will always be zergs, of course, but how you use them will determine how the other servers view you. People tried to come at me because I said I lost any respect for AR. And this is why.

Basing the logic of an argument on grammar and spelling, doesn’t make sense for me. English isn’t my native language, so I might as well give up arguing with you.

I don’t mind being camped, it’s part of the game. Should I ask GoM to retrait and let us siege our spawn tower?

I don’t see the logic of your argument, and it’s not because of your grammar.

I really fail to understand any logic behind your explanation. Because you lose your own borderland, we have a Zerg? We lost nearly everything in our borderland to green and blue yesterday, how do you explain it?

I will print screen shot for you this evening, just to show you what kind of Zerg GoM have.

All server in this match up got a Zergy strat, GoM is no different. You aren’t less numberous then us, you aren’t using small group tactic, you zerg just like us, just like Borlis Pass.

Hate Anvil Rock as much as you want, I don’t think we can change your mind. I don’t want to turn this thread into personnal flaming, so I will stop there. You should maybe transfer to our server for this week, you might see what I’m talking about.

in WvW

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

I’m aware we have a zerg. All servers do. How many times do I have to say this? We don’t use our zerg to spawn camp you for HOURS at a time. That’s the difference. So go ahead and take your pictures if you’d like.
We have been using “small group tactics” pretty much the entire time we’ve been in AR. We had a zerg of maybe 20 or so in BP the day we took 2nd, but that’s all I’ve heard of. Could be more, totally possible.

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

You know what I do when I get camped in a Borderland? I use the side route, and go take their camp.

If my server is kitten enought to keep a 30 man zerg spawn camping 5 player, it mean we have 30 man less in other borderland that could be more useful.

I don’t know if AR really does that, as I’m never in our own borderland. But I would be happy if GoM would do that. It’s a waste of players.

I still fail to see the issue man

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Borlis Pass now has a large population during work hours. Oh wells.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

@Nsid

The only reason GoM gets attacked so often is your poor attitudes. You guys come in week one into this match up, and proceeded to talk trash, and showing complete dominance screenshots during non-peak hours as if taking undefended positions was somehow ground breaking.

This prompted guilds like SoS to stay in your backyard, until you finally conceeded with the nonsense. You asked for it.

Of the three servers Anvil Rock has the lowest population, with Borlis Pass having the largest population. Anvil Rock is doing good to get a single map full of people, but what we’ve grown good at is responding to all maps, by utilizing waypoints, and the benefit of organization.

There are several guilds out there that do small operations, like SoS who takes HIlls, and will hold it with as few as five people, against a zerg who gets pushed back, and throws up Trebs to push those five people back during the early morning hours.

Every guild in Anvil Rock will do Karma/Camp runs, with as few as 5 people, with toons as low level as level 5. We even had a group of 20 doing Karma/Camp/Power Leveling runs, where the highest level of the 20 was level 32, and when no one came to oppose us, we started taking towers with the low levels.

You have guilds like TCMM, BLZK, and others who will, by themselves, grab multiple towers, camps, and sometimes a keep.

Quit trying to put yourself, and your server on the high ground. Instead have fun, quit pointing fingers, and realize everyone does the same thing to the opposition. If you’re being spawn camped, CHANGE MAPS! Or if nothing else, use a different exit.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Lilac,

First off, I thank you for your civility. I would have posted screenshots, but as a thief I was just slippery enough to escape being downed and ported out. I was however knocked off by one of your members with a hammer, and attacked shortly before at the base of the well and again after the well by at least 5 of your others. Whether or not one of those from my server initiated I cannot say I only saw my teammates being attacked and downed, but if your guild says they weren’t camping then I can only assume that [CS] who was running the puzzle right alongside with your men and has insinuated a bit higher in the thread that they were attacking people started something, and your guild reacted to support your server. If this is the case, I’ve no qualms about it. There will be jerks in every group of people. This is precisely why I mentioned your guild by name. I wanted a response to validate whether or not you guys intended this to happen. I make it a point to not generalize servers. There are jerks in AR, GOM and BP. I called you out as a guild because there is at least a reputation that each guild forms around them and as such the leadership of those guilds can be held more or less responsible for the actions taken by their guildies. I appreciate the manner in which you handled this. As for [ORL] and [OATH], I’ll continue to dance on their corpse whenever we meet.

Cheers, Lilac. I’ll see you on the battlefield! /salute

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

(edited by Rashagal.5867)

in WvW

Godfather.8217

Rough night at borlis pass prior to going to class today. You guys have a large group just running around in circles to intercept us right away.

My low level alts trying to level up and gain some karma, you guys were quick to respond, but maybe that’s because all our alts did take a while to cap the camps.

I hope you guys move up tiers soon, maybe fight similar populated servers to match that army that’s running in circles on your map.

GJ though.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

does AR or BP players have screen caps of the GoM person that glitched into your spawn? please post here if you do. GoM will have nothing to do with this player.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Apocalypse.5239

BP love that puzzle in EB way too much i get near the end to chest and dead GG. just make a note they may remove the loot from the chest soon the more you camp it are better yet remove the chest.

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Here we go again with BP has more numbers. The last 3 days it has been nothing but AR stomping us but yet we didnt come on the forums and say hey we were on our alts doing camp raids or you guys took first place because you gained numbers. AR and BP have even numbers from what i have seen. You have a constant attack on our borderlands and a full raid group defending your borderlands. SOS give it up alrdy. U want to knw something kinda funny. All the trash talk youve done has made you guys a laughing joke on borlis and now every1 looks for tht tag. We knew you would come on this forum and say hey we were on our alts doing camp raids. First off, playing alts and doing hit and run camp raids while the matchup is this close is insane. The fact is when others are on SoS’s “playground” you tend to get pushed around a bit. AR stop qqing about us having more numbers. its an even fight and obv the score shows it. If we truely had more numbers then we wouldnt b struggling to hold first place like we have been. BTW brig probs to TCMM guild you guys are in WvW almost any time of the day with least 20+ running around. Huge reason you guys hold alot of stuff.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR