11/2/2012: Devona\Kaineng\Ferguson's Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Another week has passed and we’re all still together as of tonight’s reset. With the orbs gone, what will we fight over now? Should we see more competition without the looming problems that came with the orbs, or will we see less people because the orbs were key to the maps? What’s your opinion on it?

I know I start these threads a little before reset (generally 4-5 hours before), but I feel a need to start them and get the topics flowing for our tier. No offense intended as it seems I may have done last week when a second thread popped up so my apologies to whoever it was that I may have offended last week.

May everyone have a great time again this week and may all of our battles keep being as EPIC as they’ve been these past couple of weeks especially. Also let’s help Ferg get some guilds to balance the tier out (can’t leave them out since they used to roflstomp us).

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

(edited by ktith.6197)

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Soooo glad to have that PVE event over finally Now all 3 servers can see where we stand with full groups.

Good luck to all.
(but a little more to DR)

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

ktith.6197

I did forget that part….the whole Halloween event slowed everyone’s servers down…so if that was slow…what’s in store for this week?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

This week will be a rumbling from the east.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Xerre.9678

Xerre.9678

I will lay out the invitation for more guilds to field smaller groups (5-10) of roamers and lets get this open field combat rolling.

Xerre
80 Dive Bomb Guardian for NoQQ Alliance
Over Extending since 2001

in WvW

Posted by: Siege.4280

Siege.4280

I cant wait. It has been a blast the last 2 weeks. And I will miss the orb there has been some great fights around it. Its sad a few bad apples ruinned it for everyone.

Lead Officer Pieg [RED]
Commander Pieg [RED]
Loyal Devona’s Rest Member

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

Good luck Everyone.

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

lol, can’t wait for thanksgiving content. wonder how that’s going to shake things up again, and then right after that christmas.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

Quite looking forward to seeing how this match will turn out now that the Halloween event is over and the orbs are gone. Hope to see close matches.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

(edited by Pentzski.4620)

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Good Fighting so far… Score Update

Attachments:

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Siege.4280

Siege.4280

good fight so far. I can say imo DR has 4 or more new commaders tonight, doing god knows what.

Attachments:

Lead Officer Pieg [RED]
Commander Pieg [RED]
Loyal Devona’s Rest Member

in WvW

Posted by: aNTarTis.2561

aNTarTis.2561

we had a LOT of fun at EB.

Commander of [XO] Xtreme Online – www.xogamers.com

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Great fights in Ferg BL tonight.

Keep it up everyone.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Emboric.6578

Emboric.6578

Seems like it’s Ferguson’s turn to be “baptised by fire” at the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully this week will help forge our remaining guilds into a steel-plated alliance!

But, regardless of how hard this journey will be, in honour of the hardships both Denova’s and Kaineng has both gone through in the past:

I will not transfer away.

I will not back down.

I will never give up the fight.

I will, however, charge into your zergs face-first to die the same way as I was born. Screaming, and bathed in blood…. and possibly naked, depending on repairs.

Here’s to another exciting week of fighting, Kain / Dev. <3

(Attached: aforementioned charging into zergs)

Attachments:

Emboric, Defender of Dolyaks!
-Ferguson’s Crossing-

in WvW

Bones.5762

A lot of respect to you emboric, I hope your server comes together as a whole and rebuilds, because the fight would only get more better. GJ to all servers, you guys put up some good fights in Kaineg BL and DR BL.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Yo fergs on EB tonight. You guys put up one helluva fight. Ran into a few guys who’s 1v1 and 1v2 skills were just insane. Your zerg was kitten hard to stop, and yeah, that fight in the supply camp with all the ballistas and AoE: THAT was so much fun.

You guys have come out swinging and I like it. Hope to see more, and I’m sure I’ll be donating more silver to your bloodlust (in the form of armor repairs).

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Bones.5762

Also i personally had alot of fun, finding the commanders through the zerg of [KIWI] and marking him, so my party would kill him numerous times, in hopes of scratching the morale of the zerg so we could capture that tower by your spawn in kaineg BL. If you remember me, i was that mesmer that downed and finished you 3x before we capped the tower and moved on. It was an epic dogfight there.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Emboric.6578

Emboric.6578

@Ender

Had a blast running into and swinging madly at all that siege, lol. I think I lasted about 5 seconds before being liquefied though… Ah well, enjoy my badges. <3

Emboric, Defender of Dolyaks!
-Ferguson’s Crossing-

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Good Fights tonight, Kaineg really showed that we dominate in prime-time!

I leave you with the epic usage of a flame ram by KWBH.

Attachments:

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Muse.9380

Muse.9380

Ahhh yes, the lonely flame ram. Threw us off for a minute because we couldn’t believe it was actually built out there. I think it was used for distraction purposes haha
There were some great battles in the Kaineng BL tonight. Hopefully we can keep it up throughout the week!

Muse – Evermore Alliance
War-Sworn [WAR] Member
Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well we are a bit outmanned tonight on the maps I’m playing, but I’m having tons of fun anyways. Actually moreso because I love to be outnumbered in a battle.. If you ever see a big fat norn mesmer with a purple glowy sword charging balls deep by himself (or with a couple guildies) into your too large group, you met Dazlin. <3

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

@screenshot #1 Kaineng with that monstrous lead pulling away from the pack!
@screenshot #2 Picture of the map about 1 hour in after we took some iSpy and WAR to Devona’s BL, just starting to do work.
@screenshot #3 Right about to take the lead while holding the potential points lead after securing our BL and DR BL.
@screenshot #4 Ferg’s with potential points lead! Approximately 3:30am EST and the rest of the Evermoor Alliance officially done for the night.

We can talk about who thinks they had more or less numbers throughout the night all we want, but I know what happened at least on DR BL. We locked it down, outmaneuvered our opponents repeatedly for hours on end on nearly every spot of the map. After people get absolutely destroyed and outplayed 4 times in a row at the same place, they tend to take a break/leave the map. The map would be empty for a little bit, then more numbers would pop out of seemingly nowhere. Numbers on DR BL was fairly even most of the time. Nice job on eventually taking your Garrison back with the golems! I didn’t personally get to see it as my video card crashed when we tried to come in from behind. I played so much tonight, I can’t count the number of Trebs from Garrison and Catapults on SH we destroyed.

I’m not sure how Kaineng’s BL fights went exactly, after we left it 30 minutes into the reset. Warsworn pretty much got it locked down eventually from what I heard, and there was even a queue at one point. I’m happy we had enough people in EB to hold our ground as well. I saw at least 2 PRO commanders in DR BL, so you guys can’t pretend you weren’t there. To the Commander from [SKY], we ran into you quite a bit throughout the night, and I can’t say it was good for you guys all the time :\ sorry

I’ve run out of things to say. My brain isn’t working, been sitting in a computer chair for far too long. Overall, iSpy had a TON of fun out there tonight and proved what we can do on DR BL. Our coordination is getting better by the week as we’re getting to know more members and get used to working together. This week will be interesting to see how it pans out. Hopefully Dred will have some competition at night instead of Player vs Door and exaggerating stories.

SOS SoS?

Attachments:

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Mighteous.9281

Mighteous.9281

You know, the great thing about playing on Kaineng is that we have such a small population. When one map fills up with a bunch of chat spamming Pokemon lovers who for some reason feel like /map chat is the place to express their deepest emotions, I can go on to the next map.

And if that map has a moron for a commander running around , you can go to another map! Usually that map will have no commander. No Waypoint Dance Squad. No Chat Fairy to guide whoever the PUPPY they think they’re guiding with their instruction every 30 second. No nothing but people who just show up to play the game.

Towers and camps get taken with few words spoken, if any at all. And if words are spoken, it’s mainly words like “Inc” or “Build” or “Go!” or “Kill!” That’s my kinda game right there. I was having such a good time stomping people into the ground, that I joined up with three guys from some barcode guild. To my surprise, grouping quadrupled my loot income! I couldn’t believe it. All this time without grouping, I could have had 1000 tokens by now. I always had a suspicion that would be the case, but to see all the tokens rolling in? You live and you learn though, I guess.

Devona- I’m glad you picked up these guys from SKY. Whether they’re transfers, or just a bunch of people who have been carving pumpkins for two weeks. They like to fight, and I like to fight them. With them there, it seems like you all have just the right numbers advantage to hold your ground for more than 5 seconds at a time. Good job. Clever guild name award goes to “Ganked In Sixty Seconds.” Got a good laugh out of that one. I also get a laugh every time I see a zerg from NOOB out running around. Those guys are walking tokens let me tell you what now. LOL.

Ferg’s- Try to consolidate the people you have and stick to one map. You all are aggressive enough. I was glad to see you try to kill us with a smaller force as we fought the grub tonight. Prior to that happening, I was thinking that you all didn’t even exist. You were stomped into the ground like some discarded Bubble Yum, but it was the thought that counted.

Kaineng- All of you kids need to abandon your guilds and join up with iSpy. They’re a bunch of veggie-loving Pokemon collectors, but those kids are good. Also, remember the three rules of WvW.

1. Mighteous is always right.
2. Mighteous is always right.
3. Mighteous is always right.

Happy Halloween, kids. Read the signature, and don’t forget to vote come Tuesday!

I look forward to killing you soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Mighteous is in on the iSpy fan club. Time to bail!

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Looks like Kaineng is pulling an advantage the first night. Looking forward to seeing the numbers come morning.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Ya when the match reset, Evermoors Alliance went into our own borderlands and locked it down right away. Once it was pretty much ours, iSPY branched off with a few WAR and went to DR borderland and began slapping DR kids left and right grabbed all the southern towers, both keeps an the garrisson.

WAR had a fun time staying in Kaineng BL and securing it. Alot of DR;s out mainly what i remember was mostly Smilie and his Kawagungas (KWBH). At one point we did lose Hills Keep… cause our main force of randoms decided not to help defend it and instead throw themselves against the legendary defenders and some tower GreenLake in the south. We got it back again tho using a distraction in the south with Vexthal commandering up and taking the randoms and assorted puggers to keep DR busy down there, as we worked our way in to Hills Keep ad got it back. After that we got the potnetial point lead and then the actual lead.

What was up with that flame ram on the hill when you guys kept assaulting the Bay Keep… MrSmilie? was funny. We had to do some flanking to get rid of all those cata,ballista and such that was fun. When you guys broke through the south gate on Bay Keep… i thought we were toast inside…. but we somehow stopped u from advancing in… then got the door back up, and then pushed you guys off.

When i logged to head out to work, the map was ours, all our major keeps+garrison ha reinforced doors/walls/cannon and i qued up some more before logging.

I didnt see much PRO on Kaineng BL, but iSPY said they were out on DR BL.

Props to all we fought last night on DR. KWBH and the others, you guys kept coming and coming not giving up. There was 2 seperate groups running around of around 15-20, got hectic after a while… but we managed to handle both groups with our 20, waypointed and ping ponging back and forth for a while as doors/gates got upgraded slowly.

Thnxs to all on Kaineng BL last night. It wasnt just iSPY and WAR who did the fighting… was so many smaller guilds helping as well… small informal group and soloers who felt confident to follow the guy with the blue icon and help make progress on defence within the borderlands.

I didnt see Darxio and/or the rest of KAIN last night, maybe you guys went to diff borderland? Im sure you guys were off soemwhere adding to Kaineng’s lead, so hats off to you guys as well as always!

Looking forward to the return of Chaster and SOS this week, lets show them what Kaineng is like when we arent carving pumpkins guys!

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: SolarWind.5693

SolarWind.5693

If you are comparing Kaineng to Devona to Fergurson, you do NOT have a small population so stop saying that myth. I play many hours a day. I see your zergs, you out zerg Devona all the time.. and today was ridiculous in the amount of people you had vs Devona’s. At most times it was 2 to 1 in your favor.. When I stopped playing a short time ago it was at around 10 to 1. I was on Eternal for most of the night.. from start to when Devona finally lost our keep to a massive zerg with 5 defenders in the keep. Kind of puts a damper on your chest thumping, or at least it should.

I did see the outmanned buff on Ferg for some of the fight but I have no idea why, they had so many people fielded when I saw the buff that I find it hard to believe they were outmanned in any way.

CMDR – Devonas Rest [WvW]

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

I will, however, charge into your zergs face-first to die the same way as I was born. Screaming, and bathed in blood…. and possibly naked, depending on repairs.

My friend, u r a spartan.
I rly enjoy when Kaineng took sm, not easy, too hard, and too much sandwich for us between drs and fergs xD

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Guess who’s back?

Kinda just give up yesterday and decided to give all the new/old players in my guild a recap tutorial on how WvW works, the advantages of seiges and where to place them strategically, and some tips on how to survive longer in WvW before the reset.

Guess it’s really helping out, and more are doing the right thing.

I’ll share one of the main lesson of last night.

If you are using any ability 1~0 to attack the gate, you are doing something horribly wrong. Please go find something else better to do

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

@thenoobler – during reset and a few hours later PRO was in fergs the entire time. We moved to dr once when we saw kain was taking it over and left our other squad commander in fergs.

Then we went back to fergs after 5 commanders came into DR lol.

I think next time PRO will start on kain. I felt completely useless on fergs (no offense ferg) but all they managed to keep were camps

Other then that, tons of fun!.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

ktith.6197

SO not only does Kaineng have the numbers back this week, but several individuals in different guilds are exploiting and using various hacks….

You’re winning and you have to use hacks too….

Real classy there huh?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Ender.3508

SO not only does Kaineng have the numbers back this week, but several individuals in different guilds are exploiting and using various hacks….

You’re winning and you have to use hacks too….

Real classy there huh?

Normally I’d call out people who make accusations, but you’re a pretty well respected member of DR. You mind elaborating on what exploits in particular are occuring?

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

ktith.6197

We’re seeing a dmg exploit that acts like a balista yet no siege of any kind is present and it’s usually in small numbers like 1v1 or under 3v3. It isn’t just myself of course, many players on DR are reporting seeing strange dmg amounts in their combat logs and getting one shotted from it.

As far as I’ve seen or know it isn’t from guilds that we’ve normally fought in weeks past…it’s coming from the new faces on Kaineng.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Bones.5762

I’m not really sure where you are getting the hack accusation from ktith, and as i have a lot of respect for you and your guild. please elaborate, because our server as a whole don’t really want hackers, nor does any server.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

ktith.6197

Sorry edited above for clarity.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Bones.5762

o sorry didnt see post up above since i was reading everything else, do you have guild names/pics of any kind of your logs or players? is it possible glass cannon thieves? But also one wierd thing that happened to me yesterday was, i was lagging and just suddenly droped dead in the hill keep. I’m asking my party to revive me and they keep walking past me, finally they say i fell off the cliff when my body is still up in the keep.(wtf?) And after they res me, guess what? i’m res up top of the keep and not where my party res me. I can see this as a potential way to capture keeps ninja style, but its also hard to replicate this, as this was an accident of lag.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Ender.3508

Anyone know if its possible to hit for 12k damage with ‘Kill Shot’. Saw that happen to me and just assumed it was a glass cannon hitting me with their most powerful attack.

Edit, just looked at some rifle warrior sPvP and the most I saw it hit for is 6k. Seems a bit off, and yes this attack came from Kains side.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

(edited by Ender.3508)

in WvW

Bones.5762

Is that the warrior rifle skill? cause i don’t know much about it, but i read a thread about a glitch skill where it’s possible to do upwards of 25kdmg to everyone in a line of sight, i won’t say how as some people here might replicate the glitch which the developers did say its a bug, but not a big issue atm cause they have bigger problems and would make an immediate fix if people started using this? clearly a favor towards warrior classes more.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

ktith.6197

Yea, this hasn’t been from lag events. I rarely take screenies unfortunately and I never accuse people of hacks unless I’ve seen it personally. I don’t want the community degraded because a few feel the need to remove the epic gameplay that we’ve all been having, even when we’re getting owned overnight (like this overnight). I’ve been in WvW since about 20 mins or so after the flip last night (yes I’ve been up all night). The things that I’ve been seeing are stuff like 1v1 fully dead players rising up instantly from fully dead, balista like dmg in small groups not near any siege (dmg amounts in combat log have been really small, but a whole lot of it all at once), enemy players not taking damage and not having a buff to prevent damage.

I don’t lag, ever, when WvWing. I get some on occasion in the normal world, but never in WvW for whatever reason. Like I say, definitely not seen it from the normal tag guys on Kaineng…but I’ve seen a ton of new tags…so many so that honestly I can’t even remember them all, but your new faces are definitely some of the ones using these dmg exploits/debuffs and all else.

Personally I don’t care if we’d end up last again this week, I just want to see nice fights and stuff.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

(edited by ktith.6197)

in WvW

Ender.3508

Yeah, if this is occurring, I’m sure it’s not from the guys who’ve been repping Kain from the beginning.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

My guild was fighting GASM off and on all through primetime into the night.

I know a combination a guildmate of mine was doing 11k damage in a second, small packets of damage but really fast.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

QQ, noone is hacking. Do you realize what kind of hack it would take to manipulate damage / full rezzing etc. Then again, I could understand your confusion surrounded by the sea of green names.

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

I’ve had something 1 hit me yesterday but it was a catapult gravel shot.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Zeel.3250

Zeel.3250

@ktith, i don’t really think there’s a damage exploit going around. I’m a damage spec elementalist, and when I 1v1 or fight in any group my damage can shoot anywhere from 500 to 8k (funny kitten build.) AFAIK, a ballista only hits like 6k on people and I know plenty of glass cannons that hit for 10k-15k a hit.
You can also hit 15k crit on a warrior easily by speccing into 100 blades.
Especially thieves, since I’ve been hit for a 22k crit on backstab before by a Devona’s Rest (Btsy, kitten you all.)

(edited by Zeel.3250)

in WvW

ktith.6197

@Tiglie

Actually it wouldn’t take a lot…a lot less than people think to manipulate coding, hence why so many of the other problems are out there. I actually have IT experience and experience in catching hacks…so I wouldn’t be “putting” it out there if it wasn’t happening. And, as I said above, it’s the few messing it up for everyone else. Of course many if they see it aren’t going to report it…that’s the sad state of MMO’s.

@Draygo

People have been reporting larger numbers than that. We’ve had guys with near 30k health dropping in one hit that are toughness stacked. While there are diminishing returns with everything, I’ve not really seen even any siege that’ll wipe anyone out in one hit.

Anyways, I know what I’m seeing, and I know what my guildies have been seeing as well as several others on the server. Are we all just full of it, or is something amiss. I’m leaning towards the latter. However, truly “proving” it is the thing isn’t it?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Take screenshots, submit to arenanet. I’m not aware of any combination that can truely do 30k damage unless you are naked or something.

Well besides making people fall to their deaths.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

Well just look at the logs man, I just highly doubt that it’s hacks. Every time I think i’m damaged hacked, i just turn around and see 3 Baltimore Style thieves spamming heartseeker. Can’t complain because we just spam heartseeker back with 5 thieves. Just mad when you get cheesed by your own cheese ya know?

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

ktith.6197

I suppose if I see it going on whenever I’m back in there, I’ll remember to take screenies. Like I said, I usually don’t just because I’m in the heat of the battle or busy delegating people to tasks or setting siege up. I’ve put it out there. We do know there is that one confirmed dmg bug….and this could be another type that’s been overlooked. Most people know me as a straight-shooter, so when I get what I need I’ll get it sent in. We’ve got others also aware of what to look for and to take screenies (some didn’t know there was combat logs).

Peace all, have a good weekend.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Here’s an update, great match so far.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Something mighty fishy was going on there. When it was only my guild in our borderlands, we all seemed to have problems with groups of 3-5 of enemies hitting mighty hard. Everyone on my TeamSpeak were complaining how they were doing a HUGE amount of damage. These people weren’t even level 80s.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]