11/2 BG vs JQ vs SbI... the continuation

in WvW

Posted by: Walay The Brave.6813

Walay The Brave.6813

someone post screenshot of current land holdings and scoreboard pls and try to restrain from kitten talking… ty

[TEAR] – Stormbluff Isle
There is no time to talk! We must concentrate on the matters at hand — Brother Mhenlo
http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/893

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

can we puppy talk? And yes score pls. I can’t get in atm :-(

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Beastgate don’t quit, we just get hit by the reset stick!!

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Beastgate don’t quit, we just get hit by the reset stick!!

Its ok! Our fingers were getting tired

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Blackgate was making an incredible comeback. 2/4 maps were completely red and the other 2 were 75% + red. It’s either the death throes or the best comeback in the games history. The rest of the week just got interesting again.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Walay The Brave.6813

Walay The Brave.6813

can i get a scoreboard/screenie yet, still at work here… i cant get to guru either because of malware warning to their site, only here is reliable atm

[TEAR] – Stormbluff Isle
There is no time to talk! We must concentrate on the matters at hand — Brother Mhenlo
http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/893

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Now that Orbs are gone… (and I hear lots of BG guilds left for SoS)… it’s been a cake walk… and frankly…boring.

in WvW

Syphen.1980

updated score….

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Enter Blackthrows.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It wasn’t magic guys. Our EU guys got out in force today, coordinated a bit and had a good time that involved a golem army and other stuff. Based on how Red the maps were flipped, I’d guess the SEA guys on SBI decided not to pull a late nighter to cover the EU gap and were getting some rest today. But EUs are now going to bed and BG’s typical EST coverage hole will start to give some ground. However, I’m hoping this turn ignites a fire under NA and we can hold some of it tonight. If not, ah well no bigs. It was fun to follow today and finally brought some excitement back to the match.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Glad to see Blackgate make the map interesting. When I quit late last night, the map was all green and there wasn’t really much to do.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Alsonia.4753

Don’t worry somehow BG is gonna super focus EBG and throw every other map

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Don’t worry somehow BG is gonna super focus EBG and throw every other map

Evil SBI SPY! Don’t you know your suppose to blackmail us first into a “give me x amount of gold or I will tell the world of your plot” Bad spy , very very bad spy! :P

Keep up the good work everyone this is looking to be a really fun ending to a long long couple weeks. On a negative note BLAST YOU ALL gonna get me in trouble at work again tomorrow by keeping me up late with all this wvwvw epicness!

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Glad to see Blackgate make the map interesting. When I quit late last night, the map was all green and there wasn’t really much to do.

Being that I was one of the few from BG on during that time slot in EB. I agree it was a bit depressing to see the server as full, but have very few NA players participate in WvW.

I’m concerned for the long run of WvW in general if there’s no appeal to the larger player base. I would be curious why the larger PvE crowd has no interest in WvW or what barriers prevent players from participating may be.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Alsonia.4753

It’s frustrating to have such a strong offense but no defense to even speak of; I was saying the way we played earlier proved we deserved to be in T1; but throwing games like this is proving the contrary.

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

Oh sure, I’m alone on the roof of Jade Garrison, ready to make a heroic stand after they take the keep, and just as piles of JQ run up to get me, the server goes down.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Oh sure, I’m alone on the roof of Jade Garrison, ready to make a heroic stand after they take the keep, and just as piles of JQ run up to get me, the server goes down.

Liar I saw you, you ran! =D

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

and then WM came back from dinner

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219

Been a dye hard Blackgate WvW player since day 1. I want to thank SBI and JQ for an awesome week of fun. Epic fights, non stop action. Hell i’m so paranoid now, i actually scan around during a fight/ keep take. Compared to the month long hole we were in with no fights, mmmkk this is heaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Been a dye hard Blackgate WvW player since day 1. I want to thank SBI and JQ for an awesome week of fun. Epic fights, non stop action. Hell i’m so paranoid now, i actually scan around during a fight/ keep take. Compared to the month long hole we were in with no fights, mmmkk this is heaven.

I’ve been enjoying this week’s match much more. I think removing the orbs was the best thing to do after last week. They were nothing but a distraction and a prize for hackers.

I also think it has taken about 1.5 weeks for the gung ho forum smack talkers to realize they will have more fun if they just respect their opponents and play hard. At least I hope so….the forum chest pounding was getting tiresome.

Either way, good game, all. Let’s keep it up!

SBI – Full of love. Full of war.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I haven’t had a chance to even play WvW this week. That’s why we’re losing :P

Actually having popped into mumble I guess a majority are wanting to get into T2 to fight IoJ. It’s hard to remember why but apparently we hate them more than SBI and JQ combined. T2 will be a hell of a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

T2!! I am realllly looking forward to it, hopefully if we make it back up to the top in the future we will have better organization and be prepared better. GG JQ and SBI!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

Don’t cheer too soon BG.
At this rate we might stay in T1 for another week ~

SoS still didn’t get enough points to overthrow us.

Even if we do though.
As you could witness today, if we team up and go for it, we can fight with the big boys.
So don’t let ya heads hang, and show that there’s plenty of fighting spirit on Beastgate!

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

(edited by Snow Aeth.1937)

in WvW

Syphen.1980

you would have to throw your score the rest of the match and SOS would have to score a lot more to push you out. Your ratings are fairly close but if you keep gaining points they can’t close the gap quick enough. I have been watching the ratings on http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA which uses the same rating system ANET uses to predict next weeks matches.

right now BG is 2,049.038 rating
and SOS is 2,044.519 rating

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

you would have to throw your score the rest of the match and SOS would have to score a lot more to push you out. Your ratings are fairly close but if you keep gaining points they can’t close the gap quick enough. I have been watching the ratings on http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA which uses the same rating system ANET uses to predict next weeks matches.

You’re missing a key thing here. That projected rating is based on BG having 520 PPT as of the last logged score. As we know, it didn’t stay that way, and may only be that way for another 3-4 hours of this match. BG is dropping to #4 on Friday. And as a player on BG, I couldn’t be happier. Next week will likely be a much more enjoyable match.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Syphen.1980

You’re missing a key thing here. That projected rating is based on BG having 520 PPT as of the last logged score. As we know, it didn’t stay that way, and may only be that way for another 3-4 hours of this match. BG is dropping to #4 on Friday. And as a player on BG, I couldn’t be happier. Next week will likely be a much more enjoyable match.

I realize that is based off of the 520PPT but the ratings do not fluctuate that much unless you get roflstomped. So unless BG has zero point income over the next two days then the chances are the ratings won’t fluctuate quite enough to push you down.

why is it a good thing to drop to 4 and go to tier 2? So you can roflstomp the tier below you or because it will be a close match? Because judging by the point totals in that tier and seeing the PPT at varying times I think you might be suprised at how you will have just as much problem there as you do in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

I just have to ask… why is blackgate trying so hard to make the matchups for next week the same? =(

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

A humble thank you to everyone from BG for entering the fight today.

Here´s a little video I made showing our golem fun in EB earlier:

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

hahahaha awesome video Smokee. Thats how Beastgate rolls

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

in WvW

Syphen.1980

I did like the video :-D especialy the song and the golem portal bomb

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I haven’t had a chance to even play WvW this week. That’s why we’re losing :P

So lazy!
Leaving the fate of the realm in the hands of a midget elementalist with no hit points and a kittened necromancer. (Actually I haven’t had much time this week either, at some point I do have to work to keep the electricity, rent and internet on)

Aside from that, it was fun when I did get to play, the original BG pro’s in EBG can still get stuff done or stop it turning into a completely catastrophic mess (most of the time…) we even ventured out the other night to borderlands and took back some stuff when we had some numbers to spare.

One of the mentalities myself and others who have been here a while do try to share with new people trying out wvw and others we play with, is that we do play to win and aim for first place.
Logistically, that might not always work out for whatever reason, but its easier to log off knowing that 100% was given by who was there.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

Great come back push by BG, As a few posts up ahead say SoS might not have enough to move up to t1. Hopefully next week if its another JQ/SBI/BG rematch BG comes out as strongly as they did a few hours ago, also when WM isn’t on their coffee break:P.

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

A humble thank you to everyone from BG for entering the fight today.

Here´s a little video I made showing our golem fun in EB earlier:

Hi there! First off, I want to say nice job on that army. It scared us kittenless once we saw it!

I was leading the defense on SBI at the time… I thought we we’re going to smash that golem army… until we found out they were omegas.

I actually predicted the golem strike about 45 minutes in advance of you moving onto us; based on your movements and patterns. We set up our defenses well in advance expecting point blank (alpha) golems on the door, including a point blank treb.

We were waiting for the call the entire time to mount the defense… and were there pretty kitten fast. But the omegas were something we definitely were NOT prepared for. Kudos to that!

Once SM outer went down, I tried to get some spike building of ballista… but things were too hectic; people running around panicking, I was only able to get like 2 ballista built quickly on the inner. SM gone.

I quickly ordered an evacuation and scouts to patrol for golems while I moved a small force to back cap MG/OC. After taking MG and moving toward OC, we got the call that golems were on the move again.

Cue WP to keep, try to get people on me to spike build ballista again… got around 5 off this time; still couldn’t get full cooperation from the server. But you blasted through those like butter with that enormous force.

From there, it was just hectic… try to whittle down the golems and stop the momentum. Which eventually happened You reset everything we had except Klovan! We held onto that sucker.

Again, well-played. Just wanted to give you the SBI commander perspective on the train of events since you were kind enough to post a video from your end!

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

kudos for the video. and here’s the pay back.
the spirit for sbi is we respect our rivals by fighting them back even harder.

Attachments:

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Xyanide.8650

and here’s the score update

Attachments:

In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Xyanide.8650

btw, anyone know this guild in sbi? claim stonemist everyday without any buff. plz, if u read this stop claim it unless you can benefit everyone.

Attachments:

In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Posted by: pseudosapien.4076

pseudosapien.4076

btw, anyone know this guild in sbi? claim stonemist everyday without any buff. pl if u read this stop claim it unless you can benefit everyone.

Lol. My guild on BG has a similar similar logo — red heart with a white beaver.

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

I nominate Smokee for human cloning experiments. We need more commanders like you. The minute you left EB things started going downhill fast. Within an hour we were outmanned and then we got pounced upon.

Ironically our NA coverage is probably the weakest. The server is full but nobody is queuing for WvWvW. That makes me a sad panda.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

Syphen.1980

I nominate Smokee for human cloning experiments. We need more commanders like you. The minute you left EB things started going downhill fast. Within an hour we were outmanned and then we got pounced upon.

Ironically our NA coverage is probably the weakest. The server is full but nobody is queuing for WvWvW. That makes me a sad panda.

Unfortunately what happens is when one server gets ahead it becomes demoralizing. This happened a lot with the old HoD.

The thing you have to decide is whether it will defeat you or make you stronger. JQ and SBI have both been through the fire ourselves. Heck our first two matchup threads on guru were way worse than the ones this match. You just have to take your licks and resolve to learn from it and come back stronger. I have faith in you guys (even though a few annoy me) that you will survive the fire.

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

First of all thanks for the positive comments on the video.

Second I just want to say that at the time I left EB with around 30 DEYS, there was a rather long Q for EB, and we did have a second commander in there, so I thought it was safe to leave it.

The 2 resets hurt us really hard yesterday. Before the first one, we had commanders and a good amount of people in all 4 lakes. When we came back we were only able to field people for 2 small armies in BL´s, and an almost full EB. At the second, we were in SBI garrison with keep lord on 50%, and defenders wiped.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Blade.9317

The second commander proved to be a dud and he vanished within 30 minutes. After that we were left to fend for ourselves. It was sad to see all the territory you gained disappear.

Blackgate

(edited by Blade.9317)

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219

Loving this weeks fights, loving WvW, Long Live Blackgate!!

Score shhhmore, who cares about a score.
I wanna fight!!
and this week has been awesome.

in WvW

Blade.9317

Unfortunately what happens is when one server gets ahead it becomes demoralizing. This happened a lot with the old HoD.

The thing you have to decide is whether it will defeat you or make you stronger. JQ and SBI have both been through the fire ourselves. Heck our first two matchup threads on guru were way worse than the ones this match. You just have to take your licks and resolve to learn from it and come back stronger. I have faith in you guys (even though a few annoy me) that you will survive the fire.

This is precisely why I was hoping that we would drop to T2. People got it in their heads that we cannot win against JQ and SBI. Maybe if we face different opponents people will start queuing for WvWvW again.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

JQ is rocking the outmanned buff as often as not from what I’m seeing. Something happened in the last 2 weeks to us. We went from 4 hour queues to pretty consistent insta-queues. Also half our commanders bail for another map the moment we lose anything significant telling everyone to follow them while claiming it’s ’strategy’.

Right now I’m half hoping you blackgate’s beat us. Maybe we’ll get knocked to T2. Worked wonders for getting our kitten together last time, maybe it will get it back together again.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

JQ is rocking the outmanned buff as often as not from what I’m seeing. Something happened in the last 2 weeks to us. We went from 4 hour queues to pretty consistent insta-queues. Also half our commanders bail for another map the moment we lose anything significant telling everyone to follow them while claiming it’s ‘strategy’.

Right now I’m half hoping you blackgate’s beat us. Maybe we’ll get knocked to T2. Worked wonders for getting our kitten together last time, maybe it will get it back together again.

Blackgate would have to cover around 38 points to beat us. It won’t happen this week.

It looks like we may just see them next week again though if they have a good push today like they did yesterday.

I haven’t had a 4 hour queue since opening day. The past 5 weeks the longest queue I’ve had was Friday nights for about 1 hour. Last Friday it was 15 minutes. Of course I don’t usually log on until around 9pm est so results may vary.

I haven’t seen the bailing you’re talking about. I don’t frequent maps with MMAC on them much so I have no idea what is going on there.

Not sure if you participate over at jadequarry.com, we’ve been talking a lot about WvW and commanders in the private WvW section.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Syphen.1980

JQ is rocking the outmanned buff as often as not from what I’m seeing. Something happened in the last 2 weeks to us. We went from 4 hour queues to pretty consistent insta-queues. Also half our commanders bail for another map the moment we lose anything significant telling everyone to follow them while claiming it’s ‘strategy’.

Even if they did pull out ahead and beat you it still would not drop you to T2. JQ’s rating is to high right now to drop out of T1 this match. Right now next week is looking like the same matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

We need to get a solid Oceanic presence on JQ, because right now SB is winning solely on their ninja skills at 2am-5am.

in WvW

Syphen.1980

did the thread get nuked or is it bugged for me

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

btw, anyone know this guild in sbi? claim stonemist everyday without any buff. pl if u read this stop claim it unless you can benefit everyone.

Lol. My guild on BG has a similar similar logo — red heart with a white beaver.

I think you guys took AB once when we were trying to claim it. And then you didnt throw out any guild buffs either

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

We need to get a solid Oceanic presence on JQ, because right now SB is winning solely on their ninja skills at 2am-5am.

That is entirely wrong good sir. If we are winning soley on the 2 am to 5 am area, which for me I’m in Eastern, yeah we has a strong lead. But almost entirely this week SBI has held the lead for PPT. So you can’t say we are winning SOLEY on those 3 hours. And 3 hours isn’t nothing compared to a full 24 hours.

Also, I’m suprised I haven’t seen any mention of the SBI Zerg Golem Army that can running through EB late last night. Took both Keeps and Capped everything Tower/Supply. Wiping upgrades clean. I felt bad for BG and JQ. It was just demoralizing to keep doing that to them.

I wish both Good Luck next week. I can’t wait.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics