11/2 Rematch: Ehmry Bay vs. N. Shiverpeaks vs. Sorrow's Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Delusion.9543

Delusion.9543

I’m not sure about the whole ‘teaming up thing’, but I do remember a couple of ‘spies’ or what have you being obnoxious in SF chat going on and on about how EB beat us due to them spying on our plans and how funny it was. I don’t really think it’s a big deal, but it still sucks that the victory wasn’t 100% honest.

Ah well. Maybe next time. (:

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

Stop blaming your loss on spies. You are being trolled by your own people.

As far as knowing where your people are, that’s trivial, we have defenders at each location, as soon as you show up they relay the info to our 250-slot teamspeak server and literally everyone in the zone knows where you are.

Not only does everyone know where you are, but our people actually make the run from all the way across the map to make your life in that zone miserable (all in good fun, ofc, we don’t want you to be miserable IRL).

Also, please consider where Sorrow’s Furnace’s standing was in this match. We didn’t need to spy on you because none of your people even showed up.

in WvW

Posted by: Dalgar.6721

Dalgar.6721

I’m not sure about the whole ‘teaming up thing’, but I do remember a couple of ‘spies’ or what have you being obnoxious in SF chat going on and on about how EB beat us due to them spying on our plans and how funny it was. I don’t really think it’s a big deal, but it still sucks that the victory wasn’t 100% honest.

Ah well. Maybe next time. (:

You caught us, we were totally spying on those 3 SF guys that were taking supply camps in the borderlands…

The X-Ray glasses that you can order from Archie comics are overpowered.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

NSP is putting up a good fight, but EB is once again proving good leadership > zerg

You guys are the zerg…

Not long ago Ehmry Bay lost horribly to both NSP and Darkhaven. We had a small fraction of your forces then. BUT, we had at least a couple committed WvW guilds and at least 1 good commander that would not give up while many others disappeared from WvW that week.

Next match-up came and all the other guilds that disappeared from WvW showed up again. Despite the fickle nature of some of these guilds (and some infighting between them) however, we managed to get them all to work together from the very start of the match-up and started off strong. Thus even with ques from all sides we controlled the initial weekend and kept that control for the match.

Now Ehmry Bay has a bit better population thanks to these guilds putting aside their differences and working together. A core group of us didn’t roll over and die simply because we were over-matched and because of that we built ourselves back up.

Now we face NSP once more. NSP still manages to field competitive numbers or sometimes even more vs us even on losing weeks. Think about that for a minute. When we had our losing weeks we had a fraction to work with of what NSP has now. You guys have a higher overall WvW population than us. Because while I cross fingers that certain guilds prove to be a little more resilient next time things get tough, I fully expect certain guilds to disappear again.

I’m gonna be totally honest here. I want NSP to get better and more organized. Because to date most of the fighting I do vs NSP is Ehmry Bay vs the Zerg. Forget numbers for a minute, I’m talking about extremely large groups of people with little to no organization.

I am flat out tired of the fight from DB to Garrison while I look at the rest of the map and wonder why DB keeps getting attacked and the rest of the map remains untouched. I want to face a NSP that is more adaptable and dynamic, a NSP that keeps me on my toes, not a NSP where I enter zone and automatically head to DB/garrison because 90% of the time that’s where the action is.

I mean I know we have ninja’d it several time with golems, but we wouldn’t have near the capacity to do that if you actually pressured us elsewhere and a manned meatgrinder totally destroys that tactic if you just keep half an eye on water gate and quaggans.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Miu Xie.5872

Miu Xie.5872

@Ralathar that’s pretty much what we’re failing to do. Meow guild during Asian evening does pretty well organizing groups, and so does Os whenever they’re on, but then for a decent portion of the day it’s either mindless zerging (and they love to go to Eternal most of the time), or little numbers on. Team chat is often a ghost town in any of the borderlands (why are they so shy?).

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Ehmry has nothing but compliments to Meow. They are definitely your best WvWvW guild when the organize.(Seriously, this match would be a LOT more one sided without them)

Too bad we never get the chance to seriously fight them since they are primarily on when we are the weakest.

in WvW

Posted by: Delusion.9543

Delusion.9543

I don’t remember blaming our entire loss on ‘spies’. I just said a few people mentioned being some for EB. My comment about it not being an honest win still stands. No need to cop an attitude and be sarcastic.
But I for one, and am at least proud of my Guild ([TG]) for trying. I can honestly say that every night they were trying to get 30-50 people into WvW and succeeded. I’m sure with more people and more dedication/experience SF will turn out some successes. (:

in WvW

Humpink.2306

I have nothing but the highest respect for the NSP and SF guilds who are coming in an trying. That’s what the game is all about anyway. Yes, currently EB is winning, but not that long ago we were where SF is today.

What changed is that we have created venues to organize the players. We have a server-wide forum set up at http://www.ehmry.com which encourages respectful communication between players and guilds on our server.

We also have a server-wide TS3 server set up where players/groups/guilds can join and coordinate gameplay whether it’s PvE, PvP, or WvW.

In short, we have many players who put substantial amounts of time into promoting Ehmry Bay as a community, not just a server like any other server. This inspires loyalty among the server population. I don’t have hard numbers but my gut tells me that we don’t have as many server hoppers as other servers in our bracket(s).

That’s because people arrive at EB and then realize that it’s actually a great place to be, even when we do not always win, because we do have venues that allow you as a player to create a social fabric around you that keeps you interested in other players on our server.

You can keep your opinion about it not being an honest win, obviously I won’t be able to change it, and frankly it doesn’t matter to me what you think because I know how we won this; by having a better and more dedicated community than SF and NSP. Spies were completely unnecessary because we wouldn’t want a single of our people to be stuck on another server for a week missing out on all the fun we are having.

My advice to anyone, on any server, is to work on creating such a player driven community for their own server, or transfer to a server that has one and make that server their new home.

Quick edit: It may sound like I didn’t give credit where credit is due, at the end of the day a community is only as good as its participants, and we have a good number of guilds which are highly dedicated to WvW be it win or lose. Shouts out to [SM], [GH], [PURG], [pK], [CoS], [TTD} and everyone else I am not thinking of right now. You guys are all rockstars! <3

(edited by Humpink.2306)

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Don’t forget the guild who held the ETH hills orb for 4 days straight in sorrow’s furnace borderlands last week making sure we at least have one orb all the time for morale, who gave NSP pressure right after reset friday in their borderlands taking over the whole south of their map including the 2 side keeps and the guild who coordinated with [GH] to take over the whole SF map Saturday.

[FTF] guild. well we wouldn’t be able to do it without the cooperation of the rest of the server. Good job guys!

“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” – Sun Tzu

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in WvW

Miu Xie.5872

Northern Shiverpeaks, I just wanted to let you know.. we are doing our best to help you get rid of those whiny emos from your server.. http://www.gw2nsp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uKN64FZJSt0

Congratulations to you! They left.

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wish i could get back in killing bots in wvw but ironically i got ban for being seen as a bot lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

I don’t remember blaming our entire loss on ‘spies’. I just said a few people mentioned being some for EB. My comment about it not being an honest win still stands. No need to cop an attitude and be sarcastic.
(:

I’m not aware of any spies. I can’t speak for Eternals since I’m not there as often, but in the borderlands we certainly don’t have someone telling us where everyone is outside of scouting and prediction.

Saying this isn’t an honest win though is just making an excuse for your loss. I mean, the worse cases of game abuse in this match up I’ve heard of so far is Alt+F4ing while down. This has been one of the most exploit free matches I’ve seen, and I’ll be surprised if we get another one this clean in a while.

Saying that this win wasn’t honest is like Mitt Romney blaming his loss because he’s not a charismatic black man. There are much bigger reasons why he lost (aka, pissing off every Ron Paul supporter due to rampant fraud during the primaries<a href="http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/18815/the-ron-paul-effect-how-the-gop-threw-the-election-by-disenfranchising-ron-paul-supporters">aka, pissing off every Ron Paul supporter due to rampant fraud during the primaries</a>).

Likewise, you guys will continue to lose until you diagnose the problem with your server. It’s not a numbers problem. We rarely had more people then you. The majority of the time it’s been around the same or you guys having more. It’s a coordination and tactics issue. You guys only have one play, make the biggest zerg you guys can and slam yourselves against the wall. You are still playing like you have 3x the population of the opposing servers when you don’t. Get smart or get to the bottom of the bracket.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Long message here.

I really don’t know why people keep saying NSP population is huge, it really isn’t. We might outnumber you guys from time to time, but even on Friday night’s reset we can fill EB and have a que for it 3 or so hours after. After that, it starts to drop off. Borderlands (ours) might be full for an hour or so, then it drops. During the normal week we might get an hour or two where there is a que for EB. The attrition rate of NSP has been pretty high ever since the fight with YB and SOR, and it’s only gotten worse since our match up the first time.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Then let me extend an invitation to Meow from Ehmry. Our five main guilds have never left, will never leave, and are probably the strongest backbone of any medium WvW server. Honestly, Meow is the only reason NSP is staying at its current ranking. I’m not sure if you guys are appreciated or not over there, but we have a lot of respect for you and the amount of work you put in for your server.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

“Likewise, you guys will continue to lose until you diagnose the problem with your server. It’s not a numbers problem.”

It’s a numbers problem. We don’t have enough dedicated WvW players to stick it out during our off time, which tends to be half of the day. At night, we start losing territory to both NSP and EB. In the morning, NSP has conquered just about everything because they do have the numbers. In the day, EB has retaken NSP’s conquests and we might, just might have half of our borderland and a third of eternal and making a push for SM during the evening. Then the cycle repeats.

I could care less about the alleged spies because its pretty obvious what paths a server’s zerg will take, I could care less about the classes, and whether or not EB and NSP have better coordination. We’ve already shown that we can fight with the best of the other two servers when the playing field is numerically even. And most of us who WvW often haven’t stopped playing because we’re losing.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Humpink.2306

Don’t forget the guild who held the ETH hills orb for 4 days straight in sorrow’s furnace borderlands last week making sure we at least have one orb all the time for morale, who gave NSP pressure right after reset friday in their borderlands taking over the whole south of their map including the 2 side keeps and the guild who coordinated with [GH] to take over the whole SF map Saturday.

[FTF] guild. well we wouldn’t be able to do it without the cooperation of the rest of the server. Good job guys!

“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” – Sun Tzu

Sorry Noice, didn’t mean to exclude you and FTF. <3 you guys!

in WvW

Humpink.2306

I really don’t know why people keep saying NSP population is huge, it really isn’t. We might outnumber you guys from time to time, but even on Friday night’s reset we can fill EB and have a que for it 3 or so hours after.

I cannot recall the last time we had a queue on Ehmry Bay. In all fairness though I don’t usually log on till 8 pm server time. Maybe the more active players who are there daily can pitch in with some info on Ehmry Bay WvW queue times.

in WvW

Posted by: LightBringer.8764

LightBringer.8764

I wish there was some way to compel people to do WvW over here on SF. Terror[TG] is the only guild that does WvW together and everyone else is too busy concerned with Plinx or other idiotic PvE content when those people should just be playing WoW if that’s why they’re here.

It is difficult to do much when there is a huge PvE player drain in WvW which makes pvp participation pathetically low. When we manage to get a group going, we get things done, but those accomplishments rarely last when there are no other guilds to maintain any sort of defense overnight or during the afternoon when normal people are working or attending school/college.

Grand Crusader Igor – Level 80 Guardian
[The Forest Guard], 8 Years and Still Running
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Miu Xie.5872

Then let me extend an invitation to Meow from Ehmry. Our five main guilds have never left, will never leave, and are probably the strongest backbone of any medium WvW server. Honestly, Meow is the only reason NSP is staying at its current ranking. I’m not sure if you guys are appreciated or not over there, but we have a lot of respect for you and the amount of work you put in for your server.

Meow is not leaving. I’m representing Meow, now, since FINE has left (but was in both guilds for a while). I’m also trying to work out some ways to get more people to WvW, since I’m honestly getting tired of seeing ghost towns in team chat in the borderland maps.

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Miu really appreciate Meows loyalty to NSP, that goes to OS and War as well, you guys rock and are the main reason we do well

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Long message here.

I really don’t know why people keep saying NSP population is huge, it really isn’t. We might outnumber you guys from time to time, but even on Friday night’s reset we can fill EB and have a que for it 3 or so hours after. After that, it starts to drop off. Borderlands (ours) might be full for an hour or so, then it drops. During the normal week we might get an hour or two where there is a que for EB. The attrition rate of NSP has been pretty high ever since the fight with YB and SOR, and it’s only gotten worse since our match up the first time.

You pretty much describe our que situation during a winning match-up. Meaning your losing que is our winning que. That is what I am saying.

You guys really do have the people, I’ve seen them and fought them across all 3 borderlands. It’s not T1 population, no, but it’s enough to deal with us for sure. But for that to happen people need to step up and one guild can’t do it.

PK, GH, and FTF stepped up for Ehmry Bay and we have some others like RLH starting to be seen more as well. That is the reason we are where we are. Those guilds give the pugs leadership, hope, and successes where there would be failures. There will always be a little bickering about who is better or who doesn’t like who, but ultimately we all join together for WvW and that’s what counts.

It’s a numbers problem. We don’t have enough dedicated WvW players to stick it out during our off time, which tends to be half of the day. At night, we start losing territory to both NSP and EB. In the morning, NSP has conquered just about everything because they do have the numbers. In the day, EB has retaken NSP’s conquests and we might, just might have half of our borderland and a third of eternal and making a push for SM during the evening. Then the cycle repeats.

We had the same problem and clawed our way out of that one person at a time.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Meow is not leaving. I’m representing Meow, now, since FINE has left (but was in both guilds for a while). I’m also trying to work out some ways to get more people to WvW, since I’m honestly getting tired of seeing ghost towns in team chat in the borderland maps.

Good on ya. I’m personally not fond of vulturing other server’s guilds. If they want to leave to another server they know who they faced and where they wish to go.

I hope you have some success and we meet NSP another match-up one day where you give us kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: HellHeart.4391

HellHeart.4391

Well, it was a good fight( frustrating for the most part but fun) against Ebay. Learned a few tricks when it comes to siege. Our guild certainly had to take things a lot more seriously when I see SM on our borders during the morning.. lol

in WvW

Miu Xie.5872

Ehmry Bay…your trebbing of Wildcreek Run and having Sorrows Furnace take it from us, and vice versa is pretty amusing….

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

It was a fun matchup once again. I wonder if we are going to get a three-peat?

in WvW

Posted by: Raific.4652

Raific.4652

It was a fun week. Kudos to SF for stepping up even with both other teams out numbering them. EBay, good job on your win and GL on the next weeks match.

To those that believe Ebay, NSP and SF have relatively the same WVW population; you may want to wake up and kick the denial for your own benefit. Keep thinking that way and the following weeks are going to be a real eye opener. Embrace your strengths and weaknesses and try to work on them. Do not pretend it was all skill and leadership and the ones below you simply had less.

And to anyone that thinks they are immune to World Abandoners/hoppers; don’t be ignorant.

I think the next week is going to be a great week for NSP. SF, I am looking forward to meeting you guys in the field again! We had some fun battles this week. Great fights to all, regardless of rank placement!

Guild Officer, Supply and Demand [SAnD]
Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Miu Xie.5872

Looks like the next matchup will be Dragonbrand/NSP/SF and Mag/EBay/Eredon Terrace.

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Raific.4652

Raific.4652

Looks like the next matchup will be Dragonbrand/NSP/SF and Mag/EBay/Eredon Terrace.

Yep, I think this will be a much more even match up. Can’t wait!

Guild Officer, Supply and Demand [SAnD]
Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Yeah true that! We haven’t fought those of Eredon Terrace yet I don’t believe, but we’ve been itching for a rematch with Maguuma now that we’ve got our act together :P

It’s been a fun two weeks NSP, best of luck next week.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

I’ve really enjoyed having the same matchup for two weeks, I think it gave everyone a good chance to get to know what’s going on in the communities of all three servers. Everyone seems pretty cool and I’ll look forward to the next rematch.

in WvW

Posted by: Arctius.7589

Arctius.7589

Win or lose, I’m very proud of the way everyone’s fought these past two weeks. SF, those times you got your act together you really put up a fight. Ebay, you folks were always an interesting match. I enjoyed facing both of you; though I look forward to a (somewhat) new matchup.

Well, Ebay, I hope you guys give Mag and ET a good run for their money; if not a good thrashing.

Kaimien – level 64~ Charr Engineer.

Northern Shiverpeaks, [Meow]

in WvW

Posted by: Venjin.3520

Venjin.3520

On Wednesday night 8 NSF members working together fought with a group of about 15 EB members for hours and it was brilliant. The fights for the tower were awesome and I am sure both sides had many kills. Last night was a different story as NSF could only muster about 5-8 people in the EB Borderlands. I will not complain as SF had maybe 3-5 while EB had its usual 15-30 depending if we took anything. The match has been fun but 90% of the time EB outnumbers NSF and SF combined at least 10-1.

in WvW

Posted by: Forenza.7502

Forenza.7502

right now ET is like the time when AA left NSP -.-

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

NSP is putting up a good fight, but EB is once again proving good leadership > zerg

You guys are the zerg…

+1

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Toble.2968

Lol at eredon terrace fighting eredon terrace next week.

Should be funny.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: Lilun.8732

Lilun.8732

Now kids, everyone of us can Zerg equally. It just depends on the time and place.

in WvW

Toble.2968

Now kids, everyone of us can Zerg equally. It just depends on the time and place.

Actually, no, no we can not.

The only time when Ehmry bay has less people is from 6am until around 12 noon.

All other times, I have personally found both sorrows furnace BL, ehmry BL, NSP BL, and Eternal very populated by Ehmry bay.

Wednesday at 6pm, my guild went to NSP borderlands and took over the entire map for our server.

We left to ehmry bay borderlands, all blue, and the guild was unable to make headway on even towers in the EB borderlands.

5 of us stayed in NSP BL and soon enough our Bay keep was overrun by over 40 ehmry bay as they took that and hills away from the 20 people on the map while successfully holding their side in ETB, holding SF borderlands and defending against over 40 extra people in EB borderlands.

NSP and sorrows furnace simply do not have enough people to keep our borderlands full against ehmry bay numbers. we never have ques anymore, so the population is a huge problem in these weeks with Eredon Terrace, Oops. I mean, Ehmry bay. It is population since more than 1/2 of the day at least 2 of the borderlands NSP players have the outmanned buffs and sometimes on all three BL maps.

We even occasionally get outmanned on Eternal, which is just crazy.

I have heard it is similar on sorrows furnace. Thankfully this new match up will be more balanced against our next opponents who have similar scores due to similar populations.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Northern Shiverpeaks, I just wanted to let you know.. we are doing our best to help you get rid of those whiny emos from your server.. http://www.gw2nsp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uKN64FZJSt0

Yep. The Nope Alliance made it through.
http://gw2eb.com/

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

It was a fun week. Kudos to SF for stepping up even with both other teams out numbering them. EBay, good job on your win and GL on the next weeks match.

To those that believe Ebay, NSP and SF have relatively the same WVW population; you may want to wake up and kick the denial for your own benefit. Keep thinking that way and the following weeks are going to be a real eye opener. Embrace your strengths and weaknesses and try to work on them. Do not pretend it was all skill and leadership and the ones below you simply had less.

And to anyone that thinks they are immune to World Abandoners/hoppers; don’t be ignorant.

I think the next week is going to be a great week for NSP. SF, I am looking forward to meeting you guys in the field again! We had some fun battles this week. Great fights to all, regardless of rank placement!

I’ve been here on Ehmry Bay the entire time and I’m very cognizant of numbers. It’s something I always pay close attention to because most people are simply unable to be objective about them.

Yes everyone gets joiners and leavers. But this is not random and the core population numbers still vary. This excuse will fall away as free transfers get completely locked down little by little.

Fact is that NSP lost some of it’s player base from it’s losses before our match-up and Ehmry Bay gained it during it’s wins before this match-up. We started at roughly equal levels. Sorrows Furnace I am not sure of because alot of their WvW crowd is pretty fickle, no offense.

Ehmry Bay coordinated a strike on both SF and NSP borderlands when the match opened. It actually failed at first but we adjusted strategy and kept our eyes on our original objective while doing other things. When the door opened we took our respective keeps and got a foothold.

Over the course of the weekend there was a fierce struggle and we were actually vying for 2nd and third place at times. Ultimately by the end of the weekend we gained first though.

It wasn’t a by a large margin or anything, but that was enough. At the mere fact we ended up being 1st at the end of the weekend some NSP players stopped playing and their prime time hours shrunk , SF virtually disappeared. We got some transfers from this, tis true, but nowhere near the amount that disappeared from both sides.

Transfers suck, they do, they mess up world PVP balance right now. But this was never a landslide victory match and alot of those that stopped playing WvW were not people that transferred.

Perhaps most telling: lets say they were all transfers. Who wins? Nobody. That invalidates alot of your former victories every bit as much as ours. In that case they were never NSP, SF, or Ebay players and as such nobody is to blame but them.

Keep working hard and build up your server, transfer shenanigans will be over soon enough. When the dust clears each losing side in turn will have new excuses for losses, including us :P.

in WvW

Miu Xie.5872

Match is over!

Ehmry Bay – 268601
Northern Shiverpeaks – 200970
Sorrow’s Furnace – 143838

Good fight, and have fun!

Sanae Kurita, Mag