11/30: AR/ET/GoM

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

So this week is different for us here in Tier 7 with the addition of Eredon Terrace in our bracket (sorry you guys had so many transfers off) and BP moving up into Tier 6. So this week we have a different game plan going on and hopefully we’ll see some activity out of you guys on ET and maybe you’ll pick up some guilds.

So this week in mind, what do you hope to see out of this matchup? Have your plans changed on strategy or will they be implemented the same way? Who do you think will be gunned after the most?

See you guys on the battlefield in 5 hours…

/bow

Let’s keep it classy!

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Fisher.8290

Fisher.8290

I am so sad (wiping daggers clean of BP blood).

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

so what color are we. just asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

If http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA holds true, AR = Green, ET = Blue, GoM = Red.

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

It’s going to be interesting. ET simply has almost no representation from what I’ve seen, so it appears to be primarily a two-way fight. And with so much area to cover, if GoM can’t reverse its own recent downward population trend, I imagine AR will have a very strong match this week.

in WvW

Posted by: MissDemeanor.9253

MissDemeanor.9253

Finally, we’ll get into the Lowlands Keep in EB! Vista, here I come!

in WvW

ktith.6197

I remember a few people last night talking about how they needed vistas that were in BP territory…and now you’ll have access to them.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I look forward to this match up.

I know ET is on a slide, but they might have found their match up! We’ll how it goes.

Good luck Everyone!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I am so sad (wiping daggers clean of BP blood).

same here! too bad they were so much larger in population. BP would’ve taken GoM’s spot in the points ranking this week.
i suppose i should clean up the cliff next to cliff side after pushing so many off.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

ktith.6197

@Light

Heard about that….was something like mass suicides you read about.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Having a no-show server makes the matchup implode because any small difference in strength between the remaining two servers is suddenly magnified, and scores quickly become landslides.

For everyone’s sake, pray that ET finds their fighting spirit! Good luck to everyone here.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I wish there were a mechanic in place to prevent that. Such as if your scoring falls below +50, your server’s Lion’s Arch waypoints become contested in PvE land. Those PvErs already reap the benefit of the WvW bonuses we provide, so might as well give ’em a penalty to make sure they defend their land.

in WvW

ktith.6197

They could easily impose restrictions, but the problem with restrictions of population on the maps is for instance:

Anet puts max pop cap to be even with another pop cap for each server in question. 5 people log into map and tell everyone else to stay out. This means that only 5 people from other two said maps (10 combined) can log into said map(s). That would alienate the rest of the wvw population.

Anet caps wvw off at a certain limit (similar to the queues). Alienates wvw population again because only X people could get in.

Unfortunately in order to keep it “fair” for everyone they have to leave the population caps alone and the landslides just are collateral damage from the resulting lack of people from one side or another. Also people play a large factor in this as well because human’s aren’t built to “lose” so they flock to winning servers in order to not lose even though this has no bearing on life.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

@Light

Heard about that….was something like mass suicides you read about.

may as well have been! they went back twice

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

My prediction is that Anvil Rock scores big this week, moves up a tier, and Henge of Denravi moves down to this tier.

This is a prime example of how the server transfers ruined servers, more so than the population Borlis Pass gained. Because of long Queue times, two of the top tier servers ET, and HoD had a very large amount of players leave those servers, and they’ve been going down ever since.

Server Transfers need to have a 21 day wait before a transfer, or a limit of 2 transfers per account. They ruin matchups, and mess up the ELO system.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

I’m hoping that the Anvil Rock alliance / commanders have enough sense to leave ET alone.

1- Show some class, no sense in beating on them .

2-Show some math skills, the less points we gain the better the chance we stay in this bracket and avoid getting sent up to Tier 6 and facing SF, which will just be a lame week of Wv3.

-K

-K

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

heres to another week of zerg fests and bandwagons! gooooooooooooooooooo team! yeah , GrimBeerd do that. i mean we don’t mind getting zerged all day in GOMBL. again.

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

the few original GoM players that are left(if there are more of you out there, you’re probably feeling this way) are so demoralized after seeing our population diminish constantly, every week we seem to have less GoMs and more of whatever enemy team. AR’s numbers seem to have bloody tripled not even borlis pass was able to attack our garrison at ten minute intervals with a 40 deep mob. world transfers need to stop. you need to do something about this arenanet. anvil rock is living proof especially of this, as their biggest guild is from OUR server.

in WvW

Posted by: Cullan.9645

Cullan.9645

I’ve noticed the increase in players on AR also, bloody annoying the kitten outa me cause now there is a que
or maybe it’s cause we are doing well

in WvW

ktith.6197

A lot of AR’s numbers are coming from people getting done with PvE and just coming into WvW. We’ve seen a lot of people asking about what to do because they’re asking where to go, what to do. AR has always had numbers as well, but lack of organization. It’s gotten better…I’ll be first to admit to it. People are starting to work together that may not like each other for the betterment of the server.

I personally felt that this week we were going to be kinda heavy for this weekend, maybe a prediction…who knows. We’ll see how it goes for the week though.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

I’ve noticed the increase in players on AR also, bloody annoying the kitten outa me cause now there is a que
or maybe it’s cause we are doing well

AR always has a big showing on Fri-Sunday and it tapers off during the week.

AR also has its share of fair weather Wv3 guilds/players.

-K

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

good to see ET showing up for a fight Lets have fun this week.

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

That looks like a great spread – I’ll be cheering for the fighters at ET. The people left there who still fight are heroes and I hope they’ve found their place in the ladder to shine.

in WvW

ktith.6197

I noticed GoM had a Anet guy running with their zerg tonight at SM….

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

ktith.6197

Great defense at SM tonight on AR’s part. It’s probably one of the first and few times I’ve seen this server working together to keep something as grand as SM. Plus with most, if not all, of our EB towers upgraded to their fullest extent…that’s a huge change over weeks past.

Many thanks to some of the peeps from Blackmire Group [BG] that we’re running near/with me to help build siege and do SM repairs…it’s always nice to have some extra help. Grats to AR in EB for holding it together and playing like champs. I hope that this isn’t because we’re the “winning” server this week and that it’s more because everyone finally decided to get along for the greater good of the server.

And, thanks Anet guy on GoM for letting me spike you….it was the highlight of my night.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I would have laughed if you had said he alt-f4’d on downed

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

A lot of AR’s numbers are coming from people getting done with PvE and just coming into WvW. We’ve seen a lot of people asking about what to do because they’re asking where to go, what to do. AR has always had numbers as well, but lack of organization. It’s gotten better…I’ll be first to admit to it. People are starting to work together that may not like each other for the betterment of the server.

I personally felt that this week we were going to be kinda heavy for this weekend, maybe a prediction…who knows. We’ll see how it goes for the week though.

Wait, when we said this about BP you basically called us all liars and said we were winning just because of numbers.

Love the hypocrisy from AR.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Might be the same one we were hanging with yesterday in our borderland. Pretty friendly guy!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

I definitely noticed a huge population increase for AR today. It’ll make things interesting for us in GoM, that’s for sure.

in WvW

Posted by: OhOhK.6382

OhOhK.6382

Good work to everyone. Fun start.

Guild Founder – Legion Of Reapers [LoR]
Commander Phantom Spectre
Crystal Desert

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

the few original GoM players that are left(if there are more of you out there, you’re probably feeling this way) are so demoralized after seeing our population diminish constantly, every week we seem to have less GoMs and more of whatever enemy team.

I’m primarily a late-night player and couldn’t be happier with GoM right now. Maybe it’s different for you day-siders and prime-timers, but our overnight crew has been out in force the last couple of weeks, even on weeknights. Pretty much every night this week, I’d have to finally force myself to log off around 5:30 am CST even though multiple commanders were still online and major battles were still happening. AR and BP’s late-nighters weren’t too shabby, either.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Why are anet staff running with GoM this week? It’s cool to kill them an all, but tonight, GoM seems to have a very large morning crew.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

tight race. should be a fun match up all week . ET seems to have held its own overnight..

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Viada.7501

Viada.7501

ET will be putting up a fight! We had a blast last night! Anvril Rock, GOM, you guys are awesome, great teamwork, nice field battles. The guilds on ET have formed a new alliance and we are building our forces. The loyal players who stayed on ET are strong-willed, fight with heart, skillful, smart players. We do the best we can with what we got. Most of all, we have a LOT of fun! See you on the battleground tonight!

Viada – Guild Leader
[TAC] Tactical Terror
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

that’s happened once before, coincidentally(probably not) was at a time when GoM was also against a server that overwhelmingly outnumbered us. Ehmry Bay i believe.

in WvW

ktith.6197

@GSS

Actually I know of two guilds that transfered to BP in last week’s matchup, but I have no doubt that you had several people getting done with PvE that added to your overall compliment of players for WvW. I’ll even admit that I believe that someone transferred to AR last night (a guild) because I’ve seen some new names in WvW and PvE and a couple new guild names that I’ve not seen here in the last 4 weeks.

The difference here is, that people on AR are likely to admit that they got some transfers to the server and won’t pull that “we don’t have any more players here” garbage. There’s a difference between 20 new WvWer’s and 50-60 new WvWers. I remember when BP was in the last Tier and I remember the numbers that BP had then. We can all dodge the ending result, but we all know that any server that has a potential population explosion (that’s noticable) that it likely resulted from transfers….not from people getting done with PvE.

That said if I actually (me) said something hypocritical, then I apologize on my part. I can only report on what I (me) see when out on the battlefield and when I’m PvE farming and see new names and have new conversations about WvW.

@general convo

I thought for sure the anet guy was playing with GoM because somehow AR got reported for using a bug or any of that other nonsense. It’s my first time seeing anyone with the icon playing in WvW, though that’s not to say that they don’t regularily do it and that they don’t have the right to play obviously. They were on a Charr Engineer and that icon just made for a bullseye, plus hey he fired first

I see we’ve lost SM as of the posted screenie above, but I figured that was coming due to dwindling numbers even at around 2am EST. At least we know that we’ve got the people to hold it during the primetime hours.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I wanted to apologize to my AR team members. The event I was planning on doing yesterday was postponed due to the initial score getting a bit out of hand and getting out of work late. Still planning on it, just didn’t seem like the right time. Hopefully I can get back on the battlefield and make it happen.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

ktith.6197

@Dov

Some were asking about that last night, but totally understandable given the current scoring. Golems are fun, but that should be a video moment just for S&G’s.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

That’s why I want to do it. We are on the same page. GoM and ET, you guys may want to run some video cap on the ready the next day or two.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

(edited by Dovgan.8605)

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

And WHERE should we be watching and prepared to shoot some video? o_O

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Everywhere……

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: OhOhK.6382

OhOhK.6382

Sounds like fun.

Guild Founder – Legion Of Reapers [LoR]
Commander Phantom Spectre
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

Should at least be fun to see. AR was focused on getting points set up and fortified, I didn’t want to detract from day one of the new match up. Doing larger scale events tends to pull focus away from what guilds/groups are doing, and yesterday didn’t feel like good timing. Hopefully I can escape work and see what is going on.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

Wait, when we said this about BP you basically called us all liars and said we were winning just because of numbers.

Love the hypocrisy from AR.

I remember lots of matchs back all BP did was stay in there borderlands while we fought SF or EB… HA

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

i’m sorry, but i have to ask. is like, every AR mesmer illusion spec’d? that’s kind of…funny.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

i’m sorry, but i have to ask. is like, every AR mesmer illusion spec’d? that’s kind of…funny.

Nope, condition damage bunker right here. In fact I had a funny run in with a GoM warrior the other night, I was pilling on the confusion and he just stood ther laughing (he was a tank spec). I couldn’t do any damage to him because he wasn’t trying to hit me lol

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

Nope, condition damage bunker right here. In fact I had a funny run in with a GoM warrior the other night, I was pilling on the confusion and he just stood ther laughing (he was a tank spec). I couldn’t do any damage to him because he wasn’t trying to hit me lol

i had a funny run with an AR warrior myself. but on my eng tank

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

Mesmer for a reason…….

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

@GSS

Actually I know of two guilds that transfered to BP in last week’s matchup, but I have no doubt that you had several people getting done with PvE that added to your overall compliment of players for WvW. etc..

I should explain something real quick. I agree that we must have had transfers, though who I don’t know. What you couldn’t see though is the amount of PvE that was going on in BP. Almost every place on the map was a ghost land, except for LA and CS/FG. BP had a huge amount of people at 80, or about to hit 80. We really don’t have much anywhere else. So when Dai/other commanders started recruiting we did increase. I haven’t said at all that BP didn’t get a big increase in population. Just that I think it’s mostly due to people coming to wvw from pve. I could be wrong, and I will openly admit that. I have no way of knowing for sure.

Also I respect you, and most of AR a great deal. You guys were improving. I remember a few weeks ago when we won so easily, we took most of eb/part of your bl and you guys had only minimal upgrades on towers and no upgrades on camps. It was like you didn’t care. Then you got better, and that last week you guys were actively upgrading. It made taking things harder, and allowed smaller forces to hold out against much larger zergs. It made a huge difference. That wasn’t even the only area, you guys improved in almost everything. You either had a commander that knew what to do, or players that figured it out. It was great to watch, and I remember thinking you guys are going to be great to fight against. GoM was the same, they were learning and upgrading too.

I got aggravated because it seems that AR in general were completely ignoring the improvements BP made as a server, and thought it was just numbers. I knew the same thing would happen with you guys once I saw how much you were all improving. You were moving better, and not placing siege at strange places (the rams to take down a wall come to mind) arrow carts back a little more etc.

Numbers place a huge role, but so does the rest of it. I can’t wait to fight against you guys again. I hope we can all have a clean fight. If so I think everyone will have fun no matter what the rankings are.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@GSS

Not a single person has said that Borlis Pass hasn’t improved on organization, not one, nada, zilch, zip.

What we’ve been telling you is that you have gained a lot of players, but you take offense to that one, simple fact, and in this game, numbers win. If you can’t put any amount of defense on three, of the four maps you are going to lose no matter how good you are, or how bad you are.

I came over to Anvil Rock months ago from Henge of Denravi, when all of us were fed up with kitten queue times, that reached 7 hours during peak time ON ALL MAPS. When I came over, there was an alliance on Anvil Rock in an uproar over fighting a high elo server, and if memory serves, it was Ehmry Bay. This entire alliance left Anvil Rock, and rumor has it by those who were in the alliance that didn’t go with them, that half of the alliance went to Borlis Pass.

Not long after that another guild left Anvil Rock, about the time Gates of Madness entered into the tier, when Gates of Madness could actually field some numbers. During this time Borlis Pass picked up a guild by the name of WAR, who showed very good organization skills, and got things done. That caused more fair weather players to leave Anvil Rock.

It wasn’t a week after WAR joined Borlis Pass, and we see an even greater increase in Borlis Pass numbers. You began fielding enough players to fight on three maps, while Gates of Madness noticably lost population, and could barely hold their own on one map.

It’s hard when you’re on the receiving end, not to notice brother. I’m sorry you’re taking offense to that one simple fact, but fact is you got a HUGE boost in population. I don’t recall anyone from Anvil Rock saying bad things about Borlis Pass, when you didn’t have the population. But low and behold the second you get a bigger population, your server has been inuslting us left, and right.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece