11/30: AR/ET/GoM

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Great battles tonight in EB, especially GoM defending their overlook….just too many arrow carts to contend with for the time being. I’m sure you’ll make us pay for it later this morning as we’re all starting to log off to go to bed.

To AR, appreciate the comments and general cooperation from several unexpected people this overnight shift. It’s a great feeling to see this server work together and not be a 100% zerg all the time. Now we need to hold some “Siege and You” classes so that some of you that don’t know what to do with what type of siege will know from here on out.

/peace out

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

ya i had fun with GoM in EB keep the fight going and lets not forget to have fun. /bow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

On behalf of SoS and the rest of this server.

As the leader of SoS I must give alot of respects to GoM and their defense of overlook, you guys did an amazing job. I was pulling several attempts at you guys, leading from my alt. Your mort shots were amazing, I will tell you guys right now, overlook would have never fell if you had enough people and enough supplies. Those two played a huge factor in our ability to take you out, and I must commend everyone for a job well done in that keep.

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

I got aggravated because it seems that AR in general were completely ignoring the improvements BP made as a server, and thought it was just numbers. I knew the same thing would happen with you guys once I saw how much you were all improving. You were moving better, and not placing siege at strange places (the rams to take down a wall come to mind) arrow carts back a little more etc.

Numbers place a huge role, but so does the rest of it. I can’t wait to fight against you guys again. I hope we can all have a clean fight. If so I think everyone will have fun no matter what the rankings are.

It isn’t that we ignore how well you’ve improved. We all have, it wasn’t until GoM showed up in this bracket that both BP and AR had a chance to start to properly learn how to Wv3. To your credit , BP got your act together much faster than Anvil Rock. For that you deserve credit.

However your side, BP, fails to admit that the biggest factor in their ability to win was the increase in Wv3 participation. When you go from being able to field forces in 2 maps, to 3 maps, to then 4 maps, that takes both organization but also numbers. But for some reason,even mentioning numbers was like some awful insult.

Case in point. Anvil Rock is winning this match, because we can field more players on the field.

See, the world doesn’t end when you admit the obvious.

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Prime example of what I’m talking about, this is a post from the BP match-up.

They are still talking smack without ever mentioning the increase in Wv3 participation.

-K

“Then you’re really going to be SO BORED next week when Anvil moves up to this bracket. They are just as vicious as we are.”

The funny thing is, we used to be horrible. In the early days we had Ehmry Bay often and they destroyed us. Then we got settled in with AR and they dominated us initially too. For a while, the norm was to log into WvW and see where we were losing—because we were always losing.

This pissed everyone off, we had some good commanders together and they started to coordinate and recruit. Then we broke AR’s back and took over our bracket.

Hopefully we can be the same inspiration for SF (does HoD even play?)

-K

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I got aggravated because it seems that AR in general were completely ignoring the improvements BP made as a server, and thought it was just numbers. I knew the same thing would happen with you guys once I saw how much you were all improving. You were moving better, and not placing siege at strange places (the rams to take down a wall come to mind) arrow carts back a little more etc.

Numbers place a huge role, but so does the rest of it. I can’t wait to fight against you guys again. I hope we can all have a clean fight. If so I think everyone will have fun no matter what the rankings are.

It isn’t that we ignore how well you’ve improved. We all have, it wasn’t until GoM showed up in this bracket that both BP and AR had a chance to start to properly learn how to Wv3. To your credit , BP got your act together much faster than Anvil Rock. For that you deserve credit.

However your side, BP, fails to admit that the biggest factor in their ability to win was the increase in Wv3 participation. When you go from being able to field forces in 2 maps, to 3 maps, to then 4 maps, that takes both organization but also numbers. But for some reason,even mentioning numbers was like some awful insult.

Case in point. Anvil Rock is winning this match, because we can field more players on the field.

See, the world doesn’t end when you admit the obvious.

-K

Actually if you look at my previous post on why I thought BP was doing so much better, my very first point was increased population. I’ve never denied that point, only said that it wasn’t the only factor.

Last week we were told how much we were going to be crushed this week when we moved up a tier. The guy wasn’t smack talking, he was pointing out that even though SF was supposed to beat us so easy we have done more than hold our own.

If we can all agree that population is a huge part of it, but it isn’t the only part then what is there to argue about? I won’t deny population, but as you guys are seeing right now it’s also learning what to do and when.

in WvW

Posted by: daneo.9732

daneo.9732

I am very disappointed with every single player on GoM. Really guys are YOU all going to let AR walk all over you? up until last match up they were the red headed step child of tier 7 sense we lowered our self to this bracket. now they slap YOU all around and YOU all treat them like a large server from the upper tiers of the ladder.

I am sick of seeing people afk in the keep in EB I am sick of seeing people sit around in the spawn in the other zones. I am sick of seeing a million people out side dungeons like AC all decked out in exotics farming gold while under geared noobs with no brains buts their butts in WvW out maned, out geared, and out organized.

Really GoM if you have any fight left in you get in WvW get your server organized and lets put up a fight for once. I have been here as we descended tier to tier to tier. I have seen PRO, TCMM, and the other large guilds transfer off stealing our WVWers. I cant stay on this server if we are going to be outnumbered 2-1 to 3-1 every night.

Really guys get on and help out or next week maybe 3 weeks from now our server is going to look like ET.

in WvW

ktith.6197

I wondered where PRO came from as there were varying reports on the matter. Which they went to a losing server at the time (6 weeks ago) to Devona’s Rest. Got to run with those guys for a while on DR…seemed like a 50/50 guild (never knew what you were gonna get).

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

@daneo

I am disappointed also. GoM has a lot of potential, but we waste it.

This happened three times yesterday:
- We owned GoM BL and were upgrading it well.
- AR showed up with a zerg, and we were too disorganized to do anything about it (despite clear instructions in chat, more than enough numbers, and piles of unmanned defenses).
- Various members of my guild started whispering all the commanders we knew until one came to kick everyone into gear and defend our stuff.
- We would retake everything and build defenses.
- Eventually that commander had to leave, because commanders have lives too.
- Wait 15 minutes, repeat.

It is obvious that we have the skill to hold off AR despite their superior numbers. We probably won’t win, but I don’t care about that so long as we put up a good fight. However we have two HUGE weaknesses, and AR knows how to exploit them.

1) No one works together unless there is a commander tag giving the orders. We have a handful of REALLY great commanders, who have stuck with us. We have also lost a great many of our commanders, and there are not enough to fill all the zones at all times (and if there were, I’m not sure how those commanders would coordinate who covers what and when).

2) We have no server communication. No one knows what is going on. People don’t call in useful reports. Sometimes guilds keep track of things internally, and stuff goes great for a while, but that only works for a short time. We need persistent communication and coordination that does not depend on a particular guild or commander.

Solution) We need a server wide alliance. I keep hearing rumors that we have one, or used to have one. I’ve spent a pathetic about of time in WvW, and I’ve never encountered an alliance directly. Until we do this, we will keep losing things that we shouldn’t. We will keep losing morale. We will keep losing good players and guilds to server transfers. We will not be able to build up our numbers.

So here is the question, does this server alliance exist? If so, speak up and make yourself visible. If not, can we get several of the major GoM guilds/commanders to start one?

(P.S. Having all the WvW players join one guild is NOT a solution. That super guild can only claim 1 location. Additionally, it is a roadblock to people who do not want to lose their guild. We want everyone involved.)

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

Just want to sneak back in and give the devils their due. BP moved up to the next tier, and we were totally ready to get spanked by the harder servers until we learned new strategies. Not happening. It seems in the weeks (years?) that GoM, AR, and BP fought each other, we all learned to bring our A game every day and every night. After a few days of fighting SF and HoD, many of us BPers are seriously underwhelmed. HoD is mostly missing in action, and even though SF can field huge numbers of people, they have no organization at all, so fighting off their superior numbers is child’s play after facing down ten AR golems at once.

There is not one thief in the new match up that can hold a candle to the least GoM thief, nor do these teams have anything resembling your cunning. And AR? Our entire concept of defense was built around your strategic offenses. Now it feels like it’s wasted on these guys. Seven of us slapped back 20 SFers at Lake, something we could never have done against either of your teams.

So if any of you are worried about moving up a tier, don’t be. Our three teams banged heads for weeks and forced each other to adapt, strategize, and grow. The difference for us with these other teams is almost painful. Two days in, and they seem to have just given up the maps.

We already warned the QQing SFers that there’s a good chance they will see Borlis and Anvil next week, and then they won’t know what hit them. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

So here’s to you guys. You’re the stronger teams, by far. GoM just needs to cultivate its PvEers and teach them what you already know. Expand your roster, you already have the talent. AR just needs to punch numbers and rack up points, there’s enough of you to do the job. You are both already better than you realize.

Meet you at the top…

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

GoM here. Look my guild chose Gate of Madness because we liked the name and, during BWEs, it was in the sweet spot between queue times and WvW population. The server is nothing like it was back then. It’s a ghost town both in WvW and in the rest of the world. The only place I see people is Lion’s Arch, and since I don’t stand around and loiter, I’m rarely there.

My guild and I would like to join and work with WvW-centric guilds, but what are they? I’ve seen a lot of ONYX tags and I’ve heard about AI (missing special characters). But I never see any effort to recruit except small guilds just starting up. Nobody wants to be a leader, it seems. I don’t…I have a real life that precludes me from spending much time in game, let alone running server operations.

If we don’t have the leadership, and we don’t have the infrastructure (voice chat), and we don’t have the organization (alliances) and we don’t have the population (the world is empty) and we don’t have the interest (everyone is doing FOTM), what chance do we have?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Come on over to Anvil Rock!

Seriously, with borlis dominating the tier the just entered, the formation of a new Anvil Madness (or gates of rock lol) tag team would be able to go toe to toe with them. Add to the fact we are on TS I am sure you might find thingss little more bare able over here!

I understand server loyalty and all that. But if you are not a leader or a captain, why go down with the ship?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

If there’s ever a server merge, I’d happily welcome AR to our ranks. Them Anvil Rock folks are a-ok in my book.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

To the bp guy. it’s been 5 weeks since we droped down to this tier. things must of changed up there. when we where there one of them ruled the night. the other ruled the morning. and gom took after work hours. so relax, start working on training your lowbies it’s not that tier you have to worry about. you probably won’t have a problem till you reach the bottom of the middle tiers.

To Anvil Rock/ and Gom. we should leave E.t Alone on there borderlands. let them take the map. that way more of there pve players will join and we will get a better war going. Let’s face it neither of us needs to take there lands to win. we can fight over our bl.s and Eb. (i don’t speak for any server, just a suggestion. and im sure et could use the time to figure out some zerg breaks and to train there pve people)

Eviator, it’s seems to me that Gom and Newl take are homelands while RH attacks anvil borderlands untill called to defend. last i checked Ai was still trying to get a commander (should be any time soon, how are you progressing insanity?)
Ip seems to be recruiting alot. but i rarely see them. Ubec is also a wvw guild i believe there also a bigger one as i see them all over the pond.
(again i refuse all guilds so, this is just from my outside vantage point)

I think one of Gom’s problems is all the bwe/pre sale crowd have stopped getting upgrades/seige let’s face it we got fed up of buying stuff just to lose it 2 mins later.
This is changing slowly though as Gom guild and Rh seem to defend alot more ive started to buy seige again. I’d Urge everyone to do the same, (its the only way we can fight there numbers atm)

Sorry for the long rant fella’s.
May the Madness be with you.

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

At GOM…we have people who NEVER want to defend. Its a huge problem.

I get tired of dropping siege and have it being lost after 15 minutes so I rarely drop siege.

And we should leave ET Borderlands alone! Our players are few as it is and its really annoying to see everyone spread out.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

holy crap.
that’s all i’ve got after what just happened.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

SO how many guilds switched to AR? You guys did not have this many last week

Hope you enjoy the map being all green.

(edited by melodyca.8921)

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

It could be a couple of things.

A- folks moved to AR from GoM>

B-Fair weather Wv3.

C- we can focus on forces on GoM .

No way to tell.

-K

-K

in WvW

melodyca.8921

B-Fair weather Wv3.

No way to tell.

-K

Well, I truly hope you guys enjoy the whole map being green because some of us in GOM are tired and too demoralized to care.

They really need to stop the server transfers.

The match was far more even and fair last week.

in WvW

ktith.6197

I’ve not noticed any new guild tags and anyone can correct me if I’m not right there. There is definitely some new faces though and probably several that jumped ship from both GoM and ET or any other server heading in the downward spiral.

There are people chest thumping in map chat and like I’ve told them, we were here at the demoralization state not too long ago and that we’ll reap what we sow. It’s too bad that people flip servers constantly when things aren’t going well for them….but it isn’t any server’s fault for that…we’ve got no control over who comes or who goes.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

B-Fair weather Wv3.

No way to tell.

-K

Well, I truly hope you guys enjoy the whole map being green because some of us in GOM are tired and too demoralized to care.

They really need to stop the server transfers.

The match was far more even and fair last week.

Agreed. It isn’t fun from our end either.

Good news for you , next week you’ll have ET and HoD. Should be a very even match.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

We had one small guild come from BP, I that I know of. Atleast that is all that was introduced in our weekly leaders meeting. We have also picked up 1 or 2 guilds for the past couple of weeks, but thats not what your seeing this week. The big thing is we are winning and that is bringing out the fair weather WvWer’s. We still dont have any Q’s on any of the maps except for the rare occassion.

There’s not a whole lot different this week except that BP isnt here, and we arent concentrating on them. Also we are trying to get the score up to prevent another collaspe like 2 weeks ago, since we dont seem to consistantly have a night crew. We made the mistake last week to semi leave you guys alone, then BP took everything and GOM for the most part didnt take there stuff back. GOM not playing last week scewed the score, which is why we arent leaveing ET alone. Also we took BP’s advise and started hitting up the PvEer’s!

Basically what your seeing in a comulative effect of several things! An alliance that works together, a few more people, We were concentrating our numbers on BP, now we are concentrating them on you, we are getting more organized, and playing smarter.

IMHO
Anvil Rock is about 2 or 3 medium sized guilds for a night crew from being pretty good. We could also use a few more primetime guilds as well, ID like to run a few dungeons :-P

BTW you GOM and ET guys that play WvW and want to be apart of a good alliance that works together, should look at Anvil Rock. The allaince is already set up and we already have a server wide TS. Also there is a decent possibilty that Anvil Rock is going to face BP next week and we are going to need the help!

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Yeah, this is exactly why I didn’t release the 40 golem zerg. No way I would do that to ET or GoM. Much respect for servers that are taking hits. AR has been getting beat on for a long time.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Yeah, this is exactly why I didn’t release the 40 golem zerg. No way I would do that to ET or GoM. Much respect for servers that are taking hits. AR has been getting beat on for a long time.

i can say nothing but ‘playing the victim’ isn’t really ….accurate. we’ve been against you for a month now, i knowwhy you have the numbers, so do you. your population in wvw has tripled, denying that would just be lying. enjoy your week. it’s like your server suddenly enjoys wvw. if you don’t mind, i’d rather just keep my 40 point gain and do without your condescending attitude, thanks.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

i can say nothing but ‘playing the victim’ isn’t really ….accurate. we’ve been against you for a month now, i knowwhy you have the numbers, so do you. your population in wvw has tripled, denying that would just be lying. enjoy your week. it’s like your server suddenly enjoys wvw. if you don’t mind, i’d rather just keep my 40 point gain and do without your condescending attitude, thanks.

Not sure what you find condescending in the post. I have been playing on AR in Wv3 since release, and we have more people in there now then we ever have. Just because I don’t see the need to overkill doesn’t mean I am feigning superiority, I just see no point in doing it.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It’s so crazy seeing this thread. GoM/ET are saying the same things about AR that AR said about BP. AR is saying the same thing BP said, lol. Oh this is great.

Can’t wait for next week, this weeks wvw is boring. SF gave up, and HoD is more worried about trying to duel people than actually capture anything. AR was like that at the start. Tons of thieves, but you couldn’t take anything. Then you realized “hey, we should try to win” and you brought out your real players. Started taking stuff, and actually made it fun.

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

But low and behold the second you get a bigger population, your server has been inuslting us left, and right.

If you want to talk about insults I can repost some of the private messages you sent me. I think it’s better if we just ignore each other, so this is the last message of yours I will respond to.

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

It’s so crazy seeing this thread. GoM/ET are saying the same things about AR that AR said about BP. AR is saying the same thing BP said, lol. Oh this is great.

Can’t wait for next week, this weeks wvw is boring. SF gave up, and HoD is more worried about trying to duel people than actually capture anything. AR was like that at the start. Tons of thieves, but you couldn’t take anything. Then you realized “hey, we should try to win” and you brought out your real players. Started taking stuff, and actually made it fun.

Read it again.

Unlike Borlis Pass, Anvil Rock knows we out number Gates of Madness, and we have said so many times, even last week when we said; “We feel sorry for the decline in Gates of Madness pouplation”. You see, Anvil Rock isn’t under some delusion that population doesn’t play a major role in winning a 24 hour game, that requires participation during all hours to win.

Gates of Madness is suffering because a large portion of their server left, most to Borlis Pass, the rest to Anvil Rock. Gates of Madness is also suffering because Anvil Rock no longer has to focus its entire force on holding back the larger Borlis Pass force, so we can focus primarily on Gates of Madness because Eredon Terrace is non-existance, and isn’t putting up a fight.

Notice how Anvil Rock isn’t insulting Gates of Madness, unlike how Borlis Pass continues to do to Anvil Rock? We have better class, and are far more mature.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

But low and behold the second you get a bigger population, your server has been inuslting us left, and right.

If you want to talk about insults I can repost some of the private messages you sent me. I think it’s better if we just ignore each other, so this is the last message of yours I will respond to.

Yet you did respond, and you’re going to bring up my private messages, which are not in context to your insults you dished out long before anyone retaliated in kind. You’re the first person to insult, and it cracks me up that you constantly report people when they retaliate.

You still take offense over facts, and can’t get over the fact Borlis Pass has a larger population that helps in winning the point totals in a game that runs 24 hours a day. This isn’t a new issue to MMOs, and even Dark Age of Camelot oh so many years ago suffered due to population issues, and night caps.

Recognizing facts does not make for an insult, but you seem to think it does.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@Gates of Madness

You guys should hold your heads up. You put up a mad defense all weekend, and it took Anvil Rock a very long time to take your keep in Eternal Battlegrounds. There is nothing to be ashamed of, you guys gave it your all, and I would like to thank you for giving us such a long fight.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

The matchup is just starting for some of us. Don’t get comfortable.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

The matchup is just starting for some of us. Don’t get comfortable.

I’m waiting for you brother, bring it.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

melodyca.8921

People are on GOM Borderlands now talking about not playing for the rest of the week.
People are that demoralized.

Transfers need TO STOP

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

its not a HUGE boost in population! AR may of gotten 15 people so far but the PVP population is coming from our own PVE world . They been seeing us in WVW doing really well the 1st 2 days and more and more PVErs been showing. I do hate Free server transfers the servers will naturally fill up as time goes on and game improves. Free server transfers wipe out WVW for 1 side. Like what happened to AR before the new bunch of AR’s wvw alliance showed up.Gom last wee lost alot of players due to the big Bp servers and got fed up with it.

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

Guys need to stop fighting on this post. Just have fun. <><

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

melodyca.8921

its not a HUGE boost in population! AR may of gotten 15 people so far but the PVP population is coming from our own PVE world . They been seeing us in WVW doing really well the 1st 2 days and more and more PVErs been showing. I do hate Free server transfers the servers will naturally fill up as time goes on and game improves. Free server transfers wipe out WVW for 1 side. Like what happened to AR before the new bunch of AR’s wvw alliance showed up.

I’m sorry but the WHOLE MAP IS NEARLY green. I am not stupid. You have three times as many people as you did 3 weeks ago.

Oh and some of you really seem to ENJOY zerging small groups when your zerg is over 30 players.

And you guys even killed me when all I wanted was to finish the map. I just need the one vista in the jumping puzzle. I dont give a frig about the free siege.

I WANT to complete the map. Thats all.

Seriously have fun being all green. Its too bad you can’t fight among yourselves since most of us are likely going to ride this week out doing other things.

Its more fun when its even and right now its not.

(edited by melodyca.8921)

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

ROFLAMO yes when you lost 30% of your main pvpers on Gom we will outnumber you. Yes we do enjoy it who wouldnt? We have more people in PVP Again due to more PVE’ERS joining in. We have something called LEADERS and people who enjoy Small group raiding. Thats how we have the whole map and a thing called home land defense.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

Guys need to stop fighting on this post. Just have fun. <><

Nobodys fighting.

We’re just taking the week off.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

ROFLAMO yes when you lost 30% of your main pvpers on Gom we will outnumber you. Yes we do enjoy it who wouldnt? We have more people in PVP Again due to more PVE’ERS joining in. We have something called LEADERS and people who enjoy Small group raiding. Thats how we have the whole map and a thing called home land defense.

Whatever. Hope you enjoy being on your own. We have some pretty kitten good leaders as well but we cant do anything when you outnumber us and its pretty suspicious how your numbers grew from weeks ago.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

its not a HUGE boost in population! AR may of gotten 15 people so far but the PVP population is coming from our own PVE world . They been seeing us in WVW doing really well the 1st 2 days and more and more PVErs been showing. I do hate Free server transfers the servers will naturally fill up as time goes on and game improves. Free server transfers wipe out WVW for 1 side. Like what happened to AR before the new bunch of AR’s wvw alliance showed up.

I’m sorry but the WHOLE MAP IS NEARLY green. I am not stupid. You have three times as many people as you did 3 weeks ago.

Oh and some of you really seem to ENJOY zerging small groups when your zerg is over 30 players.

And you guys even killed me when all I wanted was to finish the map. I just need the one vista in the jumping puzzle. I dont give a frig about the free siege.

Seriously have fun being all green. Its too bad you can’t fight among yourselves since most of us are likely going to ride this week out doing other things.

We didn’t gain that many, at peak we hit a queue once on the weekend. You guys just happened to lose a lot of players to both Anvil Rock, but mainly to Borlis Pass. Your biggest guilds left, which is going to destroy any server.

We do outnumber you, just not for the reason you state.

That said, you guys did really good.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

bradderzh.2378

Well when you guys get henge and ET, I would expect the whole map to be yours.

It’s a simple case of losing teams giving up. I have been on anvil from the start and have seen it every week. I believe this is the first time we are looking at a win, ever.
Every other time people in our server look at the points deficit and think “no way am I going on wvw, I’ll just get stomped”. Hell, I even used to do it when I was lower levels.

I’m sure when you get two easy opponants next week and start winning, all your players will continue to play wvw and it will be you accused of having lots of guilds transfer in…

in WvW

melodyca.8921

We didn’t gain that many, at peak we hit a queue once on the weekend. You guys just happened to lose a lot of players to both Anvil Rock, but mainly to Borlis Pass. Your biggest guilds left, which is going to destroy any server.

Thanks but alot of us are too demoralized. I’m taking the rest of the week off.

oh and some of your team seem to getting overly big egos this week. That will be your downfall in the long run. Don’t trust them.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

oh and some of your team seem to getting overly big egos this week. That will be your downfall in the long run. Don’t trust them.

Go take camps, so I can take them back, and level my alt, he just hit 31.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

ktith.6197

Numbers up sure, but AR isn’t going to get a free ride so to speak. We’ll win this week, but we’ll also be a yo-yo for the next month unless the numbers stay put or increase. Win/Lose/Win/Lose…..at least you Gommies don’t have to bounce up and down from one bracket to the next for the next month.

It’s an unfortunate thing that happened to your server, but human nature even in a video game is to “survive” and not “die” off. People in general can’t deal with demoralizing standards such as losing repetitively or being crushed, so they’ll move to a server that’s winning, even if it’s just for that week. Your only options when this happens is to go with the rest of them, stay where you are, or don’t play the matchup (throwing it).

Of course AR is enjoying a green map now….they’ve been fighting like a champ for the past several weeks (that I’ve seen since I got here 4 weeks ago). But, most of us know what’s coming and it isn’t going to be pretty.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

bradderzh.2378

Melodyca, I don’t think Anvil Rock has ever won a matchup before. Maybe you are getting overly big ego’s mixed up with the elation of a win. It’s hard to stay at it when you lose or come second at best every week and now we are looking at a win in long last.

Yes we may not be anywhere near the higher tiers standards but we are trying the best with what we have and hope to keep up this momentum.

People giving up is exactly your servers problem, we have been there.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

Go take camps, so I can take them back, and level my alt, he just hit 31.

Cant take camps when theres 20 of you and only 5 of us

And at least give us the dignity to let us complete the mapping. Many of us just need that one Vista.

Last week AR did not attack GOM at the puzzle. I even worked with some to help fight Borlis camping. We still didnt make it to the end but at least it was worth the effort.

Now your egos are so high you kill us there.

Seriously Server transfers need to end.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Melody

I logged out to watch TV with the wife. I tried to get those guys to leave the camps, but they won’t.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: Doink.8597

Doink.8597

I just want to say Congrats to anvil rock for 100% WvW owning, we fought hard these last 3 days to make that happen, and we all deserve some well earned sleep/rest XD Stay Golden Anvil Rock.

Attachments:

Blood makes you Related, Loyalty makes you family.

in WvW

melodyca.8921

Melody

I logged out to watch TV with the wife. I tried to get those guys to leave the camps, but they won’t.

See thats the thing I’m figuring out. I think older players have a different set of standards when it comes to WvW.

I’m in my 30s. I’ve pretty much left ET alone because they are worst off than GOM.

When I saw Armorless AR players at the puzzle…I left them alone.

Yet I see both GOMMers and AR capturing that area. I can understand AR doing it but the GOMs doing it are wasting time and should be focusing on the other lands that are important.

As I type this, you are 100% green

Congrats but be prepared for a boring week. Because some of us are taking the week off.

in WvW

Posted by: Doink.8597

Doink.8597

we will get moved up in Tiers if we win this week, so if you guys do take off and let us have it then your letting us move up in tier.

Blood makes you Related, Loyalty makes you family.