11/30: AR/ET/GoM

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

we will get moved up in Tiers if we win this week, so if you guys do take off and let us have it then your letting us move up in tier.

You don’t get it. We don’t have the numbers.

And I’m sorry but you guys did NOT have those numbers 3 weeks ago.

It was at least fair last week when we lost. This is NOT fun.

I’m not blaming you. I blame the transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Doink.8597

Doink.8597

weve allways had the numbers weve had, we just worked hard globally as a server to get organized, and have meetings as a server, cooperation, paitence, and hard work and planning, helped us, not numbers.

Blood makes you Related, Loyalty makes you family.

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

weve allways had the numbers weve had, we just worked hard globally as a server to get organized, and have meetings as a server, cooperation, paitence, and hard work and planning, helped us, not numbers.

Its just pretty odd you did not have those numbers to take every borderland 3 weeks ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Doink.8597

Doink.8597

3 weeks ago is 3 completely new matchups, weve had same numbers, i promise.

Blood makes you Related, Loyalty makes you family.

in WvW

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

And then Anvil Rock took the world.
And not a single kitten was given.

Which isn’t a good thing, but with them just sorta sitting there, waiting outside spawn, we don’t exactly have a strong position to fight back from.

If you gave GoM back the overlook we could have a good old fashioned fight rather than a picnic outside spawn.

Attachments:

Secretly creative

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Well when you guys get henge and ET, I would expect the whole map to be yours.

It’s a simple case of losing teams giving up. I have been on anvil from the start and have seen it every week. I believe this is the first time we are looking at a win, ever.
Every other time people in our server look at the points deficit and think “no way am I going on wvw, I’ll just get stomped”. Hell, I even used to do it when I was lower levels.

I’m sure when you get two easy opponants next week and start winning, all your players will continue to play wvw and it will be you accused of having lots of guilds transfer in…

Last night b4 I left w3, ET has reclaim all lands in our BL .
We may not have enough to defend everything but we will always be gathering our w3 players and take back our BL .

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Melody

I logged out to watch TV with the wife. I tried to get those guys to leave the camps, but they won’t.

See thats the thing I’m figuring out. I think older players have a different set of standards when it comes to WvW.

I’m in my 30s. I’ve pretty much left ET alone because they are worst off than GOM.

When I saw Armorless AR players at the puzzle…I left them alone.

Yet I see both GOMMers and AR capturing that area. I can understand AR doing it but the GOMs doing it are wasting time and should be focusing on the other lands that are important.

As I type this, you are 100% green

Congrats but be prepared for a boring week. Because some of us are taking the week off.

I agree, the mentality of the 30+ year old gamers is different. I see it in my kids, and younger cousins all the time.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

I’m wondering if theres any small manning on ET, been watching newl on GoM and think if the zerg can be avoided it could be fun. A small coordinated grp can cause major disruption on any zerg and possibly grab a small man fight in between times!

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

First, that I have noticed we have not received any (major) transfers. I’m sure there has been a few but no guilds that I have seen. Second, I’m actually surprised at the GoM turnout, I’m more inclined to think those transfers went your way due to inactivity/activity numbers. Your server was all but dead with the exception of a few who I gotta say made up for lack of support with skill (I’m looking @ u newl) and now you throw down the transfer to anvil hammer ?

bad form.

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@melodyca

Take a break man AR didn’t win a single match up since release, we know the feeling. But you can’t be angry again our Server, as I dislike this match up. I didn’t log more then 5 minute in WvW, it just isn’t fun.

But what can we do?

Sure we got more number, that what happens when you are getting this kind of match up.

• PVE player can finally try WvW.
  • Fairweather players come back
  • We get fairweather players from other servers to transfers.
  • We aren’t fighting two server at once like last match up.

Shall I remind you, GoM had allied with BP midweek to constant attack us. We had been 2v1 for most of last week, so for sure we will be better this week as it’s mostly 1v1. By the way, last week match up was the best WvW times I ever had.

I will be waiting until the week finish to hit WvW again.

GoM you should be happy, I would take your place anytime. I prefert being the underdog then having an all green map. You’ll see, it should be your turn next week. You’ll be matched vs ET and HoD.

And to all Anvil Rocks poster that say we didn’t get any number, we did. And it’s not only PvE or fairweather. It happens for every server, once they get a winning match up. We aren’t different.

Oh and our organisation is still bad.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

Guys need to stop fighting on this post. Just have fun. <><

Nobodys fighting.

We’re just taking the week off.

Okay have fun!!!! hehehehe

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

to whoever is trying to recruit from servers;

Seriously, Can we stop trying to recruit??
this kind of crap p/ses me off…

teh amount of times i have had to call out people/server for trying to recruit players in the own Battle thread is just sickening, trying to recruit from ET, a Server that lost almost everything, is insulting to us and NOT a Valid tactic.

The reason i am saying this is because we are still losing players (Gaining some, but not enough) and recruiting in WvW Battle thread is only putting petrol onto the fire and isn’t helping ET out at all, only making things worse.

Sorry that my wording may seem mean, but i just get upset at how servers recruiting our players, that we need, but not just that as i have seen this type of recruiting over the past 3-4 weeks straight in our threads.

btw, not calling out specific people or anything, but this recruit tactic has to stop, it only demoralizes those who you fight.

Move to Anvil Rock xoxox <3333

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

I support the move to ET campaign because they’re just trying to phone home.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: LindaLilRose.3154

LindaLilRose.3154

GoM fighters, well done fighting yesterday, how many times did you wipe us attacking your Garrison? Though AR did win the battle eventually, you guys successfully defended and wiped us out quite a few times.

To all AR/GoM/ET, our commanders on AR discussed spawn camping and we do NOT condone it. As a policy many of our guilds agreed to discourage any spawn camping we see on AR.

I’d like to encourage us all to fight well and with honor.

I also wish I could rez enemies <3 You guys who fall at my feet in the jumping puzzles, I am at a loss as I cannot rez you :-(

Be like water.

Cmdr. Lacy of May – the Pink Polar Bear :-)
Heart of Honor [HoH] – Anvil Rock

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@ Apocalypse

Discuss with him first, might be an accident. Might have been stuck there.

I once got stuck in a wall, it wasn’t cool.

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

@ Apocalypse

Discuss with him first, might be an accident. Might have been stuck there.

I once got stuck in a wall, it wasn’t cool.

ya there in the Grass looks like there Trying to get high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

First of all, I have the utmost respect for AR (and also BP). You guys have fought well, and earned your wins.

That said, I concur with Roostapro. Please stop recruiting people from other servers. I speak specifically about everyone trying to recruit people from GoM. We are having enough trouble with people leaving, you certainly don’t need to help. Look what happened to ET, show us a little respect and don’t do that to us.

We all agree that free server transfers are a huge problem, don’t make it worse.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@titanlectro

Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with the recruiting.

Since we are winning for the first time ever, it seems like we have some people getting overzealous about it.

Stay classy, don’t recruit from others servers.

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It’s a simple case of losing teams giving up. I have been on anvil from the start and have seen it every week. I believe this is the first time we are looking at a win, ever.
Every other time people in our server look at the points deficit and think “no way am I going on wvw, I’ll just get stomped”. Hell, I even used to do it when I was lower levels.

I’m sure when you get two easy opponants next week and start winning, all your players will continue to play wvw and it will be you accused of having lots of guilds transfer in…

Oh man, this thread is great. Keep it going AR, plenty of us on BP are getting a kick out of this.

To any new comers curious why it’s so funny, please read this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/11-23-BP-AR-GOM-Matchup/first

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

And then Anvil Rock took the world.
And not a single kitten was given.

Which isn’t a good thing, but with them just sorta sitting there, waiting outside spawn, we don’t exactly have a strong position to fight back from.

If you gave GoM back the overlook we could have a good old fashioned fight rather than a picnic outside spawn.

Kitten the police.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

ROFLAMO yes when you lost 30% of your main pvpers on Gom we will outnumber you. Yes we do enjoy it who wouldnt? We have more people in PVP Again due to more PVE’ERS joining in. We have something called LEADERS and people who enjoy Small group raiding. Thats how we have the whole map and a thing called home land defense.

that high horse will soon get shorter. enjoy the next bracket(and fighting bp for another month when you get there) we’ll see how effective your ‘leadership’ is then

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

[SPACEBAR] [SPACEBAR] [SPACEBAR]

Attachments:

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Come on Vistal and others,

Don’t start that “We didn’t get any transfer, we are just better” thing. We didn’t get better over one week. We just got our fair weather player backs. Like every server in a winning bracket.

@Lightsbane

The only thing I gotta say in our favor, is that we don’t have to fight BP anymore, it helps a lot to focus our numbers.

And I look forward to fighting BP again. I don’t think we will win, but it will be a lot more fun than this match up.

@GSSBlunaspike

Get over it already, The only one from Anvil Rock that say it’s not about number, are new poster that I didn’t see before. And Godfather because he seems to like to provok.

Every longtimer AR know we have the number advantage, and it has nothing to do with skills.

The difference between AR and BP poster was that we admit numbers are the main reason we are dominating this match up.

in WvW

Anvil Pants.3426

I have a lot of respect for some GoM. I don’t even know their names, though: Don’t need to. Like this guy I took a nap with a few weeks ago:

Attachments:

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

ktith.6197

I’ll be talking with my guildies tonight and having a chat about staying off of ET homelands. I don’t believe any of our guys/gals have been over there, but I’ll chat to be sure. I don’t speak for anyone else but EOH on this server and with that being said, I’ll be the first to show respect for the “little guy” because before coming to AR I was on the “little guy” server with the lack of WvW presence. EOH is usually in EB anyways, but last night we got bored and went to GoM BL (a rare thing I might add).

I’m all for giving up real estate and allowing for upgrades in order to get some throwing down in this matchup again. Being all green is for the suxxors and while I do like to occasionally do something in PvE, most of my nights are 6-10 or more hours in WvW (I’m a graduate student so yes I have that much time).

Let’s be proper about this whole situation and give a little to get a little back….heck you never know what kind of respect you can get from something so little.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

a group of 8 anvil rock hacked their way into our spawn. i have 8 total screen caps. included in the caps are guild names:
ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

note this is only one screen cap, i have 8.

Attachments:

in WvW

Anvil Pants.3426

You mean we walked in. Sorry, dude. Try again.

Edit: If ANet want’s to see how I did it, they can come join my party… or go ask BP, from whom I learned it.

Attachments:

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Anvil Pants.3426

An unknown number of GoM just hacked a Flame Ram into the air. This is only one screenshot. Note: I only took one screenshot.

Attachments:

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

a group of 8 anvil rock hacked their way into our spawn. i have 8 total screen caps. included in the caps are guild names:
ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

How is that hacking? they are dead and your alive. Get better Graphics too

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

how is it hacking? they’re in GOM citadel, fool. my graphics are irrelevant to them being there.

in WvW

ktith.6197

@Flame ram issue….seen that a few times…it’s a bug when throwing two rams in the same spot…one “stacks” for an unknown reason…maybe coding error.

@hacking into your spawn: looks more like AR got Hacked up trying to see how far they could get into your spawn because they’re bored that there’s nothing to take so now it’s a see who can get the furthest event.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

An unknown number of GoM just hacked a Flame Ram into the air. This is only one screenshot. Note: I only took one screenshot.

no one said GoM isn’t guilty. we do have that..reputation >_>
and yeah there’s a ram spinning outside of longview, seen it happen a lot actually.

in WvW

ktith.6197

Actually to be honest, they didn’t get as far as I’ve seen some people get into a spawn point….boy those legendary archers sure are lazy sometimes.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

how is it hacking? they’re in GOM citadel, fool. my graphics are irrelevant to them being there.

That is not gw2 that kitten looks like minecraft

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

i’ll be on soon just watching Videos on youtube. and too the GoM ppl here a big wet /lick from a charr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Lol Anvil rock is such a joke. they better keep praying anet never fixes the res on defeated state.

in WvW

Anvil Pants.3426

The joke’s on you, above and below, without a properly sarcastic or humorous bone in your bodies. Have fun not having fun.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Oh man, this thread is great. Keep it going AR, plenty of us on BP are getting a kick out of this.

To any new comers curious why it’s so funny, please read this thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/11-23-BP-AR-GOM-Matchup/first

Since when does “one person” represent the entire Anvil Rock server? I notice you’re ignoring all the other posts, the dozens talking about the facts.

Quit being childish.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Hey I never said we didn’t get any additional help from transfers. I’m just saying its a lot easier to win against a force that has given up. I like that I’m being made out as some lier…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I will say this, as far as the GoM spawn in EB, you get ported out at the top of the stairs. Was doing that for a good part of last night. As far as 3 GoM members dropping down from the cliff into Veloka, that may be a little more of an exploit than suicide runs into a spawn, however, I submitted those screen shots to A-Net like you are supposed to.
I have said it before, and I will say it again, we definitely have more players in Wv3 than we have had before, but that being said, they are actually taking and upgrading points too.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Yokoshima.4762

Yokoshima.4762

ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

How about this then?

Attachments:

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

How about this then?

That looks like the bug where someone uses skills like “stomp”, and for some reason it pushes you into the terrain, and it makes you stuck, where you have to waypoint out. Usually when it happens to someone new, they have to talk about it before they waypoint out.

Don’t mistake bugs, for exploits. A good rule of thumb is, what is there to gain? If it is minimal, or nothing at all, it generally is a bug, but if the gain is massive, like taking Hills without knocking down walls, or gates, that is an exploit.

This game is buggy as hell, so please learn the difference between bugs, and exploits.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

So is ET actually pushing AR back and GoM is not? Or did AR decide to go “easy” on ET.

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

ALS, SSFF, Core, Meh

How about this then?

I see a guy with the sword art online tag >:D

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

So is ET actually pushing AR back and GoM is not? Or did AR decide to go “easy” on ET.

I would like to point out a few things about Anvil Rock ( and I’m sure this applies to just about every server)

There are essentially two Wv3 groups.

The organized Wv3 alliance, comprised of guilds commanders and forum posters here who all coordinate and work (try to at least) together .

Then there are the puggers , fair weather Wv3 crowd and weekend players.

From day one the organized Wv3 AR players have made an effort to leave ET alone. I even posted a screenshot on Sat. morning of how ET had held their borderlands overnight.

The massive take over of the map we all saw this weekend was mostly the work of the the second group, puggers and weekend players.

AR isn’t so much going easy on them, more so than we just aren’t doing anything organized to stop them from taking back their BLs. Hopefully this makes for a much more interesting week for everyone involved.

-K

-K

in WvW

ktith.6197

Funny, I’ve seen mostly alliance guilds on ET’s borderlands taking their stuff….just saying. Personally though, my guild’s been told to stay off ET for taking stuff….but any of you ET guys attack an EOH tag and they’ll return fire.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

Practicing our defense. GOM gives us a better fight.

GOM has made an absolutly awesome attempt to get there garrison for the past 6 hours, came very close several times. GOM should be very proud of the fight that they have put up today.

Thank you GOM!

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

I would like to point out a few things about Anvil Rock ( and I’m sure this applies to just about every server)

The organized Wv3 alliance, comprised of guilds commanders and forum posters here who all coordinate and work (try to at least) together .

From day one the organized Wv3 AR players have made an effort to leave ET alone. I even posted a screenshot on Sat. morning of how ET had held their borderlands overnight.

The massive take over of the map we all saw this weekend was mostly the work of the the second group, puggers and weekend players.

AR isn’t so much going easy on them, more so than we just aren’t doing anything organized to stop them from taking back their BLs. Hopefully this makes for a much more interesting week for everyone involved.

-K

Here is the thing, we have a Queue in GoM BL and we can’t take our garrison back. If you keep ignoring blue, we will have to chose if 1) we are ok with third place or 2) we will kill blue just so they cant get any points.

I don’t like either of these options…

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

-K

Here is the thing, we have a Queue in GoM BL and we can’t take our garrison back. If you keep ignoring blue, we will have to chose if 1) we are ok with third place or 2) we will kill blue just so they cant get any points.

I don’t like either of these options…

Agreed, this week sucks all the way around. Looks like HoD will drop down here this week and change things up in this bracket.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Funny, I’ve seen mostly alliance guilds on ET’s borderlands taking their stuff….just saying. Personally though, my guild’s been told to stay off ET for taking stuff….but any of you ET guys attack an EOH tag and they’ll return fire.

Save your threats.
if we see any red names running around in our ET BL, we will open fire.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~