Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Human female, black skin, white hair.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Human female, black skin, white hair.

I don’t think it was you I ran into then. The only time we managed to catch her, I’m pretty sure she ALT+F4’d before she got spiked.

She inspired me, though. I freakin’ love high-mobility builds so I’m working on my own Ele now. :P

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Nothing wrong with getting more people, wish SF could get a bunch of off hour folks…

As do we! Any off-hours folk care to join us!?

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

really what has scaled this matchup was the DKz who stayed up all night and upgraded everything then waited until the day crew logged in during the afternoon before any of us went to bed, it completely demoralized any SF from wanting to play, especially after not being able to cap lowlands back, im sorry if we broke ur guys’ back u guys gave us some stressful times until the other commanders log in i tell u…SO stressful of a night/morning lol, i enjoyed it very much guys im glad most ppl here have alot better attitude then in our GOM AR matchup

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: lucied.7526

lucied.7526

Just gonna say those guys of karate thing the guardian of white hair so fun to fight each other, i get to know you crew and you all play well kudos to you im the asura with a rifle and gold white helm, last night was a lot of fun and today was fun too those sieges on lowlands where hard to get in, and most of our ppl is learning the wvw ropes, was a learning experience for most of them. and to boris is nice to fight a server like it, at least in my borderlands we try to keep you out, to bad we cant be in all maps at once, or we dont have a night crew that may offend some of our ppl but is the true, we are getting better and im having a lot of fun that what matters i belive.

Tristana Bloody Arms (ARMS)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: GreenSage.3256

GreenSage.3256

BP is awesome because we have awesome commanders.

Daiosho is among the best, as is my illustrious guild leader Varlen

Thx to all BP cmders for leading us to victory!

Borlis Pass, [WFD]
Aka: Taetous, Aithyreal, Greensage, Lemyin, Mary Jayene, Seeker Volf

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

We ain’t won yet.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

SF and HoD are just as awesome as us.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Henge will put up a good fight, the best fight it’s put up since TA left us to our slow and painful decline in the rankings! And to those Borlis Pass people who had to get past my arrow cart in the jumping puzzle well done, I honestly didn’t think you could jump all the way to me with an arrow cart on you!

Guess we know which server is the new AR for this week.

As for the black screening, I can believe it. WvW seems buggy as hell. Can’t keep a stable connection, but anywhere else in the game I’m fine. No idea what is going on.

You guys have to forgive this guy, and his insults. He doesn’t know, nor understand the state of the game, and how Henge of Denravi, and the Titan Alliance owned every server pre-release, and when queue times got to 4-7 hours, people left Henge of Denravi in mass because of it, and because of other issues.

He thinks you’re making excuses, without knowing the reality of the situation.

I just assumed the AR comment was in regards to the arrow cart in the jump puzzle, not an invitation to tell the story of HoD.

It was, I wouldn’t ever camp the j/p. Seems to me that if someone wants to do the j/p let them. Seems like a really underhanded tactic when those people for the most part are pvers. I don’t mess with them as long as they leave me alone. I saw this guy from SF last night, a ranger. He was just killing mobs so I ignored him. The second I turn my back to walk away he shoots me in the butt. Sometimes all being nice gets you is shot in the rear.

That said, I really hope we can keep this a clean match up. So far there have been some really fun fights. I died several times when you guys were in between our spawn and keep. Breaking that line was crazy, and I owe a portion of it to endure pain. Stayed up 8 hours past my bed time, but before I left we were building up eb really nice. Justice was putting so much money into upgrades I think the guy must be flat broke.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GreenSage.3256

“SF and HoD are just as awesome as us.”

D:

You are no fun!

Borlis Pass, [WFD]

(edited by GreenSage.3256)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Just wanted to say great job to HoD players. I was on HoD BL leading all day today and you guys never gave up. Even when we outnumbered you, you guys were able to defend your towers well and the fact you guys pushed onto bay and hills throughout the day proved you will fight to the end!!! Props from krew, this week will be alot of fun

P.S Watch for those Portal bombs

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

Keep an eye out for the GT and aYe tags, we just got a commander and so far that’s turning out to be a good thing!

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

really what has scaled this matchup was the DKz who stayed up all night and upgraded everything then waited until the day crew logged in during the afternoon before any of us went to bed, it completely demoralized any SF from wanting to play, especially after not being able to cap lowlands back, im sorry if we broke ur guys’ back u guys gave us some stressful times until the other commanders log in i tell u…SO stressful of a night/morning lol, i enjoyed it very much guys im glad most ppl here have alot better attitude then in our GOM AR matchup

Self congratulatory posts are always the best.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

You would prefer a self deprecatory post?

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

You would prefer a self deprecatory post?

Clearly you missed the ‘always the best’ part.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nalivan.6451

Nalivan.6451

This is my camp sorrows furnace and you cant have it!

HAHA it only took you 25 people to take it man that was hilarious.

Nalivan leader of [VNG]
Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Nalivan.6451)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

Seems it would be more sporting of you to let us have it. You get to take it all back in a couple hours when we go to bed, think of it as a loan.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

It amazes me how many people get defensive about these things. What’s wrong with saying we got some new people and been working on our teamwork? Why is it always one or the other?

Nothing wrong with getting more people, wish SF could get a bunch of off hour folks, nothing to get defensive about.

The thing is, when a server is winning, the other servers try to discredit it by saying it’s only because of numbers and that they have numbers only because of transfers.

In other words, you’re trying to say that the work each one of us puts into building a nice wvw community is really irrelevant and that training new commanders, teaching people about the game, having good strategy, good communication, etc etc, doesn’t make a difference. Anyone who thinking this way doesn’t know much about wvw.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Don’t be that “lol look how many it took 2 kill me” guy. Nobody likes that guy.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nalivan.6451

Nalivan.6451

Don’t be that “lol look how many it took 2 kill me” guy. Nobody likes that guy.

You know im just teasing you guys right? No need to get defensive im just poking fun :P

I had a ton of fun defending that supply camp, and maybe your guys learned a few things while trying to retake it!

Nalivan leader of [VNG]
Stormbluff Isle

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Seems it would be more sporting of you to let us have it. You get to take it all back in a couple hours when we go to bed, think of it as a loan.

Aww, this made me feel bad.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Thank you BP fighters for fighting, so my friends and i were able to stroll around and get our WvW map completion to 100% in peace.

Who was it that said “Some people have to fight, so others can enjoy the scenery.” Thanks again, we really appreciate it!

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Zerraph.6749

Zerraph.6749

Soooo…I log on this morning and check out the score update.

BP is currently getting +650 points.
HoD is currently getting +25 points.
SF is currently getting +20 points.

I have been completely and totally bored of this matchup since about 9 PM ET on Friday.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Then you’re really going to be SO BORED next week when Anvil moves up to this bracket. They are just as vicious as we are.

This bracket has been easier than the lowest bracket so far.

Not blaming SF for this but, they need to fix that ‘placing trebuchets behind the legendary defenders’ thing. Pretty cheesy tactic on eternal.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

It amazes me how many people get defensive about these things. What’s wrong with saying we got some new people and been working on our teamwork? Why is it always one or the other?

Nothing wrong with getting more people, wish SF could get a bunch of off hour folks, nothing to get defensive about.

The thing is, when a server is winning, the other servers try to discredit it by saying it’s only because of numbers and that they have numbers only because of transfers.

In other words, you’re trying to say that the work each one of us puts into building a nice wvw community is really irrelevant and that training new commanders, teaching people about the game, having good strategy, good communication, etc etc, doesn’t make a difference. Anyone who thinking this way doesn’t know much about wvw.

I think creating the community is what brings new people to a server, and keeps people on a server. SF for example has a poor wvw community, imo, and bleeds WvW guilds as we have lost at least 3-4 in the last couple weeks, and many more before that. So clearly it is not irrelevant and is part of your success, why is that not acknowledged instead of something to be super defensive about?

The issue you have is that you want it all to be about good strategy, communication, and etc while blindly denying the population aspect. This game, more specifically the score board, is largely based around numbers, 24/7 numbers to be specific. Anyone that does not recognized the importance of population, the value of full around the clock coverage and their capacity to earn huge points and upgrade everything uncontested, really does not know anything about wvw.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GreenSage.3256

“Then you’re really going to be SO BORED next week when Anvil moves up to this bracket. They are just as vicious as we are.”

The funny thing is, we used to be horrible. In the early days we had Ehmry Bay often and they destroyed us. Then we got settled in with AR and they dominated us initially too. For a while, the norm was to log into WvW and see where we were losing—because we were always losing.

This pissed everyone off, we had some good commanders together and they started to coordinate and recruit. Then we broke AR’s back and took over our bracket.

Hopefully we can be the same inspiration for SF (does HoD even play?)

Borlis Pass, [WFD]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

“Then you’re really going to be SO BORED next week when Anvil moves up to this bracket. They are just as vicious as we are.”

The funny thing is, we used to be horrible. In the early days we had Ehmry Bay often and they destroyed us. Then we got settled in with AR and they dominated us initially too. For a while, the norm was to log into WvW and see where we were losing—because we were always losing.

This pissed everyone off, we had some good commanders together and they started to coordinate and recruit. Then we broke AR’s back and took over our bracket.

Hopefully we can be the same inspiration for SF (does HoD even play?)

Considering we held our own BL and good chunks of BPs last night (Till I went to bed at 3:30 am), yeah, I’d say we play. We don’t have the WvW population for 24/7 coverage so there are definitely times where we won’t have much of a presence. Sorry for not having as much population as you guys I guess?

Audun

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GreenSage.3256

Yes! Haha now this is the banter I was looking for!

However, to respond, I went to bed just a bit earlier, around 3, and we still had your keep and your bay.

So nah nah nah :P

Borlis Pass, [WFD]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I’ve enjoyed this matchup quite a bit so far. HoD and SF can definitely put up a great fight and even spank us around during peek hours. SF probably has the highest of the 3 for server pop during peek hours, but it seems BP is very well rounded at all times.

On another note, if you’ve been pushed off the ledges to your death in the EB Jump Puzzle by a tough to kill Guardian (who usually starts busting out some sweet dance moves) with spikey pauldrons, a guild shield and long black hair… sorry but I like to troll when I get bored.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Lokreas.8421

Lokreas.8421

The one and only; War LEGEND Lu Bu.

Charming Scoundrels [CS] – Guild Leader

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

This won’t be the most exciting week for WvW apparently.

Catch all of you next week I guess!

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

All I can say is that I’m not surprised by the way things are going. SF just doesn’t have it together enough, and while we do try to compete, it does seem that any sustained organized effort on the part of a competitor knocks us on our heels.

That said, I am seeing better organization on our side. Despite the one-sided victory last week, it was good for the server to win… I think it brought a little more interest into WvW and hopefully that will be maintained.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Just a message to the SF who were camping the Jump Puzzle briefly. For once I had the opportunity to witness how it feels to be camped in the puzzle and I gotta say, I loved it more than I do when I troll up there. Was so funny watching peeps around me die over and over, or attempt to make the jumps while in combat, or scream about the arrow cart when all one has to do is AoE the arrow cart and it’s gone in a few seconds.

I look forward to when you are able to get your keep back again, I’ll be looking for you in the puzzle.

Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Wish y’all would stop putting siege behind the legendary defenders, but of course they are there to give y’all a chance.

Fair game.

Sorrows, I’ve noticed you have a decent strategical force, but you don’t have the top down view that we employ on our server. You gotta know when it’s best to dip out to another map, and on launch day, where to allocate your forces. I remember on saturday sitting in a tower on Borlis Pass borderlands, having a 50 man zerg slam into us over and over, eventually accomplishing taking over the tower, and then losing it 30 minutes later. Those 50 could have easily been put somewhere else to get something constructive done.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Yeah… I don’t think we’re so hot at the long(er) term goals for map control yet, but we’re getting some trolling skills

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Just a message to the SF who were camping the Jump Puzzle briefly. For once I had the opportunity to witness how it feels to be camped in the puzzle and I gotta say, I loved it more than I do when I troll up there. Was so funny watching peeps around me die over and over, or attempt to make the jumps while in combat, or scream about the arrow cart when all one has to do is AoE the arrow cart and it’s gone in a few seconds.

I look forward to when you are able to get your keep back again, I’ll be looking for you in the puzzle.

Best line in SF EB map chat this evening was something to the effect of “We may not have our keep anymore, but at least we have 6 mesmers in the puzzle!”

You Borlis Pass folk were just not letting us up the puzzle, so some of us banded together and fought our way to the top. The BP players kept nipping at our heels, so we all decided to get a little payback once we got the chest. I’m not usually much of a camper (I tend to go with the “if you leave me alone, I’ll leave you alone” approach to the jumping puzzles). But having been on the receiving end of BP puzzle campers a number of times this match, I gotta admit it felt rather good to get a little payback for once. :-P

Hope your folk didn’t take it too terribly personally.

On the plus side, I think I met a couple new WvW friends today!

P.S. Do you have a headcount on how many guys you had in the chandelier room when you finally overtook us? I lost count!

-Lusnatuis (the Sylvari female memser sportin’ a staff and sword/focus)

Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GreenSage.3256

I have to kind of eat my words, because HoD gave us a kitten good run tonight.

Borlis Pass, [WFD]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Best line in SF EB map chat this evening was something to the effect of “We may not have our keep anymore, but at least we have 6 mesmers in the puzzle!”

You Borlis Pass folk were just not letting us up the puzzle, so some of us banded together and fought our way to the top. The BP players kept nipping at our heels, so we all decided to get a little payback once we got the chest. I’m not usually much of a camper (I tend to go with the “if you leave me alone, I’ll leave you alone” approach to the jumping puzzles). But having been on the receiving end of BP puzzle campers a number of times this match, I gotta admit it felt rather good to get a little payback for once. :-P

Hope your folk didn’t take it too terribly personally.

On the plus side, I think I met a couple new WvW friends today!

P.S. Do you have a headcount on how many guys you had in the chandelier room when you finally overtook us? I lost count!

-Lusnatuis (the Sylvari female memser sportin’ a staff and sword/focus)

By the time the BP group made it up the chandelier room, there was probably close to 20 people.

It was fun trying to block all the mesmer pulls you guys were doing (I was the guardian who was sitting in the corner on the platform with all the boulders). I was trying to burn up all the pulls while others made it up to where I was, just took far too long lol. Here’s hoping to more fun in the days to come.

Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

It was fun trying to block all the mesmer pulls you guys were doing (I was the guardian who was sitting in the corner on the platform with all the boulders). I was trying to burn up all the pulls while others made it up to where I was, just took far too long lol. Here’s hoping to more fun in the days to come.

Seeing your self-description earlier in the thread, I had a sneaking suspicion that the guardian on the boulder platform was you. You were all the talk of our teamspeak…we were really working hard on trying to find a way to yank you into the pit with the others. You made it super tough! Well done sir!

See you in the battlefield!

Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

“SF and HoD are just as awesome as us.”

D:

You are no fun!

Surely you can find it in your heart to both love and hate us at the same time

Playing on HoD – this weekend is the most fun we have had in WvW in about a month. We had a few epic battles tonight specifically. Regardless of the final score, I’m looking forward to the rest of the week.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

If SF doesn’t get their kitten together, they’ll lose a lot of players. AR is moving up and they’re vicious. Be warned.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Wispy.8679

Wispy.8679

Been a long time since BP has had a 100% pie.

Attachments:

[VoTF] – votf-online.net/

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

BP is spawn camping with siege. I’m originally from GoM, but I came to sorrows to kick some BP behind. Unfortunately they thought it was cool to place balistas outside the spawn and have a guild guard them. The 5 or so guys led by a commander sucked so bad in the actual fight that they fled from me, a single squishy player of average skill, to attack me with their siege like a boss.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

BP is spawn camping with siege. I’m originally from GoM, but I came to sorrows to kick some BP behind. Unfortunately they thought it was cool to place balistas outside the spawn and have a guild guard them. The 5 or so guys led by a commander sucked so bad in the actual fight that they fled from me, a single squishy player of average skill, to attack me with their siege like a boss.

Sounds like you made a good choice =P

Sorry just a little sarcasm there. I look forward to fighting you guys.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Duke for President.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Night capping is hard…m’kay? :p

Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

On another note, if you’ve been pushed off the ledges to your death in the EB Jump Puzzle by a tough to kill Guardian (who usually starts busting out some sweet dance moves) with spikey pauldrons, a guild shield and long black hair… sorry but I like to troll when I get bored.

I haven’t run into anyone hard to kill from your entire guild. I just assumed you guys were PvEers.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

At what point does it become day capping? We held almost everything till around 3/4 pm yesterday.

Right now it’s
BP 152,105
SF 52,418
HoD 30,020

You don’t tripple another servers score 3 days after reset with night capping. It’s actually not mathematically possible.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

At what point does it become day capping? We held almost everything till around 3/4 pm yesterday.

Right now it’s
BP 152,105
SF 52,418
HoD 30,020

You don’t tripple another servers score 3 days after reset with night capping. It’s actually not mathematically possible.

First, I was just poking a little fun…don’t be so serious.

Second, my post was only in response to BP having 100% of the map controlled at the specific point in time that that image was posted…it wasn’t a commentary on the score. You guys have really good WvW participation, even in off-peak hours. You’re fighting against two servers who have very little to no off-peak coverage. Of course you guys are going to dominate the map by 12am-1am PST.

The scores are a different, but related story. You’re fighting against a server who lost a good portion of their WvW community and has been falling in the ranks. And another who is predominately PvE, struggles with tactics coordination (sorry my fellow SF folk, but this is really one of our weaknesses) and can be pretty fair-weather and leave for PvE when the going gets tough. Both servers spend a good half (or more) of the day trying to reclaim what was lost the previous night, but then loose it really quickly when their populations drop during the evening hours.

But both SF and HoD can most certainly bring it during peak hours and I myself have had some good WvW fun during those peak hours.

P.S. Please don’t take any of this the wrong way…this isn’t meant to be griping and complaining about how we’re getting our bums handed to us in WvW this week. This match is FAR more interesting than last week when we were dominating the map because there’s actually some WvW action. Just providing some context, that’s all. To be frank, this match-up is an easy win for you guys. And just as us Sorrow’s Furnace folks shouldn’t have been patting ourselves on the back and puffing our chests about our mad WvW skillz last week (which was pointed out by several SF folks last week, including myself), BP shouldn’t be patting themselves on the back too terribly much this week.

But winning isn’t everything…so let’s at least all have some fun with it!

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

Right now it’s
BP 152,105
SF 52,418
HoD 30,020

Off-hour capping provides more then points, it provides the ability to fully fortify everything uncontested and stacking siege, pushing the advantage far into the next day until the other servers gain critical mass to overcome the defenses and limits how far they can push in their own peak periods.

~ AoN ~