11/9 Devona's Rest/Kaineng/Ferguson's Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Gikeuri.8029

Gikeuri.8029

See guys, he’s at it again! Hahaha, personal experience..hahah. Funny.
And @ bubO, yeah most of them or my guild were over at bay defending the endless onslaught of kains and we were like hmm let’s go check on hills it has white sword, and even orange for a moment, I get over there and on wall and am like..ooh..mortar..in zerg range.. XD and then was doing that and our commander arrived shortly. You guys almost had it though!

-Gikeuri- The undefeated Mesmer. (Against other Mesmers 1v1)
WvWer in Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: littlepopo.5430

littlepopo.5430

Gotta hand it to the Fergs you guys kept a big defensive army in your BL ALL DAY tried to make headway from early morning to way late and nothing seige flying everywhere lol well done

in WvW

Posted by: SargeFry.5176

SargeFry.5176

FYI to DR and FC – We (Kaineng) have a botting issue just East of our spawn on the DR map. 6 bots killing the sharks over and over again. I have whispered a few of your guys to go gettum but this post might be more effective. Please kill them repeatedly as I cannot.

Besides, I am too occupied killing the DR bots up north near the spiders (on DR Borderlands map) and the Ferg bots in the lake (on the Ferg Borderlands map) even if I DID have the ability to kill toons on my own server.

As an aside – please report the accounts just prior to farming them for badges. I know that it feels a LOT like relieving yourself into a strong headwind but I still hold out hope that someone at Anet will eventually address this issue.

Sons of Bedlam

Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Cyanstorm.9613

Cyanstorm.9613

I withdraw my challenge to BSTY, I just slaughtered every single thief they had 1v1. No point in taking this any further, no fun in killing them in 3-4 hits, maybe next year.

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

gonna retire from WvW for a while

charging into enemy groups downing 1-2 only to see them all rezed back up 10 seconds later gets boring after a while

cant go anywhere without running into 10 devonas

in WvW

Posted by: harumph.9621

harumph.9621

This matchup isn’t much fun anymore.

PS. Dear Fergies, please stop helping Devona crush us by taking our supply camps while they have us pinned in at our last keep. It only means they’re coming after you sooner.

in WvW

Posted by: Overlord Falcor.6014

Overlord Falcor.6014

PS. Dear Fergies, please stop helping Devona crush us by taking our supply camps while they have us pinned in at our last keep. It only means they’re coming after you sooner.

This match up may not be fun anymore, but why don’t you leave your spawn a different way? There more ways out than thru the silly portal at the northern most part..

in WvW

Posted by: Themanbat.3206

Themanbat.3206

FYI to DR and FC – We (Kaineng) have a botting issue just East of our spawn on the DR map. 6 bots killing the sharks over and over again. I have whispered a few of your guys to go gettum but this post might be more effective. Please kill them repeatedly as I cannot.

Besides, I am too occupied killing the DR bots up north near the spiders (on DR Borderlands map) and the Ferg bots in the lake (on the Ferg Borderlands map) even if I DID have the ability to kill toons on my own server.

As an aside – please report the accounts just prior to farming them for badges. I know that it feels a LOT like relieving yourself into a strong headwind but I still hold out hope that someone at Anet will eventually address this issue.

Hey, we actually were farming them for a while, but then SoS showed up with a couple speed-hacking thieves. Luckily the hacks went away after I posted

Angelic Synergy [Holy], Andromeda (Mesmer)/Samson of Mice (Guardian)/Ren the Stumpy (Engi)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

You guys in Kain really think you aren’t the only ones that’ve been pounded all weekend long? We came into this week with a plan, and that was to do our best to hold our map till the week starts, because we knew then we were going to lose most of it. If not, all. We’d have 30+ kain and 50+ devona in our map at the same exact time. And we still managed to hold throughout the weekend.

[One]

in WvW

Chris.4527

Well anyways, now you guys see how our server will look for the next week. +690 devona until afternoon/night hours.

But our plan worked, we got our goal – 2nd place and we knew we could do it. If we don’t hold it, oh well, but we did do it. And I am proud, against huuuuuuuuuuge odds.

[One]

in WvW

Chris.4527

Well anyways, now you guys see how our server will look for the next week. +690 devona until afternoon/night hours.

But our plan worked, we got our goal – 2nd place and we knew we could do it. If we don’t hold it, oh well, but we did do it. And I am proud, against huuuuuuuuuuge odds.

Is this Chris Ivey?
If so…gratz on Ferg’s 2nd place! Ferg always has and always will be some tuff fights. Kain could do with some lessons in “stick with it” instead of map hopping to fight npcs.

Yep and thanks, we’ll see how long we can hold it, haha. Gonna try hard.

[One]

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Hey, we actually were farming them for a while, but then SoS showed up with a couple speed-hacking thieves. Luckily the hacks went away after I posted

I think our group ran into one or two of these thieves on EB last night. Although the thieves we saw weren’t guilded. Provided for some good laughs and mindless chasing. We definitely got our exercise in. Can’t wait till the rendering issue is fixed.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

You guys in Kain really think you aren’t the only ones that’ve been pounded all weekend long? We came into this week with a plan, and that was to do our best to hold our map till the week starts, because we knew then we were going to lose most of it. If not, all. We’d have 30+ kain and 50+ devona in our map at the same exact time. And we still managed to hold throughout the weekend.

Yes you guys did! Man, Ferg defense was awesome. I’m envious. I really am. I would love to see DR do that. We better get to learning it, when we move we are going to have two servers looking to show us who’s the boss.

Good Job on the D Ferg.
/hats off.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

To some of you devs and fergs on EB last night, build more trebs!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

At what point did kaining stop fighting overwhelming odds, stop running siege and baiting people into death traps, stop doing anything that levels the playing field? Yeah, you guys are outnumbered, every server in this matchup has been there at some point or another, but christ guys you have the talent! You have an alliance, you have guilds that can and will work together. You have an amazing 10 man strike group via NoQQ (which I openly admit, I’d LOVE to run with and learn from), but it seems like the days of Fubuki rallying people to fight overwhelming odds has come to a close and Kaining is becoming something they’ve never been, a fair weather server.

I still have respect for you guys, tons of it, well the ones who fight instead of wagging their tongues on the forums. You know, a lot of DR’s leadership came out with a plan on reset to completely shut down Kain and demoralize you guys for the rest of the week. I’m just a little sad to see it worked.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

@Ender

It’s just sad to see our once reasonably competitive tier threatened by something as dumb as thoughtless server transfers. It’s something I’ve had to deal with far too many times over the years.

Especially since between the tiny AoE cap, the rendering issue, no bodyguard/guard system, no dedicated healing classes, and how quickly you can rez someone with 4+ people zergs are hugely overbalanced vs smaller groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Demoralization would seem appropriate for a real war but inappropriate for a game that requires more than one side to play.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

@Ender

It’s just sad to see our once reasonably competitive tier threatened by something as dumb as thoughtless server transfers. It’s something I’ve had to deal with far too many times over the years.

Especially since between the tiny AoE cap, the rendering issue, no bodyguard/guard system, no dedicated healing classes, and how quickly you can rez someone with 4+ people zergs are hugely overbalanced vs smaller groups.

AoE is fine; rendering is a big issue but will ultimately get fixed; not really understanding what you mean by no bodyguard/guard system; dedicated healing classes are for kittens and that other game which shall not be named; (assuming you meant 40+ zergs) 2-3 well placed sieges can wipe a zerg (happened last night in EB to Kain AND to DR). My team of 4 flanked the Kain zerg in EB and we were able to eliminate 3 catas 1 flame cart and 3-4 ballistas before the zerg could locate us. It’s fun to roll both in the zerg at times and as a small coordinated hit team. You have to realize there are ALOT of people in WvWvW not fully leveled or geared. They have to zerg or man siege, both tactics yield exp, karma, loot badges etc. This game is what you make it to be for yourself. If total score matters for you then by all means transfer to a stacked server and wait in the ques. Just ask NoQQ about a small man group versus a ball of kittens and low level players. I’d like to know the # of badges they collect on any given night. Please don’t take this as a personal attack as it’s not meant to be just merely stating it boils down to finding your own fun in WvWvW. I wasn’t having fun in CD because of the ques hence why I transferred. I think alot of people came into this game without ever playing GW1 and expected this to be a clone of another game we all know very well…..it isn’t and I hope it never will be

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Grats to Devona on the spotters/lookers for incoming last night @ the ruins while taking the bottom left tower in Devonas. THAT is exactly how you protect your flanks & drive off attackers. (instead of “some” complaining of render bug(btw it cuts both ways since we can’t tell how many you all have either until it is too late )) You all did well in holding NoQQ @ bay forcing us to withdrawal to find easier prey, ummm I mean enemies elsewhere ;P BTW how many did you have out there? I’m asking because we left so many bags on the ground fighting consistently without the time to pick them up that it would even have made baby Jesus cry :-}

How am I to fund my flame ram addiction without funds from bags? :-(

Stylii Elementalist
Should Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader
Kaineng

P.S.
Forgot to post two days ago, “Happy Birthday” to my Marine Corps Buddies!
USMC
Semper Fi!
Honor/Courage/Commitment

(edited by Zizanzi.4678)

in WvW

Ender.3508

\
I still have respect for you guys, tons of it, well the ones who fight instead of wagging their tongues on the forums. You know, a lot of DR’s leadership came out with a plan on reset to completely shut down Kain and demoralize you guys for the rest of the week. I’m just a little sad to see it worked.

So now you come and complain on the boards that we aren’t playing?

Considering you need everyone to play to actually have fun, your plan was pretty stupid.

Your ignorance is showing.
1) I’m not complaining, I thoroughly enjoy winning, but victories over doors are empty ones indeed.
2) Kaineng used to actually keep fighting regardless of odds, something a large majority of the server seems to have forgotten.
3) Not my plan, just a plan from various people who were sick of your trashtalk on the forums.

When you win, its all skill, when you lose its all numbers. People get disgusted with that mentality pretty quickly. Fun fact, the people who jacked your keep in EB on reset 3…4..how many times was it? They weren’t transfers, just the same guys who’ve been here since the beginning, finally organized, geared, ready and willing to build 5 golems and port them to your water entrance under your nose while another commander keeps you looking towards spawn.

This used to be a friendly rivalry, but this no skill trashtalk has pissed people off who now want to put you in your places. My advice, Kaineng, stop letting the forum warriors speak for your server.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

Zizanzi.4678

@Ender

AoE is fine; rendering is a big issue but will ultimately get fixed; not really understanding what you mean by no bodyguard/guard system; dedicated healing classes are for kittens and that other game which shall not be named; (assuming you meant 40+ zergs) 2-3 well placed sieges can wipe a zerg (happened last night in EB to Kain AND to DR). My team of 4 flanked the Kain zerg in EB and we were able to eliminate 3 catas 1 flame cart and 3-4 ballistas before the zerg could locate us. It’s fun to roll both in the zerg at times and as a small coordinated hit team. You have to realize there are ALOT of people in WvWvW not fully leveled or geared. They have to zerg or man siege, both tactics yield exp, karma, loot badges etc. This game is what you make it to be for yourself. If total score matters for you then by all means transfer to a stacked server and wait in the ques. Just ask NoQQ about a small man group versus a ball of kittens and low level players. I’d like to know the # of badges they collect on any given night. Please don’t take this as a personal attack as it’s not meant to be just merely stating it boils down to finding your own fun in WvWvW. I wasn’t having fun in CD because of the ques hence why I transferred. I think alot of people came into this game without ever playing GW1 and expected this to be a clone of another game we all know very well…..it isn’t and I hope it never will be

You asked, “I’d like to know the # of badges they collect on any given night.”

Please understand that we can’t collect all of our bags all the time because of a fighting withdraw, or fighting and moving fast. We have left SOOOOOO many bags on the ground it is just crazy. But it isn’t unheard of some saying 135+ a night from just fighting enemies. BTW we only run from 8pm EST to a little after 11pm EST with the majority of our people.

Stylii Elementalist
Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader
Kaineng

(edited by Zizanzi.4678)

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

@Zizanzi.4678- Assuming it’s a 6 to 1 Kills to badges drop rate that comes out to roughly 800 kills in a three hour span. HOW DO YOU AFFORD ALL THOSE RAMS? God lord that has to be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Your ignorance is showing.
1) I’m not complaining, I thoroughly enjoy winning, but victories over doors are empty ones indeed.

Semantics – sounds like complaining to me.

2) Kaineng used to actually keep fighting regardless of odds, something a large majority of the server seems to have forgotten.

Not really – it’s just like every other server: when they are losing, less people play. We’ve always just had less to start with than most other servers. We still have bodies out there roaming around like always, just nowhere near the people to play the point game.

3) Not my plan, just a plan from various people who were sick of your trashtalk on the forums.

We could refer to it as The Plan if you don’t want to take ownership. The plan was still stupid.

This used to be a friendly rivalry, but this no skill trashtalk has pissed people off who now want to put you in your places. My advice, Kaineng, stop letting the forum warriors speak for your server.

A few people talk trash and you associate this with the entire server? That’s not how trolling works, son.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Zizanzi.4678

@Zizanzi.4678- Assuming it’s a 6 to 1 Kills to badges drop rate that comes out to roughly 800 kills in a three hour span. HOW DO YOU AFFORD ALL THOSE RAMS? God lord that has to be fun.

I can’t :{ I had to cease and desist on my flame ram addiction for the last couple of days until available funds replenish. Plus, it is difficult as heck to throw a flame ram when you are fighting for your life against a plethora of enemies. But fun as heck and thanks Devona & Ferg for bringing the heat out in WvWvW this week, it is fun as heck. Heck, we were fighting Devona on one side and Ferg on the other side in a tunnel for a nice threesome! (we walked away after the fight though) Fun times, fun times.

Stylii Elementalist
Should Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader
Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Hi folks.

In the interest of allowing the worlds to have a place to discuss their matches, we’re going to re-open this thread one last time.

Let me be perfectly clear here first though – we have taken the time to clean this thread up, and trust me, there was a lot to be cleaned out.

These threads are for discussing WvWvW calmly, constructively, and without personal attacks. If you can’t show good sportsmanship, refrain from calling players or guilds out on what you perceive to be cheats or unjust actions, and be polite, this thread is not for you.

I have re-opened this thread, but note that it comes with a caveat… players ignoring the Code of Conduct will not be given a free or lenient path. If you see someone breaking the rules, report the post (click the little black flag in the bottom right-hand corner of the offending post). Do not be the person that violates the rules by responding in kind.

With that, this thread is now open – remember to play fair and play nice. Failure to do so will result in the permanent closure of this thread.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

I’d like to formally apologize to Kain/Ferg/DR folks for any/all posts ive made in the past. I agree, the forums grew from friendly rivalry to open hostility. Excuses for this, excuses for that, finger pointing, blame…etc.

@Bones and @thenoobler — i’m done with you both, lets keep it friendly and if not, keep it out of the forums

Let’s turn this thread from one of enmity and hostility to one of productive and constructive criticism and congratulatory for those that stand out.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Cyanstorm.9613

Cyanstorm.9613

Dalmarus: This is a PVP game at its heart, there will always be winners and losers here, and those in between are the minority. Everyone gets crushed at one point or another, playing “fair” is all I am about, playing “nice” depends on the behavior of my opponent. THATS why we have PVE, there wont be any issues there, if you don’t have a thick skin then you might as well stay out of WvW and PvP.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Ferg:
I’m seeing a lot more teamwork/coordination on your part. I always said you guys were a tuff nut to crack, now you’re up and gotten even better! Kudos to Chris and his NP guild for transfering from DR to Ferg, helping to augment your numbers and providing some relief in the field. Awesome job last night on taking 2nd place before i logged off and darn good job taking and holding your homeland!

Kain:
You’re still fielding some awesome numbers. I kept running into a lot of guild tags i havent seen in the past, that or they’d decided to step it up in Wv3 and put more presence in. Either way the “regular” tags I normally see have dwindled but a lot more non-regulars have filled the gap. I learned quick to not roll in with 2-3 other PRO on a camp that was getting attacked. (lol) (i still feel that the loot bag dropped from my corpse should be MINE darnit!)
Oh, you may get a nice surprise in the next few days or so or early next reset. I know a very very very good Wv3 guild that is looking to transfer. I put in a good word for both Kain and Ferg.

DR:
Server pride is showing, I’m seeing more “PvE” guilds in Wv3 than ever. Fair weather fighters? Maybe, but either way it’s nice to see more DR tags running and helping to push us up in rankings.

DR may be #1 now, last week, and week prior….but 3 weeks ago it wasnt. We should all remember that. Luck could change in an eyeblink and we could easily fall to last place.

Props to all 3 servers!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

I’m just going to say it out here and be done with it. I’ve been trying to keep up, but I can’t.

I’ve been pulling 8-12 hour commander shifts in WvW on ONE map lately due to Work/School luck, but it’s a nightmare. There is no hope. The waves of Green do not stop. There is no Commander relief since I am the evening commander who decides to also stay up and be the nightshift commander. Eventually, my soldiers succumb to sleep and there is no replacements. The loss to the sea of green is inevitable as I remain the lone commnader at the tower or keep with two or three other brave souls against the horde of 40+. Morale breaks when this happens day after day after day.

And it’s the same on every map. There is just no relief from it. If I knew I had someone to take over for me, to protect the upgrades, it wouldn’t be so bad. There is nobody coming online after I put my commander tag on, and it’s the sad reality I face night after night after night.

It’s taken its toll on me. We have nobody to take over the true nightshift. SoS? They are our major PvE guild, and they do WvW for world completion if they are there in a giant group, so they do not count most of the time(though some of them are great fighters for sure).

It’s like fighting against a horde of undead. I truly had that feeling of woe like it was a zombie apocalypse yesterday. There is no end to their numbers.

There is just no end.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Hey guys

I am stuck on a terrible vacation since Friday night, drinking wine and laying in a hammock! It’s tough but someone had to do it…

I hear that DR is winning, can someone please update a score.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

I’ll give you the general gist of whats going on…

this is so fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Thanks….

Sry Bro,I honestly am on vacation and had no idea.

Reset is coming in a few,hopefully things will start better next week. I personally like it when it is close.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Jacknife.7305

Jacknife.7305

Kaineng morale and representation has definitely declined.

As an Officer of KAIN i would like to open the doors to any people on Kaineng who still want to WvW, we certainly need to concentrate our forces instead of being scattered randomly on other maps. I will also work with any guilds out there who also want to keep the WvW alive on our server.

We are the last of the mohicans

I’m map chat famous:
Termont 80 charr engineer
Jerknife 80 syvlari guardian

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

The fact that they have already 2 times come cloe to closing the thread and re-opening shows they really like our little bottom bracket!

WAR and iSPY have not left WvW.

We are out there just as much as we were before.

We have decided that capturing and upgrading things that will just be night capped is pointless.

Instead, we are roaming the maps, with no desire to cap anything beyond a tower, working on our open field fighting to improve ourselves in that respect. If we do cap anything, it wont be for the reasons of anything to do with points.

Last night we spent alot of time in Fergs Crossing BL and had some wonderful fighs away from the keeps and towers, and wiped DR and Ferg groups much larger than ours. We roamed around the sentry island in the bottom half of the map, and held off a large force of both DR and Fergs. After getting bored of that we switched the field to Bluewater Supply camp, and, with some fun use of portals kept luring Ferg and DR zergs into the camp and porting behind them for some fun wipes and badge farming.

Iwas on most of the day today and ran a 5-10man WAR/iSPY group throughout in Fergs BL. We took 1 tower during that time cause we got bored as no DR or Ferg zergs could be found. Had a wonderful fight in Arahs with our 5 vs Fergs 15, but the sea of red kept coming and we wiped. Again using Bluewater Supply camp as bait we kept waiting for the Ferg and Dr karma trains to come and cap it…. a few times the karma training zergs were too much to handle… and other half the time we smoked them. It’s crazy how big those karma trains can get, wow!

Plan on being back out there tonight with our primetime crew looking for some more fights away from the keeps, see you all out there.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

(edited by thenoobler.7540)

in WvW

Posted by: xcavars.5049

xcavars.5049

I’m not going to complain about how uneven this matchup is. What i will say is im disappointed in a lot of people in my server, and even in my guild. Instead of coordinating and working as a team, we’re a bunch of spread out useless individuals with differing goals and not achieving anything at all. There used to be a time where we played for fun, and now after one victory a few weeks ago we feel slighted and abused by the transfers that certain servers get that make winning harder and victory an unattainable goal, like we’re entitled to it. We’re not. And we have to work hard like everyone else and try our best.

Instead, map chat is reduced to a bunch of whiners who run around alone and complain when they get zerged over. Morale is low, and I hardly see any commanders on but the random one who paid for it and doesn’t know what he/she is doing or one of my own guild commanders such as Darxio running the lone fight. Gone are all of our commanders. Gone are those who would fight just for the sake of fighting. No one but a few want to lead a useless fight, and its a shame.

Characters:
Xcavars[End]~Carelinne Condoin[End]~Brianna Condoin[End]~Catrice Degaspi[End]~Tiarra Ferr[End]

(edited by xcavars.5049)

in WvW

Ender.3508

I’m not going to complain about how uneven this matchup is. What i will say is im disappointed in a lot of people in my server, and even in my guild. Instead of coordinating and working as a team, we’re a bunch of spread out useless individuals with differing goals and not achieving anything at all. There used to be a time where we played for fun, and now after one victory a few ago we feel slighted and abused by the transfers that certain servers get that make winning harder and victory an unattainable goal like we’re entitled to it. We’re not and we have to work hard like everyone else and try our best. instead map chat is reduced to a bunch of whiners who run around alone and complain when they get zerged over. Morale is low, and I hardly see any commanders on but the random one who paid for it and doesn’t know what he/she is doing or one of my own guild commanders such as Darxio running the lone fight. Gone are all of our commanders. Gone are those who would fight just for the sake of fighting. No one but a few want to lead a useless fight, and its a shame.

You, I love you. And I love fighting [KAIN] (and [WAR] not so much i [iSpy] though..bloody thieves. I havent had the pleasure of getting rolled by [NoQQ]). But you hit the nail on the head, in addition, many here at DR have been fueling the fire, acting like we’re hot stuff here. Im hard at work trying to organize our server and some smaller guild for the possibility of AR and GoM but I feel we’re in for a rude awakening if we get there. That’s why we need to drop the ego trip and focus on collaborating, but alas the goal seems so distant.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Destac.2064

Destac.2064

I love our when my server (Kaineg) and we go up against the fergs it is a fun fight and we are about even. But the devonas are completely out numbering us they have more points then ferg and us (kaineg) together. It is obviously a 1 sided battle and we get pinned against them. We all know we would lose in that kind of fight, people I know and some of my friends are going to devonas because they are tired of losing.
Here is why Kaineg will lose.
1. We are the newest server in the game.
2. The more we get stomped the more people that are going to leave.
3. No one wants to move to a losing server.
4. We don’t upgrade our forts because we just lose them 5 minutes later.

Kaineg and the Fergs need to be placed in a lower bracket to avoid this.

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

• AoE is fine
  • Rendering is a big issue but will ultimately get fixed
  • Not really understanding what you mean by no bodyguard/guard system
  • Dedicated healing classes are for kittens and that other game which shall not be named
  • (assuming you meant 40+ zergs)
  • 2-3 well placed sieges can wipe a zerg (happened last night in EB to Kain AND to DR). My team of 4 flanked the Kain zerg in EB and we were able to eliminate 3 catas 1 flame cart and 3-4 ballistas before the zerg could locate us.

It’s fun to roll both in the zerg at times and as a small coordinated hit team. You have to realize there are ALOT of people in WvWvW not fully leveled or geared. They have to zerg or man siege, both tactics yield exp, karma, loot badges etc. This game is what you make it to be for yourself. If total score matters for you then by all means transfer to a stacked server and wait in the ques.

Just ask NoQQ about a small man group versus a ball of kittens and low level players. I’d like to know the # of badges they collect on any given night. Please don’t take this as a personal attack as it’s not meant to be just merely stating it boils down to finding your own fun in WvWvW. I wasn’t having fun in CD because of the ques hence why I transferred. I think alot of people came into this game without ever playing GW1 and expected this to be a clone of another game we all know very well…..it isn’t and I hope it never will be

I placed some breaks in there to save my sanity whilst replying.

First off I’ll reply to the outlined bullet points with some bullet points of my own more clearly explaining my original intent.

• AoE is not fine currently. The 5 man cap on all non-siege AoE attacks severely hurts the ability for small groups to fight vastly larger groups in anything but an extending fight. This is help that large groups frankly do not need since their large numbers inherently give them greater firepower and ability to withstand attrition.
  • True, I’m sure ANet is not so stupid as to be unaware of the issue. But, nevertheless, it is still a massive Quality of Life issue. Last night when I was manning a ballista inside that one northeastern supply camp in EB that I cannot be arsed to remember the name of with NoQQ we mainly lost so quickly to Devona’s because there was 10+ people on our siege before we really knew you guys were there. An issue we never had with the 20+-ish Fergs who kept showing up.
  • You must have never played DAoC, Warhammer, or SWTOR then. Basically they amounted to ways for beefy, tanky classes to take hits for squishier ones. It’s something I greatly miss, they were always my favorite classes to play. GW2’s “everyone is dps so people don’t complain about being unable to find support classes to do content with!” is boring and shallow to me.
  • Just because WoW has something doesn’t make it bad. Being able to spec for dedicated heals is a massive boon for organized premade groups. My 6 man in Warhammer regularly ran roughshod over 24+ people because we had good healers, good tanks, and our dps could focus people into the ground.
  • I was actually talking about how hard it is for smaller groups to do ANYTHING to large zergs when the zerg can easily let several people rez anyone who goes down because they so vastly outstrip the smaller group in combined firepower. This is only exacerbated by the low AoE caps. Small groups don’t have the luxury of that because it cuts too deeply into their available damage.
  • Yes, well placed siege can be a great boon. However, given the immobility of siege weapons such fights are almost inevitably wars of attrition, which as I stated earlier is something zergs are much better equipped to deal with thanks to their greater numbers.

All of these things exacerbate each other and pile up strongly in favor of massive zergs. Which, contrary to your opinion, aren’t fun at all for people like me. I want to play small man, open field zergbusting and pre-made vs pre-made. That’s what the majority of people in NoQQ are looking for as I recall.

We don’t care about score. We only care about killing people in fun and interesting ways. That’s why we don’t merge with WAR or iSpy. They don’t play the way we like to.

We don’t even want the zerg to go away entirely, zergbusting is hilariously fun when the games mechanics allow it. And they regularly allowed it even just last week, maybe not as well as I ‘d liked, but 15 vs ~30 was still fairly doable and fun. But the infusion of refugees from the upper tiers who care not one bloody iota about how they’ve completely ruined the fun balance we’ve enjoyed for the past month or so boils my blood.

I may have drifted somewhat there near the end, but I’m leaving it in ’cause it was cathartic.

in WvW

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

On the heals: I’m actually specced out heavily for team heals on mesmer, you’ll frequently see me spreading boons like wildfire with my mantra fueled regen and signet of inspiration in a zerg

Sure I may not have the crazy damage everyone wants to have, but I can at least keep the swarms alive for a few moments longer.

-dreams of mesmer mantra heal swarm-

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@Darxio.5672
I know your pain, i can remember when DR was running all over the map. But thanks to a bunch of guild leaders and good commanders they’ve managed to control that “zerg mentality” a bit and get some pretty good teamwork in place. A suggestion mind you: instead of rolling into a map with icon on, leave it off for first 5 mins or so. Sit back and watch mapchat and see whats going on. What ive found is there are a LOT of darn good players in Wv3 that dont have an icon. If they’re doing good, why break that momentum with an icon on the map? Since last week more often than not I dont even put up an icon anymore. Some newer commanders are doing great and those same great leaders without an icon are still leading! Just because we have an icon doesnt mean we should always toss it up and pull people to us. It can have more negative effects that if no “commander” is on the map at all. I’ve found myself more and more refusing whispers to “put icon up” and just joining on the side of the “non-icon” commander and supporting them and their strats.

But be at ease mate, you do what you can when you can…its all any of us can expect from ourselves or anyone else. Server rankings, populations, scores, tallies, etc, those all fluctuate and change.

Hope your morale and rest of Kaineng’s improves. Cuz you all can still bring it and bring it hard!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sajec.5302

I love our when my server (Kaineg) and we go up against the fergs it is a fun fight and we are about even. But the devonas are completely out numbering us they have more points then ferg and us (kaineg) together. It is obviously a 1 sided battle and we get pinned against them. We all know we would lose in that kind of fight, people I know and some of my friends are going to devonas because they are tired of losing.

Hope they dont transfer to DR and Kaineng is not a lost cause! I think DR is where its at now not by the transfers, because believe it or not there hasnt been a “huge” influx of folks to DR. We are still in the bottom tier and its rare you find groups of people wanting to go all the way to the bottom on a transfer. There’s been some yes, but nowhere near what i think Kaineng folks are imagining. What nailed it for DR was mostly the efforts of a few guild leaders and commanders that had started the framework for some awesome Wv3 teamwork and coordination. (GASM/RED/FWAE/WvW/PvK/and bunch others). Notice i didnt include PRO, because we were not part of that, we arrived i think right as it took root across the server. That coupled with the 50ish PRO that moved that first week gave the confidence boost that DR needed. I’m told more DR folks started doing Wv3 that didnt before as a result. (not transfers in mind you, original DRs)

Kaineng still has some crack shot leadership there: Dyenis, Xii, Darxio..and a slew of others i know have the skills and ability to organize and push a comeback. You guys have the numbers still, Just a few days ago i got a snapshot of a 60 man zerg of Kains during primetime, they’re still there. You all just need to refocus, get some teamwork going within the server so it flows over into Wv3.

And remember this: nobody is the best, nobody is the worst…we’ll all be #1 sooner or later, just like we’ll all be in dead last too.

I will ask you this though: When DR moves up a bracket, do you think you’ll see Kain as a server roll into Wv3 enmasse like you did the last 2 weeks? If yes, why? Folks are still there…the power and skill is still there. Guild leaders/commanders/officers…its your job to motivate, coordinate, plan a strat…implement. DO EEEET!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

TheComet.6471

True we do have a few good leaders we’re pretty lacking on the wvw guilds aspect though. I can count the number of wvw-centric guilds I frequently see on our side on one hand, which is unfortunate because I do see these occaisional beautiful moments of what I can only describe as a mapwiping rapetrain.

Personally I would like to see a new opponent in place of devona though, it just feels like after the last 2 weeks we need a more balanced matchup to encourage players to form more wvw guilds on our server.

Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@thenoobler.7540

Sad to see you 2 powerhouse guilds are dropping out of what Wv3 in GW2 was designed for =(

Yea its fun roaming around in a pack picking off stragglers or busting a zerg from behind. But the most fun I’ve had with you all is those awesome team vs team fights at key nodes. Some of the defenses you all put up were down right brilliant. And i swear, i got spiked in the head more times than i can count by your 2 guilds. Primetime you all can still field those 60 mans, so dont stop! Look at Ferg, they made it a point that if anyone wanted to take their homeland, they’d do it over the entire servers lifeless corpse! I go there not expecting map domination, but betting on a darn good fight by a very talented bunch of players.

Besides, once the rendering bug is fixed then what? Get back into the fight man! A leader’s primary purpose isnt to lead to victory, its to ensure the troops stay focused and never give up! By doing that, victory is a given. (Ferg is awesome example of this btw)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

Kaineng is not the newest server…. DR and Erradons Terrace and Kaineng all released on same day.

There is no lower bracket… this is the lowest one.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

One last post before i log into the game, and i direct this to ALL guild leaders on all 3 servers.

One thing about Phizyn, PRO’s guild leader, that reflects on his leadership as well as the respect the guild has for him. When he guildchats a call to war for PRO….regardless of what we’re doing, where we’re at, what we “want” to do….we go to war. PvE is never ending 24/7. We all know that, but we also know that when we joined PRO it was a Wv3 guild, and when the leader or a commander calls us to war…its our responsibility to go. Those that choose otherwise on a repeated basis, are no longer part of PRO. Hardcore? not so much because we all know this on joining, WE made that choice.

Sometimes its a win..sometimes its not. But either way, its fun.

Maybe not for some guilds, but maybe it could be………

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Ender.3508

Oh come on man! Were you here in the days of Fubuki? Its not just about inspiring people and guilds to transfer but also about inspiring the timid on your server to run regardless of score. Get a couple more groups like NoQQ out there, they know how to fight whilst outnumbered. Lock down your BL, accumulate small victories and prove how tactics and strategy can win on the micro scale.

You’ll get more transfers, more actives, better morale, and greatly improved strategy. We may be fighting in these matchups, but the fact is we’re in the bottom tier together, which means we all suffer from the same problems. What we learn from fighting each other still applies when we fight Borlis or Anvil or GoM.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

@thenoobler.7540

Sad to see you 2 powerhouse guilds are dropping out of what Wv3 in GW2 was designed for =(

Yea its fun roaming around in a pack picking off stragglers or busting a zerg from behind. But the most fun I’ve had with you all is those awesome team vs team fights at key nodes. Some of the defenses you all put up were down right brilliant. And i swear, i got spiked in the head more times than i can count by your 2 guilds. Primetime you all can still field those 60 mans, so dont stop! Look at Ferg, they made it a point that if anyone wanted to take their homeland, they’d do it over the entire servers lifeless corpse! I go there not expecting map domination, but betting on a darn good fight by a very talented bunch of players.

Besides, once the rendering bug is fixed then what? Get back into the fight man! A leader’s primary purpose isnt to lead to victory, its to ensure the troops stay focused and never give up! By doing that, victory is a given. (Ferg is awesome example of this btw)

We arent getting away from WvW, and what its meant to be is what you make it.

we have never combined put out any 60man anything.

What are you talking about rendering bug? whats that got to do with anything?

We are in the same boat Fergs was when Kaineng got the win. Fergs didnt have a day crew to stop SoS from capping during the day and giving us a huge lead that we were able to hold during primetime with WAR, iSPY and KAIN. DR at that time had some prescence but not enough to make it a real 3 way fight.

Now it is Kaineng that has no ability to stop the night capping, and SoS hasnt even been out like they were back then. Chaster has been trying to get them to come out, but they are a PVE guild, and i can see why they wont want to… PVE’ers wont go out if the action is gunna be too much.

Im happy to see a late-launch server go up a tier. Im happy to see fair weather players jump ship off Kaineng. DR got alot of xfers, and it messed up the balance we had in this bottom tier. Last week we held our own during primetime, and we cared not that everything we took would be capped once we logged off. A 2 guild alliance + Darxio’s guild cant hold off the sudden bandwagon that DR has become with people piling on the xfers to that server.

We know how its gunan go… DR is gunna keep getting xfers. Sure WAR and iSPY can still go and give it a good run and fight our butts off for a solid showing, hck even to take the lead during NA Primetime like we did last week…. but getting night capped gets old fast.

We arent withdrawing from WvW. We do refuse to waste our gold because ArenaNet has still yet to close the free xfers. The point of xfers was to spread the popualtion out and create more competitive brackets. Our brackets was competitive up till this week and its due entirely to ArenaNet still offering free xfers.

We’ll be out there roaming and enjoying ourselves, see you out there.

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

One last post before i log into the game, and i direct this to ALL guild leaders on all 3 servers.

One thing about Phizyn, PRO’s guild leader, that reflects on his leadership as well as the respect the guild has for him. When he guildchats a call to war for PRO….regardless of what we’re doing, where we’re at, what we “want” to do….we go to war. PvE is never ending 24/7. We all know that, but we also know that when we joined PRO it was a Wv3 guild, and when the leader or a commander calls us to war…its our responsibility to go. Those that choose otherwise on a repeated basis, are no longer part of PRO. Hardcore? not so much because we all know this on joining, WE made that choice.

Sometimes its a win..sometimes its not. But either way, its fun.

Maybe not for some guilds, but maybe it could be………

That is a perfectly acceptable expectation of people from thier guild leadership.

We have the exact same outlook and expectations.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@thnoobler

Man we just made history! We actually had forum posts to each other that wasnt negative! I luv u man, hope like heck Kaineng can pull it together and can turn things around. The sooner the better, as I miss those awesome fights we use to have.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

TheComet.6471

@thnoobler

Man we just made history! We actually had forum posts to each other that wasnt negative!

nope nooope can’t have that nope.

devona’s dumb lawl go to war now :|