11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I want to have fun too, and I don’t mind one single bit if SoR loses, as long as I feel like we’re either a) playing well, or b) getting better. I haven’t gotten either of those feelings in weeks now.

Winning consecutive matches because of our superior numbers or because the other servers gave up does not make SoR skilled, nor does it mean we’re improving.

Well said, this is one of the reasons why my guild left Sanctum, one of the others being ridiculous queue times preventing us from all playing together(these were the big ones).
We loved Sanctum till a little over a month ago, its success made it grow faster than it ever should have.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Dargron.3895

Dargron.3895

Transfered off for the week. Playing against the same servers is stall and boring. Cya next week SoR!

Lightweight. Once server transfers get restricted, there will likely be very little movement in the ranks and consistent match-ups will like this one will become the norm. The future looks very bleak for you.

For my part, I’m really looking forward to this rematch. The fights against SoS have always been inventive and challenging (and as long as they remain so, I don’t care if we are losing in points), and the more times we face off against one another, the more likely we are to adapt to counter each others tactics, and then be forced to invent new tactics to compensate. That’s when WvW will really get interesting. Predictable tactics only continue to work against new opponents unprepared for them, they won’t last long in WvW against a familiar opponent.

Dargron|80 Charr Engineer| Gaiscioch [GSCH]|Sanctum of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Raccoon.5876

Raccoon.5876

@OP I know its a troll bait, but you jinxed your server hard because of the title you put down for this thread.(ahem) LOJ..-_- really?

@FractalChaos plz dont be “calling it” when the week begins, thats by far the greatest Taboo to do in almost any game espiecally for your server. Though I’m surprised how you turned around to say “I dont feel like WvW anymore” and “We should be on T3” when last week as a compleately different story and attitiude. And look we are not the only ones who are fighting the same servers again..look at T1, same machup again. This is what it means to be on T1 and 2 servers and if any new servers show up they are either really weak or really stong and most people would know that after the 1st DAY not 30 min.

Last week we had no excuse we did not have our kitten together so…we lost.

But I did say 2 weeks ago we would be back..and after we got our kitten together, guess what? We’re Baaaaaaack.

Now it pains me to say this but with the patch/event comming out this comming week we at IOJ are most likely going to have a drop off on WvW next match up. So if you dont see alot of us on WvW next match up, that would be the reason.

Title fixed…was some major kitten on my part. I was pretty drunk last night….

Raccuna – Sanctum of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I can’t confirm it Valor Victis but I think finishing moves can miss if you’re blind during the attempt.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

For those transferring off of SoR, I wish yall the best.

Though be aware you are doing more harm then good by leaving because the match up is stale. In all honestly if SoR loses and goes down a tier, steam rolling the 4 maps again is no more fun, then it is to fight the same opponents.

For those who are on SoR and not WvW’ing to help, same as above.

As for Queue times, they ONLY get bad on Reset night, when you have all major WvW guilds organized into specific maps, and they are fielding a lot of people during that time. (on SoR WvW reset night Queue gets about 3-4 hours long, any time after those 3-4 hours, or any other day the queue’s I’ve never seen hit that peak of times.) You might get 1-2 during “NA Prime time hours” but that’s natural from any higher tier server.

As for SoR we are still working on communication and tactics. Can’t tell you how many times someone from a well known guild didn’t bother to call something out and we had to /bumrush to defend. (Or something stupid in general) Yes SoR has hit a wall in WvW tiers as far as coverage goes, so less logging into WvW hoping things will change, does nothing.

In all reality unless some large guilds leave SoR you will have to get over yourself. Either deal with a tier below what we are in now, and steam roll cap everything, or you fight in the tier we are in now and have a fight.

All I can personally say about this match is SoR BL was fun yesterday and Im looking forward to it being fun all week!

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I have to say as a player on SoR I was saddened by the fact that we had out manned buff 5 hours after reset on 2 battlegrounds. This “I don’t want to play vs the same people” bs is just stupid. I would rather play IoJ and SoS again than any server under our bracket. We smash them into the ground the first day and the rest of the week there is nothing to do.

Man up, skill up, and face the facts we cannot attract a better night crew if you guys act like 5 year olds when you don’t get your way.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I have to say I am very disappointed in some of the responses from the SoR players. We burn through 42 gp in upgrades/siege last week and not so much as a ’thank you’ but we take the courtesy to let you know that we are moving off for the week and the rage hits the fans.

We were losing interest in the game quickly having to play at a severe numbers disadvantage for the 3rd time in 4 weeks. Life on Gunnars Hold this week has been awesome, but we still do consider SoR home. We’ll be back next week even if you don’t want us back.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I have to say I am very disappointed in some of the responses from the SoR players. We burn through 42 gp in upgrades/siege last week and not so much as a ‘thank you’ but we take the courtesy to let you know that we are moving off for the week and the rage hits the fans.

The issue is you are viewing it as if only your group burnt through money on upgrades.
Many SoR members spent a lot of gold on upgrading, defending, and placing siege. (Even people who do not have guilds spent gold and refused to give up.)

As for you being off of SoR, hope you’re having fun in your match.

As for being disappointed by reply’s, think of the SoR members who had faith in their fellow SOR’s.
To see them start transferring off due to not liking the matches, or viewing themselves as the only ones spending money. Think of how they may have been disappointed by seeing people they trusted up and leave the server.

I don’t think people “don’t” want you back, however I do think you let your fellow SoR members down.

Also score update

Attachments:

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I have to say I am very disappointed in some of the responses from the SoR players. We burn through 42 gp in upgrades/siege last week and not so much as a ‘thank you’ but we take the courtesy to let you know that we are moving off for the week and the rage hits the fans.

We were losing interest in the game quickly having to play at a severe numbers disadvantage for the 3rd time in 4 weeks. Life on Gunnars Hold this week has been awesome, but we still do consider SoR home. We’ll be back next week even if you don’t want us back.

We? You mean you took your whole guild? Ouch, that’s going to hurt.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Sjaakie.1470

Sjaakie.1470

All SOR does here is complain about being outmanned and people leaving, last week some strange story with some officers who joined them just for because the SOS server mysticforge was bugged. And mostly I notice that they do not have the outmanned buff, also do they seem to attack at the same time as SOS does. Great timing was the first idea, now I almost start to believe they communicate because I really do not believe that a whole server will sit in Panglos Rise the whole time, doing nothing but defending, while SOS is attacking with huge zerks of multiple golems at us. While having plenty of chances to attack SOS all you do is attack IOJ and camp their supplycamps. Maybe that is an excuse to use as well: People leave because you are afraid to lose and even more afraid to win.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

All SOR does here is complain about being outmanned and people leaving, last week some strange story with some officers who joined them just for because the SOS server mysticforge was bugged. And mostly I notice that they do not have the outmanned buff, also do they seem to attack at the same time as SOS does. Great timing was the first idea, now I almost start to believe they communicate because I really do not believe that a whole server will sit in Panglos Rise the whole time, doing nothing but defending, while SOS is attacking with huge zerks of multiple golems at us. While having plenty of chances to attack SOS all you do is attack IOJ and camp their supplycamps. Maybe that is an excuse to use as well: People leave because you are afraid to lose and even more afraid to win.

Yup, we also have some very ill-prioritized people on our server. I know exactly who you’re talking about in EB. People spending hours defending a supply camp that served NO purpose since we had no tower/keep around it…

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Naria.6240

Naria.6240

It’s interesting to know SoS has to use a server transfer exploit to plant two commanders in SoR WvW zones to throw off the zergs on Friday night (Wolfbain and Cacare).

Knight Templars – Sanctum of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

It’s interesting to know SoS has to use a server transfer exploit to plant two commanders in SoR WvW zones to throw off the zergs on Friday night (Wolfbain and Cacare).

Who? I don’t even recognize those names as being commanders.

Then again if people follow someone random who isn’t an established person on the server for leading, ect… then it’s their own fault.

Commander tag doesn’t = a commander. It’s only a shiny blue trap. Nothing more.
A true commander is established on a server for being a leader.

@Sjaakie.1470, SoR isn’t allianced with SoS.

Commander Silvannas

(edited by Mishi.7058)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Armoek.4368

Armoek.4368

@mishi

They were SOS from team shatter I believe, 10-15 of our pugs followed them to their deaths for a significant amount of time.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

@mishi

They were SOS from team shatter I believe, 10-15 of our pugs followed them to their deaths for a significant amount of time.

lol, that’d be funny to fraps and put music to. (Then again I’m mean, so meh..)

Commander Silvannas

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Had fun pulling off PRX and pW people off cliffs tonight :]

New record of 8 people at Dawns, and around 6-7 at AH when I was hiding. Such good places to push and pull people off cliffs!

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Sos , Ioj.

Thank you for the fights.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Silvannas, you and I play during the same times and our paths have crossed before. I don’t need to explain to you what it’s like playing against Sea of Sorrows in the early AM hours but I would like an explanation from you as to why you find it to be enjoyable...

They steamroll us the entire night during Oceanic prime, pushing us right back to our citadel where we pretty much stay until the early morning when more Americans start to log on. Once we finally have the numbers to push back, all of SoS just logs off and we PvDoor the rest of the morning.

I don’t find that to be even the least bit fun, hence the reason I and a few friends have transferred off for the week. We love the community on SoR and I feel a bit ashamed and remorseful for abandoning you guys for the week. But I’d much rather fight a 10v10 battle than fight a series of 10v30 battles until 8 AM EST when it instantly becomes a 30v0 battle.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

xtorma.1283

Silvannas, you and I play during the same times and our paths have crossed before. I don’t need to explain to you what it’s like playing against Sea of Sorrows in the early AM hours but I would like an explanation from you as to why you find it to be enjoyable…

They steamroll us the entire night during Oceanic prime, pushing us right back to our citadel where we pretty much stay until the early morning when more Americans start to log on. Once we finally have the numbers to push back, all of SoS just logs off and we PvDoor the rest of the morning.

I don’t find that to be even the least bit fun, hence the reason I and a few friends have transferred off for the week. We love the community on SoR and I feel a bit ashamed and remorseful for abandoning you guys for the week. But I’d much rather fight a 10v10 battle than fight a series of 10v30 battles until 8 AM EST when it instantly becomes a 30v0 battle.

We have been holding our own in sor bg. I would be lying though, if I said we didn’t miss those folks who have moved to other servers. You have missed some really epic fights, like our supply camp defense earlier tonight. It was a battle of epic proportion.

If you love wvw, i can not understand why you wouldn’t think beating the odds was fun. Glad you are having a good time though, we will try and hold down the fort until you get back.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Stop trolling. That was already explained.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Silvannas, you and I play during the same times and our paths have crossed before. I don’t need to explain to you what it’s like playing against Sea of Sorrows in the early AM hours but I would like an explanation from you as to why you find it to be enjoyable…

I find it fun when they have to call 30-50 for 8 people holding out in a supply camp.
I find fighting win or lose fun.

I don’t find being zerged or zerging fun, however I also don’t find “giving up” fun either.

It’s not so much they “steam roll” as our side during those times lack coordination, and team work. If myself, owl, you, Miasmic, and a few others who coordinate were not to log in. Then honestly I dont think we would hold anything over night.

As for this week, we’ve been able to hold Garrison until it was lost on SOR BL apx 9-10pm EST. (It was lost prior to me getting to work but it was lost during NA prime time.) In fact around this time last week we’d lose everything on all maps, and be starting from ground zero. So far this week it hasn’t been as bad.

Also apx 3am-8am EST every day last week, SoS would /golem rush.
True that’s not fun, but it is the main reason we were steam rolled every morning last week. Mesmers can chain portal golems to a tower/keep within less then 60 second, and a keep’s gate can be destroyed in 15seconds or less. It happens.

I also don’t want to let down all the others form SoR who are fighting and trying to hold out over night, until NA prime time players log in. Plus I dump a ton of gold into upgrading, and placing siege, as do many. So I’d rather try to not let it get destroyed.

Commander Silvannas

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

the scorce was captured few minutes ago, enjoy

Attachments:

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

For the SoS in EB JP, sorry about your siege.
Hope you got a few badges while I destroyed 2-3ballistas, a catapult, and trebuchet.

<3

Commander Silvannas

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

For those of you who are unhappy on SoR we have room for you on SoS:)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

11:30 AM EST. Big score change.

Attachments:

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

SOR built a treb in the invulnerable spot by their Citadel at about 10:30AM CT, something that ANet has clearly and repeatedly said is an exploit.

Attachments:

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

It’s been said multiple times, siege isn’t invulnerable…

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

People are leaving because we had a good match-up last round? No wonder queue times have been so wonderfully short (or non-existent) since Friday. Here’s hoping they stay gone.

Sorry we aren’t giving you guys a better fight this week, SoS/IoJ.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SOR built a treb in the invulnerable spot by their Citadel at about 10:30AM CT, something that ANet has clearly and repeatedly said is an exploit.

Siege isn’t invulnerable…..

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Props to IOJ for coming out swinging this week. TSym & allies have been operating out of IJO BL and the fights have been epic. Looks like a few commanders decided they wanted to bring it this week and have been keeping us on our toes.

I am honestly impressed as we typically dominate open field battle, and early on you were matching us, and sometimes overwhelming us totally. SoR remained pretty tough, though this week for some reason much less so then the last. I was surprised when some of you guys attempted some portal bombs on us – the first 1-2 of which caught us off-guard as we have not seen those particular strategies from the groups we have been fighting. They were executed very nicely in what seemed as the only spots where we had weakness and we were split on the field. After we caught on though things changed quick as ones does not simply portal bomb TSym ~_^.

Keep bringing the pain – its been great practice so far, and hopefully we all learn and become stronger. We are looking at t1 in the future, we need to be pushed hard and step our game up if we expect to get it done at that lvl.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

What I saw this morning occur in SOR BL with SOS recapping Hills about 15 min after we capped it was an utter disgrace and probably the clearest example of why we are losing.

1) We capture hills
2) We capture greenlake
3) Huge SOS force assaults greenlake
4) A smaller force of SOS assaults southgate of hills
5) I capslox multiple times that southgate is under assault and to retreat from greenlake as it was a clearly hopeless situation… well in advance
6) People fight to the bitter end at greenlake and all wipe.
7) I was the only one at hills trying to desperately build a cart behind the door.

If people just learned to retreat more effectively we could have easily saved hills. We had full supply and we probably wouldve need just 5-6 people at hills at the right time to save it.

Currently we are not only being outmanned, we are being straight up outplayed.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

What I saw this morning occur in SOR BL with SOS recapping Hills about 15 min after we capped it was an utter disgrace and probably the clearest example of why we are losing.

1) We capture hills
2) We capture greenlake
5) I capslox multiple times that southgate is under assault and to retreat from greenlake as it was a clearly hopeless situation… well in advance
7) I was the only one at hills trying to desperately build a cart behind the door.

If people just learned to retreat more effectively we could have easily saved hills. We had full supply and we probably wouldve need just 5-6 people at hills at the right time to save it.

I was there and i don’t disagree that people dont listen, but i disagree with the theory you have that had people of listened we could of saved an nu-upgraded keep with no siege in it lol. Were talking about no door or wall upgrades bare keep with no siege whatsoever. Vs a zerg with possibly superior siege and lots of normal siege and supplies. There is no way. Perhaps maybe if there were some superior arrow carts at all the gates and catapults behind the doors etc with tons of players running supply to keep the very very weak un-upgraded doors walls from falling sure maybe but were not even talking about that.

The problem is that all players want to do is zerg. Zerg from one thing to the next. I dont like this play style at all becasue this is the kinds of things that happen when all people do is zerg.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Aurust.8961

1) We capture hills
2) We capture greenlake

I was there and i don’t disagree that people dont listen, but i disagree with the theory you have that had people of listened we could of saved an nu-upgraded keep with no siege in it lol. Were talking about no door or wall upgrades bare keep with no siege whatsoever. Vs a zerg with possibly superior siege and lots of normal siege and supplies. There is no way. Perhaps maybe if there were some superior arrow carts at all the gates and catapults behind the doors etc with tons of players running supply to keep the very very weak un-upgraded doors walls from falling sure maybe but were not even talking about that.

The problem is that all players want to do is zerg. Zerg from one thing to the next. I dont like this play style at all becasue this is the kinds of things that happen when all people do is zerg.

5-6 people wouldve wipe their initial push or at the worst definitely stall it enough to allow for significant reinforcements to arrive to quickly setup siege with the 500 supply we had at the keep.

We had as many people on the map as they had.

JQ WvW

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Yeah lets call everyone stupid on the forums, tell them they’re being outplayed! Tell them they’re all doing it wrong!, That’s sure to attract a steady night crew!

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Aurust.8961

Yeah lets call everyone stupid on the forums, tell them they’re being outplayed! Tell them they’re all doing it wrong!, That’s sure to attract a steady night crew!

I didnt call them stupid, I just said we are being outplayed, and listed step by step how.

What makes it even worse was that we were right there at greenlake.

Sorry if pointing that out hurts your feelings.

JQ WvW

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

xtorma.1283

Ok how does this appeal to your sensibilities,

Everyone is doing just fine. It is great stradegy to trade a tower for a keep, even if you can’t take the tower either. The only reason why we are losing to sos and ioj is because they have more people than us, even though we have queues in sor bl.

Look, don’t worry about the 5 guys sniping our yaks, it is much more important to zerg down those 3 pve’ers out there trying to get vista’s. You guys are awsome!

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Ok how does this appeal to your sensibilities,

Everyone is doing just fine. It is great stradegy to trade a tower for a keep, even if you can’t take the tower either. The only reason why we are losing to sos and ioj is because they have more people than us, even though we have queues in sor bl.

Look, don’t worry about the 5 guys sniping our yaks, it is much more important to zerg down those 3 pve’ers out there trying to get vista’s. You guys are awsome!

My “sensibilities” tell me we should deal with mistakes and poor planning internally, on Vent/Ts/Map/Team chat, in a decent manner(Its funny even if you’re pissed off about a situation and deal with it in a decent manner people listen, funny that), instead of on the forums where you sound like a huge kittenr on the same page you have a forum post asking for a night crew. I know it sounds crazy. Why would you come to a server that straight up advertises mistakes?

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoR needs more competent commanders. Some commanders don’t even know how to ninja a keep or tower, or that you can portal golems across the map instead of walking them for a half hour. Some commanders didn’t even know that siege weapons don’t have an AOE camp and let us turtle in the lords room of the garrison until we wiped (lol?). No offense but SoR is severely lacking in leadership.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

SoR needs more competent commanders. Some commanders don’t even know how to ninja a keep or tower, or that you can portal golems across the map instead of walking them for a half hour. Some commanders didn’t even know that siege weapons don’t have an AOE camp and let us turtle in the lords room of the garrison until we wiped (lol?). No offense but SoR is severely lacking in leadership.

I’m just dissapointed in SoR overall I’ll be honest, I don’t mind 2v1 or being outnumbered or any other excuses people love to cry about because it’s all part of the game but i have an honest question to Sanctum of Rall

when was the last time you actually attacked a Sea of Sorrows objective? o_O (2 supply camps don’t count and I have actually been counting the past 3 hours)

I’ll be more specific.. today we had a guild event where we went to SoS BL with the objective of flipping every single SoS objective there was.. and we did.. to a certain point. (Lake, Hills, Garrison, and basically claiming everything we can)

then SoR en masse attacked IoJ’s objectives.. instead of pushing NORTH they instead pushed East

are we at the point that people only see “fresh flip” means “easy take” so attack fresh flipped objectives to try and get cheap points??

because what happened for the next 3 hours is simply us wiping SoR as they try to take the objectives we just flipped from SoS

this is not winning or 2v1.. it’s worse, much worse. it’s playing hoping to get cheap points

I actually am a bit envious of SoS’ position right now no, not the driver’s seat.. not outnumbering and having more coverage than both sor+ioj combined but there must be a certain relaxing quality, a zen like state when you’re in the lead position and you know only 1 server attacks you and the other server is too busy attacking that other server

anyhows, i guess i’m just dissapointed that wuvwuv’s “fun” has evolved not in seeking and enjoying fights anymore but rather hoping and trying to get cheap points.

Sanctum of Rall one day, I hope you realize, going after “freshly flipped” objectives isn’t that smart. Specially when you fail to take it and all you do is make sure the leading server gets even more comfortable

can’t play afraid in this game

eventually, you gonna have to attack the server on top

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

xtorma.1283

I’m just dissapointed in SoR overall I’ll be honest, I don’t mind 2v1 or being outnumbered or any other excuses people love to cry about because it’s all part of the game but i have an honest question to Sanctum of Rall

when was the last time you actually attacked a Sea of Sorrows objective? o_O (2 supply camps don’t count and I have actually been counting the past 3 hours)

I’ll be more specific.. today we had a guild event where we went to SoS BL with the objective of flipping every single SoS objective there was.. and we did.. to a certain point. (Lake, Hills, Garrison, and basically claiming everything we can)

then SoR en masse attacked IoJ’s objectives.. instead of pushing NORTH they instead pushed East

are we at the point that people only see “fresh flip” means “easy take” so attack fresh flipped objectives to try and get cheap points??

because what happened for the next 3 hours is simply us wiping SoR as they try to take the objectives we just flipped from SoS

this is not winning or 2v1.. it’s worse, much worse. it’s playing hoping to get cheap points

I actually am a bit envious of SoS’ position right now no, not the driver’s seat.. not outnumbering and having more coverage than both sor+ioj combined but there must be a certain relaxing quality, a zen like state when you’re in the lead position and you know only 1 server attacks you and the other server is too busy attacking that other server

anyhows, i guess i’m just dissapointed that wuvwuv’s “fun” has evolved not in seeking and enjoying fights anymore but rather hoping and trying to get cheap points.

Sanctum of Rall one day, I hope you realize, going after “freshly flipped” objectives isn’t that smart. Specially when you fail to take it and all you do is make sure the leading server gets even more comfortable

I don’t know where you are fighting, but we do it all the time in sor bl.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

SoR BL is ALL SoS lower half you guys have no choice but to stop them from taking full control of your own turf

there’s a big big difference between your own home turf and SoS’ turf.. you have a choice to make and it’s clear the option SoR is choosing

what they think is the easy way which is going after freshly flipped objectives like i said, i see it clearly and that’s fine

just dissapointed that all the fight SoR has is going after what they think is an easy take which are IoJ objectives after we have forcibly kicked SoS out with FULL upgrades on their keeps and towers. It just ends up wasting SoR’s time, IoJ’s time, and SoS is smiling all the way home

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

xtorma.1283

SoR BL is ALL SoS lower half you guys have no choice but to stop them from taking full control of your own turf

there’s a big big difference between your own home turf and SoS’ turf.. you have a choice to make and it’s clear the option SoR is choosing

what they think is the easy way which is going after freshly flipped objectives like i said, i see it clearly and that’s fine

just dissapointed that all the fight SoR has is going after what they think is an easy take which are IoJ objectives after we have forcibly kicked SoS out with FULL upgrades on their keeps and towers. It just ends up wasting SoR’s time, IoJ’s time, and SoS is smiling all the way home

Are you suggesting we…..cooperate?

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

hardly, would love to see smarter/more courageous play though

:) anyhows have fun! if trying to go after freshly flipped objectives is what sor thinks is fun, that’s all that matters in wuvwuv

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

/rollseyes

Here’s CharliePrince’s IoJ fighting the good fight against SoS, and ignoring the “easy” flips. Lol.

Attachments:

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

Sanctum,

We are a distinct server, no other server is named for what we are named for, there is an honor and dignity assigned to each of us who make this our permanent home, a burden beyond what any other server carries on it’s shoulders. This is fight we will probably not win, this is a fight which will show us our many weaknesses, this is a fight which will test us, divide us and I believe ultimately unite us. It is a fight and not a gift in any manner beyond that. I know this is tough, I hear it as I’m sure you do in your guildies, people looking to do other things, people looking to stop fighting, people looking to quit, all I’ve got to say to you is, suck it up and drive on, hua.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Menion.1254

Menion.1254

It’s been said multiple times, siege isn’t invulnerable…

Nope, but the 30 players standing next to that treb sure are!

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Nekky.1895

Nekky.1895

IoJ raid leader/commander requesting a cease fire from us on SoR so SoS would be double teamed. We declined and were threatened that we would be “targeted”. Funny stuff.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Name of the commander?

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

1) We capture hills
2) We capture greenlake

5-6 people wouldve wipe their initial push or at the worst definitely stall it enough to allow for significant reinforcements to arrive to quickly setup siege with the 500 supply we had at the keep.

We had as many people on the map as they had.

Last thing I say here all of this QQing is sickening me. The premise of your argument is flawed in that you don’t take a tower/keep and leave it without leaving defenders and building siege. The problem isn’t that people are not listening and people are not retreating when told its that they are mindlessly zerging from one thing to the next. Then when something gets attacked everyone is rushing to defend it. This is how you lose at WvW. No you leave people there to defend it and build up defenses. Then when its attacked there is no OMGWTFBBG what are we going to do everyone to the keep NAO PLZ. These are basic things that seems like so many people missed all they want to do is attack. And everything they flip gets fliped by others because of it.

Bad commander decisions bad player decisions.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Coming from SoS (yes its not just SoR that replies in this thread) we don’t feel like everything is going our way. Most fights have been very tough and no server is just giving up.

I feel a bit sorry for SoR when one of their guilds turn tail and bail on you when they are needed most. Thats poor form and when you are asking for more guilds why would they want to join a server when you see this kind of defeatist attitude.

I am most impressed with IoJ who have turned things around from the previous week, they are turning up in numbers and have been giving us a great fight on EB.