11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

It’s been said multiple times, siege isn’t invulnerable…

Nope, but the 30 players standing next to that treb sure are!

Precisely my point. It’s a tad bit more difficult to take down the treb when all those players are raining down death on you. You ’re forced to take drastic losses when taking down the treb.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Nekky.1895

Nekky.1895

So why were my screenshots of the conversation with the IoJ commander about the cease fire deleted?

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

@IOJ, how did we end up with your “commander” Ellen Ari? was this a fair trade off? :<

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As a reminder to everyone participating in the discussion, please keep it friendly and productive, thank you!

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Epic fight on SoR map at Garrison keep room.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Anyone else find this exploiting? Or even borderline exploiting?

On SoR map, we have 15 people at Godslore capping… 2 thieves managed to use the rendering/stealth tactic and prevent us from capping. 10 PRX run in, we push them out. No cap. 10 PRX run in, push them out, no cap.

The 2 thieves pop very rarely and then stealth for another 4-5 minutes.

Moderator, thoughts?

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

Anyone else find this exploiting? Or even borderline exploiting?

On SoR map, we have 15 people at Godslore capping… 2 thieves managed to use the rendering/stealth tactic and prevent us from capping. 10 PRX run in, we push them out. No cap. 10 PRX run in, push them out, no cap.

The 2 thieves pop very rarely and then stealth for another 4-5 minutes.

Moderator, thoughts?

it’s possibly enjoying broken game mechanics and arenanet unwilling to fix their game (sorry mods this is true)

why do i say such?

because until I saw your sig, I thought you were talking about 2 SoR Thieves who did the exact same thing to IoJ on SoS BL

there was a time i’d absolutely be livid at perma stealthed thieves preventing cap for 5-10 minutes until the main zerg force gets there and pushes us back out

but honestly speaking

if arenanet does not care about their own game

why should i

why should we

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

I don’t think its any more broken than Mesmers portalling people into keeps, rendering bombing, or time warping/porting golems!

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

I don’t think its any more broken than Mesmers portalling people into keeps, rendering bombing, or time warping/porting golems!

but therein lies the bigger problem with the state of the game right now

mesmers portals would not be as devastating as it is WITHOUT the horrific rendering/culling issues that plague wuvwuv

so really, there’s a ton of things wrong with wuvwuv

and no, this game is not new

we’ve gone from “give it a week” to “it’s only 3 weeks old” to “it’s only been out a month” to “it’s only been out 2 months”

the excuses are there and i personally am struggling with the level of customer service we get because i know there is no subscription

soul searching: is this the best we will ever get with gw2?

the answer i find is, sadly, yes

don’t let my somber tone and macabre attitude get anyone else down, this is me humbled, bloodied, beaten and have basically given up on arenanet actually doing anything to make wuvwuv better

happened 2 weeks ago with what a friend said and she strictly plays SPVP

World vs World was never meant to be endgame. ArenaNET has always meant it for CASUAL play. Something you hop in to, get some battles going, log off and that’s all it was ever meant to be. SPVP is where AN’s focus and priorities are because their ultimate desire is to make GW2 an E-Sport

We the players have turned wuvwuv into endgame. Months have passed and we have NOTHING. Absolutely heard nothing about wuvwuv from ArenaNET and we always wonder why. This is not blind eye. They just never meant wuvwuv to become what we turned it into..

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

There is so much QQ on these forums lol, get over it people, stuff happens, coming on the forums about it doesnt help ANY situation…go fix it like people do in real life

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Well at least I’m still having fun. Best $60 I’ve ever spent.
Looking forward to hooking up with all my friends again tonight as I do every night, whether we win or lose, don’t render or can’t cap, as long as I’m picking myself off the ground and fighting against good opponents I’ll continue to be happy playing this game.
We might lose this week and we might lack organisation sometimes but I enjoy myself even when I get one-shot. I enjoy it when some smart kitten dances on my corpse and love doing it back to them.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

Well at least I’m still having fun. Best $60 I’ve ever spent.

not sure if BEST $60 but the R.O.I. is amazing for gw2 and i guarantee I have beat you all in /age

Something Stirs in the Sea of Sorrows

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Map and score update please? Because I’m pretty sure we lost AH by now with mindless TS/PRX zerging

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Map and score update please? Because I’m pretty sure we lost AH by now with organized TS/PRX zerging

Fixed

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

There is just so much awesomeness here. GL IoJ.

OK, now SoR folks you have just earned my respect.

" We beat you guys last week and we can do it again"

From now on i won’t jump on SoR dead bodies anymore!

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

The best part is that when the “offer” was made we were in 3rd place about -2,500 and had just started our retake. When I logged about an hour ago, we were in second and top tick for quite some time at +310 ppt. We owned every node in IoJ BL. It was a very satisfying day of WvW.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Scores @ 2:40am GMT

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Moderator)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Things are getting interesting for 2nd place.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I wouldn’t want to deny anyone the chance to victory dance on my corpse. Jump away, gl hf.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

That is a simply hilarious screenshot.

Hope it does not get nuked and infracted.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

Nice match from ioj and sor this weekend. ioj seem to have a lot more in number compare with last week.

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Its these lines here that made me laugh the most.

Scores @ 2:40am GMT

lol…too funny….I could understand it if he had anything to gain by winning…if, somehow it would push them into T1, where he’d have to do the same thing week after week to stay in T1.

The whole idea of the ranking system is to try to get similar strength servers playing against relatively equally matched opponents and therefore making the matches enjoyable/competitive. While double-teaming imho is not a big deal, it doesn’t really do anything other than ensuring one server doesn’t win and ends up staying in the same tier (in this case at least). So we’d have yet another round of SoS v SoR v IoJ…just what everyone is looking forward to…which may well happen anyway.

Having said that, if the whisperer in the link is truely that sick of losing to SoS, then I suppose it might make him/her sleep better at night. Personally, I’d just let the ranking system take care of the problem and enjoy close games, rather than the dubious pleasure of double-teaming and the inevitable destruction of said alliance when the double-teamed opposition is out of the fight.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

You bet IoJ has more players, it’s called an alliance with SoS lol. I like how SoS knocked down Briar wall and let IoJ cap.
Oh well, if IoJ has to ride SoS coat tails so be it. SoR won’t give up. It’s kinda flattering it takes two servers. =D

Good Luck guys. Wait, you don’t need luck, you need two servers.

All is fair in love and war

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Deathmax.9536

Deathmax.9536

That is a simply hilarious screenshot.

Hope it does not get nuked and infracted.

It already was. Someone just reposted it.

Current scores:

Attachments:

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

Im not wah wah I think it’s hilarious. Doesn’t bother me. It’s one week. It’s not going to ruin my life. Sorry to disappoint you.
I actually find it quite entertaining.

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

I had a good amount of time on both EB, SoS and Sor, BL this weekend.

From the get go, as an IoJ’er the feeling was omg..yay..we are not being double teamed. There was an appropriate amount of biffo in both directions….until the early evening my time (Australia) when all of a sudden we seemed to get caught in a sandwich.
Especially in EB, where SoS just went hardcore on us and SoR basically held or niggled us, other than fights we were in I saw NO crossed swords.

However later in the evening once again it seemed a jolly good three-way.

So I dont think SoR should be QQing about being double teamed, I think simply compared to last week, things are much more mixed up. SoS are superior, IoJ have turned up better numbers (still outmanned on 3-4 BL’s on Sunday arvo) at different times….but much better than last week.

I think often the ‘feeling’ of being double teamed is just the eb and flow of battle…fronts exhaust, zergs try a new angle and boom…now it feels like you are fighting everyone on everyfront.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I doubt the majority of SoR truly believe we are being double teamed. Even if it were the case it just means I get more people to fight because they aren’t splitting focus. I would take it as a compliment if I met IoJ and SoS at the same time and they stopped attacking each other to focus on me.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

No my friend it’s not the feeling. SoS knocked down briar wall and let IoJ cap.
Also IoJ and SoS were in large groups on the SoS map dancing together. Again very entertaining.
As I already stated, I am personally not going to need therapy after this WvW because of double teaming. I think it’s entertaining and only making our server stronger and work together even more. So really there is no down side to this. SoR needed this to happen to makes us come together as a server. I am taking this as a positive experience in WvW not a negative nor am I QQing.
Thank You for making our sever work harder and work together.

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

Im not wah wah I think it’s hilarious. Doesn’t bother me. It’s one week. It’s not going to ruin my life. Sorry to disappoint you.
I actually find it quite entertaining.

i find the imaginary alliance between SoS and SoR hilarious. Make sure you check the current situation on SoS BL before yelling your delusion on the forum. It makes your server look bad.

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

It also makes common sense if we see SoR are knocking on SoS’s watergate, then now is the time to X because both will be heavily committed.

X is selected because its adjacent/defendable for a long time or almost the opposite, its a ripe fortified target that would be hard to hold but great to flip.

Now if you own X you instantly feel double teamed.

I have played heaps and never broken off combat to go hit a 3rd party. Yes, we have skipped past, or let one knock the others door down….or even my favourite, when you realise you CAN’t take the blah gate…and you fall back ….and the enemy zerg sally’s forth to kick your fleeing butt….then the best thing to do is run away, ‘towards’ the other sides keep….then when you do die….you leave their zerg on your other enemies doorstep

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

We go to umber and have to push IoJ out (again). So then our guys naturally go up to the Ogres in which many people are shouting, “Don’t go to Pang and mess with IoJ, not in our best interest.” Which is ignored and they all go to pang, hold for while, and then IoJ slaughters them. Then IoJ goes up to Ogre, takes umber, and either takes Durious and or Brav. SoS, of course is taking QL/dan/langor/valley cus they are opportunists and always has a full team to do it.

Then SoR has to call in people from other BLs to help the 5 of us left (who didn’t immedietly leave after getting killed once) and try to take our stuff back. Then SoR all go back to BLs once SoS zerg gets into high gear and leave EB undermanned….

Repeat everyday for the past 2 matches.

It’s kinda boring and way to predictable imo.

(edited by fixit.7189)

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

SoS borderland:
IoJ and SoS pushed out SoR
Last week IoJ couldn’t do this.
Meh.
I will think what I want and you think what you want.
Again very entertaining.
Thank you.

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

i find ioj more funnier and humor at times. Normally when we take over supply camp or tower i would cheers or dance… and reply from ioj is /sit or /cry

via verse if they take back supply camp and tower some would dance and i would reply /cry or /gesture lolol

Thanks for those ioj tat made my day !

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

U wanna be tier 3?

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

No my friend it’s not the feeling. SoS knocked down briar wall and let IoJ cap.
Also IoJ and SoS were in large groups on the SoS map dancing together. Again very entertaining.

of course you got a screenshot of this. You’re not fooling anyone.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Can we please cut it out with this 2v1 bs? No matter what at certain times a team is going to be hit with both sides. It happens. The people controlling bay normally get it the worst as trebbing is easy from garrison and the team at lake tower is of course going to push to gain more ground. It happened in SoR bl last week reset to us and we did it to SoR on SoS bl this week. The issue is that SoS has more and thus are less vulnerable to it.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

Deny Deny Deny. I don’t need to prove the point. Those people know it’s true. Also what purpose would I be serving in lying about it. I truly do have better things to do than concoct such claims. We have gone up against you guys before. Have I ever stated such a thing during those battles? No. I actually had very nice comments about SoS on the forums. For example when servers were accusing SoS of exploiting. I stated I haven’t seen SoS do any exploiting, etc. Please research forums and comments before you try to be a smart kitten.
If you don’t want people to call alliance then take make it so kitten obvious.
Anyway, I clearly struck a nerve. Those who try so hard to make the point seem a lie are the ones lying.

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

Another thing it’s amazing how SoS borderlands haven’t changed since the alliance pushed out SoR. I mean we all know SoS can over power IoJ and take back their borderlands. But then again there isn’t an Alliance right?
The map is so obvious. Let’s be real people.
Also shocking how EB map hasn’t changed either. SoS and IoJ pushing out SoR.
It’s clearly my over active imagination.
Meh. Keep fighting Keep pushing. Either way people will say yay or nay.
Happy Hunting.

SoR [RUN]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

One of the oldest tactics in the book for a 3 way battle is for 1 side to sit back and let the other 2 fight it out, then go in and clean out the weakened victor. This isn’t about alliances, this is about strategy.

Alternatively, if 2 sides converge on one objective 1 side might pull back and go after something else, because that something else might hold greater strategic value. Again no alliance, pure strategy.

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Bash.7291

Another thing it’s amazing how SoS borderlands haven’t changed since the alliance pushed out SoR. I mean we all know SoS can over power IoJ and take back their borderlands. But then again there isn’t an Alliance right?
The map is so obvious. Let’s be real people.
Also shocking how EB map hasn’t changed either. SoS and IoJ pushing out SoR.
It’s clearly my over active imagination.
Meh. Keep fighting Keep pushing. Either way people will say yay or nay.
Happy Hunting.

Maybe things haven’t changed because we are now in NA primetime and not EU primtime. I mean, you do realize that EU is currently our weakest time slot due to a decent sized guild leaving. Also, please, screenshot or your so called “dance party” never happened. Seriously, if you have are going to make a statement like that back it up with proof instead of QQing about it repeatedly. Baseless accusations do nothing but make you look bad.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Bash.7291

The actions of one Idiot commander are not the actions of the server. And nce again that proves no supposed dance party to which you claimed. Also we lost two places on SoS BL already to SoS, so yes, great alliance right? Seriously, drop the 2v1 BS, and try actually fighting instead of QQing.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

11/9 SOR/SOS/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.